Chapter 18

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

Silence...

It is not a usual thing in the Light World that everything is in silence. It is a cheerful and happy world so it is strange to hear nothing.

The Darkness has gone but they all know that it is just temporary. Something bad has happened and they can only wait when the time has come, for now.

The funeral of the Emperor took place in silence and all the Gods have now united in the Throne room for the emergency meeting. Jihyo, the Princess is now standing in front of the Throne on which the Emperor robe has been placed.

" Princess Jihyo, it is the time now. Please wear the robe and take the throne."

One of the elder Gods said as it is the time for the coronation. Jihyo nods and she walks to the throne, taking the robe and wears it. All the Gods kneel down after she has sat on the Throne.

" May the Emperor long live and rule in peace."

Jihyo nods and she tells them to stand up before she starts the meeting.

" Well, many things happened. The destroyer is back but this time, he is with the strongest powers as he took the Power of  the Demon master and the Emperor as the Dark & Light forces. We have to make a proper plan for the battle."

" Is there any way to stop him? "

Tzuyu asks and Jihyo sighs.

" Indeed, I still don't know how to stop him in details. The Legends said that the Destroyer must be slayed with the BloodyMoon saber but I have heard that it must be charged with Power first before it is used. I think we need to find out how to charge it."

" I can take care of this mission. Please give me order, Emperor."

Tzuyu said and Jihyo nods.

" Alright, I order the War God Chou Tzuyu to find out how to charge the BloodyMoon Saber."

" And please let me be partner with Chaeyoung the Flowery God."

" There is only one Flowery God and it is me."

Suddenly, Kim Mingu said loudly as he is glaring at Chaeyoung. Then, he walks to the front and continues.

" Before taking the mission, I have a question. What were you doing yesterday at the Emperor's room? "

He asks and the Throne Room is filled with whispers. Kim Mingu smirks and he explains in details.

" Yesterday, I went to the Emperor to inform about the elves but I was told that Emperor is busy with the traitor. So, it means Son Chaeyoung is the last person to see the Emperor, right? "

" What are you trying to say? "

" You all should think about it. Son Chaeyoung was punished by the Emperor and she might be angry with her. And there is also a rumor that she has been too close to a Demon Master who loved to humiliate Gods. She was a traitor and will always be a traitor. Everything was ok before she came back yesterday. May be she is the spy from the Destroyer."

" No, why would I do this? I just informed her about the mission I went on. That's all."

Chaeyoung tries to explain but no one is listening to her now. They all are whispering and Tzuyu quickly said in cover for her friend.

" No, Emperor. Please think about it carefully. You know Chaeyoung too well. She will never do this."

" Emperor, you should better not involve feelings in your decisions."

Kim Mingu said and Jihyo is really confused now. She looks at Chaeyoung and sighs.

" Yes, before we can find proof, Chaeyoung is suspicious. You can't leave the Light World now. Take her to the South Wing. I'll let you go as soon as I can prove that you are innocent."

Chaeyoung lowers her head in loss of words. Tzuyu tries to complain but she quickly holds her arm.

" No, don't push the Emperor too much. She just took the Throne and a lot of pressures are on her shoulders."

" Arasso, I'll take you out as soon as possible."

" Imm."

Chaeyoung nods at her friend and the two guards walk to her. She sighs and walks out from the Throne room as the Gods make way for her like she is some kind of infectious creature. 

When she walks passed Kim Mingu, he splits on the ground and smirks. Chaeyoung just takes it silently as she was taken to the South Wing where the detention locked rooms exist. The Gods who are suspicious for a crime are all arrested in these rooms. 

" Emperor, can I take another mision of finding proofs of the late Emperor's murder? "

" Tzuyu-ah."

" Please. I can do it."

Jihyo sighs and she nods.

" Ok. You can."

" Thank you."

The rest of the meeting goes for long as Jihyo has many things to catch up. They discuss about many things and it has been almost noon when the meeting is over. Tzuyu has to go to the communication tower to take the mission orders and so Chaeyeon and Hyewon also have to follow.

The two noisy duo have been quiet the whole day and Tzuyu notices it. She takes a glance at them and she even sees the bruise on Hyewon's lips. 

" Did you two fight? "

" Nae? "

Hyewon and Chaeyeon look at each other. They immediately look away and Chaeyeon makes a fake cough while Hyewon said No or something. Tzuyu shakes her head but she said nothing as she has no mood to give lectures now.

They reach at the Communication tower and Minju comes out to greet them.

" Miss Chou, you are coming by yourself. Our Head wants to greet you in person but she is feeling sick so she told me to take care of you."

" Kura is sick? "

" Imm."

Minju answers and Hyewon takes a secret glance at Chaeyeon who is looking away and pretending like she doesn't hear a thing. Hmmm, did they fight, too? That Lee Chaeyeon is aggressive with everyone. Coward. Hyewon thinks and she frowns.

Minju helps them so it is only a minute long to take the orders. They come back from the communication tower and walk to the gate together. Tzuyu turns to them and she arches her eyebrows.

" What are you doing here? "

" We are going with you."

" No, no. I can take care of myself. I have a mission for you two."

Tzuyu said and the two assistant Gods nod.

" I think Kim Mingu is up to no good. I have a strong feeling that he will take advantage on Chaeng. Can you two guard her for me? I'll be back as soon as possible."

" Nae, we will. We like Chaeyoung sambae-nim, too. She helped us a lot."

" Yeah."

" Yah, don't follow my words."

" I can say what I want."

" Stop, stop. What's wrong with you two? "

Tzuyu glares at them but Hyewon and Chaeyeon are still glaring at each other. Tzuyu sighs and she shakes her head.

" Yah, stop fighting and stay good. Bye."

" Take care, Miss Chou."

Tzuyu nods and she left the Light World. She directly teleported to the hill where the murder took place. The place is as quiet as if there was no such kind of tragedy. Tzuyu sighs and she decides to look around first.

They have already searched for the clues here and found nothing but Tzuyu wanted to take another look first. May be they have missed something. 

" Boo-sama, please don't run away."

" Keke, Momoring, your dog is too funny."

Huh? Tzuyu hears some voices from the other side and she thinks it is somehow familiar. Tzuyu runs to there and she is surprised as she sees three beautiful women standing. One is red, the other is black while the last one is white.

" Sana unnie? "

" TzuTzu!! What are you doing here? "

Sana is surprised to see Tzuyu and she runs to Tzuyu. Tzuyu smiles at her but her eyes are glued on the other two who are also staring at her with suspicious eyes. Sana immediately realizes the tension and she pulls Tzuyu towards them.

" Come. I'll introduce you to my friends."

" Your friends? "

" Yes, this is Momoring and this is Mitang. Girls, this is TzuTzu I have been talking about."

Momoring? Mitang? The Hell master and the Nature master?

" Nice to meet you, officer."

The Bob hair-cut woman Momo said and Tzuyu bows as a greeting. The other one is just staring at her with her arms crossed. Tzuyu doesn't want to talk to them so she just shifts her attention back to Sana.

" What are you doing here, Sana unnie? "

" Ah, Momoring said that we have to find some clues here and so I ended up here though I know little things about investigating a murder. What about you? "

Tzuyu sighs and she looks at Sana.

" Chaeng got arrested again. The Gods think that she was suspicious and they forced the new Emperor to arrest her. So I need to find proof that she is innocent so that I can take her out."

" Chaeyoungie got what? "

Suddenly, a tiny voice appears and Tzuyu turns to look at the white pale lady. Though she is in white, it seems her black eyes are on fire. Tzuyu thinks that the rumors are really true. The Nature master is after Chaeyoung.

" Don't worry too much. She is just in the detention room. I have left my assistants to guard her so that no one can bully her."

Mina seems she is nervous. She closes her eyes and tries to call Chaeyoung from the telepathy circle but no one is answering. Sana holds Tzuyu's arm as Tzuyu lets out a deep sigh.

" You can't contact her. That rooms are made with no connection to the telepathy circle."

" Damn it. That's why I hate Gods."

Tzuyu looks at her in surprise as it seems she is too worried to stay calm. Mina bites her lips and she looks at them.

" I have to go now. Sorry, I can't help. Bye

" Take care, Mitang. Don't do stupid things."

Momo said and Boo barks as if he is also saying Bye. Mina turns into thousands of butterflies all of a sudden and she disappears from their sight. Tzuyu looks at the amazing glowing Deadlyflies and now she realizes that everything Chaeyoung said is true.

" TzuTzu, Mina is a good person. She really cares about our Chaeng."

Sana said and Tzuyu looks at her. Sana nods at her with a smile and Tzuyu smiles along. The two are now staring at each other and they realize that they have been separated for two days and how much they are missing to each other.

* Aham Aham Aham *

The two break their eye contact immediately when Momo makes a loud fake cough. They have forgotten about her.

" It's beautiful to watch a love story but we have works to do, remember? Officer, since you are here, I hope you will be more useful than this dumb."

Momo said and Sana pouts, making Tzuyu laughs at her cuteness. Then the three with a dog start searching that place for clues.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

 

" Chaeyoung sambae-nim."

" Oh, come in."

Chaeyeon and Hyewon peek inside the room and then they enter. The detention room is just as a normal room but they can feel that all of their energy are restricted here. Chaeyoung is sitting on the bed and reading a book when they come in and so the two sit on the seats.

" Did Tzuyu send you two? "

" Yes, she was worried about you so she made us to watch over you."

" Aigoo, this girl wanted to babysit me."

Chaeyoung said and she shakes her head. She then looks at the two in front who are refusing to look at each other and she notices something.

" Did you guys fight? "

The two do not answer and Chaeyoung laughs.

" Yah, it's normal for friends to fight. Just fight as you want. But you have to make up with each other after that. You know, friendship is the most important bond in this 3 Realms."

Chaeyoung said and the two assistant Gods peek at each other. They are caught by themselves and immediately look away, making Chaeyoung laugh.

" You two are funny."

Hyewon pouts and Chaeyeon gives a side glare at her. Chaeyoung lies down on the bed and she said.

" Well, I'm quite fine here. You can go if you want."

" No, Miss Chou told us to stay with you. We have to take care of you."

" No need. I can- what is it? "

Suddenly, the room is shaking and the three of them stand up in surprise. They have heard that these rooms are protected with strong spells so nothing can make damage to them. 

While they are figuring out what is happening, something appears on the wall in front of them and a glowing butterfly runs into the room.

" Huh? "

Chaeyoung is surprised but the butterfly lands on her shoulder. Hyewon takes out her swords and Chaeyeon also picks up her bow and arrow as they can feel the cold wind entering the room from the hole that has made just now.

" It is a portal. How someone can make a direct portal into the Light World? "

Before they can think further, a white figure appears in the dark road which has been connected with the portal to the room. That person becomes nearer and Chaeyoung widens her eyes.

" Minari?! "

" Hey, Chaeyoungie."

Mina greets her with her usual Gummy smile as she stops at the portal. She then extends her hand for Chaeyoung.

" Come. Let's go."

" I- "

Chaeyoung can't answer Mina notices that there are Hyewon and Chaeyeon who are ready to fight her. She arches her eyebrows.

" Should I - "

" No, no, no. They are my friends."

" Chaeyoung sambae, you can't go. You will be a criminal if you leave."

" I know."

" I can't let you stay here arrested by the group of fools."

Mina said firmly and she extends her hand more. Chaeyoung doesn't know what to do and Mina seems she becomes inpatient. Her face changes and she makes something which makes Chaeyoung to be pulled into her hand.

Mina grabs Chaeyoung's wrist and she smirks.

" Chaeyoung sambae!!! "

" Take that butterfly I left and tell everyone that the Nature Master has kidnapped the Flowery God. This is your job. Do as I said if you don't want to die young."

Mina said in a cold low tone and she pulls Chaeyoung more, making her fall from the portal to the dark road. Hyewon and Chaeyeon widen their eyes and they are about to follow them but the portal closes back like there was nothing.

Everything happened in a flash and the two assistants do not know what to do. They notice that the glowing butterfly is silently resting on the table now as a symbol of the Nature Master.

They look at each other in terror as they know they have messed up now.

" Damn."

" We are dead."