Prospect

Love Masquerade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi : “….meet me at the ‘Zeus’….”

Namjoon : “…will be there….”

 

The light silver haired man glanced at his watch and it’s almost 9pm. He did not feel easy because he can sense something just not right whenever Yoongi send a message like that. He grabbed his car keys and sped off to the bar mentioned. He arrived in less than 20minutes and looked ahead at the bar counter. A man sitting alone on one of the high stool with a bottle of strong alcohol. “…hey buddy!...”he tapped on the older’s shoulder. “…woah...woah…you don’t look good my friend…wanna talk about it?...” he said while pulling the stool next to him. The bartender placed another glass with ice cubes on the counter “..would like to order something else sir?...” “..no..I’m fine with this…” he responded while pouring the liquor for himself. “….I’ve been selfish to keep her with me while…I knew it all along….it will never work.…yet..I was giving her so much hope….”. The dark haired man filled up his glass and drank it slowly.

 

“…we’ve ended everything today..Joon…do you think it’s the right decision?....”. It hurt him to see his best friend looking so down and broken. “….sometimes…a good decision doesn’t mean you are winning…and a bad one too doesn’t mean you’re losing …it’s something that you have to face and accept it in good faith…”. Yoongi continuously sipping his alcohol. “…I’ve hurt her….an yet she didn’t say anything.…that’s what makes me really hate myself ....”. “…silence doesn’t mean she’s fine with it…she’s just being understanding and willing to put aside the feelings…more precise ….she doesn’t want to complicate things between you two….and your family…”. Yoongi shed a tear which he didn’t realise already rolling down his cheeks. “…Yoongi…you have to face the reality…no matter what your mother is more important because of her you exists…and Soomin knows this…a mother’s love is above everything….”. Yoongi wiped away his tears while gulping his drink in one shot. He felt like dying hearing Namjoon’s words but what he said was goddamn right. He hated it but it left him with no choice.

 

It’s been almost three days since the break up. Yoongi visited his mother everyday at the hospital. His mother looked much better and there were some colors on her face. “..how are you today …eommoni?...” he asked as he sat next to the bed. “…I’m much better…and will be going home today…”. “..I’m glad…eomma…don’t think of anything else..just concerntrate on your rest…..” Yoongi told his mother with a gentle smile planted on his lips. His mother stared at him curiously “….Yoongi…is everything alright with you?....” “..yes I am ..why are you asking?...” “….what happen to the girl?…I mean Park Soomin…did you….”. “…eomma…it’s over…let’s not talk about it anymore…you just focus on getting well.…” Yoongi simply answered with a straight face before she could finished her words. “….I’ll let Yoonna knows that you’re coming home today…she can come to pick you up…I have to go now…”. Yoongi leaned down to kiss his mother on the cheek “..I’ll see you…”. Mrs Min knew his son well. Yoongi was not as cheerful as he looked. But he’s the type keeping it to himself. The best way was just to let him be she thought.

 

Yoongi sat down in his car while closing his eyes for a while. He missed her and wonder what was she doing right now. Has she got over him already? She didn’t send any text messages nor she called. What an idiot he was, they already broke up and why was he still waiting for her to call him. He brought the engine to life and drove off to his studio.

 

Soomin as usual started her shift and busied herself with the chores at the café. She was quiet most of the time just keep on doing anything she can do. “…Soomin..you’ve been doing everything…go and take a rest….” The cafe owner told her. “…yes Mr Hwang!...in a minute…” Soomin quickly went back into the wash room to wash her hands. She went to the back taking her break while trying to eat her sandwich. The sandwich tasted like a cardboard to her right now. She just didn’t have the appetite. Her mind goes back to Yoongi and a sad tear rolled down her cheeks. She wiped it away then threw away the remaining of her sandwich into the bin. She stood up and went back into the café. “….Soomin…you look pale…are you alright?...” “..don’t worry Mr Hwang..I’m just tired…but I’m fine..”. “..okay..just take it easy..and take a rest anytime you want…we are not that busy anyway…” the middle aged man told her. Soomin nodded her head and went back to stand behind the counter.

 

“….noona!...I’m home…” Soomin was surprised to see Jimin walked in when she was in the middle of cooking some ramen. “..Jimin..ah..I didn’t know you’re coming home tonight…I would have cooked proper food…” “…it’s okay noona..I’m not hungry anyway…I just want to visit you..I’ll go back tomorrow…” Jimin took a sea in front of at the kitchen table. “….is everything okay with you?....” “….yeah…I’m fine…” Soomin answered not looking. She continuously looking at her ramen in the bowl. “..noona?...” her shoulder shook and she sniffed hard. Jimin quickly walked around the able and hugged his sister “….sshh..don’t cry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter