Chapter 12

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

Chaeyoung wakes up and she looks beside her, but Mina is not there. Hmmmm, where is she? May be she is out for somewhere to go. She said she lived here, did she?  Chaeyoung thinks and she extends her four limbs to stretch.

At that time, the bathroom door is opened and Mina comes out. Their eyes meet and Mina seems she is surprised to see Chaeyoung stretching her limbs in the most relaxing way.

Chaeyoung is embarrassed and her face turns red immediately. She quickly sits up on the bed and Mina seems she is trying hard not to laugh out loud.

" Aham, you woke up early? "

" Yeah, Good morning."

They awkwardly said and Chaeyoung stands up, Mina moves to the side so that Chaeyoung can use the bathroom. Chaeyoung comes out after she has done with her morning routine. And her face turns red when she notices that Mina has been watching her with an amusing smile on her face.

" Waeyo? "

" Nothing. I have somewhere to go. We can go check the church when I come back."

" Imm."

Mina nods and she leaves the room. Chaeyoung climbs back on the bed and she browses her twitter, checking about random things. But she gets bored after a few minutes and she decides to go around here.

She comes down to outside and checks the surrounding. The town seems to be a peaceful one. It seems it has no problem. Then why the Dark Power rose all of a sudden? And no one got hurt? 

Chaeyoung suddenly remembers something. She walks to a quiet place and picks up a stick on the ground. Then she turns it into her magical weapon before she slaps the ground with it.

" I summond the Guardian of this town."

She orders and a small tornado appears in front of her. And a man comes out from it. He is in a mess, his hair is messy, his clothes are dirty and he seems he is in depression mode.

" What do you need, my lord? "

He said but he is not interested in Chaeyoung at all. Chaeyoung frowns but she has to ask him about the things she wants to know first.

" I'm coming from the Light World. We got a report that there was a huge amount of Dark Power rising here. Did you notice something? Did someone hurt? "

" No, not at all."

He answers in a drunken way and Chaeyoung raises her eyebrows not sure if she should trust him. And she asks him something in reflex.

" What's with your look? You don't even look like a Guardian. What's the matter? "

" I- I'm just heartbreaking."

" Yes? "

" I died 10 years ago. I am too attached to my family and I can't get out of this town even though I have many Good credits. That's why I can't reach to the Light World and became a Guardian here. I tried to go and meet them everyday but I am not powerful like you, so, I can't even go and meet them in their dreams."

" You had a family? "

" Of course, everyone has a family. Even you had your own family and life story before you became a God, right? "

He said and Chaeyoung opens to say something but she closes it again as she has lost her words. He shakes his head and stamps on the ground, making a tornado and disappears from Chaeyoung's sight.

" He had a life before he became a guardian. And I might had a life too before I became a God. What is my story? "

She tries to think but she doesn't remember a thing. Her brain is like a sponge when she is trying hard to think about it and nothing comes out from it.

" Ahh."

" Chaeyoungie! "

Chaeyoung suddenly feels headache and she has to sit on the ground while holding her head. Mina appears from nowhere and she runs to her holding her both arms as a support.

" Are you ok? "

" Nae, I'm good."

" C'm on."

Mina helps her to stand up again and Chaeyoung shakes her head a few times to drive away the dizziness and headache. Mina is still worriedly looking at her and so Chaeyoung tries to smile at her.

" I'm fine. I'm fine."

" Arasso. Shall we go? "

The two walk along the road up to the hill and they finally reach to the church. It is a small one with no one inside. Chaeyoung can say that many people not often comes here as they can see dusts on the benches and floor.

" Take your time."

Mina said and Chaeyoung nods. They look around the church and search for the clues but there is no sign of evil here. Chaeyoung sighs.

" Waeyo? You seem you are not in the mood."

Mina breaks the silence. Chaeyoung looks at her and is thinking of should she talk about it or not. But she really needs to talk to someone right now so she decides to make a try.

" Mina, do you have your past? I mean do you have a life before? "

" Of course, I do. I did have a life."

" Really? Then why don't I remember a thing about myself. I only remembered about things when I woke up at the Gate of the Light World for the first time. I thought all Gods have no Past. But I just found that we all were someone before we became us today."

" Yes, we all were someone before we became us today."

Mina repeats what Chaeyoung has said and Chaeyoung looks at her with sad eyes. Mina widens her eyes.

" Wae? Did I say something wrong? "

" No, but I- I don't have any Past. I mean they are all blank. I tried to think hard but there is nothing. I don't have any Past."

" There is no one who has no Past. May be you are forgetting it by some reasons."

" Hmmm."

" Since we find nothing here, what about we change our mission? What about we find your Past? "

Mina suggests out of blue and Chaeyoung looks at her.

" Can we do this? I mean, do you think I really had a Past? "

" Yes, I do."

Mina said and Chaeyoung smiles brightly. 

" Yes."

But her face changes and she looks at Mina again.

" But where I should start? I have no idea at all."

" Hmm, don't Light World have a library or data storage? "

" Library? "


 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                        cxx

 

 

 

 

100 years...

100 years, Sana unnie. It's beeen 100 years. Do you know how I have to spend these years? You will laugh at me if I tell you about these stories.

10 years, I did not do anything. Chaeyoung was gone and so did you. I don't remember how I spent my days and nights. All I did were thinking about you and regreting that I didn't reply when you said Saranghae.

20 years, I still refused to go out. I locked myself up in my house. I know Dahyun unnie was in front of the house everyday but I refused to meet her too. I read books and tried to find what kind of Dark magic he used on you and how to reverse it. Unfortunately, I failed.

30 years, Princess Jihyo came to me everyday and she tried to cheer me up. Sometimes, she said like I was going to be kicked off from the Light World if I continue stay like this. But I really didn't care. And they didn't kick me off either.

40 years, I suddenly changed. I didn't know what was into me but I went to the Throne Room meeting one day and took every mission they gave starting from that day. I spent all days and nights to kill the monsters.

50 years, they called me War God, Chou Tzuyu the deadly Guqin. But they never knew that I has another weapon in my pocket that I took with me everywhere I went. Yes, it was your flute.

60 years,I left the Light World. I walked around the Human World and tried to take informations about you. But no one knew who Minatozaki Sana was. They would be really surprised if they found out that she was a very beautiful woman.

70 years, the Emperor sent the Guards to take me back to the Light World. There was a new Master called Shotaru and he became a problem to everyone. So, I had to come back to Light World to face him. We fought everytime we met but he was like a spoilt kid. I bet you wanna kick his if you saw him.

80 years, that Shotaru became stable and he didn't make too many troubles. And the Emperor made me as a Mentor. I had to train the Semi-gods. You know, it feels really hurt to see them. They remind me of you. Especially these two, Chaeyeon and Hyewon. They were as playful as you did.

90 years, I never left the Light World. I also gave up on finding you. It was hard to accept that you would never come back. And I also wanted to know what you were now. May be you are reborn in Human World. But I was forbidden to ask for informations from the communication tower about you.

100 years, I spent all my free time playing my Guqin while looking at the Moon and thinking about you. Only alcohol can make friends with me. I don't care what people think about me but I never think loving you is a sin. I miss you, Sana unnie.

" Ms.Chou. We are ready to go."

Tzuyu opens her eyes from her meditation and she nods at her students. She stands up and takes the riffle that she has leaned on the wall and the five of us leave the village.

The villagers seem they are worried for them but they give them a lot of food to eat on their way. Yujin puts everything in the bag and carries it with her while the others are carrying their staffs.

Tzuyu leads the way and the five of them slowly enter the forest with caution. They look every single tree for clues. They check the ground for the footprints. And Tzuyu explains them how to trace the smells of a monster.

" Here."

Tzuyu points to the footprints on the ground. They are footprints of a boar but much bigger.

" See, he is using only two of his feet. May be he is a walking monster like we do. Be careful now."

Tzuyu whispers and she points at the injured tree trunk which may be destroyed by the monster. They follow the trace and they finally reach a place where the ground is clear. They even see a cave nearby.

" This must be his cave."

Tzuyu is about to go to there when a shadow runs to them all of a sudden. It hits into Tzuyu and the God has to fly in the air for balance.

Tzuyu immediately transforms back to her God form and she waves her hand, calling her Guqin in front of her.

" Oh."

The Semi-gods are scared when they see the monster which may be 8ft high. He is a big guy with long fangs. His hair are in black with red eyes which seem they are hungry for blood.

* Roar *

The monster roars loudly and it starts to attack Tzuyu. Tzuyu starts playing the Guqin and she sends the notes to the monster. The notes hit him but his hair is too bushy and the notes can't penetrate him.

It is not too long for the monster to notice it. It shows its teeth in challenging way and runs towards Tzuyu again. Tzuyu bites her lips and she immediately plays a more stronger note which makes the Monster to fly back.

But that thing immediately jumps up again and changes its direction. It runs towards the Semi-Gods who are looking at the battle in fear. It is all of a sudden so Tzuyu has to move first. The monster has already reach the kids and it raises his hand to slap Nako but-

* some music playing *

" Huh? "

They all are surprised especially Tzuyu. They hear that someone is playing a melody and it makes the monster to roar in anger.

" Sana unnie? "

Tzuyu widens her eyes. As she is listening to the melody, how she can forget this? This is the one that Sana always played when she was learning from that book. And it seems the melody is controlling the monster. It moves backward and runs into the forest, disappears from their sight.

" Sana unnie! "

Tuzyu calls but the melody suddenly stops as soon as the monster left. Tzuyu bites her lips and she flies to the top if the highest tree to scan the place.

" Sana unnie! "

She knows she may be like a fool in her students eyes but she can't really care about it. All she can think now is Sana. She was the one who played that melody. She is sure.

" Sana unnie!! Where are you? I know it's you. Come out."

Tzuyu shouts and she jumps from one tree to another, looking for the girl. But both the monster and the melody player were nowhere to be found. Tzuyu doesn't know how many jumps she had made. She just jumps around the tress and searches for the lost girl.

" Sana unnie."

She can't stop the tears which start to form in he eyes. No, she is dead. This is not Sana. She is dead. If she is alive, she will definitely come and find me. She is already dead. That's why she didn't come to see me.

Tzuyu is trying to confort herself. She closes her eyes and tears start falling down on her cheeks. She takes out the flute and holds it tight in her hand. It is too hurt Sana unnie. It is too hurt. I still can't over you.

" Ms.Chou!! Where are you? Wait for us."

Tzuyu hears the calling of her name from a far but she doesn't still bother to wipe her tears away. She is just standing there, her hand gripping the flute, closing her eyes and shedding tears in silence.

Her chest is too tight and she can't even make a sound. She is feeling like something is blocking in . All she can think for now is Sana and only Sana.

Little did she knows, there is someone behind a big tree, watching her every move. She is tightly gripping the leave she has just used as a flute in her fist. And she is also biting her lips to prevent making any sound.

She finally covers with her palm and runs away from there, before the Semi-Gods reach here when she hears their voices. She can't meet Tzuyu now. She is a Demon and Tzuyu is a God. She doesn't want any bad things happen to Tzuyu because of her.

" TzuTzu, I'm sorry."