Chapter 3

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

This is the second day at the University Dorming life. Chaeyeon opens her eyes when the sunlight enters the room by the window. Hmmm, her roommate might open it.

Chaeyeon thinks and she extends her body for stretching exercise. They are living in a medium room which has a two-layered beds, two tables for their study and a bathroom. They even have a small coffee table near the big window.

Last night, when they have to transfer to this room, Chaeyeon found that her roommate is a nice girl with kind and good attitude. Her name is Kwon Eunbi who has a shoulder length blonde locks and a pair of doe-eyes. Her smile is the best when she shows her small cute teeth and this is all Chaeyeon knows for now as they were very tired after they had settled their things. 

Chaeyeon let Eunbi sleep on the upper bed and she chose to stay at under because she doesn't want Eunbi notice whenever she needs to sneak out of the room to meet Hyewon at nights.

Speaking of her, Chaeyeon looks around and there is no sign of Eunbi in the room. May be she is out for school. Oh, I have to go to school, too.

Chaeyeon thinks and she gets out from the bed. After she has done her morning routines, she changes her clothes into something that she found on a large advertisement board yesterday with her power.

She smiles at her own reflection in the mirror and she comes out from the room to go to school where her partner Hyewon will be waiting for her. 

" Yah, Lee Chaeyeon, what took you too long to get here? "

Hyewon said as soon as she sees her bestfriend. Chaeyeon is surprised when she notices that Hyewon has dark circles around her eyes. Her hair is messy and she is still wearing the same as yesterday. She looks at her friend from head to toe and shakes her head.

" Didn't you get any sleep last night? "

" No! How can I? My roommate is a nightmare and she was talking to her girlfriend called Yena all night."

" Oh."

Chaeyeon raises her eyebrows feeling bad for her friend. Hyewon keeps complaining about her roommate and Chaeyeon feels really thankful to her roommate in her mind.

At that time, a very fancy Pink car drives into the school compound which draws everyone's attention. Both Hyewon and Chaeyeon also look at the car and it stops at the parking lot.

" What kind of fool is driving it? "

The car door is opened and two people come out from the car. They both are wearing too much for a normal school day and they even look like models or actresses from drama.

" Yeah, I don't think they are students."

To their surprise, that two person walk straight to them and everyone's attention is on them now. Chaeyeon and Hyewon look at each other but they have no idea of who they are.

The shorter lady with a wide glowing forehead takes off her sunglasses and smiles at them.

" Hello, officers. It's really nice to meet you."

She said and the two Semi-gods feel their goosebumps on their arms.

The next thing they know is that they are now in the school canteen and sitting at the most corner table so that the others will not hear them. But a few pairs of eyes are still on them and Chaeyeon and Hyewon feel really ashamed now.

" Aham, so you know us. What are you? The local Gods? "

Hyewon starts the conversation and the taller woman shakes her head. She also removes her sunglasses and crosses her arms while staring at them with an amusing look.

" No, we are not Gods."

" So you are monsters? "

Hyewon and Chaeyeon feel anxious and they are not sure that they should talk to them or not. But the two are laughing at them now making them more confused.

" Yah, why are you laughing? "

The lady with the glowing forehead chuckles and she slaps the other woman's arm as she is laughing hard more. 

" Im Nayeon, it's hurt."

" Arasso. Minahae. But this two are so funny. They are really dumb."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon stare at them and they are thinking hard of what they can be. They are not Gods. They are not Demons. So they are-

" Yin-Yang."

The two young Semi-gods said in unison and the Yin-Yang seem they are satisfied now. 

" Yep. We are. This town is in our protection so we came here to greet you."

" And you can ask us for help if you need."

" But we will not help you as this is out of our rules. You know, we can't get into others' Fate."

" But we can give really small helps if you need."

" Yeah, like giving advices. Hehehe."

The two are talking by themselves and Chaeyeon and Hyewon are just looking at them with wide open mouths. They are staring at them for a minute before Chaeyeon said,

" No, thank you."

" Huh? "

" Yeah, we are just fine."

Hyewon also joins her friend as they both know this is not a good idea to take advice from Yin-Yang. They seem they are bullies. The disappointment on their faces can be clearly seen when they refuse their offer.

" Well, indeed, we have a very nice plan."

" But if you are saying No, how can we help you? What a pity."

" Ummm, we are fine. We can handle this by ourselves."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon are talking to each other with their eyes and Yin-Yang nod.

" Alright. If you say so, we will leave you two alone."

" But, here."

They put a card which has a symbol of Yin-Yang on it on the table in front of them.

" This is our business card. Call us if you need help."

" Ummm, ok. Thank you."

" Bye bye."

As they are watching, the glowing forehead lady links her arm to the stylish taller one and they two leave the school compound with their car.

" I've never seen a Yin-Yang duo before. They are more weird then we have heard about them."

" Yeah, they are really something. And my sixth sense is telling me not to trust them."

The two friends decide to contact the Light World telling them about Yin-Yang so they walk to the nearest toilet and enter into one cabinet.

Both Chaeyeon and Hyewon puts their index and middle fingers on their right temple and connect to the telepathy circle.

" Hey, hello, is there anyone? Minju-sshi? "

" Hello, Hyewon-sshi, what can I help you? "

They both hear Minju's voice. Hyewon explains about Yin-Yang and Minju sighs.

" Well, you two have learnt that Yin-Yang are not trustable. And in the way you said, they seem to be more unreliable."

" Yes, should we proceed our investigation? "

" Of course. Yin-Yang never attack or destroy Gods' business. Plus they can't do this to both Gods and Demons. Their powers are limited to use on hurting others so don't worry about them. It seemed they just wanted to check on you."

" Nae, we understand."

" By the way, how's your dorming life? "

Minju asks and Hyewon frowns.

" That Human is crazy and talkative. I couldn't get any sleep last night. And I wonder how I should sneak out without being caught."

" But my roommate is nice. She is kind, feminine and beautiful."

" Who is she? "

Suddenly, when Chaeyeon talks, Sakura suddenly joins the conversation.

" Hi, Kura."

" Hi, Kang-chan. Is Chaeyeon's roommate really beautiful and kind? "

" No, she is just a clumsy bunny."

Hyewon said and she is laughing at her own joke. Chaeyeon shakes her head and she talks.

" So, this is all for now. We are out. Bye."

" Wait. Wait. Jjaeyeon."

But Chaeyeon disconnects herself from the telepathy circle and Hyewon also said Bye before she disconnects too.

" Clumsy bunny? Huh? "

" Yeah, she is. If it is not because of her, I would not be ended with a crazy human."

Hyewon said with a pout and Chaeyeon laughs at her friend. And she also wonders why this childish partner of hers is her bestfriend.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                       xxx

 

 

 

 

500 years ago...

There was a country which was also known as the Golden Land. It was a rich country and everyone in the country was happy and healthy as they had no worry at all. They were a peaceful kingdom that everyone loved to live in.

The crown princess of the country was named Mina Myoui. She was the only daughter to the King and the Queen so they loved her very much. Not only this, the people also loved their beautiful elegant kind Princess so much.

One day, the Princess was out from the Palace to visit the Royal Garden. She loved to come here often. There were various kinds of flowers in the Garden and this was her favourite place in the whole country.

Princess Mina loved to scroll around alone as she wanted to spend her peaceful time. So, she told her servants and bodyguards to do whatever they wanted and she walked alone in the Garden with a book to read.

She sees the biggest Myrtle tree in the Garden and decided to sit under it. She remembered that it was not the time that the flowers blooming. She wondered why it was beautifully colred with pink flowers.

Princess Mina is about to sit on the ground when the tree suddenly shakes and the flowers fall from the trees to the ground.

Princess Mina was surprised and she looks up, she saw nothing but the different sizes of Myrtle flowers falling from the tree like it was a flower rain. 

" You shouldn't sit on the ground. Your clothes will be dirty. Sit on the flowers carpet, instead."

She heard a voice nearby and then a shadow came out behind the tree. Princess looked at her and found that she was a tiny girl who was wearing a dress in snowy white. She was holding a branch of tree in her hand, playing with it. Her hair is flowing in the air but Princess Mina can see the bamboo helmet that she has tied on her back.

She was shorter than Mina. Her body is tiny yet well-built. Her baby-like face and her dimple smile were telling Princess Mina that she was not a bad person so Mina decided to talk to that stranger.

" What are you doing in the Royal Garden? Who are you? Don't you know that you can't speak directly to the Princess? "

" Oh."

She raised one of her eyebrows and then she realised that the one she was talking to was the infamous Crown Princess. The flowers from the Myrtle tree were still falling on them and it even looked like the scene from the poems in her book.

As she is staring, the stranger bowed her.

" Please forgive me, Princess. I just wanted your dress not to be ruined. And I'm your new Gardener."

" .... "

That person stands up straight again and she continues.

" Princess, do you know that Myrtle tree is connected to Love? I purprosely grow it well for you so that you can get more love from your people."

She said with the most innocent and brightest smile.

 

 

Mina looks up the Myrtle tree above her. The flowers are blooming on it but it is not the same her Gardener made for her.

At that time, the wind blows gently and some of the flowers fall from the tree. Mina extends her hand and touches the flower petals with her palm. Most of the flowers fall to the ground but there is only one flower left on her palm.

Mina bites her inner cheek and she grabs the flower in her palm gently.

" I promise I will take revenge on every single God who made you like this. I promise."

She is talking to herself. She has been taking wins over all 100 Gods who she thought that they were guilty. She even got the title Nature Master Demon King because of that incidence but she really doesn't care. She will find more who dare to touch her and will punish them in her own way.

" I promise I will. Then I'll come find you. Chaeyoungie."

The breeze around her seems to understand her. He runs around her body twice before he carries this promise with him and takes it to the whole world along his journey.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

" Here. Here."

Tzuyu is walking around the library and she is checking on her Semi-Gods students when she hears something. She looks at the direction and a group of Semi-gods are sitting in a circle with a book in their hand.

" This is the book of punishment. And this book has the Legend about our teacher, Chou Tzuyu."

Tzuyu furrows her eyebrows. But she decides to listen to them first so she said nothing and continues listening to them.

" It was 100 years ago, our teacher had a couple of friends. One of them was called Minatozaki Sana who turned into a Demon."

" The Demon? Wow."

" Yes, she tried to learn the Dark Power because she wanted to be the most powerful but unfortunately, she took the wrong side and turned into a Demon. She killed a lot of Gods who tried to arrest her. The Emperor decided to arrest her with her own hands and she was almost caught but there was a traitor among the Gods."

The students are listening to him carefully.

" That nasty traitor, Son Chaeyoung, also known as the Flowery God was afraid to die and she opened the Grand Gate for the Demon. And the Demon was escaped."

" How awful."

" Yes, our teacher followed her and she killed the Demon. That's why she became the great successful person she is now. She is very good at martial arts. She can even fight against a powerful demon at her young age."

" She is so cool."

" Yes, the Emperor was very angry with the Flowery God and she put the Sending Punishment on her."

" I wonder what she is doing now."

" May be growing flowers on Human World, crying at night to come back here like a coward she is."

" What are you doing? "

Tzuyu can't hear anything anymore so she stops the students. It is very funny to see their scared faces but Tzuyu has no mood to laugh so she keeps wearing her straight and strict face.

" It is not the time for Stories. Go study now."

" Nae."

The students bow at her and they leave the place quickly. Tzuyu inhales and she waves her hand, picking up the book on the ground. She stares at the page which is opened and the tiny girl in the book is smiling at her.

She is wearing her snowy white dress with a stick in her hand. The bamboo helmet is tied on her back and she is as simple as she is. The Myrtle flowers are falling in the background as it is her symbol.

" The Flowery God Son Chaeyoung."

Tzuyu doesn't want to see the words, Traitor or Coward anymore so she closes the book in haste.

The real Son Chaeyoung, who even doesn't have any weapon except the weak tree branch in her hand is the bravest person she knows. But she can't change the others' opinion on her bestfriend.

" I'm sorry, Chaeng. But I promise I'll take you back here one day."

Tzuyu bites her lower lip and she puts the book back on the shelf.