Asap (short)

Insufficient Funds

*Miren goes to a building, waits in line, then goes to see someone*

Miren: Hi I'm here to submit my webtoon to the company. I'm Choi Miren, someone called me saying you liked my submission. 

Kyubin: We like lots of people's submissions, doesn't mean your special. 

*Then Kyubin looks in it and gets confused*

Kyubin: Give me a detailed summary about this story. 

Miren: The story is called ASAP where a girl can easily make other people fall in love with her quickly yet she doesn't get her crush named Stay or something so she- 

Kyubin: Wait is this a gl webtoon? 

Miren: Yes I put that on the submission. 

*Kyubin puts the webtoon face down and slides it to Miren*

Kyubin: We don't allow lgbtq themes here. 

Miren: But didn't you release a bl webtoon two months ago? 

*Then Miren realizes what's going on*

Miren: I understand...sorry for wasting your time but you have a good day. 

*Miren leaves in pain as she bumps into someone and her webtoon book drops*

Yoon: Hey! You dropped your- 

Miren: Throw it out! 

*Miren leaves as Yoon picks it up and reads it but suddenly gets heart eyes*

*Then the next morning Miren wakes up with someone by her window and she runs away when she gets caught*

Miren: What the...don't let it be those trouble makers...

*Miren grunts and goes outside of her window but picks up a note*

Miren: There's nothing...why would someone give me a blank note? 

*Miren sees the girl hiding in a corner*

Miren: Hey! Come back here! Who am I running after? 

*Miren runs but loses her until she taps her shoulder and she hands her a card*

Sieun: Surprise! 

Miren: For what? I don't know you. 

Sieun: I'm your crush. 

Miren: What?! 

*Then Sumin comes in with sweets and runs to Miren*

Sumin: Chocolate for my bestie. How are you doing? Where is your jacket? It's cold out here. 

*Then Seeun runs with teary eyes and a cut on her hand*

Seeun: I have a papercut. Please give me a hug. 

*Then Yoon and Isa come in with their argument about wanting Miren*

*Then J comes in without saying anything but looks like she doesn't want to be here*

Isa: She's mine! 

Yoon: No, if she's yours then why do I have this book? 

Miren: My book! Why haven't you thrown it away yet? 

Yoon: It's too cute for me not to throw out. How can you be so creative in a story you wrote in less than three months? 

Sieun: No fair, let me read it. 

Yoon: No I have this book fair and square. I'm keeping it forever. 

*Then it starts an argument as Miren facepalms but J yells to get their attention*

J: Quiet! You can speak now. 

Miren: Oh...thanks. I promise to give you all a copy as long as you guys admit that you don't crush on me. You just think I resemble the main character of the book. 

Isa: It's true. The person is cute...your cute. But we rather have the real you. 

Miren: Trust me you don't. I'm super shy, clumsy, plus I keep secrets a lot because I get embarrassed easily. 

POV: Why the am I exposing myself like that? 

Sumin: You talk a lot for someone who's shy. Or should we give you cute compliments to make you not talk? 

*Miren tries not to smile and goes back to the point*

Miren: Back to what I was saying...I'm not the prince charming you think I am so Imma just...

*Miren runs back to her house and makes sure the window is closed and the curtains are covering the window, Miren sighs*

Miren: I need them to stop liking me, it's weird. Well...it's weird. PERIOD. 

*Then after Miren gets ready for school she opens the door and sees the girls*

Seeun: Surprise! 

Miren: This is going to be a long day...

*Then after class Miren doesn't see Seeun behind her until she giving her a tight hug*

Seeun: Your so squishable. Like a stress ball, I need to hug you every period. 

Miren: Sure...if you try not to fracture my ribs. 

Seeun: My bad. Are you okay? 

Miren: Yea, I'm fine. 

*Seeun looks the other way to see the girls as bends down a bit to help her pain*

Miren: Oh hello J. 

J: Come with me. 

Miren: Where? 

*Then J drags Miren by the wrist as Seeun skips, following them to the field with presents*

Sieun: Food and presents for our baby. We wanted to spoil you for once. 

Miren: Said the girl who put a hundred dollars in a card. 

Sieun: Well...this was Isa's idea of spoiling you. 

Miren: I won't give in unless everyone else has fancy food with me. You know I don't like accepting random gifts. 

Sumin: I bought some for everyone. 

*Sumin holds all the boxes of food to show to Miren as they eat*

Miren: Not going to lie it is delicious. I might to leave early, sorry guys. 

Yoon: Don't leave just yet, you need to run off the food you just ate. 

Miren: I will by walking to class. 

Isa: Let me walk you. 

Miren: But I don't think we same class together. 

Isa: But still I'll take you. So let's go I'll even hold your hand. 

*Then after school Miren then checks everything before leaving*

Miren: They're gone! Whew...

*Miren then walks but then goes to her favorite spot and they're there*

J: What took you so long? We were just about to find you. 

Miren: How did you find this place? I've seen no one actually find this place besides me. 

Yoon: We just needed a place to sit down and call you. Since your here sit with us. 

*Miren sits down but doesn't say anything yet*

Miren: I'm not going to say anything, before I let out a regretful phase or do something that might get me called cute. 

Sumin: Then we'll keep making sure you get called cute. 

*Sumin suddenly pinches Miren's cheek while doing a pikachu impression*

Sumin: Pikachu! 

Miren: That didn't make me smile, now my body is filled up by cringe. 

*Then Seeun hugs her and it makes Miren tummy fill up with butterflies*

Seeun: Is this doing the trick? Are you close to grinning? 

Miren: Not even close. Which is good because when I smile I look so ing goofy it's sad. 

*J smirks and kisses Miren's cheek and then it makes her smile*

Sieun: Your smiling! Your smile isn't goofy it's the cutest thing I've seen. 

Isa: How did you know a kiss was going to make her smile? 

J: Just found out from her old drafts. Do you know what else I found? 

Miren: J no! 

Yoon: What did you find? Tell us! 

J: Ah I don't know, Miren would be in deep trouble if the word got out about...

Miren: I'll give you anything! 

*J then steals Miren's candy bar*

Miren: So you won't tell? 

J: I still will but I wanted something to eat. 

Miren: Ah! J please don't tell them! 

J: Miren has...dimples. 

*Miren sighs in relief*

Yoon: We already know Miren's dimples are different on each cheek. Although I'm sad that you couldn't add it in the book. 

J: Plus Miren is ticklish. 

Isa: What?! You are? 

Miren: Yes...but don't do anything about it. Just be surprised and look at me without touching me. 

*They went silent as Sieun smiles*

Miren: Sieun...don't get any ideas. I'm not in the mood to be tickled and I won't be in the mood tomorrow as well. 

Yoon: Aw...

Seeun: But I'm still hugging you. 

Miren: Says the person who almost fell down the stairs this morning I don't think you should be talking. 

*Seeun gets flustered as Miren gets up*

Miren: Sorry...I'm just not used to this kind of nice treatment from pretty girls. I promise in the future I'll be more confident and actually show you how ticklish my tummy is DAMN IT! See you guys later. 

*Then tomorrow morning Miren sighs and smiles*

Miren: Maybe I should give them a chance. 

J: Let's go! 

*Miren comes out with the girls there smiling at her*

Miren: Good morning. 

Sumin: Morning. Ready for your daily gift from me, Sieun, and Isa? 

Miren: Yes. 

Isa: But first...close your eyes. 

*Miren closes her eyes as Sieun gives her the president and she opens her eyes*

Miren: You bought me more airpods?? Yay! 

Sieun: J heard you say that you lost one of them. So we bought them in hopes that we can get that...

*The girls wiggle their fingers as Miren blushes*

Miren: I guess you can...

Yoon: Great see you at that spot after school and don't run away or else we'll actually catch or. Or J will since she's the strongest. 

Miren: I promise I'll be there. 

Sieun: Alright then, let's get going. 

Seeun: Hold my hand Miren. 

Miren: Okay. 

*Then Miren holds Seeun's hand all the way to school as later Miren goes to the spot*

J: Oh you actually came, I thought you were going to bail again. 

Miren: No I kept my promise. But let's set some rules before we start. 

Yoon: Okay, we'll agree to them as long as we can see your tummy and we can all tickle it. 

Miren: Deal, but you can only tickle my tummy. No other spots. 

Yoon: Deal. 

*Miren slowly lowers herself to the ground as Seeun hugs her and blows on her ear*

Miren: Ah! Ah! I said the tummy! 

Seeun: But this is a small spot so it won't hurt you. 

🏵️