Chapter 9

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

The Throne Room...

It is the largest hall of Light World. The meeting is held every week and all the Officers must attend to discuss the problems. Then the Emperor will divide the tasks for them to solve these. If there is special occasion, the emergency meeting will hold.

Today, it is not the usual meeting day but the Emperor has asked every officer to come and they all are gathering here, waiting for her to arrive.

" I've heard that the traitor has come back."

A Male God named Kim Mingu said loudly. He is known as the Flowery God here as he is currently taking care of the Great Garden. It is obvious thet he doesn't want another Flowery God here.

Chaeyoung lowers her head and she is trying to hide behind her bestfriend as she can feel now that everyone's gaze are on her in secret or straightly. She is wearing her old Snowy white dress again like the old times.

" Huh, if the Emperor said Yes to this, I have to make sure something first."

He said as he is padding the Golden shovel which he hanged at his wristbelt. 

" Let him be. Don't listen to him."

Tzuyu whispers but it doesn't help Chaeyoung feeling weird. At that time, Emperor enters the hall and the whole hall becomes quiet and stays in silence as a respect.

Emperor does not wear any armor today. She is just wearing the Golden robe and tied her hair neatly on her head. She sits on the Throne and the hall starts filling with noises again.

" I have something to talk."

Emperor starts. The Gods are waiting for her to start and she waves her hand, signaling Chaeyeon and Hyewon to come to the front.

" This two Semi-Gods have finished their training and I gave the title of God to them today. They will be under The War God Chou Tzuyu as her assistants for a year. And they may proceed their own way after that."

" Thank you very much, Your Highness."

" And Chaeyoung."

The Emperor calls and Chaeyoung comes out from the crowd. The whispers from the crowd become louder and they even hear someone spitting. The Emperor sighs and she looks at Chaeyoung.

" I have heard that you did a great job at arresting the Tree Monster. Is it correct? "

" I- "

" Yes,Chaeyoung sambae-nim saved us."

" Yes, she did."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon quickly agree and they can feel that Kim Mingu is now glaring at them. The Emperor nods.

" This is pure bravery to attack the Nymphs with a stick and helped the innocent Human. I'll give you a reward. Extend your hand."

Chaeyoung gives her right hand on which the cursed bracelet is. The Emperor waves her hand and takes the letters on the skin back. Chaeyoung feels like a force starts circling inside her veins.

" Welcome back."

" Congratulations, Chaeng."

Tzuyu gladly said and she starts clapping, followed by Jihyo, Dahyun and others. Chaeyoung is happy yet sad at the same time. She bows at the Emperor and walks back to her place beside Tzuyu.

The Emperor then raises her hand and stops the noises as she has something more to say. The Gods become curious as it is not usual that the Emperor starts talking a topic.

" Today meeting is not about the rewards only. We have a problem now."

" What is it, Your Majesty? "

" Have you heard about the Destroyer? "

" The Destroyer? "

" Isn't it the thing that you won over, Your Majesty? "

Jihyo asks and the Emperor nods.

" Yes, I slayed it 1000 years ago but this year, it will rise again according to the Legends."

" Huh? "

The hall is filled with whispers more. They have heard about it but there is no one who have experienced about the Destroyer except the Emperor. They all become scared as well as excited because of the news.

The Emperor sighs and she continues.

" I think none of you know well about the Destoryer. He rises every 1000 year at the Bloody Moon night. He takes the Power of Light and Dark and he rises as the most powerful being in this 3 Realms. He will destroy everything he sees, he will kill everyone in his way. He will leave nothing but fear in this 3 Realms."

" Is there any way to stop him? "

" Yes, of course. The BloodyMoon Saber. He can be killed with the BloodyMoon Saber. The chosen warrior will hold the Saber and slay the Destory like the Legends said."

Everyone knows that Dahyun was already chosen as the warrior since the Day she has become the God. Her speciality is Sword and her ability are so unlimited that no one can divide which is body and which is sword when she is attacking.

" I have one question. What means he takes the Power of Light and Dark? "

" Indeed, I really don't know what it means. But I think it is something like taking the power of a God and a Demon Master."

" Oh."

Everyone becomes silent as it is scary to know that the Destroyer can follow any of them and get their power. Emperor sighs and she continues.

" I have a news that there is an unusual Power Source appeared at the West wing. I need an Officer to go and check. Who wants to go as a volunteer? "

No one answers. Well, after the Emperor has announced that the Destroyer can follow and kill them, who wants to go? But, a hand raises and everyone's eyes are on her.

" Chaeyoung? "

" I want to go."

" What? A traitor will go investigate? What a joke?! "

" Then, why you go instead, Kim Mingu-sshi? "

Kim Mingu said loudly and Tzuyu talks for her friend. Chaeyoung's face turns red but she tries to continue smiling.  She looks at the Emperor and confirms herself.

" I have been living in Human World for long enough so I can stay well. Plus, I think the Light World is still an unfamiliar place for me so it will be the best if I go."

The Emperor thinks for a minute and she nods.

" Alright. Then, I give an order to Son Chaeyoung to go and check the unusual Power Source at the West Wing. The meeting is over."

She said and she leaves the room. The Gods also leave one by one and there is only a few of them left in the hall. Tzuyu sighs and she pads on her friend's shoulder.

" I'm sorry."

" It's nothing. I'm used to it already."

" But Chaeng, if you really want to go, you should take some troops with you. What about Hyewon and Chaeyeon? You know them, right? "

" Nae, Sambae-nim. We are willing to go with you."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon said in unison but Chaeyoung shakes her head.

" Thank you but no need. i have been going alone for years and it is the best for me to work alone. Thank you."

" Alright. Alright."

" Ah, by the way, I have something to ask."

Chaeyoung suddenly said and they all look at her. She seems she is thinking of she should tell about it to them and she sighs.

" Do you know about the glowing butterflies? I have seen them a few times already. They seem to come to me but they did nothing."

" What did you say? "

" The glowing butterflies? "

The Gods look at each other and they seem like they are seeing a ghost in front of them. Chaeyoung becomes confused and she asks.

" Wae? Is this bad? "

" They are called Deathlyfly. Have you ever heard about them? "

Tzuyu asks and Chaeyoung innocently shakes her head. Well, it has been 100 years she lost connection with the Light World. How can she know these things. And she is also not the type of bookworms like her bestfriend. Tzuyu nods and she explains for her.

" I bet you have heard about the 4 Demon Kings of the Dark World. They are always 4. They are created with blood and lives. They have to kill enough to get this much power. If a new master occurs, one of them must die. And they rule the Dark World together."

" The first one is called Yuta, the Ocean Master. He lives far away in the Dark Water where the seven oceans meet. He usually doesn't come to the lands but he got his powers from killing many sea monsters. He loves to make holes in the ships and boats which do not respect him. They are destroyed in his hand like toys. Everyone is scared of him because he owns the Memory River in which all memories of the dead people are stored. He loves watching them whenever he is bored."

" He's a bully."

" Yes, exactly."

Tzuyu continues her explanation.

" The next one is the Hell Master Momo, the King of under world livings. She also doesn't come out from Hell as she is too busy with her daily duty of ruling the Hell. These two are living in their own places so they are not the problem until we go and mess with them."

" The third one is Shotaru, the Soul Master. We usually have to face with him because the monsters we are chasing are under his command. We tried to arrest them but he doesn't like it when we try to take his favourite ones. So, we usually run into him and have to talk a lot. He is a headache but luckily, he always avoid battles with Light World."

" So who dares to make battle with the Light World? "

" The Last one, the Nature Master, no one knows her name. Her origin is also unknown. She just appeared unlike the others. She didn't have any Monster kills like the others. But, instead, she challenged a lot of Gods with a bet."

" What? "

" She challenged a lot of Gods when she first appeared. I think it may be around a hundred of Gods. They all gave to agree her that they will let go of their God Powers if they lost to her. Well, who would be afraid of a Demon? All of them agree and fought with her but to their horror, they lost, one after another, and they all have to take the Sending Punishment as they had promised. And that's how she appeared. She was named as a Demon King not by killing the monsters but by winning over the Gods. That's why Gods do not like her."

" Hmm, that's weird. Why she has to do this? "

" I don't know either. It was occured about 300 years ago, and she has been disappeared since that time. She never came back to the Light World for challenges. I have found about her from the secret files in the Emperor's Library."

" Ahh, no wonder why I didn't know about this. This shameful history of Gods are kept in forbidden place."

They chuckle altogether. Tzuyu crosses her arms and she continues.

" But according to the records, she is wicked and up to no good. She always comes with the butterflies so she is called the Nature Master. And she is the type who likes to bully over others with her skills. Tell us in details what she has done to you."

Chaeyoung thinks about that night carefully.

" At that time, I was surrounded by the Nymphs and she suddenly appeared. She then covered my eyes and took me out from there. Then she left after scolding me for being stupid to get into the mess while I couldn't even protect myself."

" That's all? "

" That's all."

" It is weird. This is not her type."

Jihyo nods and she looks at Chaeyoung.

" I don't want to talk to you like this but Chaeyoung, you have to take extra care now. The Demon King is dangerous and we really don't know what she wants. And I think she will come back for you in the future."

Chaeyoung nods while she is pouting like a kid. Jihyo sighs.

" Always remember one thing. Do not trust her. And don't let her come near to you."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                          xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

They all come out from the meeting hall and Hyewon and Chaeyeon decide to send Chaeyoung off to the Human World together with Tzuyu. The Flowery God waves at them and she is about to go down when Chaeyeon said.

" Sambae-nim, can I see your weapon? "

Chaeyoung laughs but she seems she wants to try it too. She bites her lip and extends her hand for some degree, calling a branch falling nearby. The branch runs rowards her and Chaeyoung holds it with a grin.

She then tightens her grip around it and a couple of flowers start blooming on it like magic.

" Wowwwww, that's cool. Amazingg."

Chaeyoung is just laughing. Tzuyu takes something from the air and Chaeyoung widens her eyes in happiness when she sees her old bamboo helmet.

" Tzuyu-ah."

" I kept it for you."

" Wow, thank you."

Chaeyoung puts the bamboo helmet on her back and she smiles widely at them showing her dimple smile before she waves goodbye and disappears from their sight.

Tzuyu has works to do so she has to go back to her mansion while Hyewon and Chaeyeon ask her for the permission to go out. Then, the newly Gods walk to the Communication tower as Sakura asked them to visit.

" Congratulations!!!! "

As soon as they enter the tower, they hear a loud cheering for them and Sakura is waiting with a big smile on her face. She gives the bouquet to Chaeyeon and Minju gives the bouquet to Hyewon.

" Thank you, Kura-ah. We can't be here if you didn't help us."

" Arasso, Kang chan. Jjaeyeon, do you like the flowers? "

" Yeah, thank you."

Minju also smiles and she said congratulations too. Hyewon notices something from Minju which is moving and making sounds whenever Minju walks and she asks.

" You have a new bell ball."

" Ah, nae. This is my data collector. I can take out data from it with my mind and I can give you informations."

" Ahhhh, I got it."

Hyewon now knows how Minju is finding data for them. The Gods under them must find the informations and send them to her. She collects them in her bell and she can take out anything she wants when they want to know something.

" Nice tech."

Sakura tells everyone to go back to their works and she leads the two to her office to have a chat. But Chaeyeon quickly refuses.

" No, I can't stay too long. I have to go back and help Ms.Chou."

" But you just reach here."

" Yes, Chaeyeon-ah, why you want to go now? We are not that busy."

" Ummmm, I need to do something."

Chaeyeon said while she is scratching her head. She then smiles at them and leaves the tower. Hyewon shakes her head in disbelief.

" Aigoo, what a weirdo. May be she is thinking about Kwon Eunbi or something."

" Kwon Eunbi? She again? "

Sakura furrows her eyebrows and she asks Hyewon.

" Who is she? What she really is? "

" She is the victim girl of this case. And she is quite close to Chaeyeon. And Lee Chaeyeon can't stop worrying about her new friend as it seems. She even doesn't care about me."

" Is she beautiful? "

" Yes, she is. She is really beautiful. But I have no idea why her brain is not as big as her beauty. Haha."

" Oh."

Sakura's face becomes changes and she seems sad. Hyewon widens her eyes and she quickly corrects herself.

" No, it's not like this. She is just a clumsy bunny. Haha. Maja. She is a clumsy bunny. She is not that much beautiful, I mean you are more beautiful."

Hyewon tries to confort Sakura but the later sighs and she forces a smile.

" Thank you but Kang chan, I have no mood to talk now. Can you go home and take some rest instead? "

" Really? Do I need to go take the Medical Gods? "

" No need, I'll be fine. Please go home first."

" Alright. Call me if you are not feeling better."

" Imm."

Hyewon smiles at Sakura and she walks out from the Communication Tower. She suddenly remembers about the clumsy bunny she has met.

" Huh, how can she be beautiful? What have I said earlier? Haha. May be I was too happy and my brain is working in a reverse way. Haha. That is! "

Hyewon is talking to herself and she shakes her head while laughing at herself for her silly thoughts and she walks back to the Chou mansion.

Sakura is watching Hyewon's back but her mind is filled with something that Hyewon has said. The Human girl called Kwon Eunbi is beautiful and Chaeyeon is always worried about her?

Sakura bites her lip in answer. At that time, she feels that someone holds her hand and she looks at the blind girl who is holding her hand with both of her hands.

" Wae, Minju? "

" I think Chaeyeon is changing. She is not interested into you like before."

Minju said and Sakura frowns. Then she sighs and whispers.

" Yeah, she is. I don't know what to do now."

Minju smiles and she tries to comfort her friend.

" Don't worry too much. Don't you remember the Forbidden Rule? It is not allowed that the Human and the God can't be falling in love. Chaeyeon-sshi is a clever one. She will not do this kind of mistake."

" I don't know anything, Minju-ah."

Sakura said and she lets out a deep sigh hoping that all her worries will be gone away with it.