Chapter 5

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

Chaeyoung walks back inside the bar and she closes the door behind her. Helping to catch a demon? It sounds strange to her now. She has been not doing this for almost 100 years. And this is a little exciting yet scary too at the same time.

She doesn't have any mood to work so she walks to the locker room. She sits on the bench at the corner of the room and covers her face with her palms. I don't want to go back. She thinks.

Her gaze falls on her right wrist that she had applied a bandage on and her left hand starts removing it by itself. The bandage is removed and a shiny letters on her wrist which is also called as the Cursed Bracelet appears.

This bracelet has been controlling her God Powers for almost a century and Chaeyoung just smiles while trying to touch it with her finger tips.

Well, it may be strange to hear it but she doesn't regret about it after all. She had done what she should. Even if everyone is blaming on her now, she has no mood to explain them what had happened.

But sometimes, she is really curious about the rest of things in the Light World. She really wants to know what her friend, Tzuyu is doing now. She knows it would be really hard for her too.

Chaeyoung sighs and she is staring at the cursed bracelet as her mind starts flying back to the Past. 
 

 

 

* Explosion *

Chaeyoung woke up from her sleep when she heard a really loud explosion from a far. It must be a really strong one as her own House has been shaken by the earthquake created from the explosion.

Chaeyoung decides to check what is happening and she runs out from her House. Her house is a big one as she was a famous God and it is decorated with various kinds of trees around it. The wisteria tress are growing at the gate and Chaeyoung has to remove the flowers that is covering the opening before she comes out from there.

She sees that the other Gods are also on the streets, looking  everywhere trying to find out the source of the sound. Chaeyoung looks around and she notices that there is a pile of black smoke coming up from the side of the Enchanted Forest.

" Oh, Sana."

Chaeyoung remembered how she made Sana went inside the cave and closed the opening with a big rock. But the black smokes could be seen now and it was no good.

Chaeyoung bit her lip and she ran to there to check on her friend. Well, Minatozaki Sana was their senior God. She was as playful as an annoying kid and she was always teasing Chaeyoung's bestfriend, Chou Tzuyu. That's why she became close to Chaeyoung, too.

She was a kind hearted senior before she met with someone. That someone gave her a flute as a gift and a skill book to master it. She started to learn this without telling anyone and one day, she was out of control.

As Tzuyu was very close to Sana, Chaeyoung also helped her to control Sana and they could finally made her calm down. They tried to figure out why and Tzuyu thought that it was because Sana's flute skill was still incomplete. And they decided to put her in a cave, closed the opening with a rock and let Sana master her flute till it completed.

Now, the smoke was coming from the place where they had kept Sana and Chaeyoung became worried. She ran to the forest and to her horror, there was no Sana in the cave that they had left her. She also found that the rock they had placed at the opening was destroyed into pieces.

" This is not good."

Chaeyoung thought and she tried to use the telepathy circle to contact Sana but no one answered. Chaeyoung didn't know what to do at that time. Tzuyu was sent to the Human World for a mission now. What should I do? 

"  Chaeng. Chaeng. Are you here? "

Suddenly, a voice ran into her head and Chaeyoung was happy as it was Tzuyu.

" Tzuyu-ah."

" Chaeng. I couldn't contact Sana unnie. Can you go check on her? "

" Ummm, Tzuyu-ah, she destroyed the rock we placed and escaped."

" Oh."

Tzuyu's voice turned into worries. Chaeyoung knew that her friend was on a mission so she decided to take in charge for now.

" I'll go find her. Don't worry."

" Nae. Please keep an eye on her. Don't let anything happen to her. And don't let anyone know about her too. I'll be back as soon as possible."

" Alright."

Chaeyoung disconnects the telepathy circle and she picked up a dry branch from the ground. She carefully checked the ground and tried to find Sana's footprints. Aha, she found it. She followed it and her face became dark when she noticed that Sana was heading to the city. Oh, no.

While Chaeyoung was thinking what to do, she heard a loud explosion again and this time, it came from the city. As she was watching, she saw that the highest tower of the city on which the ancient clock was placed was fallen down.

Chaeyoung ran as fast as she could to the city and the whole city was covered with dusts everywhere due to the explosion. Tha amount of damage was really big. There was no way that the Emperor would not notice about this. The problem was bigger.

Chaeyoung thought and she was now trying to find Sana. At that time, she saw that a small group of the Royal army was surrounding a figure who was standing on the fallen tower. 

" Sana unnie."

Chaeyoung ran towards there and she stayed at a safe place, checking the condition. There were about a hundred of Royal guards surrounding Sana and there was no way she could escape. What should I do? What should I do?

Chaeyoung carefully look at Sana and she was surprised by the new appearance of her friend. Sana's white and red stripes dress has changed into a black and red one. Her eyes were bloody red and she seemed she wanted to kill.

That Flute Skill had something to do with it. It shouldn't be learned. Now, it seemed it was controlling Sana. And Chaeyoung could feel the Dark aura was radiating from Sana even from a far. What had she done?

" Drop your weapon! "

The leader of the Royal Guard shouted and Sana smirked. Chaeyoung knew that she was up to no good and the Dark Power was too strong against her. The guards were not a match for her.

" No!! Stop!!! "

Chaeyoung tried to shout and stopped them but she was late. The man waved his hand as a signal and the guards started running to Sana. Sana's dress was flowing in the air like a flag of the Death and she raised her flute.

No!!!! Chaeyoung shouted but no one heard. Instead, Sana waved her hand and a huge wave of Energy came out from her, running towards the guards around her.

" What! "

The guards were all now on the ground, the bodies were cut into two. A huge blood ocean appeared at the field and Sana was the only one who was standing in the middle. Her body was covered with blood from the guards.

Chaeyoung knew that she had to stop her and she bit her inner cheek before she jumped in front of Sana.

" Stop now, Sana unnie. Look at me. I know this is not you."

Chaeyoung said and Sana turned to her. Her eyes were really dark and Chaeyoung was surprised to see only Hate in there. She knew she had to control the monster inside Sana first and so she made ready the branch in her hand.

A couple of flowers start blooming on the stick and it turned into a magical weapon as soon as Chaeyoung tightens her grip. Sana smirked and she also raised her hand.

Chaeyoung had seen what she could do with the flute so she didn't gave Sana any chance. She jumped towards her and started attacking, the later responded.

There were too many Gods around Sana watching the battle but when she killed every guards, they all ran away and there was no one left. They had never seen someone as powerful demon as Sana and they didn't dare to stay here anymore.

Sana's flute and Chaeyoung's stick met, creating a powerful wave of energy again. The two didn't take a step back, instead they are facing each other and releasing their powers. 

" Sana unnie, look at me. You can control this."

Chaeyoung tried to talk. Sana was just staring at her with so much hate.

" Listen, Tzuyu is on her way. She'll be back soon. Let's get out of here and find a way. Please stop this."

Chaeyoung said. She suddenly saw that Sana's eyes turned color when she heard the name Tzuyu. And she could feel that the force Sana was using became weak.

" Chaeng? "

" OMG, Sana unnie."

Chaeyoung quickly grabbed Sana as she was nearly to faint on the ground. Sana looked around and her face became pale white.

" That- that- did I make this? "

" This is not you. It is your flute."

Chaeyoung said. At that time, they both heard a thunderous sound and a golden something was coming down from the mountain where the Royal Palace of the Emperor was placed.

" No, Emperor is coming."

Chaeyoung had no time to think. She quickly drew a spell on the ground with her stick and Sana was still looking around in shock with wide open mouth. The Golden Gate was fallen. The ancient clock tower was under her feet. The bodies were everywhere. How can this be possible?

" Unnie, you have to go now. If they find you, they will kill you."

" No! I made a mistake. I must repay."

" No, I can't let you die. This was not you at that time. The flute was controlling you. The monster inside was controlling you. Now, go and find a way to solve this."

Chaeyoung started the spell by touching it with her stick. Sana was just shaking her head.

" What about you? "

" I have to stay here and spare some time for you. Now, go."

Sana hesitated so Chaeyoung grabbed her arm and threw her out from the spell door. Chaeyoung was really surprised when she felt that Sana's body was like a Demon when their skins touched. But she really didn't have time to think about it. She looked up the sky and saw the Golden Cage of the Emperor getting nearer to her.

Chaeyoung stopped the spell with her stick and pressed her index and middle fingers to her right temple when the Cage started landing on the ground. The Bodyguards with the Marble-white Armors started taking their places.

" Tzuyu-ah, go to the Dark Abyss."

Then she had to disconnect the telepathy circle, put the stick on the ground raising her both hands in a surrender way. The two men walked to her and arrested her, made her kneel on the ground.

The door of the Cage was opened and a lady with a straight face who is wearing a Golden Armor came down. Her face is as hard as a rock. Her lips are tightly close and it was obvious that she was angry. She looked at Chaeyoung and asked.

" Where is she? Where did you send her? "


 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

" Chaeng? Chaeng? Son Chaeyoung!!!! "

Tzuyu tried to call her friend but the later seemed she disconnected. Aish, what is heppening? She was really worried for Sana and she gulped. Dahyun looked at her with confusion.

" Waeyo, Tzuyu? "

" Unnie, I have somewhere to go now."

" Now? "

" Yes."

Tzuyu forgot about the mission she had to do and she used the transferred spell immediately to follow the place that Chaeyoung told her. She knew Dahyun could handle things alone so she didn't need to worry for her. Now, her head was filled with only one thought, Sana.

What happened? Where was she??  Why Chaeng chose this place? This is inside the Dark World. It is dangerous to walk around here.

Tzuyu's head was filled with too much thoughts but her eyes never left a spot to scan. She ran along the path and suddenly, she found a pile of bodies in front.

" Huh? "

Tzuyu's heart fell down into the sea. They were a pile of dead bodies of low-class monsters. May be they were the local guys. Tzuyu noticed the green blood flowing out from them and she could guess that they were killed not long ago.

What if the killer met Sana? She suddenly feels worried for Sana and called her name.

" Sana unnie."

" Tzuyu? "

" Sana unnie."

Tzuyu ran to the place where she thought she heard the voice and she saw a figure standing on the rock. She kept running there and she was surprised when she saw Sana. What? 

" Unnie, what had- what had happened? "

Tzuyu couldn't believe her eyes. Sana's black and red dress was covered with blood of both Gods and Monsters. Her eyes were filled with darkness and- and she could even feel the evilness coming from Sana. This was no way.

" Unnie."

" Tzuyu-ah, I think everything went wrong. I couldn't control this. I couldn't control myself."

" No. No."

" Do you know how many people I killed? I couldn't count but there were a lot of bodies around me. I was covered with sin. I am not a God anymore. I became- I became a demon."

" No!!!!!!!! "

Tzuyu shouted. And she understood why Chaeyoung sent Sana here. The Dark Abyss, the entrance to the Dark world. No one would think they were here.

" Chaeng told me to run and cured this darkness. She stayed there to spare time. But it was useless. There was no turning point here. I have fallen into darkness already."

" No, unnie. Chaeng's right. We can find a way to cure you."

Tzuyu said and she tries to move but Sana stops her with her hand.

" No, my sin is too big. It couldn't be undone. I must repay. Tzuyu-ah, my baby. Look at me."

Tzuyu stared at Sana. Her eyes became teary as she knows what Sana was about to do.

" I'm sorry."

Sana said and she raised her hand, attacking herself. Tzuyu jumped to her and she stopped the attack.

" No, unnie, I can't let you die."

" You have to."

Sana's eyes turn dark and she continued trying to kill herself. Tzuyu also used her power to stop Sana and the two started fighting.

Tzuyu could feel how powerful Sana had become and she knew she was not a match to her now. But she was trying her best to stop Sana.

" Go now, Tzuyu."

" No!! "

Tzuyu called her guquin and she started playing it, throwing energy waves to Sana. Sana stopped all the forces with her flute and the two forces collide, sending both of them to back.

" Sana unnie!!!!! "

But it seemed Sana really didn't stop the forces. She threw up some blood from and she moves backwards two steps. She was now standing at the edge of the Abyss.

" Unnie, be careful."

Tzuyu shouted. Sana smiled at her.

" Tzuyu-ah, I'm sorry. I have made you disappointed."

" No. You are not."

"  A demon like me shouldn't exist. I'll try to repay you if there was still another afterlife for me."

Sana said before she threw herself backwards into the Abyss.

" No!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Tzuyu shouted and she jumped towards the Abyss trying to grab Sana's hand. But she was a little late and Sana's hand slipped away from hers. And the only thing she grabbed was Sana's flute. 

" Unnie, hold on. I'll pull you up."

Tzuyu said quickly like a fool. She could see the fire under the base of the Abyss. No, she couldn't let Sana fall down into this. Tzuyu tried to use more forces and pull up Sana but the later looked up her with a smile.

" Stop now, Tzuyu-ah. Don't waste your powers anymore."

" Unnie."

" I'm glad that I could meet you."

Tzuyu could feel the heat from the bottom of the Abyss coming up to the top. Her body was covered with sweat and her arm was killing her due to the load she was holding but she couldn't let go of Sana.

" Try to come up."

Tzuyu said but Sana shaked her head.

" Let me go, Tzuyu-ah."

Tzuyu felt like her world stopped at that time. Sana was keep smiling all the time. Her face was covered with blood and her eyes were turning black but Tzuyu could see the sparkling light that Sana had for her was there in her eyes.

" Saranghae."

Sana whispered and she let go of the flute that she was holding.

" Sana unnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Tzuyu shouted as Sana falling down into the Abyss. The flute was left in her hand and the hand that was holding the flute was trembling too much due to the pain she was suffering now.

" Sana unnie!!!!!!!!!!! "

 

 

 

 

" Tzuyu-ah."

Sana whispers and she opens her eyes. There is no Tzuyu. And she is not at the Abyss. She looks around and she finds that she is lying in a comfortable bed.

" Ah."

She tries to sit but her head is hit with something and she blinks two times as her eyes are still blurry. Oh, she is lying in a glass box. Sana uses some forces and she pushes the lid on her head, sits up and jumps out from there.

" Ah, my legs."

She doesn't know how many hours she has been sleeping but her legs seem they are still under processing. She can't stand still so she has to hold the glass box beside her as a support.

Wait, It is not a box. It is a coffin.

" Who the hell put me inside a coffin? "

" Because this is the only bed we have here."

" What the- "

Sana jumps up in surprise when she hears a voice from her back all of a sudden. There is a woman sitting on the throne with a brown dog on her lap. She is busy with caressing his fur but her eyes are on Sana. She is staring at Sana with a smirk on her face.

" Sorry, I didn't see you."

" It's fine. I'm glad that you wake up finally at the end."

Sana nods and she smiles at her.

" I'm sorry if I have caused you troubled. But can I know how many hours I have been sleeping? "

Sana asks and she feels weird by looking at the woman's expression. Sana raises her eyebrows and asks again.

" Or may be I was sleeping for days? "

Finally, the woman laughs. She stands up and the rim of her black soft silky dress falls down to the floor. The dog runs to Sana and he is and sniffing her feet as a greeting.

The woman in black is still wearing her smirk and Sana feels like something is wrong. She walks to Sana and finally she is just in front. Sana stares at her dark eyes and she stares back. And she puts her both hands on Sana's shoulders.

" You have been sleeping for a hundred years."

A hundred years? A hundred years. 

Sana eyes widen, is opened wide. Her body becomes stiff. She is in her shock now. The woman in black continues.

" Now, our sleeping beauty has woken up and I can't wait to listen your story."

Sana looks at her in confusion. The woman smiles at her widely.

" Welcome to Hell, by the way. I am the Master of Hell, Momo. And this is my son, Boo who is also your rescuer."

What? Hell? Sana widens her eyes.