Power

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo's POV:

Various scenes began to pass in my mind. Scenarios where Momo died or where she was against the dark queen. I couldn't see straight. Pain. Rage. Loss. Betrayal. Despair. Agony. Sorrow. Those were the kinds of visions I was getting. What was happening?

 

Flashback to a few minutes ago:

I'd met Mina in the lobby outside and the headmaster had told me she would be our new roommate and that she'd need our help to settle in. I could see her getting along with all 8 of us, so I agreed and took her with me. I entered the noisy cafeteria and concentrated on tuning out the unwanted gibberish filling my head. All people ever did was gossip. Ugh! And every single thought could be heard by me. I brought her over to our table and introduced her to the others. The mood was off. And there was no Momo. Funny. I had been getting vague visions of Momo standing on a cliff, in front of a tomb, lifting a bloodied sword but none of them made any sense. The weirdest of them all was that every time I thought about these visions, Momo would cringe. Almost as if she knew what I'd been thinking. The atmosphere was thick and awkward so I decided to ask them what was wrong. I could just jump into their heads, but I didn't want Mina to feel lost. At that moment, Momo walked in and I saw another one of my visions. This time Momo was in front of a throne, looking at it. Staring at it. I blinked back into the present to see Momo sit next to Sana. She'd told me soon after that she was the queen. I had suspected it for a while, but the news was shocking no doubt. We worked hard on keeping it a secret and made sure no one knew or suspected anything. It was for everyone's safety. Our school had spies. The problem was that the spies were spirits, which meant they couldn't have been seen that easily. Spirit spies are the only ones with that ability. To not be seen. To catch one was very hard, though no one had tried anything. If say we caught the spy and the dark queen declared war, what were we to do? Which is why we decided to keep quiet and let them be. But, Momo seemed restless. She met my eyes and tilted her head. That was her way of giving me permission to talk and sneak in her head.

Jihyo... They know....  

What? Who? I

I messed up.. I messed up so bad

What are you saying?

They know who I am....that I am the selected one

Oh shoot. Who? Who knows?

I.... I killed the spirit.

Momo! What are you saying? Either let me fully in your head or tell me what happened!

In class today, I.. My eyes began to glow. I can't stop it Jihyo! The power flows through me and I cannot hold it in anymore. It hurts! I try to ignore it but I can't! I... Oh god. I was asked to meet the teacher but.. The spirit spy happened to have seen that and it.. It killed the teacher. I got mad and scared and I ended up killing the spirit.

Oh.. Are you.. Are you hurt? Did it get you anywhere

She knows now. She Is coming for me.

The.. The dark queen? Are you sure? This isn't going according to your plan is it?

You know the answer! We need to run. We need to go. Her scouts will be here in a while. 

 

I tuned back into the conversation to hear Jeong tease Chaeng. I laughed with them and tried my best to sound genuine while Momo was lost in thought. I decided to check on Mina and was sorting through her head, while Momo sent some random images into my head. One was an image where the doors of this cafeteria shut and everyone was in a daze while the other was one where we were all running from something or someone. I snapped out of it to see the doors of the room close just like it did in Momo's vision. Hey! I was supposed to be the seer not her!

Where do we go? Her voice rang in my head

I need to see! I cannot concentrate.. Get them to shut up!!


Chaos erupted and Jeong yelled trying to calm them all down. But nothing worked. I looked at Momo who seemed to realize what s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter