Pain

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Momo 's POV:

"How many people are left in the dungeons?" I asked Jennie when yet another bunch of people made their way into my kingdom. 

"A few.. It's getting tight. The guards have begun to notice that something is amiss and they're tightening security" She replied as we watched the people smile as the crossed the border. 

This had been going on for about 2 months now.. I'd had to secretly send a bunch of people here to set up a refugee camp. This part of the kingdom was restricted to our citizens either ways. And the 'refugee' camp had been given strict instructions to not go out of the given grounds. It could complicate matters if this operation was discovered. It had been hard to send supplies here without anyone suspecting what Rosie and I were up to.Of course not to mention the huge shouting Lisa had given me after I'd come back after our first meeting. I'd just come back looking like a dead person. Who could blame her? I knew I'd had ash and soot on my face as I'd had to cover my face with it in order to blend in with the other side. Rosie somehow had escaped Lisa's wrath while I had to sit while she ranted and went on and on! She even went as far as to punishing me! And I couldn't say anything as I was terrified of her. I know I act all strong and cold and indifferent but on the inside I had a lot of things that I was scared of. And Lisa was definitely in my top 3. Oh boy! An angry Lisa is like nothing else. I could go and stand in front of the dark witch without fear but ask me to stand in front of an angry Lisa? I'd beg you to let me go. 

Which was probably why I didn't know how much longer we'd be able to keep this secret. It was really hard to sneak past the guards and all my friends to come here and open the shields. Not to mention the fact that it was strenuous. 

"That witch is still clueless about this huh?" I asked 

"I don't know.. But Momo you need to be on your watch. She is getting ready for something. I don't know what it is but I know she will do something to you one of these days... How's Rosie?" 

"She's doing fine... She got stuck at a meeting and is currently discussing patrol and shifts." I said with a chuckle. 

"Aww.. She hates those..." Jennie said with a giggle. 

I nodded and spoke up again "This is getting harder.. This whole thing isn't-" 

  

A loud scream interrupted me and I whirled to see what had caused the sudden commotion. We ran to the clearing where all the people were currently resting after their hike and found a man dressed in black armor. Only the elite circle of guards wore those. Even Mina didn't have one of those. How did he get here? I thought Jennie had checked the people coming over here in advance? 

I turned to look at Jennie who was clearly frozen with what looked like fear shining in her eyes. I then shifted my eyes to the people and like Jennie some of them were visibly shaking. 

"Jennie... My darling Jennie" he drawled stalking closer to where the two of us stood. Jennie flinched and bit her lip while I just closed the barrier shield and made a new one around all these people. 

"Get- Get away from me!" Jennie yelled 

"Conspiring with the enemy huh?" he asked with a fake gasp and then turned his vision to me. Involuntarily I found myself smiling. Smiling at the challenge he was indirectly posing. 

"How rude of me, I'm Yo-Han the general of the dark queen's army and her personal guard." He said as he came to a halt at the center of the field. General? Interesting. I'd never heard of a Yo-Han before so this was new. I accepted the unspoken challenge and walked towards the center. 

"I don't care," I said instead of giving him the introduction he probably wanted. in an indifferent manner and smirked. His smile faded as he twisted his face into what I'd like to call the 'evil smile' and drew out twin blades. He flipped them in his hand and raised an eyebrow. I sighed and drew my sword too. I shrugged as he came right at me. I parried his attack and tried to get him to lose his balance by sticking a foot out. But unfortunately for me I ended up falling on my . I rolled and got back to my feet and grit my teeth. I was so not losing to this guy whoever he was. 

I lunged at him only to be blocked and thrown off him. He was certainly not giving me an easy time was he? I barely moved my sword in time to block his attack. I got to admit that was very sloppy. I wasn't able to match his skill in fighting one on one. I felt a sting on my leg and bent down to see a trickle of red blood making it's way down my leg onto the ground.  I bit my tongue and grunted while he chuckled. 

He was so dead!. I spun and went on to the offensive and began to rammed the hilt of my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter