The Queen of Light

Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person's POV:

The battle had already begun when a lone figure was seen trudging along to the plain. Covered in the shadows, and flipping a shiny sword that was glinting in the light as figure moved. With each stride the life in the forest cowered in the figure's presence almost as if they were afraid. A pair of shiny silver eyes were seen as the figure came closer to the field. 

---

Sana's POV:

The sudden flare of bright white light died  and I carefully cracked an eye open to see if I was dead and whether I was in heaven or hell. I squinted as my eyes adjusted to my surroundings when the sudden grip on my neck vanished. I fell to the ground coughing as I caught my breath. I hauled myself to my feet and gaped when I saw the guards around us - they were dead. I looked beside me to find an equally shook Lisa, a scared Nayeon unnie, a glaring and fuming Rosé and an exhausted Mina who was trying to heal her wound by pressing a hand over it.

Just as the dust died down revealing why the whole battle ground was silent Lisa whispered "Holy gods"

Not at the army still surrounding us, nor at the bodies lying on the ground around us. But at who emerged from the dust and smoke. At what emerged.

I didn't know where to look. At the soldiers still moving forward or the shock on the 's face or at Momo.

 

At the Queen of Light.

 

She'd worn no armor, but a crown adorned her head. A crown for war, a crown to wear into battle and a crown to lead armies. The wind whipped against her and her hair swayed in the wind.

There was no fear in her face, no doubt as Momo flipped her sword in her hand once more as the soldiers were in her path again.

A swift upward strike cleaved the creature before her in half and the black blood spraying all around. She didn't wait for the body to fall, for she was already moving. Flowing like a river.

Rosé suddenly lurched forward and started to attack those around us. And just like that the soldiers fell into position and began to continue the battle.

 

A call went down the line. The queen has come.

 

I snapped out of my reverie and went to Nayeon unnie and we stuck together as we tried to fight off all those creatures who came at us. I sent waves strong enough to drown an entire rows while Nayeon unnie helped the water move faster.

 

Momo's POV

I knew I was late from the very start. But as I ran through the forest to reach the battle field, my heart lurched to a stop. Bodies lay dead everywhere and dark soldiers were covering every inch of the field. I cursed as I moved forward trying to get a better view of what had happened. I felt a iron grip on my heart as I saw Mina, Sana, Nayeon unnie, Lisa and Rosie being choked by the beside them. I felt my power roil beneath my skin. Oh she didn't know what she had just awoken. She had pissed me off. She had made me fail my one job; protecting my people. I had failed to do that last time, but this time... I wasn't letting that happen.

So that is what I would do. Fight for my kingdom. The kingdom of Light. I was the queen and this was my duty. To protect my people.

The moment those creatures tried to move towards the city, towards where I was standing, I raised my hands and blinding white light shot through the field. My real power - white light filled the field blinding everyone standing there. All this while I'd been playing around with only a fraction of my true power, scared that I'd hurt someone. But now, it was time for them to see whose kingdom they just provoked. I let my eyes glow silver as I walked through the field despite the eyes following me. Let them. I wanted them all to watch when I pushed my sword through that witch's heart.

 

I was no helpless princess. I had never been one.

 

My sword sang with each swipe, my mind cool and sharp as I assessed each enemy soldier, their weapons and took them down accordingly. I dimly knew that Rosé had given the command for the remaining troops to attack too and that she and Lisa were now defending my flank.

Death became a melody in my blood, every movement  a dance as soldiers and creatures fell on the floor around us.

Death had been my curse and blessing in these long long years. From the moment I was born, this was my job. I was trained for this, all those years of rigorous training I'd gone through was all for this moment in my life. The final battle with the witch. I was meant to do what my mom and the queen before her couldn't do. And that is what I would do today. And so I went on, killing every single enemy soldier in my way making my way to the witch who was busy doing her own share of killing. For a moment when I stilled to look around, I realized that our army wouldn't hold for long. I could see the exhaustion on Rosé's, Lisa's and every other soldiers face. This would have to end soon or else more people would begin to die only because they couldn't defend themselves. That thought had adrenaline rush through my blood and I began moving through the plain much faster until I was right across her. She lifted her eyes to me and sneered. She was just like I remembered her to be. Pale chalky white skin and black matted hair. Her black and yellow rotting teeth seen as she opened to sneer. Her black swirling robes flowed around her as she seemed to have discarded her armor somewhere. I flicked my eyes back to the wrinkly face of hers and met her hungry black eyes.

 

"So you finally came huh?" she asked as she flicked her long and ugly nails. I kept my eyes on her as she raised an eyebrow at me.

 

"Couldn't let you have all the fun, I needed some too" I drawled as I took note of my surroundings.

 

"It's a pity they cannot see you die and witness your last moments before." she said gesturing to the ongoing fight around us. I knew what she was trying to

say.

 

"If I give the order, you give it too" I spoke as I shrugged flipping my sword in my right hand.

 

"As you wish. I need to show my army too, who they're serving and why they are following me."

Honestly I had to give her self confidence some points but today I was the only one among the two of us who was walking out of the battle field. She was never going to make it.  I watched as she raised two fingers to and whistled. The sound c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter