Chapter 14

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

" Chingu-ahhhhh~~~~ "

Even Hyewon feels the goosebumps on her arms. The voice is too cold and creepy while it is coming out from the walls of every directions. Eunbi is trembling too much and she is just holding onto Hyewon as if her life is depended on.

" Kwon Eunbi, please let me go."

" No, don't leave me."

" I need to transform to protect you."

Hyewon whispers and she pushes Eunbi away gently. The later looks her up and Hyewon tries to smile at her.

" Trust me."

Eunbi nods in her teary eyes and Hyewon feels like she needs to protect this girl no matter what. She closes her eyes and takes a deep inspiration and transforms back to her God form.

She opens her palms and calls her blades which appears in her hands. She rotates the daggers in 360 degrees before she jumps into the air and strikes the double blades into a wall.

Eunbi feels bad about destroying her house when her uncle and aunty are away but she then realizes that they are now in the reality world created by the demon and her real house is not destroyed. What a relief.

The wall that Hyewon chose to attack is the right place. The wall becomes into two and the demon has to move away from the wall to avoid the blade.

Eunbi feels disgusting when seeing the demon. Its lower trunk was cut off by Hyewon not long ago and it is just starting to grow out again. So, it is like her body is supported by her hands and she is hopping on the floor to move.

Hyewon smirks as she knows her enemy is still weak. She is now half powerful from her normal. Hyewon takes ready again and the demon is staring at her with flaming eyes.

" I can't believe that I have to fight against a low class God like you."

" But this low class God cut your roots off last time. Remember? "

" This is all because of the Thunder strike. There was none of your true ability! "

The demon said angrily and she crawls up on the wall then to the ceiling. Eunbi moves backwards till she reaches to the corner of the room and Hyewon stands in front of her between the demon and Eunbi.

" Why you want to kill her badly? "

" That's why I'm calling you a low class God. Don't you notice the stars? The stars are changing. The Northen star is fading and it will disappear soon."

" Huh? "

Hyewon knows about that legend. There is a big star in the North which represents the Demon masters. When it is fading, the changes appear in the demon world. It is the foreshadowing that one of the masters will die soon. And the new master will be born.

" Yes, that's why I need to feed myself. I need to be powerful so that I can become the Master."

The Tree Demon said and Hyewon laughs while shaking her head.

" You want to be a Demon Master with this skill? Haha. Funny."

" You- you will regret!! "

The tree demon shows her dirty teeth as she jumps down from the ceiling. Hyewon joins the handles of the daggers and she turns it into the double-sidded blade which she holds with both of her hands.

She circles it around her non-stop and the demon doesn't dare to come closer. Instead, the demon moves around really quick as she shoots her with the roots from her fingers. Hyewon cuts off every single one of them with her blade.

" Enough. Let's finish."

Hyewon shouts and she jumps towards the demon, sliding the roots that is covering and protecting her like an armor. The tree Demon sherks in pain as the roots are cut off again and she moves away in a fast pace, disappearing from the sight.

" I'll be back!!! "

Hyewon uses almost all of her lower so she is nearly fallen to the ground. She has to lean on the weapon and tries to stand still. The reality spell is gone but they can still hear the heavy steps of the tree trunk from the walls so they know that she is only taking a break.

" Kwon Eunbi, are you ok? "

Hyewon turns to Eunbi and asks. The later tries to nod but her face is as pale as a white paper making Hyewon worried.

" Wae? What happened? OMG! "

Hyewon notices that Eunbi's left shoulder is bleeding and she quickly takes the shorter girl to her bedroom. They can hear the heavy movement of the tree from a far. May be she is waiting for her roots to grow again.

Hyewon checks herself and she finds that her power are not much left. She needs to meditate first. She looks at Eunbi, then to the door. She needs to make a decision.

Hyewon bites her lips and points at the bedroom door, making a protective spell at there. She then closes her eyes and tries to connect the telepathy circle. But her power is too low and she can't hear anything from the other side.

" I don't know you guys can hear me but we are in trouble. I locked Kwon Eunbi's bedroom with the spell. But the tree Demon is outside. She will restart the battle as soon as she is full power again. And Kwon Eunbi is hurt too. We need you."

Hyewon inhales hoping that someone will hear her. She knows that her protection spell will not work when the Demon is powerful again soon. But now, the first priority is Kwon Eunbi.

" Let me see."

" No! I- "

" Let me see."

Eunbi tries to deny but Hyewon stares into her eyes and she whispers gently. Eunbi nods and she looks away as Hyewon rips her blouse, exposing her milky white shoulder. There is a root piercing in the beautiful shoulder, which makes Hyewon feels sorry.

" It has poison."

Eunbi dares herself to look at the wound. She is nearly to get a faint when she sees that her shoulder is covered with blood while a piece of root is piercing in.

Hyewon presses on the shoulder and she whispers a spell, making the blood stop. She decides to use all her power left to pull out the root without hurting Eunbi. Eunbi frowns when the piece of root falls on the floor.

" The poison is spreading."

Eunbi knows that her left hand can't move now. The whole limb becomes numb and she can't feel her hand anymore. Hyewon takes a peek to Eunbi.

" Kwon Eunbi. I have to do something."

" What? "

" I'll out the poison."

" No!!! You will be poisoned too."

" I'm a God. It can't kill me. But you can be killed by this. Just stay still, hmmm? "

Hyewon whispers gently. Eunbi has never seen this caring side of Hyewon. She becomes excited as well as scared when Hyewon kneels down in front of her and leans closer to her.

Her heartbeat becomes crazy and she can't think why. May be because of the tree poison. Or may be because of Hyewon? Before she can choose which one is the right answer, Hyewon holds onto her shoulder and her lips land onto the wound.

" Ahhh. Ahhh. Hyewon. Ahhh."

The pain is unbearable. Hyewon out all of them and Eunbi keeps screaming. Her fists are tightly held. She bites her lips hard almost bleeding. Her face is up and she is breathing heavily from both her nose and mouth. Sweats are covering her forehead and she is feeling like she is on fire.

" Ahhh."

With the most intense pain, Hyewon slowly stops and she slowly moves herself away from Eunbi. Eunbi is breathing fast and she looks at Hyewon. Her lips are covered with dark purple blood. Her face is as white as a paper.

" Are you feeling better? "

" Imm."

Eunbi looks at her shoulder. The poisoned part is now returning to its normal color. Eunbi pulls the ripped sleeve of her blouse and she wipes the blood from Hyewon's lips.

" Are you really ok? Are you hurt? "

" I'm fine."

But Hyewon frowns and before she can control herself, she has vomitted a pile of blood clots which makes Eunbi worried.

" Kang Hyewon!! "

" I'm fine. I'm fine."

At that time, they hear a hit at the bedroom door. It seems the demon has already recharged her power. That's fast.

" Kwon Eunbi."

They hear the hit again. The door is even shaken now. The spell line becomes fade and they both know that the door will be opened soon.

" Stay behind me no matter what. I'll protect you."

" Kang Hyewon."

Hyewon tries to smile at Eunbi. She knows she can't protect her anymore. But she needs to. She has to protect this girl from the Demon. Hyewon stands up from the floor with the support of her weapon and faces the door.

The door is flied away and the tree demon appears at the door, grinning at them with the most creepiest smile on her face.

" Shall we start again? "

" Be careful, Kang Hyewon."

Hyewon bites her inner cheek. She thinks she has recharged her power now.

 

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                       xxx

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu carefully looks at the ground and the surrounding with the help of the students. They are now searching for the Boar Monster in the forest the next morning. 

" Ms.Tzuyu, here."

Chaewon shouts as she points at the footprints on the ground. Tzuyu sits down on the ground and she touches the footprints. Then she smells the sand and looks around.

" He may be around here."

" Can we join the battle today? "

" No, listen."

Tzuyu looks at her kids.

" He is dangerous. Last night, I notice that there is a change in the Northen star. I think he is trying to be the Demon master too. That's why he needs so much blood."

The Semi-Gods look at each other in fear.

" So, I'll go alone. Don't come closer to the battle. If you are around, I can't use my powers freely. I have to avoid you. So, stay here on the trees. He can't climb."

The kids quietly nod at their teacher and Tzuyu starts following the footprints. It is leading to a cave and Tzuyu remembers that she is back to the previous place of yesterday. This cave must be his place.

Before she can finish her thoughts, a shadow hits her like a train and Tzuyu is thrown to the ground. Tzuyu quickly transforms herself back to the God form while rolling on the ground by the hit.

" Come! "

Tzuyu said and the Boar Demon show his scary fangs. He runs to her and grabs her to which Tzuyu easily surrender. The monster never goes easy on her. He pulls her by her ankle and hits her to the ground.

* cough couch *

The monster is too strong. Tzuyu even spills out some blood but she smiles and calls the monster with her fingers as she tries to stand up again.

" What is she doing? "

Sana whispers as she is hiding behind a tree and watching Tzuyu and the Boar. She knows that Tzuyu doesn't protect or resist the attacks. She just lets him hit her like a training sandbag of a boxer.

Her body is thrown to the ground for numerous times and she is covered with blood already but the stubborn Tzuyu never fights back.

" Sana unnie, come out!! "

Sana is surprised when she hears Tzuyu suddenly shouts. The Boar seems he is angry and he goans as he runs to her and hits her with his head again.

" Tzu- "

Sana quickly covers with her palm so that she will not let out a shout. She now understands what Tzuyu is doing. She is trying to make her come out.

" I'll be dead if he keeps hiting me like this. Sana unnie, I'll go die if you don't come out."

" Aish, this kid. She is too stubborn."

Sana watches Tzuyu hit by the monster while biting her lips. She wants to run and help her but how she can face Tzuyu..

" Sana unnie!!!! "

The monster grabs Tzuyu by the collar. He is choking her and raising her into the air. Tzuyu's legs are moving helplessly in the air, full with blood, her face is ruined but she still manages to talk.

" Sana unnie, please come out and save me."

Yes, this is the plan Tzuyu can think last night. She has planned this and she knows that Sana will come to her no matter what if the monster is going to kill her. If this is really not Sana, there is no regret to die. She has been tired already.

Tzuyu becomes calmed and Sana widens her eyes. No, she can't be dead.

" Let her go!! "

Sana can't think of anymore as she jumps down from the tree, directly makes a roll in the air and kicks the monster's face with all her power.

He is thrown to the ground while Tzuyu is fallen on the ground. Sana stands between Tzuyu and the monster, protecting Tzuyu with her body.

Sana leans to the unconscious Tzuyu and checks the pulse of the neck. Luckily, she is still alive. Sana remembers something and she takes out the flute from Tzuyu's pocket. She then glares at the furious Boar and smirks.

" You are a dead meat now, pig."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                          xxx

 

 

 

 

" Where are we going? "

" I don't know. I feel... lost."

Chaeyoung whispers and Mina sighs. Chaeyoung takes a glance at the sad Mina and she lightly hits the taller girl's body with hers.

" I'm fine. Don't worry."

" I just feel sorry."

" I know."

Chaeyoung suddenly remembers something and she looks at Mina with confused eyes.

" But Mina, I have a question. How you know that I am not a 200 years ago timeliner? You even knew that I'm from 500 years ago timeliner. Can you tell me why? "

Chaeyoung said and Mina stares at her back. Chaeyoung notices that the taller woman possesses a pair of dark eyes which seem to be mysterious and secretive. And she notices that they changes color after her question so she quickly makes another option.

" It's fine if you don't want to tell." 

" I- "

Mina keeps staring at Chaeyoung. Her eyes seem familiar but Chaeyoung doesn't know why. Mina has been looking like she is really disappointed and sad but Chaeyoung can find no reason about it. Mina seems really nervous and Chaeyoung is curious of what she will say.

" Pabo-ah, I just made a research last night."

Mina said with her usual gummy smile.

" Umm, Really? "

Chaeyoung is surprised. But Mina has already restarted her steps and they keep heading to the nearest motel. Chaeyoung runs a litlte to catch the taller girl up.

" Why I have to lie? Here."

Mina takes out her phone. Chaeyoung is amazed that Mina is holding an iPhone 11 pro silver. She is rich af too. Chaeyoung thinks and she feels sorry for her secondhand iPhone 8 that she has bought years ago.

Mina shows her a website and she explains.

" You are away from this kinds of things, that's why you don't know about it. This website is written by the Gods. We can search everything we want here. But some books are restricted. That's why I took you to the Library."

" Wow, you really are a good investigator. You should work for me."

" Am I still not? "

Mina jokes back and both of them laugh together. Mina puts the phone back to her pant's pocket and she continues explaining.

" I didn't find your name in 200 years ago timeliners so I decided to search. And I found you among 500 years timeliners."

" So, if this is true, my 300 years memories are gone. Where are they? This is my quest. I need to find them again."

Chaeyoung suddenly remembers about Mina and she takes a secret side glance at Mina. But she jumps up in surprise when she finds that Mina is also staring at her like she is whipped by Son Chaeyoung.

" Ummm, wanna come with me? "

" Oh, this will be my honor."

Mina said and Chaeyoung shows her dimple smile. The two walk along the road and they notice a group of people in front of them before they can find a motel.

" Let's go check."

Being a good person she is, Chaeyoung is always ready to help others and she has aready dragged Mina with her to that place to check what is going on. They tried to move to the front but people are covering their sights.

" Let's transform."

Mina suddenly pulls her back and she makes a snap. Now, they are two men with cops outifts and Mina walks to there with so much confident.

" Now, we can go."

Mina said in an amusing way and Chaeyoung giggles. The two walks to the place and people move away as soon as they see them. Chaeyoung runs to there and sits down immediately whens she fidns a dead body lying on the ground.

Mina is standing and she is looking to and fro, trying to check if real polices are coming. And Chaeyoung starts checking the body.

" Huh, Minari, check this."

" Minari? "

Mina whispers and Chaeyoung looks up her. She smiles warmly at her and asks in an innocent way.

" Don't you like? "

" No, it feels- familiar."

Mina whispers and Chaeyoung continues checking the body. They used Mina's camera to take some photos. Chaeyoung shows the wonunds to Mina. The damage is too much.

" It seems an animal who has claws attacked her. See, they are obvious."

" The Nine-tailed fox."

" What?!"

Chaeyoung is scared when Mina said this words. The Gumiho is already one of the most powerful demons. She loves to seduce men and kills them later to eat their pancreas.

" This is 3rd murder case in a week."

Someone from the crowd said loudly and Mina and Chaeyoung look at each other.

* police cars coming *

" Let's go."

Mina pulls up Chaeyoung and they run away from there. People are confused when they see another polices running down from the cars. But Mina and Chaeng have already transformed back to their true forms.

" What is the Nine-tailed fox is doing here? "

Chaeyoung is thinking while she is rubbing her temple. Mina takes a glance at her and she knows what Chaeyoung wants. 

" Do you want to solve this? "

" Can we? "

Chaeyoung asks in disbelief and Mina nods.

" Yes, apparently, you have no duty to do and I am free, too. We can find that demon and kick her if you want."

" Gomowo, Minari!!!! "

Chaeyoung happily said and Mina laughs. She looks at the back of the Flowery God who is walking ahead of her. How could they did this kind of terrible things to this girl? She is too innocent.

I'll never forgive the Emperor.

" Minari? "

Mina's thoughts are cut off when Chaeyoung turns to her and calls. She smiles and walks to Chaeyoung who is waiting for her. The two continue walking to the Motel and take a rest before they start their new quest : Finding the Gumiho.


 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                        xxx
 

 

 

 

 

The night...

The night sky is beautiful with the clouds covering the moon. They are shining in yellow with the moonlight behind them. The stars are hiding behind the clouds as if they are shy.

Suddenly, two shadows appear from nowhere. They creepily walk along the path and heading up to the top of a hill. And there is someone waiting for them already.

" Emperor."

The taller one said under her breathe and the Emperor of the Gods slowly turns to them. The Emperor is not wearing her usual golden outfits. She is wearing all black and she is as secretive as ever.

" It's been a very long time, Yin-Yang."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon smile as they bow the Emperor. Seungwan sighs and she looks up the sky.

" I bet you can guess why I asked you to meet."

" The stars are changing."

Nayeon whispers as they follow looking up the sky. The Emperor nods.

" Yes, the Northen Star is fading. One of the Demon Masters is going to die."

She whispers.

" It doesn't matter who will be the next Master. But it will be a problem if the new master is not a good one like the current four. And there is one more problem, too."

The Emperor's face becomes darker.

" The signs are starting. The Destoryer will be back in a few months. I can sense this."

" The Destoryer."

Jeongyeon repeats what Seungwan has said. The Emperor is right. They all can feel that Dark Energy are starting to increase all around the World. 

" I still can't find the Destroyer's location. But I am sure that he is now finding the requirements, the Light and the Dark. The Light will be one of our Gods but I can protect them. But the Dark is something I can't control."

The Emperor turns to Yin-Yang who are listening carefully.

" You are my trusted friends. I have a favor to ask you. Can you please take care of the Demon Masters? I think one of them will die soon and the Destroyer will take the Dark Power from him."

" We understand. We will try to protect them."

" Thank you. I have been counting on you for years."

" It's an honor to work with you, Emperor."

The Emperor nods and she sighs.

" What about the weapon? "

" She is safe. Everything is going well as we have planned."

Jeongyeon replies. Nayeon feels unhappy with this and she lowers her head. Seungwan notices this and she tries to cheer Nayeon up.

" We all have to do sacrifices to keep the balance of the World. We have to be heartbroken but we are doing the right thing at the same time."

" I know."

Jeongyeon sighs and she hugs Nayeon by the shoulder and pads her for a few times as a support. The Emperor takes out a Jade coin from her pocket and she gives it to Jeongyeon.

" You can use this to contact me directly. I'm waiting the news from you."

" We will try our best."

The Emperor nods and she disappears from their sight in a blink. 

" I never understand her."

Nayeon whispers. Jeongyeon looks at her partner and she sighs.

" I know how you are feeling. I am sad too but like she said, we have to do this."

" But- "

" C'm on, Nayeon. We are Yin-Yang who are balancing the World. We don't change the fates. We keep the things in their right places. We never break the rules. Remember? "

Nayeon looks up the taller girl and Jeongyeon is staring her back with caring eyes. Nayeon pouts and she runs into Jeongyeon's arm. Jeongyeon hugs her as a comfort and they disappear from the sight too.

Everything remains as if there was no such secret meeting.