Chapter 17

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

" The Flowery God, Son Chaeyoung...

She was a late relative of the Emperor. The Son were poor low class farmers and the Emperor never looked at them. But 500 years after the Great Battle, Chaeyoung was born.

She was a kind and good-hearted girl. She helped everyone and she easily became famous in their village and surroundings. She worked as a Gardener and helped others in every way she could. The news reached to the Emperor and she found out that it was her relative.

So, the Emperor decided to give her a reward. Chaeyoung was accepted to the Light World at her 20 and she became a God. But she liked to help others so she asked a favor from the Emperor to let her go down to the Human World and help people in need.

The Emperor didn't want to agree but Chaeyoung was too determined with her decision so she finally let her go. From that time on, Chaeyoung walked around the World, arresting every Demon and Monsters she saw and she became famous as Flowery God with her Punishment Flower Rain."

Mina closed the book named 'History of Gods' and she took a glance at Chaeyoung who was leaning on the cart and taking a nap. The duo had been travelling for days and now they were travelling to the Country where Mina's uncle was ruling.

" Ahhhhh. "

Suddenly, the owner of the cart shouts and both Mina and Chaeyoung were surprised. Chaeyoung jumped down from the cart as it was now stopped and Mina followed her.

" Ahh."

Mina screamed in fear and she ran to hug Chaeyoung when she saw the tragedy. The two found that the owner of the cart was dead already. His abdomen was cut open and the blood was everywhere. Chaeyoung padded Mina's back and she pushed her away slowly.

" Come out! "

Chaeyoung commanded and they both heard a disgusting laugh from somewhere. Chaeyoung extended her hand and a stick ran to her. She tightened her grip on it and it became a magical weapon with blooming flowers.

" Go die! "

Suddenly, a shadow ran to them. Mina saw claws shining under the daylight. Chaeyoung held her stick with her both hands and resisted the attack. The claws and stick hit, and the two were now facing each other.

That Demon was in black, his body was covered with weeds and Mina could smell the salty ocean from him. It was quite away from the ocean so it was strange to see an ocean monster on the land.

" What are you doing here? "

Chaeyoung asked and the Ocean Demon grinned, showing his yellow fangs.

" Don't you notice that the Northen Star was fading. New master will be born soon. Since I am an Ocean Monster, and we have Ocean Master Yuta already, I can't be a master in ocean. I have to come to land and kill to become a master."

" You are wrong, Killing will not let you become a Master."

" Shut up!! Now, I'll kill a God and take more power."

" Try it if you can."

Chaeyoung said and she suddenly flied away. Then she waved the stick and to Mina's surprise, flowers petals started falling down from the sky.

" The Punishment Flower Rain."

Mina whispered. At that time, Chaeyoung jumped towards Mina and put her bamboo helmet on her head, making Mina surprised.

" Your hair will be ruined."

Chaeyoung said with a smile. Mina also smiled but their moment was ruined by the Demon who was screaming in pain in the heavy Flower rain. It seemed the flowers petals were hurt to touch.

Mina frowned and she extended her hand to touch the flowers. They fell onto her palm but they were like real normal flower petals. Mina confusely looked at Chaeyoung and the later laughed.

" Like you said, it is the Punishment Flower Rain. I can make them hurt or attack or just normal as I like."

" Ahh, I see."

Chaeyoung smiled and she extended her hand. A red rose appeared in the air and she gave it to Mina.

" For you, Princess."

" Thank you."

" Shut the fak up, and let me go!!!! "

The Demon shouted and Chaeyoung jumped towards him. Mina secretly smelt the Rose and she smiled. Her heartbeat became fastened and she didn't know why. She just loved to be with the God.

Chaeyoung failed to noticed what Mina was thinking under the bamboo helmet as she was busy with the Demon.

" Do you regret now? Promise me that you will not kill again. Then I'll let you go."

" You won because it was on the land. Come and fight with me if you dare."

" What? "

" I'll let go of becoming a Demon Master if you win next time. Agree? "

The Demon said and Chaeyoung shoved her shoulder.

" Alright. I'll come find you in three days."

" Good."

" Now, run back to your water."

Chaeyoung said and she slapped him away with her palm. The Demon was flied away and fell down on the ground. He glared at her and ran away. Chaeyoung sighed as the flower rain slowly faded away.

Mina waited for her as Chaeyoung walked to her.

" Yes? "

" Umm, Princess. I'm sorry but I have a business now. I have to go to the Ocean to meet that Demon. I don't think I can send you to your uncle."

Mina became sad and she removed the helmet from her head. She put it back on Chaeyoung as she pouted.

" What if the Monsters appear on my way? "

" I- "

Chaeyoung seemed she didn't know what to do. She put the helmet back on its place behind her and she looked at Mina.

" Then what about you followed me to the ocean. I'll send you to your uncle after I have settled with the Demon."

" What?! Can I? "

Mina asked and Chaeyoung grinned.

" Yeah. I mean if you wish."

" Of course, I want to. I want to go everywhere with you."

Mina said, making Chaeyoung's dimple appear.

 

 

" Mitang, you have been staring at that wall and smiling the whole time for too long. Can you please pay some attention to the newbie? "

" Sorry, I didn't mean to."

Mina said. But a gummy smile is still on her face which makes Momo annoyed more. She rolls her eyes and whispers something. Sana is just looking at them with an innocent smile.

Well, on that day, as she became the Master, the Gods had to pay respect due to her title. And they have to let her go. Sana didn't want to leave Tzuyu but she had to figure out what happened first so she came back to hell directly to ask help from Momo while Tzuyu had to go back to the Light World.

Though they had to make part ways, Sana has a strong feeling that they will meet again soon. She just knew that. 

" So, the sleeping beauty of yours became the Soul Master? "

Mina finally speaks to Sana and Sana just smiles at her innocently. Mina girl sighs and she leans back to her seat.

" Things are changing too fast. The time is nearer and we have to prepare now."

" Prepare for what? "

Sana asks and Momo sighs.

" We all have our life ashes when we became the Masters. We can't be killed unless the ashes are destroyed. Shotaru was killed because someone found out his secret place of life ashes."

" Life ashes."

" Yes, did you keep it safe? "

" Ummm, I even don't know where it is."

" What?! "

Momo and Mina said in unison. Mina shakes her head and she explains Sana while her hand is playing with her fingers.

" Well, the life ashes are bounded to the things that were near by us when we were created. Try to think something which was near you."

Sana thinks and she only remembers that she was holding her flute tight that time. Her eyes secretly falls on the flute that she puts on her lap and she notices that some parts are glowing unlike the old times. Then it must be where her life ashes were kept.

" Oh, I know! They are in- "

" Hey, don't tell us."

Momo quickly stops Sana.

" Wae? I think we are friends."

" Friends or whatever, we can't tell others where it is. What if someone tricked us and ask for your secret? It is dangerous."

" Arasso."

Sana said with a pout. Mina is still playing with her fingers and Momo notices something.

" Where is your red string, Mitang? "

She asks with a smirk as the red string that Mina tied on her left ring finger is now gone. Mina shyly smiles and she whispers.

" I gave it to her."

" Damn, you are helpless."

* bark bark *

" Yes, yes, Boo-sama. Mommy know they are annoying. Let's go sleep."

Momo is now talking to her demon dog and stands up. And she leaves the two alone after saying I'll be back with the dog in her hand. Mina and Sana look at each other and awkwardly smile at each other.

" So, you are Chaeng's girlfriend? "

" No! We are just friends. She helped me a lot so I am trying to repay her."

Sana laughs at the nervous Mina. She finds that Mina is easy to be friends.

" I can tell you about her days in training."

" Really? "

" Yeah."

Sana really likes this girl. The two talked a lot and became friends already before Momo came back with snacks. Sana is really glad that she now has two friends in the Dark World which she is somehow ruling like they said.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

" Call me immediately if you need something. The password is Minari. This is a private line."

Chaeyoung remembers what Mina has said before she left for an emergency. Well, you can also contact with each other in private line if you know the password. And Chaeyoung really likes that Mina made the password into the nickname she has given.

" Chaeng!!!!! "

" Tzuyu!!!! "

Chaeyoung is surprised to see Tzuyu at the gate to the Light World. A group of Semi-Gods are behind Tzuyu and Chaeyoung can say that they are back from a mission.

" Princess."

" Hey, Chaeng."

Chaeyoung notices that Jihyo is frowning. She seems she has something on her mind. Chaeyoung hits Tzuyu with her elbow and calls in the private line.

" Hey, Tzu, what happened? "

" Sana unnie's back."

" What!!!!!!!! "

Chaeyoung shouts but she quickly covers with her palms. Tzuyu is also laughing and the two left behind as the others pass by them and going up to the Light World. 

Tzuyu explains everything and Chaeyoung seems she is really excited. She claps and hugs Tzuyu by the side.

" I'm really happy for you, Tzuyu-ah. Ahhh, it's too good. Sana unnie is not dead."

" Hey, wait. What is this? "

Tzuyu suddenly notices that there is a red string tied on Chaeyoung's left ring finger in a ribbon shape. Chaeyoung smiles while looking at it remembering what Mina has said.

" Take this. You will not run out of energy even if I'm not around you to borrow. But please take care of it. It is something important for me."

Chaeyoung doesn't know what it is but she has decided that she will take care of it with all her life. The two bestfriends share about random things till they reach back to the Light World. 

Chaeyoung has to go report about what she found so she left. Tzuyu comes back to her mansion and there is only Chaeyeon.

" You are back, Miss Chou."

" Chaeyeon, where's Kang? "

" I- I don't know. I tried to call her but she didn't answer my call. May be she is out for the Communication tower? "

" Aish, that kids. Things are getting harder. We have a big problem now. Go find her and take her back here."

" Nae."

Chaeyeon bows Tzuyu and she walks to the Communication towere where Hyewon might be probably talking with Sakura. She enters the tower and everyone is as busy as ever. They even don't have time to take glance at Chaeyeon.

" Jjaeyeon!!! "

" Oh, Saku-chan, is Hyewon here? "

" No, why she has to come here? Come, it's been a long time since we spent time together."

Sakura said and she links her arm to Chaeyeon as she starts pulling her towards her office but Chaeyeon quickly removes her arm back making Sakura frowns.

" I don't have time. Miss Chou wants to see me and Hyewon but that Pabo is missing. I have to find her."

" May be she is with that human."

" Huh? Eunbi? "

Chaeyeon feels like her heart skips a little faster due to the name. Why Hyewon has to go to her? Is she falling for Eunbi? No way!

" I need to go."

" Wait! "

Sakura pulls Chaeyeon's hand and stops her. Chaeyeon seems she is annoyed and she turns to Sakura with dark eyes.

" What do you want, Saku-chan? "

" Jjaeyeon, what happened to you? You can't even pretend when it comes to that human girl. What? Are you falling for her? "

" I- "

Chaeyeon opens but nothing comes out. Yes, she loves Eunbi but how she can say it out.

" Huh, you really are a fool. Don't you remember the forbiddnen rule? We can't fall in love with a human. It is an unforgivable sin."

Chaeyeon inhales. Why Sakura becomes that much annoying these days? But Sakura tightens her frip on Chaeyeon's hand.

" Don't go. Hmmm? "

" What are you talking about? "

Chaeyeon said as she jerks Sakura's hand away. 

" Don't act like you are being someone special for me or something please. You are just normal friends. You can't involve in my privacy. Now, I have to go find my partner."

Chaeyeon said and she walks out from the communication tower with fast steps. Sakura can't help but bites her lip as tears start falling down on her cheeks. 

Chaeyeon just comes down to the Human World with messy thoughts in her head. She doesn't know why but she is already in front of Eunbi's house when she notices. She is about to press the doorbell when she notices someone.

" Huh?! "

Chaeyeon feels like she is hit by a train. Hyewon is floating in the air and she is talking to Eunbi who is now leaning on the opened window bar. They are laughing together and they seem to be having fun.

Chaeyeon just runs away from there and she just runs and runs and runs till she reaches back to the Gate. Why Hyewon is there? What is she doing? Are they dating? No way! I have to ask Hyewon. Chaeyeon is broken with her own thoughts and she has to inpatiently waits for Hyewon.

Hyewon finally comes back after about an hour later. She seems she is really hyper now. She is playing with the grasses while singing a random song. Chaeyeon bites her inner cheek and she comes out behind the tree to stop Hyewon.

" Where did you go? "

" Chaeyeon-ah! Ahh, nowhere. I just walk. I'm walking around. Hehe."

" I saw you at Eunbi's house."

" Huh? You did? What were you doing there? "

" This is the same question I wanna ask. What were you doing there? "

" I'm just checking on her. Wait, why I have to answer you? "

Hyewon seems she is annoyed too. Chaeyeon is now staring at her with serious face and Hyewon arches her eyebrows too. They are now having a staring battle till Chaeyeon breaks the silence.

" Do you like Eunbi? "

" Huh? Why I have to answer you? "

" Just answer."

Chaeyeon said and Hyewon's face becomes stiff. She then inhales and answers.

" I love her."

" You jerk."

Chaeyeon runs to Hyewon all of a sudden and she hits her hard, making Hyewon fall on the ground. Chaeyeon grabs Hyewon by the collar and Hyewon laughs while is now bleeding.

" Wae? Why you hit me? "

" You jerk. You know the rule. We can't fall in love with humans."

" No, you are not telling about the rules! "

Hyewon shouts back as she pushes Chaeyeon away. She then stands up and laughs.

" Lee Chaeyeon, stop being a coward. I know you love her, too."

" No! I- I- "

Hyewon wipes the blood with her palm.

" Then we are good. I know what I am doing. I love Kwon Eunbi and I will protect her with everything I can though I have nothing. Don't step into our ways."

Hyewon said and she goes up, leaving Chaeyeon alone in the forest. Chaeyeon kneels down on the ground and she angrily hits the ground with her fists non-stop.

" Why? Why? Why? Why????? "

Chaeyeon can't think of straight now. Too many things is happening. Her bestfriend is in love with the girl she loves. What she should do? Should she tell the Emperor about this? Or she should confess Eunbi before Hyewon will?

But she has no courage. What if Eunbi will say No? Chaeyeon can't stand anymore and she screms letting all her pain and anger out.

" Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

Son Seungwan appears on the hill that she has agreed to meet with Yin-Yang. But it seemed they are late. They are not still there.

The Emperor checks the jade coin and she is about to call Yin-Yang again when someone goes up with hill. The figure is moving too slowly and Emperor can't see him clearly yet.

But as he is getting nearer, the Emperor can see him under the moonlight. The blind man is now smiling at her like an old friend.

" Hello, Emperor."

" Destroyer."

The Emperor whispers. The old man grins and he slowly opens his eyes, revealing his purple and golden eyes.

" Thanks to you, I'm living well for 1000 years."

" Shut up. You will be destroyed soon."

" Hahaha. I don't think so."

" It's you who asked me to come here, right? "

" Yes, that stupid Yin-Yang even didn't know that I took the jade coin from them. I can't believe you trust in these trashes."

" What do you want, old man. I know you still don't have the full power yet."

" Emperor, you made mistakes due to your anger and hate. You let me live for 1000 years only for your revenge. No one knows that disgusting truth. And I think it is pay time for you."

The man said and Emperor surprisingly doesn't deny his words.

" Yes, my plan is almost completed. I hate them. They betrayed me. Kang Seulgi and Bae Juhyun can't be forgiven, so does their daughter. She must be dead when it becomes the time. I'll kill her with my hands again."

She said with hate and the old man laughs.

" I'm afraid you will never have this chance again. The Destroyer will be born again with the Power of Light and Dark. I have the power of Dark. I only need Light power. And I have decided to take it from you."

" Huh, try if you dare."

The Emperor said and the old man grins wider. The Emperor believes that the Destroyer is still not in full power so she can win over him. 

" Catch me if you can."

The man said and he disappears in front of her. And he appears again beside her and Emperor has to move away. Wow, it is too close. Why I can't notice him?

Seungwan becomes worried a little. The old man is stronger than she thinks. The old man uses continuous attacks and she fights back. The hand-to-hand combat is as great as in history records and the Emperor knows that she is losing.

" Do you know I have my men in the Light World? "

" What? "

" Hahaha, stupid Emperor."

The man laughs and he slaps her right shoulder with much force and the Emperor has to moves three steps behind. The Emperor tries to use her Power out but it seems something is blocking.

" Your Light World things helped me a lot to make a strong poison. Now, you can't move, right? "

" You- "

The Emperor realises that she can't move her limbs. They seem they become weak and she is now trying hard not to fall down to the ground. The old man laughs loudly.

" Any last words? "

The Emperor bites her lip. She tries to remove the poison but it is in vain. She is staring at the old man and suddenly she laughs.

" Well, I'm a little sad as I will not be the one who will kill that human girl. But she will be dead nevertheless. The other Gods will fulfill my plan and will end you. I'm glad that she will be dead no matter what. Kang Eunbi has to die as a sacrifice as I planned. I can go to hell happily now."

" You are selfish and disgusting. You are more dirty than me."

" There is no mercy in love and war."

Emperor said and the old man smirks. He then suddenly runs to her and pierces his long claws inside her chest.

" Ah."

" Take a final look at me. I mean my true self."

The old man said as he is transforming back into someone. Emperor's smile on her face disappears and it is replaced by a surprised look. She looks at the Destroyer with wide eyes.

" You- "

Before she can finish her words, the Destroyer pulls out his claws back and the Emperor falls on the ground. All 3 Realms become dark as a sign that the Emperor is dead.

The body starts glowing and the lights run into the Destroyer's body as he is now taking the Power from the Emperor. And he stops when the Emperor becomes a normal human body.

" Hahahhahhahahhahahahhahhahhaha. My time has come."

He laughs loudly and said while his arms are rising in the air. The 3 Realms are shaken a strong earthquake while darkness is covering everywhere.

The Dark ages are coming back.