The Final Stand Part II

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV:
Walking onto the field where a fight and inevitable bloodshed would take place was much harder than I thought it would be. I found myself standing beside Rosé and Lisa at the front while the others stood behind us. I had my hood pulled up to conceal my face so that I could see the surprise on the witch's face when she realized I was still alive. Jennie and I had a little trick planned up our sleeves and had informed Rosé of it while we were coming here. A little gift to the snarky on my throne. Something I would enjoy seeing. I spread my palms and wiggled my fingers so that my magic was all ready to unleash itself. 
But the only issue here was the number of soldiers gathered. Rosé had said that they had an installment arriving in a few hours since they'd been summoned, but I was skeptical of the whole thing. Not when the other side had thousands of those creatures. Creatures born from the darkness and pain. Creatures who love to kill. An army of about 500 soldiers would be no match to the might of the other army. I hoped the rest of their army would arrive in time to help us survive. 
I took a deep breath and readied myself. A yelp from behind caused me to whip my head to see green lights in the sky. They'd made the first move by attacking the capital of light. I growled as I turned to face the other army who were hungrily staring at us from the other side of the shield. The scraping of their swords and their hunger for pain and death was evident in their eyes lidded with their lust for blood.
"Those idiots have no clue what they just did" Lisa snarled while Rosé raised two fingers and pointed forward. And immediately all the shields clinked into place together. Impressive
"Archers! On my call, shoot at the ground" Rosé yelled and I could hear the strings of the bows being pulled back.
"Hold…. Hold…" Rosé called while she gestured to someone to break Momo's shield. She raised a hand in the air while still looking at the guy as he tore an opening in the shield. As soon as an opening was created, the other army surged forward and ran towards the tear.
"NOW!" Rosé gave the order and the hissing of hundreds of arrows filled my ears.
"Nayeon!" she barked indicating that unnie had to push the arrows farther using her powers. I placed a hand on my sword just to be safe.
All the arrows embedded themselves in the ground creating a line on the ground. A warning conch was sounded on the other end but it was too late for the bunch of idiots who'd made their way already onto this side. As soon as they stepped closer to the arrows, they all exploded and the people who were standing there just a minute ago were now gone in flames. I flinched at the sight of my people dying like that, but they'd chosen to serve the instead of help me in this war. I'd given them a clear choice but they'd made their decision so this was what they'd get.
"Serves them right" Lisa mumbled and nodded at Rosé. Time for the next attack. Once the fire had diffused, and the smoke had cleared we could see the other army spread out and waiting for us. I scanned the ranks for the and I found her at the very back wearing her usual black armor. Her face was set into a sneer as she surveyed her opponent. The counterattack happened before I could call out a warning.  The ground beneath our feet began to shake and 5 of those creatures jumped out attacking the people. 
"Blondie DUCK!" I yelled as I ran at the creature coming to get her with my sword drawn. Lisa frowned and moved out of the way just in time as I jumped in the air propelling myself forward. I slashed my sword and beheaded the awful thing. I winced as the head rolled onto the ground and the body crumpled before me. I turned back to see Rosé take care of another one of those creatures while the other 3 were killed by the soldiers. 
"Blondie?" Lisa hissed as I walked back to where she and the others were. She still had time to make jokes huh. I glared at her and snapped "A simple thank you would suffice" 
"We lost 3 people" Rosé growled as she came back at the front. Loss was inevitable in battle. The time to mourn would be once we had won. Until then we were to focus on the winning and nothing else.
I nodded looking at the now advancing army. Dark warriors born and bred to kill were all ready to launch themselves at us.
Rosé sent another volley of arrows aiming for the approaching threat. But shields disintegrated them before they could meet any targets. 
My heart thundered in my chest and I swallowed as I watched the army inching towards the demarcation line. My magic writhed desperately wanting to be unleashed. But I had to plan before I made an attack. I shouldn't make my attack go to waste. I'd have one shot with the element of surprise on my side and I had to use it well.  I had to time it well.
But despite it, I knew this would hurt. I knew it would wreck my magic and my body. I knew it would hurt to see my companions or people I'd known die right before me. But I knew it had to be done. This was a fight that was long overdue. And it would end here. 
I waited as they all came to a halt. I nodded once to Rosé indicating that it was time. She raised her hand and yet again archers were poised to fire. As if on cue, about one-third of the opposite army stepped up and fired upon their own army.
Perfect. Jennie and I'd contacted some of the soldiers who hated the witch and had asked them to turn against their brethren and fire on them. They'd only agreed when I'd mentioned that we had taken the support of the other side. Only when they knew there was a stronger person or people supporting us had they agreed to take this risky chance. To differentiate between them and the other soldiers, we'd asked them to mark a cross on their armours. And so they had. This way the army of light, wouldn't kill them. I concentrated hard and curled my fingers at my side,  wiping out about a hundred of those savage creatures. I watched as dark ribbons danced around in the field until the turned into ash and fell onto the ground. I panted softly as the killing had taken out quite a bit of my magic and strength. I caught my bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter