Chapter 4

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

It has been three weeks already and the two Semi-Gods friends are still stuck at their task. There is no clue. There is no abnormal thing. There is even no sign of evil power in the school area. They even wonder if they had been pranked by someone with a groundless letter.

Today, the top student who will be the No.1 student of the year will be announced and so everyone in the school is excited except Hyewon and Chaeyeon as they both exactly know that their names will not be on the list.

" This is our last clue. We have to take a look on the top student."

" Immm."

The two semi-gods are sitting in the canteen and eating their breakfast. They are too lazy to go and wait at the board so they just decided to sit here and ask someone about the No.1 student.

" Yah, Hyewon-ah, there is your roommate, Jo Yuri. Call her and ask her."

" Ahh, I don't want to."

" Wae? You two seem ok."

" Geez."

Hyewon rolls her eyes. But she has work to do so she just decided to ask Yuri about the top student.

" Jo Yul!! "

" Kwangbae!! "

Yuri seems happy to see Hyewon. She runs to them and smiles widely at them. Huh, this human seems to be friendly with Hyewon. And our little God is raising her guard, making things difficult. Chaeyeon thinks and she shakes her head.

" Yah, who is the top student this year? "

" Huh? Are you that dumb? Everyone knows who it will be from the start of the year."

" Ummm? "

Hyewon and Chaeyeon look at each other as it is the brand new fact for them. Who? They have no idea. Hyewon tries to laugh and she asks again.

" Aigoo, our Jo Yul is really lovely. Tell me who it is."

Yuri frowns and she crosses her arms. Then she points at Chaeyeon with her chin.

" Her roommate. Kwon Eunbi, of course. She is the best student after all. Who can beat her? "

" What? Kwon Eunbi? "

Yuri is surprised by their response but the two Semi-gods have no time to talk with her. They have to find Eunbi and confirm something.

" Let's go."

The two suddenly stand up and they run to the place where Eunbi is supposed to be attending classes. But to their horror, there is no Eunbi so they run back to their dorm. They directly go to Chaeyeon's room but there is still no sign of Eunbi.

" What the- Where is she now? "

" Did she tell you something strange before? "

Hyewon asks and Chaeyeon shakes her head.

" No, she is just studying all the time."

Hyewon puts her hands on her waist and she becomes furious now.

" Aish, today, she becomes the No.1 student officially. May be the demon start a move today."

" Yeah, that's why I become worried. She has been missing the whole day."

" What do we do? "

The two Semi-gods look at each other and they are thinking of what to do. They walk around the school compound and search for Eunbi but she has nowhere to be found. And it became 7PM already.

" Yah, the night has come. The dark forces will be powerful. I think she is in danger."

" Let's transform."

Hyewon said and Chaeyeon nods. They can't search Eunbi with normal human form so they change back to their God-self. The faint glowing light from the bodies light up the dark surrounding.

" I'll go from this. You go from that. We will check the whole school compound and meet again here."

" Got it."

Hyewon runs to the way she is going while her eyes are busy scanning the whole area. There is no student left on the roads. Even if they are here, they cannot see them as they have used their invisible spell already.

" Huh."

" Kekeekekke. Come here, chingu-ah."

Hyewon clearly hears a girl's voice. But it is not a normal human voice. It is a little cracked and echoing in her eardrums. And she exactly knows that the voice is not calling her. It is calling Kwon Eunbi.

" Kwon Eunbi."

Hyewon thinks and she runs to the direction that the voice came. She suddenly notices a dark narrow path beside the main road all of a sudden. Oh, it was not seen when it was daytime. Ahhh, a Demon's trap.

Hyewon knows that the thing they are facing is not an easy one. She takes out her swords and be ready to fight as she starts walking along the path. It takes her to an old building which is standing alone in the dark.

There is a big tree nearby and Hyewon can feel that something is definitely wrong with this place. The breeze around hears seemed carrying a giggling voice of a playful girl.

Hyewon widens her eyes when she sees a figure standing in front of the building and staring at it like a soulless person. That short legs, she is the clumsy bunny. Kwon Eunbi.

As Hyewon is watching, Eunbi is now making a step towards the building.

" No, Kwon Eunbi, stop!!!!! "

Hyewon shouts and she runs to there, pulling Eunbi back to her. She turns around Eunbi's body and the shorter girl looks at her with blank eyes. Damn, she is under some control.

" Kwon Eunbi, be careful."

Hyewon shouts and she flicks Eunbi's forehead with some God power. The shorter girl blinks twice and she looks at Hyewon with confused look.

" What are you- where are we? "

" This is the question I want to ask. What are you doing here? "

Hyewon said and Eunbi furrows her eyebrows.

" I don't know. I was walking back to the class from the library and I heard a voice calling me. I followed it and ended up here. I wanted to go inside as she kept calling me. I think she needed help."

" Are you crazy?? Why you have to follow a mystery voice? It can kill you, you know? You should tell someone first!!!! "

" How can I know? And I can't control myself either!!! "

Hyewon suddenly shouts and Eunbi shouts at her back.

" Yah, Hyewon-ah, don't shout."

At that time, Chaeyeon who also heard the voice reaches to them and she pulls Eunbi back to her, taking her place in between Hyewon and Eunbi. The shorter bunny girl is now with teary eyes and she is looking at them in confusion.

" Wait, can someone explain me what is happening? And why you two are wearing like this? And the weapons, what are these? "

She asks too many questions and Hyewon covers her face in frustration. They have done too many mistakes. Now, a human saw their true forms. But Chaeyeon is more calm than her. She hugs Eunbi by her shoulder and said.

" I'll explain you everything at dorm. But let's go back first. This place is not safe for you."

Eunbi hesitates at first but she nods at the end and Chaeyeon looks at Hyewon.

" I'm sorry but can you look around by yourself? I will send her dorm first."

" Go. I'm fine."

Hyewon said and Chaeyeon nods at her before she takes Eunbi back to their room. She has been holding Eunbi's shoulder the whole time and the human girl is leaning on her as a weak one she is.

Hyewon doesn't know what makes her angry but she is just angry right now. And she feels bad for Eunbi too. She shouldn't shout at her. This is not her fault. 

What is done has done. I'll make up with her after this. I need to find the clue first. Hyewon thinks.

She sighs and decides to do her job. She makes ready for her swords and slowly enters the building.

" Dusty."

Hyewon frowns as soon as she enters the building. There is really nothing inside. All the furnitures are broken and covered with dust. There is no footprints on the floor which means there is no one inside. Hyewon notices a stairs and she looks up the upstairs.

Her God-body is glowing in the dark and she needs no more light to see. She notices that there are small plants growing on each staircase so she touches the leaves with her sword. Hmmm, normal.

The upstairs is exactly the same as the downstairs. There is no sign of evil or demon and there is no clue either. Hyewon sighs and she decides to go out first as she has been smelling the dust for minutes.

" What did you find, officer? "

Suddenly, as soon as she reaches outside, she hears a voice and Hyewon is ready to fight but she sighs in relief when she finds out that it is just Yin-Yang. The two are now wearing tracksuits like they are doing some exercises and waiting for her.

" No clue."

" This is strange."

" Yeah."

Hyewon answers. The Yin-Yang jogs to her in the most annoying way and she puts her hand on Hyewon's shoulder.

" Let me give an advice. You can call me Nayeon, by the way. Kekeke. Hyewonnie, what about using a bait??? Hmmm? "

" Bait? "

Hyewon is confused. She shakes her head and refuses the idea immediately.

" No way. We can't use a human as a bait to find that Demon. This is too dangerous."

" Hmmm, we are not talking about using a human Bait."

Jeongyeon butts in the conversation.

" We are using a God bait."

" No, demon knows our Light. They will not come out."

Hyewon said and Nayeon smiles devilishly.

" But we have a God who has no God-light. The only thing you have to do is say yes and accept our help. We will tell her about this game."

" Who is that god of yours? We can't just use a random local god. If the demon is too powerful, he can be dead."

" Oh, don't worry, she won't."

Jeongyeon said like it is nothing.

" She can handle things by herself."

Hyewon becomes super curious with that God. Who the hell they are referring to. She looks at Yin-Yang with questionning eyes and they both said in unison making Hyewon widens her eyes into double.

" The Flowery God."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon becomes worried that Hyewon has not connected her yet. She tries to call her but she receives no answer. She thinks of telling the Communication Tower but she will need to explain more so she just decides to wait for Hyewon.

She still doesn't want to tell the Light World that they have let the human know their identity. To talk about the human, she told Eunbi everything. At first, she was confused and thought that Chaeyeon was making a prank but she finally accepted it at the end.

Chaeyeon made sure that Eunbi ate her dinner than she made her fall asleep. She is now lying on her own bed and taking cautious about their surrounding as anything can happen to them.

Suddenly, she hears a sound and her hand moves to the arrow that she has placed beside her. This is a light footstep and the next thing she knows is that someone is tugging her sleeve.

" Chaeyeon-ah."

Chaeyeon sits up on her bed and she switches on the light with her mind. Eunbi is surprised but she said nothing. She is wearing her bunny pajama, hugging her pillow, and standing beside Chaeyeon's bed with her piglet plushie which makes her looking alike a child.

" Waeyo? Did you hear the voice again? "

Chaeyeon asks worriedly and Eunbi shakes her head. She is just holding her pillow tight making Chaeyeon feel sorry for her.

" The song she murmuring has been playing in my head and I can't fall asleep. Can I- can I- "

" Come here."

Chaeyeon moves to the side and she lets Eunbi to take the wall side so that Eunbi will not sleepwalk and follow the voice. Eunbi seems she is relieved now.

" Thank you."

She whispers and she moves closer to Chaeyeon. The bed is not that big so their bodies are so close to each other and it seems Eunbi is lying inside Chaeyeon's embrace. The only thing between them is the small piglet.

What am I thinking? I am God and she is Human. We are not the same. Don't be stupid, Chaeyeon-ah. Chaeyeon is talking to herself and she is trying her best not to touch Eunbi body. As she is watching, Eunbi's breathing become shallow and slow as she has fallen asleep.

Chaeyeon sighs in relief. She is about to get out from the bed and calls Hyewon again when Eunbi pulls her shirt back in her sleep. Her eyebrows are arching and she is saying something but Chaeyeon can't understand.

" No, no, let me go."

Eunbi is sleeptalking now. She seems she is having a nightmare. Chaeyeon doesn't think much and she quickly hugs Eunbi, trying to calm her down.

" I'm here. I'm here. Don't be scared. I'm here."

She doesn't remember how many times she has said these words but she keeps saying it and trying to comfort Eunbi. The smaller girl becomes back to her sleep peacefully again but Chaeyeon realizes that something is wrong.

" What? "

Chaeyeon widens her eyes when she notices that it is her heart beating too fast and too loud. She doesn't know what is happening to her. She looks down at the sleeping girl's face in her arms.

" What I am thinking, Lee Chayeon? What I am thinking? "

Poor Chaeyeon can only pray that Hyewon will be here soon. If not, she may wake the sleeping girl up with her loud heartbeat.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                        xxx

 

 



 

Hyewon looks up the huge Board of the Bar's name and she looks at the Yin-Yang again with 'Are you kidding me' look.

" What? "

" How can a God be here?"

Hyewon said and Nayeon and Jeongyeon laugh out loud.

" Yah, kid, you think she will be at a temple doing meditation or something???? LOL."

" Move if you guys are making prank on me. I have no time for this. I'm not even here if it is not for Kwon Eunbi."

Hyewon said it with no intention and she is surprised by her words also. For Kwon Eunbi? She thinks. Well, she shouted her for nothing and the poor little human girl cried because of this. That's why she is feeling guilty and wants to protect her. That's all. Hyewon makes a conclusion by herself and she nods in agreememnt to her inner mind.

While she is thinking why Yin-Yang changed their identity to a high-class couple, they force her to enter the nasty bar and Hyewon sniffs her nose immediately as soon as she makes her way inside.

" What a shameless place it is! "

Hyewon said loudly but lucky to her, no one is paying attention to a colleague girl so they don't hear clearly what she has said. But Hyewon on the other hand is really thinking that Yin-Yang has been lying to her.

But they take her to the backdoor, on the way Hyewon is covering her eyes with her palm all the time, and there is a tiny figure, putting the trashes to the trash-bin. She is wearing a white shirt, a black denim, her blonde hair is like noodle.

" Chaeyoung-ah."

Hyewon remebers the name of the Flowery God. It is the same name but the person is total opposite to the drawing they have seen many times in the books. Yes, she is tiny. She is holding a tree branch too but she is now using it to push the trash. And there is no her signature bamboo helmet.

But she is sure that this is a God. She can feel it. What has happened to her?

" Why you again? "

Son Chaeyeoung said in annoyance to see Yin-Yang and the two pout. Hyewon wants to laugh as she feels like she has something in common with the senior god. Jeongyeon walks to Chaeyoung and she hugs her by her shoulder.

" We found a nice suitable job for you."

" Ahh, please. Not again."

" Yah, Son Chaeyoung, Appa and Omma are trying to make you rise again. Just follow our steps and say yes."

Nayeon scolds and Chaeyoung notices Hyewon's presence now. She takes a glance at Hyewon and raises her eyebrows.

" What a Semi-god is doing in front of me? "

" Ummm, I think I need some help."

Hyewon said with a low tone. Yin-Yang notice her nervousness and they explain everything for Hyewon. Chaeyoung shakes her head immediately at the end.

" No way. I have no power to protect myself. I can't help you."

" Yah~~ Chaeyoung-ah, you shouldn't say like this. Look at your junior's poor face. She has been stressing out because of this case."

" But- "

" I'm sure you will get a lot of Good Deeds if you help them. Helping to catch a Demon by offering your own body. Wow, This worths more than the Good Deeds you need."

" Yes, I bet you will reach back to the Light World in one swift motion."

" Really? Can I? "

Chaeyoung seems she is confused. Nayeon and Jeongyeon nod numerously and they are telling Chaeyoung how much Good Deeds she will get after the case. Hyewon even wonders why the two are more active than herself. Finally, Chaeyoung sighs and she nods.

" Alright. I'll help you. Tell me when you want to catch that demon."

" Thank you, sambae-nim."

Hyewon said and bows at the infamous Flowery God. Chaeyoung just laughs at her.

" If you are really thankful, don't tell anyone that the Flowery God is cleaning the trash everyday."

Hyewon nods her head with close shut. Chaeyoung said she has to go back to work and goes inside, leaving Hyewon alone with the Yin-Yang again.

Nayeon pads her back in a teasing way.

" I told you to take our help from the start."

" Why you are helping us? "

Hyewon asks. They are really untrustable, she knows. And she has to find out the truth that why they are helping her. But Jeongyeon just pulls her partner's back and she smirks.

" Yes, you are right. We don't help people for nothing. We have to make things balance. And of course, this is just the part of our plan. Our plan for our Flowery God."

" And don't worry, you all are safe. Plus there is no trick or trap in this plan. We are as innocent as a newborn. Kekekeke."

" Bye."

And the two disappear in front of her with a Poof sound, leaving Hyewon alone in the cold narrow dark street with too many questions in her head.