The Queen of Light Part II

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina's POV: 

I gaped and gaped at the scene as I saw Momo stab the witch for the last time. I swallowed nervously as she turned back to us and began walking towards us. I tried to bark out a warning as a lone soldier fired an arrow at Momo. The arrow went through her shoulder and she yelled in pain. I flinched and tried to move and get to her, but my body had reached its limit. But Lisa somehow ran to her and pulled her up despite her own wounds and exhaustion and hauled Momo to the healers tent. I could only watch as more soldiers began tailing back to the temporary camp that had been set up. I felt an arm go around me and saw Rosé beside me helping me up. She looked equally as exhausted as I was and we leaned on each other as we too trudged back to where Lisa had taken an unconscious Momo.  

I slumped onto the first chair I found and I gulped down the glass of water that was offered to me. I leaned my head against the headboard and closed my eyes. Never in my life would I want to see something like that. See that many people dead on the ground. I felt a hand rip my shirt and throw it away and I opened my eyes to find a woman with black hair frowning at the wound on my back. 

"Could... Could you please lie down?" she asked and I sighed and nodded. I forced my legs to stand up and went down to lie next to my girlfriend. Her shoulder had been bandaged and she was in deep sleep. I wiggled next to her and flopped onto my stomach lying down so that the healer could do whatever she wanted to my back.   

I closed my eyes ignoring the sting of the cloth as she cleaned the dirt from my wound before applying the salve and then the prick of the needle as she began to stitch it up to seal the wound. I found myself drifting off to sleep while she was still working on my back.  

 

Sana's POV: 

I silently munched on the food that I was given while huddling next to Nayeon unnie. I'd already taken a short nap, and had already been taken to the healer. I'd also been given a pair of clean clothes to change into. Nayeon unnie hadn't been able to sit for even a few minutes before gagging. Somehow I wasn't that affected by the dead bodies. I was, and I would wish to never see something like that, but I had it a little better than Nayeon unnie. Jihyo was trying to soothe unnie from where she was lying down on the floor since she still couldn't move because of her injury. I couldn't help but wonder what my fate would have been if Momo hadn't come in at that moment. I  shuddered as I remembered the memory of the way the tip of the sword felt as it grazed my skin.  

And Momo..... She- 

 I now knew what she'd meant when she said having that kind of power would attract people if she lived with her parents. And hence had to come out to live with us in the town.. She'd gotten the very ground we'd stood on to shake. All the elements were howling and everything had been so intense. The town.. The word hit me with fear that I'd never known. A kind of fear that was way different than the one I'd felt when I was on the verge of dying. A fear which was not for myself, but for my family and Dahyun. My Dubu. I frowned as I mindlessly munched on the food when I bit my cheek instead of the food.  

"Ouch" I mumbled and puffed my cheeks while I rubbed my tongue against the hurt. I didn't want to use my finger since I still felt that it was unclean even after washing my hands around fifteen times.  

I could still feel the blood of others on my hand.  

"What happened?" Jihyo asked as she saw my frown 

"I bit my cheek" I mumbled and she giggled. Soon I found myself joining her along with Nayeon unnie. I guess, when you were with your family and friends, you could always have a reason to laugh even in the darkest times. 

The flaps of the tent opened and a much livelier Rosé, Lisa and Jennie walked in. 

"Hey" Jennie said waving with a giggle as she squat on the floor beside Rosé while Lisa occupied the lone chair in the corner.  

"How are you guys feeling?" Rosé asked as she surveyed us 

"Better"  

"I'm fine.. Just processing things" 

"I feel sick" Nayeon unnie mumbled 

"That's life for you" Lisa spoke earning a glare from Jennie and Rosé. 

"You'll get through it" Jennie said with a cute smile. I smiled back in return. She was a sweetheart.  

"Where's Momo?" I asked since she hadn't joined us. 

"She's fine I guess... She's sleeping.. And Mina's with her" Lisa mumbled looking away. I frowned at her vague answer while Rosé cleared and coughed. 

"Someone was more concerned about the healer assigned to Momo than worrying about the queen" Rosé teased and Lisa glared at her even as she began to blush. 

"Oh?" I asked finally catching the hidden words 

"Yeah.... What was her name again? J-I-S-O-O?" Rosé continued with an expression of mock innocence while Lisa hid her face in her hands. Jennie nudged her girlfriend to stop torturing the poor girl while Jihyo just chuckled. 

"Jisoo? Oh I've met her a number of times back at the palace" Nayeon unnie spoke and Lisa immediately looked at her 

"Really? You too? Oh gods no!" She groaned and Rosé began howling. 

"Why?" I asked eager to know what caused Rosé to laugh this loudly. 

"She- She oh my god! This is soo funny! She just embarrassed herself in front of her crush! Oh my god! I'll tell you the story once I calm down.. Just give me a moment" Rosé spoke in between laughs while Jennie giggled along with her.  
And just like that my worries about my family and Dahyun were put to rest for the time being.  

 

Momo's POV: 

I opened my eyes to the feeling of someone playing with my hair. I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the figure sleeping beside me. A small smile formed on my mouth as I saw the pout on my mate's face as she continued to play with my hair.  

"Hey " I croaked, my voice raspy and thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter