Chapter 20

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

" Kwon Eunbi, are you sure that your uncle and aunty will be back here? "

" Yes, they told me like this."

" But it has been two hours. You should call them."

Chaeyeon suggests and Eunbi nods. She takes out her phone and dials to her aunty and uncle who were out to go somewhere after they have told Eunbi to wait there.

" Hello? "

" Oh, Eunbi-ah, we are so so sorry. We had an emergency meeting."

" It's alright, aunty. When will you come back? "

" Waeyo? Are you bored? "

" No, my friends are here with me."

Eunbi said as she gives a glance at the Gods. Chaeyeon smiles widely at her while Sakura rolls her eyes in annoyance. 

" Your friends? Oh, it's so good! Actually, the work is more and more important and I don't think we can come back to you today. Can you spend tonight with them? Please? "

" What about you? "

" Don't worry about us. We will have to work all day and night. We will sleep at work."

" But- "

" Aigoo, baby, just enjoy your time with your friends. We will be back tomorrow."

" Arasso."

" I love you."

" Love you too."

Eunbi ends the call and she sighs. Hyewon and Chaeyeon are waiting for her so Eunbi explains for them.

" They said they are busy now and they can't come back today."

" Oh, it is dangerous for you to be alone in this big city."

Hyewon said loudly and Sakura glares her. But Chaeyeon agrees with her friend.

" Yeah, you should come with us." 

" Hey, we are on a mission, remember? "

Sakura joins the conversation and Eunbi blinks a few times. Sakura feels guilty after she has seen the innocence on the human girl's face so she sighs.

" I just want to warn that this mission is dangerous even for us. She will be uncomfortable if she is coming with us."

" But, Saku-chan, she can't stay alone, too."

Chaeyeon tries to talk to Sakura and Hyewon moves forward.

" We will protect her, I promise. Don't make her stay alone in this big city."

Sakura shakes her head. It is nonsense that this grown up woman can't stay alone only for a night in the Capital. The two Gods are doing over. But Sakura knows that she will never win the argument so she has to agree with them.

" Alright."

At that time, her face changes and she closes her eyes as if some informations are coming in from the Light World.

" What happened? "

Chaeyeon asks when Sakura opens her eyes again.

" Minju told that she got the location of Chaeyoung sambae. She is in the Central Amusement Park now."

" Amusement Park? Is she now dating with the Nature Master in broad daylight while she is running away as a criminal? Damn."

" Relax. We still don't know the real situation. Let's go find out."

The four of them follow the direction that Minju leads and they finally reach inside the Park. It is a huge place which is crowded with people. Hyewon puts her hands on her waist and she shakes her head.

" It will be easier to find the lost needle on the ground than to find Chaeyoung sambae inside."

" Shut up. Try to scan the place."

Though Sakura is giving order, Chaeyeon loses her focus as she is looking at Eunbi who is staring at the ice-cream stand. Chaeyeon laughs and she asks.

" Do you want ice-cream? "

" Can I? "

" Wait here."

Chaeyeon said and she starts walking to the ice-cream stand. Sakura frowns and she immediately follows Chaeyeon, linking their arms together. Eunbi confusely looks at Hyewon but the God just looks away.

" What? "

" Did you enjoy the hug? "

" What! Yah, Kang Hyewon, she is my friend!!! "

" Friends. Okay."

Hyewon sounds jealous so Eunbi blinks for a few times to process. At that time, Chaeyeon and Sakura comes back with ice-creams in their hands.

" Here."

" Thank you."

The four of them enjoy their ice-creams while looking around. 

" Oh! "

" You have to take care. Aigoo."

" I didn't! It was pushed by some forces."

" Stop lying! "

" I don't!! "

Eunbi accidently drops the ice-cream cone and Hyewon scolds her. They all look at the dropped ice-cream together and they notice something. The ground has changed.

" Wait."

When they lift their heads up again, there is no one in the Park. It becomes an abandoned place and the whole compound is covered with mist.

" The Reality trick."

Sakura whispers. 

" Come."

She points to the ferris wheel which seems it will be broken down in anytime and they run to there to get onto it. Sakura flies to the top carriage and Hyewon and Chaeyeon grab Eunbi by her arms as they follow Sakura. They all sit on it and now, they can see the compound from above.

" Look."

They look around and Hyewon finds a small figure running around alone. She ends up at the pond which is not far from them. 

" Chaeyoung Sambae. What is she doing? "

But before they can find out the answer, the Flowery God jumps into the pond and never comes up again.

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                       xxx

 

 

 

 

" TzuTzu-ah."

" Hmm, unnie, I'm reading."

" But i'm bored."

" Please wait. I have to learn about the Capital before we enter. At least I have to find ways out for energencies."

" No need. I am the Soul master. Remember? "

Sana said and Tzuyu looks at her.

" But you still even do not know how to properly use your powers."

Tzuyu scolds and Sana pouts as she leans back on the seat. Tzuyu shifts her gaze back to the book she is reading.

" You should try to learn your power, unnie."

" Huhm! No fun."

Sana and Tzuyu decided to take a car ride as Sana wanted to try the public transportation. Tzuyu thought that it will be a waste of time but she also wanted to enjoy some time with Sana so she agreed to the plan. Plus she needed time to learn about the Capital, too.

" ... "

Tzuyu's body becomes stiff when Sana suddenly leans on her shoulder. She looks down the Master's face but she can only see the long eyelashes of Sana only. Tzuyu smiles when Sana tries to cuddle to her more.

" Wae? "

" I'm sleepy."

" Alright. Alright."

Tzuyu closes the book and she gives her full attention to Sana, making the older girl proud. Tzuyu leans her head on Sana's and she is about to grab Sana's hand when the bus suddenly stops. Everyone on the bus is stopped at their last motions. Tzuyu puts her index at the nose of the passenger ajjushi behind her. He is not breathing but he is still alive.

" What happen?! "

Before they can ask, smokes appear on the bus and a skeleton appears on the bus.

" The Queen sent you a mesaage. She wanted to see you now. You have to follow me."

" I hate Momoring. She ruin our date."

Sana whispers. Tzuyu laughs and the two follow the skeleton who leads them down the bus. The bus is back to normal as soon as they are off and people do not aware that time has stopped for them. Wow, Hell Master can stop time. Tzuyu thinks.

The skeleton leads them to the field and they find that Momo is standing there patiently, while playing with her dog.

" Hey, I found the clue!! "

" What is this? "

Momo gives Tzuyu the bottle that holds the grass.

" This poison is coming from the Elf Garden."

" Elf Garden? "

" Yes, elves are known for their various skills with herbal plants. But this kind of poison is a rare one and there is only one elf left who knows how to make this potion."

" Who is it? "

" The Elder Elf aka Bang Chan. He is the eldest elf on earth and he is the only one who can make this poison. You go ask him and you will get the criminal."

" Thanks, Hell Master. You helped me a lot."

Tzuyu bows and she said. Momo waves her hand as if it is not necessary. At that time, the wind becomes stronger and they all cam hear the funny sparkling sounds in the air. They all look up the sky and they find that a group of silvery white butterflies are coming to them.

" Mitang!!!!! "

Sana greets Mina in a hyper way and Mina nods at her as a greeting. She crosses her arms and asks them.

" What's the matter? I'm busy."

" We found the clue about the criminal. He got the poison from the Elder Elf."

" Elf? I hate those creepy dwarves. They are very good at hiding."

Mina said in her low tone. Momo smirks as she is shaking her head.

" It's not like this, Mitang. I have already found where he is hiding. My skeletons become better at the investigations. I have already sent you the location. Haven't you still check it yet? "

" You sent to me? "

Mina seems surprised. Momo is also surprised and she is looking at her friend with wide mouth. Mina facepalms herself.

" Wait, I left the room as soon as I got the call from you. And I put the letter you gave on the table."

She then widens her eyes.

" What if Chaeyoung finds this? She will go there alone."

" What did you say? Chaeyoung? She is in the Light World. How can- "

Tzuyu stops in the midlde and she looks at Mina in shock. Mina disappeared this morning because she went to the Light World and took Chaeng out.

" Damn! We are in a mess."

" Okay, this is not the problem. We have to go find your Chaeyoungie now. She doesn't know what she is facing."

Momo said and Tzuyu looks at her.

" What she is facing? "

Momo stares at her and she said in her smirk.

" The Elder Elf is hiding in the dark pond in the Central Amusement Park which is guarded by the Genomes."

" What?! "


 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                         xxx

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung wakes up from her sleep and she opens her eyes. It is already evening and Mina is no longer in front of her. Chaeyoung pouts and she blinks a few times as her eyes are hurt due to her cry.

She sits up on the bed and looks around the room but there is no sign of Mina in the room. Hmmm, may be she is out for something. Chaeyoung thinks and she takes the glass of water that Mina has put on the small table beside the bed.

Her eyes land on a paper which is under the glass and she takes it. Did Mina leave a note for her? Chaeyoung thinks and she opens the folded paper.

" The criminal is the Elder Elf. He made the poison. He is now hiding in the Dark Pond of the Central Amusement Park."

Chaeyoung jumps out from the bed. Mina has found out the criminal and she has already left to get him. 

" She feels guilty and she wants to pay me back. That's why she is trying to get the criminal by herself. At least, she should wake me up before she went."

Chaeyoung is talking to herself and she puts the paper in her pocket.

" But she left me a note. Thanks to her."

Chaeyoung thinks and she smiles, thinking that Mina is not a bad girl. She should apologize to her later. Chaeyoung thinks and she takes the bus to get to the Central Amusement Park.

Chaeyoung looks up the huge Gate and she closes her eyes. The Dark pond must be in the Dark World so she must go inside. Chaeyoung inhales and takes a deep breathe, then she opens her eyes and the broken Gate is waiting for her.

Chaeyoung calls the nearest stick and she tightens onto it, changing it into the magical weapon as she makes her way to the Dark Pond which is in the centre.

As Chaeyoung walks in, she feels that there is no flower inside, which means she is weak here. There is no source of energy for her to use. She must take wise moves.

Chaeyoung reaches in front of the Merry-Go-Round and the mist inside becomes heavier. She can't even see things clearly. She wonders where Mina is.

* running *

" Who's there?! "

Chaeyoung asks but she only sees a shadow running towards the pond. The pointed ears and short legs with Gray skin. The Elder Elf!

Chaeyoung runs after him and she ends up at the bank of the pond but she has lost him already. Chaeyoung looks around and she thinks there are some waves on the surface of the Pond. He has jumped down into the Pond.

The Flowery God has no power in the water, it is obvious. But, she has no choice. She can't let the criminal run away. Chaeyoung doesn't think twice and she throws the stick away. Then she inhales a lot of air till it expands her chest and jumps into the pond.

Cold water is waiting for her and she feels like her skin is burning due to the extreme cold. The Dark water is as clear as crystal and Chaeyoung can see things clearer after a few seconds.

She starts swimming and trying to look for the Elder Elf. Ahh, I hate my short legs, I can't swim quickly. Chaeyoung thinks.

" Ahhh "

Chaeyoung screams in pain when she feels an intense pain at her ankle. She looks down and she is nearly to faint when she finds that a group of ugly creatures are trying to bite her ankle.

" Genomes."

These creatures live in Ponds and Lakes and they are not that much dangerous when they are in less number. But when they are in group, it will be difficult to fight them. 

Chaeyoung tries to send her power to her ankles and puts the protection spell on it. The Genomes can't bite her so Chaeyoung tries to run away from them.

But the sneaky creatures are faster than her. When they find out that they can't bite her anymore, their tiny hands fall on her legs and start pulling her down.

Chaeyoung uses all her forces and tries to kick them away but they are too many and she can't fight them all. Plus, her energy level is getting low and low.

Suddenly, Chaeyoung feels like there is a huge thing on her chest and it is pressing her chest. She can't breathe. She knows that she has been too deep from the surface and she is drowning. She can't swim up back.

Chaeyoung is nearly to pass out but she thinks she sees a white light all of a sudden above the dark water. The light becomes bigger and it is running towards her in a swift motion.

Chaeyoung can't breathe anymore but she can still see that that light driving away the Genomes who are holding onto Chaeyoung's legs. Then a hand grabs her by her wrist and Chaeyoung is pulled up to the upper water.

" ... "

The white person, her silvery hair is flowing in the water current. She is looking at Chaeyoung from the higher place like an Angel. And Chaeyoung keeps staring at her though she has stopped breathing. Only her brain is working at that moment, she thinks.

The white lady is trying to talk to her but they are in the water so Chaeyoung can't hear. Plus, she thinks she is about to pass out. Her limit has gone. She has no more God power left.

Chaeyoung's nearly closing eyes see Mina coming too close to her. This must be her true form. Chaeyoung remembers the mole on the nose bridge on the first night she has met with the Nature Master. This Mina is a little mature in look but she is as elegant as the fake Mina she has seen before.

Chaeyoung slowly closes her eyes as she feels too sleepy but suddenly, something pressed against on her lips. They are cold, even colder than the water, and they are gently touching her lips like they are making a dance show.

Chaeyoung suddenly feels like she is filled with energy and she opens her eyes. To her surprise, Mina is too close to her and she is closing her eyes, while her lips are pressing against Chaeyoung's strawberry ones.

" What the- "

Chaeyoung is surprised and she opens in reflex, making Mina aware that she has regain her strength. Mina pulls her up more and the next thing Chaeyoung knows is that they are lying at the bank of the pond, soaking from head to toe like rats.

* Cough Cough Cough *

Chaeyoung is coughing badly but she is feeling weird more. Mina has just kissed her. Yes, she did. Chaeyoung is trying to catch her breathe while panting, her head filled with questions.

" I can't believe my eyes."

Suddenly, Chaeyoung hears familiar voices and she looks up. To her horror, there are a group of people who are also her friends, watching them like a show.

Damn, I am dead. This is too embarrassing. Chaeyoung thinks while her face is turning into a tomato. Mina stands up from the ground and she helps Chaeyoung to stand up too.

" This is the fastest way I can give you the Power you need. If not, you would die."

" I know. Ummm, thanks."

The awkward atmosphere is covering the whole place and Chaeyoung doesn't dare to look at Tzuyu, Sana, wait! Sana? Oh, she's here. A woman with black leather. And the playful kids, Hyewon and Chaeyeon with someone she doesn't know. May be Sakura girl, she is beautiful as a Sakura flower.

" Guys, look! "

At that time, Sakura notices something and she points to the middle of the Pond. There is an energy source forming and the water starts boiling at there. 

" The Genomes are coming. Prepare."

Tzuyu said and they all make ready. Mina move closer to Chaeyoung and she whispers.

" Chaeyoungie, you need more Power? "

Uh oh, here's trouble. Chaeyoung smiles in a nervous way.