Reunion Part II

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV:

"Heh.. Mina you would have died if it hadn't been for her" Jennie told me and pointed at Momo. I made a show of looking at her and nodding.

"Um.. Momo this is Mina or Sharon and Sharon this is our queen Momo." Rose said gesturing to the two of us. Wait… they didn't know about us? I thought they knew Momo was in my room all this while. I shot a look at Momo who had a glint in her eyes that said this conversation would soon take an interesting turn.

"Nice to meet you Sharon.. I've heard a lot about you" she said looking straight at me. I felt shivers dance down my spine as it felt like she was directly looking at my soul.

"I eh yeah…" I stammered like an idiot. Momo's smirk soon faded and she got serious as she turned to Jennie

"So.. You said you wanted my help. Elaborate please"

Jennie blinked for a second and she began explaining the situation and the problems that we were facing. She told Momo about the fights, torture chambers, status privileges, the queen's guard or if you went by what Momo called her 'the witch's guard' and all the things we knew like when the guard's changed their shifts and when which gate would be open and so on. I chimed in from time to time and tried my best to explain.

Momo'd told me that Rose had gotten her here because Jennie had asked her for her help. She'd also told me about visiting the dungeons and seeing things firsthand. I saw her take all this information in with a stoic expression.

She flicked her eyebrows and nodded slowly "And you need my or our help to overthrow that witch?"

"Yeah.." I said and looked at her. She met my eyes and nodded. She turned to Rosie and they seemed to have a wordless conversation or maybe Momo and her had another way of speaking like telepathy or something. Rose nodded and spoke "We …. Will help you, but we need assurance that this isn't a trick. The two of you might be serious about accepting our help, but are all the people here like that? Look I am not blaming you or anything it's just we need to go about this carefully and make sure we haven't left any gaps here."

They.. Didn't trust us? I mean didn't they see the situation themselves? I wanted to snap but Momo spoke up and somehow the heat in my head diffused a little

"Do the guards notice if people begin to go missing in the dungeons?"

"Not really…." Jennie said with a shrug while still eyeing her girlfriend who didn't seem to be meeting her eyes.

"Why?" I snapped. I didn't mean to snap at them, but well they indirectly said they think all this is a trap! I mean why would we do this to our people just to bring down the other kingdom?

Momo looked at me and tilted her head as she spoke "Let's just say we're helping you.."

"Every week, you could send a bunch of people from here to my kingdom. They'll be taken care of don't worry. It's something like a refugee camp. I don't think I can open up the border every day, but once a week should be okay." She said. I felt my mouth fall open when I heard her suggestion. I mean yes, it would help us so much but the risk in getting them out…. I hoped nothing would go wrong and I decided it was worth a shot. I knew that whatever state the other kingdom was in, it would be better than here. Anywhere would be better than this hell hole.

And I don't know if Momo and Rose trusted us really, but I trusted my mate. Plus I knew she wouldn't harm them in any way. I felt myself nod while I heard Jennie thank them and began discussing things on how to go about it.

"I.. We need time to set it up though.." I heard Momo say

"Give us a few days Jen.. I'll tell you when we can start taking people in and where you need to be and so on. Mo's shields are hard to crack open. It's like cracking open an egg. You crack it open once and you cannot join it back.. Well, she can but it takes a lot out of her. But then again it's worth it. Her shields are unbreakable." Rose said hugging her girlfriend.

"Speaking of which… why don't you tell me how you snuck past my shields Rosie?" Momo asked with a frown immediately diffusing the tense atmosphere into a more comfortable one.

"Ha! It's a secret Mo.." she said with a giggle but then started to sober up and speak when Momo glared at her.

"Well… uh I was on patrol one day and there was a rip in the shield.. I happened to cross it by mistake or I don't know if it was fate but then I found myself walking to a lake. Then the next thing I know is she was before me and I felt that unmistakable pull to her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter