Chapter 8

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

" Ahh."

Hyewon falls down on the ground and she frowns. Though her body is not easily breakable, she thinks that her ribs are broken now by the fall.

She is on the ground for a good three seconds and she remembers that she is in the middle of the mission. She jumps up on her feet and looks around to find her friend.

" Chaeyeon-ah? "

" I'm fine."

Hyewon hears a voice not from too far and she sees that the God Flame appears on Chaeyeon's palm, lighting the room. Hyewon also opens her palm and creats another Flame on it, helping to light up the room more.

" Where are we? "

They look up and they see no hole above their head. The ceiling was an old one which seems it can drop down upon them in any minute but there is no recent destruction sign.

They look at each other and they remember that the demon is too tricky.

" It looks like a basement."

" This way."

Chaeyeon leads the way as Hyewon has to cover both of them with her swords. They walk along the narrow corrdor and when they turn around the corner, they are surprised to see book shelves in front of them.

" We are in the library."

" Why? Why he wanted us to be here? "

" I don't know. Let's search for some clues."

They divide their ways and randomly check the books on the shelves. These are not current library and books. It was the old library that the school once had.

" Let's check these yearly books. The missing cases start 30 years ago. Let's start from 1990."

" Alright."

The two search for any clue but they are not lucky yet. As time passes, Chaeyeon becomes worried for Eunbi more. Hyewon is flipping the books on the table and she suddenly remebers one thing.

" Wait. Chaeyeon-ah, they said the missing started 30 years ago."

" Yeah? "

" So, what if the culprit is not from 1990. May be he is older than them."

" This makes sense."

Hyewon puts her index and middle fingers on her temple, connecting to the telepathy circle of Communication Tower.

" Minju-sshi, are you there? "

" Hyewon-sshi, what can I help you? "

" Can you find some data for us? I wanna know that if there was a case of missing ahead of 30 years in this university."

" Please wait a minute."

Hyewon wonders how Minju can find things though she is blind. She wants to ask but it will be rude to ask this kind of question so she just decided to shut up. Chaeyeon becomes more reckless and she keeps flipping pages without any reason.

" Hyewon-sshi."

" Nae."

" There was no such kind of missing cases but there was a suicide."

" Suicide? "

" Yes, there was a girl named Hwang Jungah. She was the top student of the University and she was about to graduate soon. But before her graduation night, she committed suicide by jumping down from the window, no one knows why. It happened in 1989.

" Huh. I got it."

" Yes? "

Hyewon flips the pages from the files and she takes out a paper before she shows it to Chaeyeon.

" See, this is her."

" Oh."

The photo was too blurry now. But they can still recognize her face.

" Who got the 1st place this year? "

" Please wait. Ahh, I found it. A girl named Kwon Nabi. Oh, they were also roommates."

" I got it. I got it now."

Hyewon knocks the paper with her fingers and she said.

" She might die because of someone. This is obviously not a suicide. That's why her soul has been in anger. And she turned into a demon after she had died and she may have been killing the #1 students."

" This makes sense."

" Minju-sshi, since she has been flaming with anger, her power will be strong. Can you please report to our teacher so that she can make some plans."

" Alright. I'll take care of it."

" Thank you."

Hyewon disconnects the connection and Chaeyeon looks at her. 

" So, what do we do before they come to help."

" Let's go save Kwon Eunbi."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                       xxx

 

 

 

 

Eunbi doesn't dare to look at her own feet which are now buried in the ground. Her feet can't move and she is standing like a tree in the room. The women are gathering around her and they are talking about they are having a rival now and how they will divide to have fun with these Gods. Their words are too dirty so Eunbi's face is red like tomatoes.

" Kwon Eunbi."

At that time, a voice appears from the door and Hyewon and Chaeyeon appear. The Nymphs are giggling and their eyes are twinkling with lights as soon as they see their prays.

Chaeyeon takes a glance at them and she whispers.

" There are only 6. I heard that they are 8, right? "

" May be Chaeyoung Sambae killed them."

" Ah, maja."

" Yah, stop talking by yourselves. Come and play with unnies."

" In your dream."

The two Semi-gods have covered their nose and mouth with a mask they made with their belt and the toxic gases released from the Nymphs are not working on them. The Nymphs know that they are about to fight so they also take out their roots and they start fighting.

The battle is scary and they have no mercy to each other so Eunbi has to close her eyes. The two Gods are flying in the air, avoiding the attacks from the Nymphs and they fight back them when they get a chance.

" Hwang Jungah. We know it's you. Come out and show yourself."

Hyewon shouts and her voice echos in the building. Chaeyeon takes out two arrows and she shoots it at the last two of the Nymphs, taking them down on the floor. Now, all the plants are dead by the God weapons and their souls were sent to Hell.

" Eunbi-ah."

Chaeyeon runs and she helps Eunbi to get out from the floor  by digging on the floor. She then helps her to come out from it. Eunbi is too scared and she hugs Chaeyeon tight. Chaeyeon pads her back as a comfort.

* step step step *

Suddenly, they hear a sound and they look at each other. Chaeyeon pushes Eunbi to the back and she moves a step to stand beside Hyewon. The footstep seem to be so heavy and they can't think of how a girl can this much heavy.

" Hehehehehhehehhehhe."

The giggling is scary and the three of them feel their goosebumps. It is coming from all the directions and the two Semi-Gods look around and try to locate the Demon.

" Careful."

Chaeyeon hears the wind sound and she pushes Hyewon to the side, there is a root striking to the floor at the place where Hyewon was standing before. They look at the direction and their eyes widen when they see the figure clearly.

" Huh? That is- "

They can't clearly see her face. Her long black hair is covering her face till it reaches to her chest. Her lower body is combined with tree and her legs are turning into roots. That's why she is heavy and she can send the roots to them to attack.

" Stop now, Hwang Jungah. It's time to regret now."

Hyewon said while she is circling the swords in her hands. Chaeyeon is taking glances at her with eagle-sharp eyes and she puts three arrows on the bow and prepares ready to shoot.

"  We understand how you feel. You are angry for what your friend did, right? But anger is not the answer. It will push you into the dark more."

" You know nothing, you stupdi Gods."

" No, Hwang Jungah, we know. We have already known that your friend, Kwon Nabi killed you by pushing you off from the window, right? "

" Stop saying that name!!!!!!!!! "

She shouts and throws her roots to them angrily. Hyewon and Chaeyeon have to jump back and avoid her attack but the tree monster is moving her roots and taking aims at them to kill in one shot.

" But Hwang Jungah- "

" I am not that !!!! "

" Huh? "

Finally, she shouted and Hyewon and Chaeyeon widen their eyes. They look at each other and then to the tree monster. The monster laughs.

" Yes, Jungah was a very clever girl. She is so popular and everybody loved her. No one saw me because her shadow has been on my life all the time. I had to get rid of her. But- but- "

The tree monster seems she becomes too crazy. She raises her face and moves closer to them. The moonlight coming into the building from the opened window falls onto her and they can see that her eyes are twinkling with craziness.

" But that really didn't die. She called me everytime since I pushed her off and I'm so sick of this. Finally, I couldn't hold it so I came back here one day to meet her."

Her voice becomes shaken. Hyeowon and Chaeyeon looks at each other as they can see that this monster is a psycho. She has been suffering mental health problems.

" I couldn't stand the call and I hanged on the tree in front of that building. But- but you can see what she has done to me. She turned me into this. I- I didn't die and instead I became- I became a tree."

" Huh? You- you are- "

" Kwon Nabi."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon said in unison and the monster laughs like dry wind from the desert. 

" Yes. I wanted to take #1, only for once is enough. But- I was never happy even if I got it. I really didn't win over her. She kept finding me and whispering into my ears all the time, and finally she turned me into this."

She said and covers her face with her palms. Hyewon and Chaeyeon even wonder that she is crying. But the monster suddenly growls and she glares at them.

" That's why I caught all the #1 girls from the University. I didn't want to see them get #1 that I couldn't get. I took them and turn them into someone like me too."

" But they are not your friend, Hwang Jungah. What is your point to disturb the innocents? "

" They are not innocent!! Taking No.1 from others is already the sin!! They must be destoryed."

She shouts and throws the roots towards them. Hyewon and Chaeyeon have to jump away to the each corner of the room. Chaeyeon throws three arrows while jumping and they get shot onto her trunk. But it seems they are not helpful.

Hyewon bites her lip and she jumps towards the monster and start cutting down the roots but to her horror, the roots start growing out again in a very quick way.

" Damn."

" Hyewon-ah!! "

The monster grabs Hyewon by her neck with one of the roots and she pulls up Hyewon in the air to face her. Hyewon  becomes suffocated and her hands tries to remove the root from her neck as it becomes tighter more and more. 

Chaeyeon tries to run to her friend and help her but another root appears from the back and it hits her hard on her abdomen, sending her to the floor.

" Hahahhahhahahhahhaha. I have never had God plants. This will be really interesting."

She said and the roots starts pulling Chaeyeon's leg to the floor while she keeps holding Hyewon by her neck.

* thunder striking *

" Ahhhhhh."

Suddenly, a lightening runs inside the room by the window and the root is cut off from the trunk, letting Hyewon go. Hyewon takes the chance and she quickly jumps towards the monster cutting the tree trunk with one swift slice, diving the tree into two.

" How dare- "

" It's over, Kwon Nabi."

" Princess."

Hyewon bows the God who has entered the room by the window but Jihyo waves her hand as a signal to do her job. Hyewon takes out the Heaven rope and she ties it around the Monster's arms before her roots will not grow out again. The monster is bitting her lips and she is shouting rubbish.

" Her anger level is too high. We have to take her to the prison first before she can get run away."

Jihyo said and she waves her hand, signaling two Guards behind her to take the monster from there. The Princess turns to them and said..

" When Minju informed us about the monster, I thought I should come by myself to control it as it is a strong one. But your sword did a great job."

" Thank you."

" Are there anything left? "

" Nae, Princess, there are two Nymphs left in the school."

" I'll go check it first. Release the spell here."

" Nae, I understand."

Hyewon said as she bows at the Elder. Jihyo jumps out from the window to detect any sign of the Nymphs and she disappears in the dark. Chaeyeon slowly gets up from the floor and Hyewon helps her to stand on her feet.

" You alright? "

" Yeah, what about Kwon Eunbi? "

" She is fine, she- huh? Where is she? Where did she go? "

Hyewon widens her eyes and Chaeyeon turns around quickly to search for Eunbi's sign. There is nothing. At that time, Chaeyeon's phone vibrates and Chaeyeon takes it out to check.

" It's a message."

Chaeyeon taps the device and reads the content together with Hyewon.

" Chaeyeon-ah, I was scared and ran out from the building. Now, I am going back to my home. I don't dare to stay in that school anymore. Thanks for everything."

Chaeyeon sighs in relief.

" Glad that she is ok."

" What the hell! We still didn't put the Amnesia spell on her. She will remember everything. It is not good."

Hyewon said and she turns back, making Chaeyeon surprised.

" Where are you going? "

" Of course, I'll go find her house and make her forget about us."

" No!!!! "

Chaeyeon is surprised by herself that she shouted actually. Hyewon is also taken aback and she looks at her partner in confusion. Chaeyeon tries to smile and she said.

" Actually, we don't need to do this. We will be punished if they find out that we have lost her before we can put Amnesia spell on her. Plus we have never informed that Eunbi knew our identity. If they knew about this, we will not pass the test. Let's forget about it like nothing happened."

" But- "

" Trust me."

Chaeyeon said and she pads her friend's back. Well, indeed she doesn't want Eunbi forget about her. She wanted Eunbi remember about her though they can't meet again.

" Alright."

Hyewon finally said. Chaeyeon smiles widely and she hugs her friend by the shoulder. Hyewon also smiles and they follow to the direction where Jihyo has run to catch the lost Nymphs.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

Let's go back to 3 hours before...

Yin-Yang put Chaeyoung on the road in front of the dorm and Chaeyoung whispers thank you to them before she walks to the dorm to call Hyewon to come down to pick her up.

" Yah, are you sure Chaeng will be ok? "

Nayeon smirks and she slaps on Jeongyeon's arm hard.

" Don't worry. She can handle this. Let's go. We have our job."

" Imm."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon teleport themselves into a forest and they are now searching for something in there.

" Here. I found one!! "

Jeongyeon happily shouts and she shows Nayeon a glowing butterfly on her index finger. Nayeon claps in excitement.

" This is really the Deathlyfly of Nature Master. Look at her wings. They are glowing."

" Ok, let's send the message."

Jeongyeon said and she whispers something to the butterfly. The butterfly seems to understand what Jeongyeon has said, it flies in a circle on their head before it flies away. Nayeon smirks in victory.

" Now, let's see the rest of the movie on the Projector."

The busy Yin-Yang duo teleport back to the school and this time, they take their place on the top of the biggest tree from which they can clearly see the inside of the building.

They have been watching Hyewon and Chaeyoung surrounded by the women. And Nayeon is trying to cover Jeongyeon's eyes with her palms.

" What the hell!! "

" Don't look at them. They are !! "

" So what? I know they are monsters. Just worried about our Chaeng."

Jeongyeon said. She feels worried for her little friend and she is about to jump to them and help her when a glowing butterfly runs inside.

" She is coming!! "

Nayeon excitingly said as someone who is wearing a long white dress flies inside the room by the opened window. She is not flying. She is walking on the butterflies which makes a path for her on which she can walk on. And she covers the eyes of poor Chaeng with her palm.

" Ahhhhhhhh, so romantic!!! Yoo Jeongyeon, did you see? Did you see? "

" Yes, yes, stop hitting me!!! It's hurt!! "

Nayeon is too excited and she keeps hitting Jeongyeon non-stop as the Nature Master saved the tiny God from the hungry Nymphs.

" C'm on, Im Nayeon. We have our work. Let these two be alone."

" I wanna watch more. This is their first encounter after 500 years. It will be so- "

" C'm on."

Jeongyeon grabs Nayeon's wrist and she teleports themselves into somewhere else, making Nayeon pouts. They are now in the old library of the virtual reality that the monster had created with her spell.

" Here. Let's put the files here so that they can find them easily."

Jeongyeon puts the files on the table and they hear noises from the upstairs. Nayeon sighs and the two teleport to the battle field again. The Stupid Semi-gods are trying to fight with the Nymphs like fools. 

Nayeon shakes her head and she creates a hole in front of them when they try to jump towards Eunbi and help, making them fall down into the library where they put the required informations of the Demon.

" I wonder how they become Semi-gods. I mean they should know that they must know the Monster's identity to call her out when it is hiding. The monsters can't refuse the God's calling."

Nayeon keeps complaining and Jeongyeon just shakes her head while closing her eyes and take a nap. They have to wait patiently till they come back. The two fight with the Monster and Jihyo came to help.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon look at each other and they take the chance to go and grab Eunbi who is sitting at the corner of them room in fear.

" Sorry, little girl."

Nayeon whispers and she hits Eunbi's neck with her palm, making her asleep. Jeongyeon nods at her and she carries Eunbi in her arms before they teleport to their next direcrion.

" Yah! im Nayeon!! "

Jeongyeon is furious when they appear on the tree again and not at their last destination but Nayeon just puts her index on her lips. They can see Chaeyoung on the ground while looking up in the sky.

" It seem the Nature Msaster has left."

" Aigoo, I have lost the best part."

Nayeon whispers and Jeongyeon rolls her eyes. She has been carrying Eunbi so she has to take extra care so that Eunbi will not fall down from her arms while Nayeon takes Eunbi's phone and does something.

Chaeyoung seems she decided to go and check the building. She is now in the upstairs again and she is surprised when she sees that two Nymphs were crashed into pieces.

At that time, as they are watching, they can feel the God Light from somewhere and a white shadow jumps inside from the window. 

" Oh, the best part is here."

Jeongyeon claims and Nayeon nods in agreememnt. She even uses her fists as a binoculars to see things more clearly.

" Chaeng."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon decide to use some of their power and they listen to them. And as soon as they hear the voice, they recognize her.

" The War God, Chou Tzuyu the killing guqin."

The moonlight falls onto Chaeyoung's face and they can see how shock she is. Her expression is really priceless. As they are watching, the War God runs towards the tiny God and hugs tight. Chaeyoung is still in shock but she hugs her bestfriend back.

" Chaeyoung."

The two jump up in surprise and bow at the person who walks up to the upstairs by the stairs. Jihyo takes a glance at the dead Nymphs and she sighs.

" You really did a great work today."

" I can't take this credit."

" Hmm, helping to catch a monster in a human form is a brave thing. This worths a reward. I'll talk for you at the meeting tomorrow. Come with us back to the Light World."

Jihyo promises and Tzuyu holds her friend's hand in happiness. Nayeon and Jeongyeon smile as their plan work and they look at each other. Nayeon hugs her partner by the shoulder and teleports to their last destination. Inside a bedroom.

The walls are painted in light yellow and it is decorated with books everywhere. You can see a photo of Eunbi with a man and woman, on the table beside the bed.

" Finally."

Nayeon said in peace as she is watching Jeongyeon putting Eunbi on her bed and putting a blanket on her. Then, she walks back to Nayeon and the Yin-Yang look at the sleeping Eunbi on the bed.

At that time, smoke appears around them and they turned into a man and woman of around 45. They look at each other and nod.

Nayeon sits on the bed and she shakes Eunbi's body gently.

" Hey, hey, Eunbi-ah."

" Nae? "

Eunbi slowly opens her eyes and she blinks. When she realises that she is in her room, lying comfortably on her bed, she is surprised and sits up on the bed.

" Huh? How I am here? Uncle, Aunty, please tell me quick."

Jeongyeon aka the man smiles gently at his niece. 

" We don't know either. Two young girls around your age carried you here and left."

" Oh."

Eunbi feels relieved. This mean the two are safe now. It seemed they won. But why they never say goodbye? Of course, they are Gods. How they can talk to me? This will be like breaking rules like Chaeyeon said. It's enough if they are fine. 

She thinks and smiles in relief. Nayeon aka the woman hugs her.

" Don't think too much. They said you were having a bad day. Let's go to bed."

" Nae, Aunty."

Nayeon smiles and she pulls the blanket up for Eunbi. Then she removes the hair strands on Eunbi's forehead and stands up.

" Goodnight, honey."

" Goodnight, Aunty, Uncle."

They smile at her and leave the room. As soon as the door closed, Nayeon and Jeongyeon look at each other and they smile before they enter inside their room too. 

" Let's have a good night sleep. We have been tired."

Yes, they are known as Mr.Kwon Yul and Mrs.Kwon SoYeon here. And they are now in their old mansion at the downtown where they have been living with their niece called Kwon Eunbi for 20 years already.