Lies Part II

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo's POV:

I flinched as another ring hit Mina. She seemed off today. This was the fourth ring that she hadn't dodged. Well, she seemed fine yesterday, but today morning she seemed lost. She'd kissed me and asked "Would you still be with me even if the world  falls?". At first I couldn't speak. But then when I could I said "My life is to make sure the world doesn't fall. But if it does fall, then I will make sure you and everyone else survive." I didn't know why she asked that but, I gave her a vague answer. Its almost like she knew what was going on in my head. Guess soulmates could read your mind.

"I... I need a break" Mina said breaking my line of thoughts and ran off. I watched her as she ran into the forest and  looked back to find seven pairs of eyes looking at me. "What?" I asked

"What's with her?"

"What did you do?"

"Why did you fight with Minari?"
"Momo you're horrible"

"What happened to her?"

"Is she okay?"

"Where did she go?"

Seven people fired seven questions at the same time. But, what did I have to do with her mood? I didn't do anything...  Nope I don't remember doing anything.

"I.. Didn't do anything! And, I am trying to understand why she is so annoyed too" I told them with an annoyed expression. Some friends they were. They believed me when I told them I was their queen but they didn't believe me when I said I hadn't done anything to Mina!.

"Why are you still here?" Jeong asked when I didn't move

"Huh?" I said with a frown

"Go after her dummy!" Sana huffed pushing me towards the forest

"Such a bad girlfriend" Tzuyu muttered.

"If you were my girlfriend and had you acted like this I'd have had you for dinner by now" Jihyo said rolling her eyes.

"Fine fine fine! I will find her and get her back" I called out and went into the forest to look for Miss Myoui.

I looked around her usual spots by the river, on the cliff, in the clearing, in the house, in that meadow where we kissed for the first time but she wasn't there. Where did she run off to? I sighed as my stomach grumbled. It was time for lunch! And my girlfriend decided to run away now. I mentally slapped myself for leaving her to run off. Now I had to cover twice as much distance than before.

 

Mina's POV:

I ran away from the others despite the sting in my stomach. I needed to solve the problem I created. I couldn't let them die. I couldn't..  I made sure no one was behind me and let a tendril of my magic out. I opened my palms and hid myself using my magic. I dug deeper into my well of power and tracked those jerks. My tracking wasn't very good, so it took me a while to get any signs of life and movement. When I did get to the spot where my magic had tracked three life presences, it was 3 birds sitting on a tree. I ground my teeth and tried again. I walked over to the cave and searched for any signs of arrival or departure. I ignored my growing hunger and continued to search. I  knew it was well past my usual lunchtime. I was about to turn and look in another direction when a hand grabbed my from the back. I was dragged all the way to the back and then thrown to the ground.

"What. Are. You. Doing. Here.?" he snapped at me. I looked at the man who was supposed to be my brother. I couldn't believe it. He was leading this kill party?

"I could ask you the same!" I snapped back as I got to my feet.

"You had me worried! The only way I could get to you is if I took this up!" He whisper yelled at me

I ran and hugged him. Even though I was mad at him, I loved him. He had protected me all his life and had even come here to protect me. Sure, he was rough and rude at times but he was the best brother anyone could ever want. He slowly relaxed and wrapped an arm  around me holding me close.

"Listen, they're all here... If they see you, you know you'd have to come back with us. So.. Was that vision we saw accurate?" he teased me. Months ago we had been shown this vision of me and another girl holding hands and standing on a cliff. Back then I didn't know who it was. But now it made sense. It was Momo.

I smiled and nodded. She was amazing. I was about to say something else but he muttered a soft "Sorry" and guards surrounded us from all directions. He... He'd sold me out? No.. He couldn't have, I trusted him with my l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter