Chapter 16

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

The night...

It is too quiet and the only sound you can hear is the crickets shouting from their lungs. The moonlight is falling upon the narrow path which leads to the hut built at the base of the hill.

The Soul Master, Shotaru is still sitting in the hut and drinking alone. But he is feeling better after he has given his life ash to Yin-Yang. He feel safe.

* footsteps *

" Who's there? "

Shotaru hears a sound and he asks. No one answers but he knows something is wrong so he decides to check the surrounding. The Soul Master stands up, taking the bottle with him as he walks out with drunken steps.

" Who are you? "

He finds that there is a figure standing in front. That figure walks slowly towards him and Shotaru is surprised to see an old man.

" Hello, Soul Master."

" You- "

The Soul Master is staring at him with wide eyes. The man has very unique eyes. One is purple while the other is Golden. He is grinning at him with his broken teeth and Shotaru feels weird. This man is up to no good.

" What do you want from me? "

" Boy, have you ever heard about the legend? The Destoryer will rise every 1000 years with the Power of Light and Dark. Hehehehhehe."

" You are the Destroyer."

The old man nods slowly and he raises his arms in the air.

" Yes, today, I'll take the Power of Dark."

Shotaru laughs while he puts his hands behind his back. Well, his life ash is not with him so he can't be killed. He has nothing to worry now.

" Destroyer or not, I don't care. You can't kill me."

" Are you sure? "

The man said as he shows something from his hand. The necklace with the crescent moon pendant is moving like a pendulum clock in the air and Shotaru widens his eyes.

" How- how you- "

" Did you really think that stupid people like Yin-Yang can stop me? These fools are the easiest to handle."

Shotaru can't say a word. He can feel that sweats are forming on his forehead in the cold night. He tightens his fist till his nails pierce through his skin.

" You will be dead."

" Let's see."

" Yahhhhhhhhhhh."

The Soul Master starts attacking the old man with all his force but the man is easily avoiding his attack just by an inch. He even smirks while he is playing with the Soul Master.

" My turn."

He suddenly grabs Shotaru's arm, making him losing his balance. Shotaru feels like his heart stops beating. The man grins and he raises his right hand, using his long nails as weapon which pierce through the Soul Master's chest.

" Ahhhhhh."

The Soul Master's eyes are widen as if he can't believe what is happening. He looks at the man while the man uses more force so that his hand now passes through the body wall to the other side.

His eyes becomes crazy as he uses his other hand to press the pendant, crashing it till the ashes fall on the ground and scattered. Shotaru is shaking from head to toe and his face is showing a painful expression.

The old man pulls out his hand from the Soul Master's chest and Shotaru vomits blood clots from his mouth. He looks at the man with strange eyes and falls on the ground, saying goodbye to the world.

At that time, a strong earthquake happens in 3 Realms at the same time. The man raises his hands in the air as Shotaru's life ashes run inside his body. He is laughing loudly as a crazy man while looking up the sky.

" Hahahaha, the Destroyer is back!!!! Hahahahhhahaa."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                      xxx

 


 

 

" Gumiho, come out!! "

Chaeyoung commands as her eyes are scanning the whole area. Mina is leaning against a tree nearby and she is watching Chaeyoung with her arms crossed. They both hear something moving fast from side and Chaeyoung takes a step to the back.

Luckily, a shadow passed through the previous place Chaeng was standing and then, there is a very beautiful girl standing in front of them. She is wearing a white tee with white long skirt. Her skin is pale and her black hair is tied behind.

She is looking at Chaeyoung with a smirk.

" What a hottie God wants from me? "

" You- "

Chaeyoung tighten her grip on her stick. But the Gumiho moves very quickly to Chaeyoung and she is now putting one of her hands on Chaeyoung's shoulder while the other one is pulling Chaeyoung's chin up with her nail.

" Wae? Are you blushing??? Hmmm?? Awwww, cute."

" Put your y hands away from her."

Suddenly, Mina said with a very cold tone and Gumiho notices that there is another person except them. She seemed to be surprised at first then her smirks appears again. 

" So, the rumors are true indeed. The Nature Master is hanging out with a trash God."

" Huh? "

Chaeyoung is surprised and she looks at Mina in confusion. Mina gives a quick worried glance at Chaeyoung but she shifts her gaze back to Gumiho like nothing happens.

" Don't use that kind of words again."

Mina sounds like a warning and Gumiho is taken aback but she moves away from Chaeyoung quickly again.

" I am such a curious old woman. Please forgive me, Master."

Chaeyoung remembers the butterflies that she saw everytime. This was Mina. This was Mina all the time. Then, what did she really want? She seemed to be a good person. Then why she was hanging out with me? Chaeyoung thinks her head is nearly exploded due to overthinking.

" Then, I'm minding my own business. Excuse me., Master, Trash God."

" No!! You can't go now. You are a criminal. I have to arrest you."

Chaeyoung said and the Gumiho frowns. She looks at their master and asks for help.

" Master, can you tell her- "

" You insulted her by words. You need to be punished."

" What?! "

Gumiho seems she is angry. She realises that she has no choice left so she decides to fight and takes a chance to run away. She bends her body and sets on four like an animal. The nine tails appear and she is now in her Gumiho form.

Chaeyoung tightens her grip on the stick she is carrying and flowers start to bloom on it. She remembers that it will be unfair if Mina helps her so she turns to Mina and whispers.

" Don't help me, Minari."

" Arasso, Chaeyoungie."

Mina said with her warm smile and Gumiho splits in disgust.

" I hate lovebirds!!!! "

She shouts and throws herself onto Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung moves to the side for one step and avoid the attack but her face is red in blushing.

" Don't- don't say like that. We are just friends."

" Whatever."

Chaeyoung starts attacking the Gumiho back as the later keeps using her claws and trying to tear Chaeyoung into pieces. Mina wants to help Chaeyoung as she is worried for the God but the Flowery God has told her not to help. How can she disobey Chaeyoung? So she is just standing and watching the battle, taking ready to kick Gumiho if it is necessary.

Chaeyoung is using the stick like a sword. As the battle becomes stronger, the claws attacks become more cruel and fast. Chaeyoung has to take extra-care. At one time, she has a chance and she uses this to move to the Gumiho's back, hitting her with her stick.

" Ahhh."

The Gumiho falls down on the ground and passes out. Chaeyoung can now let out a deep breathe and she wipes the sweats on her forehead with her hand.

" Ahhh, it's been a very long I had a battle. Luckily, I won. Hehe."

" You are the best fighter, Chaeyoungie."

Mina said as she makes her way to Chaeyoung to check if she is hurt. Chaeyoung now realises why she can't feel Mina's heartbeat. She is the dead. She is the Master from the Dark World. It is embarrassing that she has talked so many stupid things to her.

At that time, the Gumiho is awake in secret and she takes a peek at Michaeng who seem to be in their own thoughts. She uses this chance to crawl on the ground and throws herself over Mina, trying to attack her from the back.

" Minari!!!! "

Chaeyoung doesn't have time to think twice. She pulls Mina and switches their positions, so that the claws of the Gumiho, fall on her back.

" Ahhh."

" Go die, Trash God."

" How dare you-!! "

Mina's eyes go dark and she disappears in front of Chaeyoung. She appears again beside the Gumiho, grabbing her by the neck and picking her up from the ground.

" Minari, no!! "

Chaeyoung has to kneel down on the ground due to the pain but she tries to stop Mina from killing the Gumiho.

" Killing is not the answer. Please put her down."

Gumiho's eyes are wide and they seem they are about to pop out from the sockets. Her legs are moving in the air and her hands are holding on Mina's chocking hand on .

" Minari, please."

Chaeyoung begs and Mina's eyes become soft as if she is controlled. She throws Gumiho to the ground and the later is now breathing heavily on the ground while rubbing her neck.

" I told you I'll handle her."

Chaeyoung whispers. Mina sighs and she kneels in front of Chaeyoung.

" But she talked bad things about you. It's unforgivable."

Chaeyoung looks at Mina and she tries to smile at her.

" I'll take care of her from now on."

Chaeyoung whispers something and her stick turns into a rope which flies to the Gumiho and ties her down on the ground. She uses a lot of Power today so she feels dizzy and about to fall so Mina has to hold her.

" Hey, hey."

" I'm fine."

" Let me see your wound."

Mina offers and she checks Chaeyoung's back which has three claws injuries present. But Mina is surprised to see another thing on Chaeyoung's back.

" Minari, wae? "

Chaeyoung asks as she finds that Mina's face changes. Mina looks at her and she whipers.

" There is another cursed spell on your back."

" What?! I only had one cursed spell. It was on my wrist and it was removed already. Why I have another one? "

Chaeyoung doesn't understand a thing. She is really confused about another Cursed spell on her back. But Mina seems she knows something.

" I think it is related with your lost memories."

Mina whispers as she uses her palm to heal the wound. Chaeyoung can feel the energy coming from Mina's palm.

And Mina is right. That must be why she can't remember a thing about her real Past. Something might have happened. But what is it?

" You are not using your real true Power, you know? You are much stronger. You are not a trash God."

Mina continues whispering while she is healing Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung is confused. Why Mina is knowing these things.

" Why you are knowing things about me? What really are you, Minari? Tell me."

Chaeyoung said and Mina looks at her with her dark eyes. Her eyes seem they are telling something but Chaeyoung has no idea at all. Mina finally sighs and she removes her palm back from Chaeyoung.

" You should ask the Emperor by yourself."

" Emperor? "

Chaeyoung waits Mina to tell more but the later stands up and looks away. Chaeyoung sighs and she follows Mina and stands beside her.

" Alright. It's ok if you don't want to tell me. But help me one more thing."

Chaeyoung said and Mina looks at her.

" I have no power left to contact to the Light World. Can you lend me some? "

" Huh? "

Chaeyoung feels embarrassed to say like this so she keeps looking at her toes. But Mina can see her red eartips. The Nature Master laughs and she suddenly moves closer to Chaeyoung and pulls her up by her chin.

" What- "

Before Chaeyoung can finish her words, she feels a warm touch on her forehead and so she closes her eyes in fear. What? Is Mina kissing her forehead? But before she can think more, Mina moves away herself from Chaeyoung.

" How? Is it enough? I can give you more if you need. It is the fastest way to lend Power."

Mina said with her gummy smile and Chaeyoung checks herself. The Power are even more than she needs. Chaeyoung turns around to hide her red face and whispers Thank You before she walks away to make a call to the Light World.

At that time, the ground shakes strongly and both Mina and Chaeyoung take balance their bodies not to fall. The earthquake is strong. It is too strong that it seems the 3 realms are shaken.

" What is it? "

Chaeyoung said but Mina is looking up the sky. Chaeyoung follows her gaze and she finds that the Northen Star is shining in flaming red. She looks at Mina in confusion and Mina sighs.

" A new Master is born. It means a friend has already said Goodbye."

" A new Master? "

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                       xxx

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu takes a glance at Sana who is sitting not far away from her. She is digging on the ground with a stick she saw and thinking about something.

" Sana unnie? "

" Hmm? "

" Are you angry with me? "

Sana looks at Tzuyu. She then sighs and shakes her head.

" No, but I am worried. They will find out about me soon. If they know that you are having an affair with me, they will kick you off from the sky."

" I don't care. And don't worry. We will find a way."

Tzuyu said and she moves closer to Sana, grabbing her hand. The Demon girl looks at the God and Tzuyu nods at her.

At that time, the rock that has been closing the cave is removed and both Tzuyu and Sana have to cover their eyes with their hands due to the light.

" Let her go, you demon!!!! "

Suddenly, they hear a shout from outside and Tzuyu recognizes that that owner of the voice is Yujin. She shakes her head and she is about to go out but Sana has already made her way out.

" Don't be scared. And don't think wrong about me. I don't want to harm anyone."

Sana said as she is putting her hands in the air and comes out. Tzuyu follows her and she finds that the Boar Monster is tied down on the ground already. The kids are good, she thinks.

But they seem they are wrong thinking about Sana. They have prepared their weapons to fight and circling Sana. Sana sighs. She is sick of this already.

At that time, they hear something moving and a shadow jumps down from the tree, standing in front of the kids and facing Sana.

" Princess! "

Both Sana and Tzuyu said in unison. Jihyo seems she is determined and her eyes never leave Sana. She signals the kids to back off and talks to Sana.

" You have nowhere to run away. Let Tzuyu go. And surrender. I don't want to fight you."

" Princess, Sana unnie didn't kidnap me! "

Tzuyu tries to help Sana but Sana shakes her head, signaling her to shut up. Jihyo also glares at her and she is sending warning shots with her eyes. 

At that time, many guards appear from everywhere and they are taking places, circling Sana. Sana looks around and she knows she has no choice left. Jihyo confirms herself.

" Sana-ah, let's stop. Surrender."

Sana looks at her old friend. She wants to say something but the flute in her hand is telling her opposite. Sana bites her lip and she suddenly jumps in the air, waving her flute, sending an energy wave from it.

" All down!! "

Jihyo shouts and she uses her both palms to stop the energy wave. The wave moves to her palms and becomes an energy ball which Jihyo throws back to Sana. Sana avoids it and it hits the cave, crashing it down.

" You are making things hard, Sana."

Sana doesn't listen and she raises her hand, ready to play the flute. Jihyo takes the Thunder struck from her belt and she starts throwing thunder at Sana to which Sana avoids like a pro while she starts playing the melody.

" Sana unnie, no!!!!! "

Tzuyu doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want Sana to play the melody. But at the same time, she doesn't want Sana to be hurt by Jihyo. Tzuyu also waves her hand and calls her guqin. She then plays it too to match the melody with Sana.

" What the hell are you doing?! "

Jihyo said but Tzuyu is focus on the melody only.

" I'm trying to stop her."

The melody becomes high and the Power coming from it is too strong that the Guards have to cover their ears. Jihyo orders them to move away and she keeps looking at Tzuyu and Sana playing notes and having an energy war.

As the melody goes deeper, a tornado appears around Sana and she slowlys rises in the air while playing the flute. Jihyo is worried for Tzuyu and she is about to help her but something strange starts happening.

Sana's appearance starts changing while playing the flute. Her outfits becomes a Black robe with red lines and her flame-like hair is tied at her back with a ribbon. But she seems she is too lost in her playing the melody and doesn't aware of these things.

Tzuyu is also surprised but she knows that she is helping Sana so she keeps playing along with her. At that time, the 3 Realms have a very strong earthquake but Sana seems she doesn't know a thing.

The melody ends finally and Sana lands on the ground again. She opens her eyes slowly when her feet touch the ground.

They are all black. And they are as empty as an abyss. 

" This is my first time finishing the melody."

Sana said. Jihyo is staring at her in shock then she looks up the sky.

" The Northen Star."

She whispers. They all can see that the Northen Star is shining in red. Jihyo looks at Sana in disbelief.

" You are-"

Sana looks her back in confusion, too.

" Yes, you killed a lot 100 years ago and it was enough to fulfill the requirement. And when you finish the melody, it changed you."

" I am changed into what? "

Jihyo seems she is terrified.

" The black eyes, the flaming hair, the Raven robe with red lines, thousand of lives as sacrifices. Minatozaki Sana, you are the new Soul Master."

" Huh? "

" Soul Master."