Reunion

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo's POV:

"You know I need an explanation!" I said as I panted running behind her to god knows where. I followed her as she led me in the forest turning at random bends. She stopped in front of a cave and turned to face me.

"I will.. All in due time, but please help my girlfriend.. Her people aren't bad.. Yes, there are sadists and horrible people here but most of them are innocent. If my girlfriend was right, we'd be able to sneak into the palace in time to get an idea of the ammunition they have and the kinds of people we would face eventually."

"How are we going to get in?" I asked not because I wanted to know but I wanted to see the truth before I made comments on helping people or making allies from this place.

"I.. That's why you're needed… You need to conceal us while we are in there.." She said hesitantly. I sighed and shrugged

"And this girlfriend of yours? Where is she?" I asked looking around.

"She'll be here…" she said

"I.. I’m sorry for having lied to you and for sneaking in and out of our kingdom while I was on duty. I just didn't expect my mate to be from there! But, I fell in love with her and I cannot stand by and watch her suffer." she explained

"But.. Why am I here? I mean why do I need to watch this?" I asked. It all seemed like a fishy plan to me. If she'd seen the place before, then why was I to come here? Like what if they wanted to kidnap me? Why was I even having such thoughts?

"Because I asked her to bring you here" a new voice called out from behind me. I turned to find a girl with black hair standing before me.

"I'm Jennie, Nice to meet you. I'm Rosie's girlfriend" She said introducing herself. I tilted my head and examined her. How had the general of my army fallen for her? Well, I could ask myself why I fell for someone who betrayed us..

"Jen, she's Momo our queen" Rosé told her and I just continued to stare at her.

"I know you must hate us, but please.. I need your help. We need your help. I will brief you on the details once we meet the others, so please follow me.. " she said. I created a shield around me and Rosé and made sure we were invisible.

"I.. Can't see you, but I'm assuming you're here so.. we need to go this way" she said and turned right. We followed her silently through the cave and walked out into a dull and gloomy street. She turned into an dark alley and then walked towards the sewer entrance. A perfect place to hold the light queen captive. I was on high alert as I followed her. I stopped when I sensed something off about this place. Rosé began to look around when she saw my expression. I shook my head and we ran to catch up with her girlfriend. We then entered what seemed to be a prison. I regretted having had any food when I saw the state of all the people. Ravaged and scarred backs, pain was evident on their faces and they all looked like they'd never eaten a single morsel of food in ages. The place was stinking and blood stains were present everywhere. The whole place was dirty and I had no doubts it lead to further infections if the wounded were brought here. The conditions of the cells weren't any better. I stopped when the girl Jennie stopped before an empty cell and began to look around her. She was clearly flustered. An old man from the neighboring cell spoke up and said "If you're looking for her the guards just took her.. they dragged her out just now.. You're late by a minute. They said something about a meeting. They were looking for you too"

Jennie gasped and whirled right into me since we were invisible she must've forgotten about us. I steadied her and she paused as if remembering us. She dragged us into the cell and asked "Can you teleport?" I frowned at her weird question but nodded my head.. I could manage short distance teleporting.. I couldn't do it with a lot of people though. 
"I.. need to get to the palace, can you please help me? Things will get worse if I don't get there in time.." She said stammering. I don't know why but I nodded and told her to think of the palace and hold my hand. I grabbed Rosé's and I tried to teleport us to the place where she had shown me.

Jennie turned to me and whispered "I owe you one.. Thank you so much! Please… shield yourselves here.. The queen will be here" . She sprinted down the hallway and opened a large obsidian black door. She entered and scrambled over to what seemed to be her seat. Not knowing what we should do, Rosé and I just chose to stand by the door. We'd get a clear view of the front and we would stay out of matters. I made sure my shield was intact and that the illusion I'd created was all in place when the doors opened and the witch came in. My eyes locked onto her every move as she sat on her throne. I bit back the growl and forced myself to hold myself together.

"Bring in the prisoner" She called out and flicked her hand. I turned when I heard the sound of dangling chains to see a sight far worse than anything I'd seen today. My eyes were glued onto the person as they made it to the center of the room. I stared and stared at the state of my soulmate and tried not to snap and tear the whole place down.

I stared at the rags she was wearing, it barely covered her. Like the other people I'd seen, her back had been whipped too and it was a mess… She had multiple bruises all over her. Her bones were jutting out and I wondered how long it had been since she had last eaten. She had dark circles around her eyes and looked so pale and weak. She looked like she would fall and pass out the next second. And those chains! They'd wrapped in around her legs, arms, torso and even the neck making it impossible for her to walk with that weight. Given the fact that she was so weak and fragile she couldn't possibly walk let alone move with that extra weight.

I found myself moving front to get a better view of what was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter