Chapter 2

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

A/N : The Italics parts are Flashback of the story.
 

There are 3 Realms in this Universe. The 3 Realms can be travelled to one another by using portals or Gates. You only need to know where to find them and then, you will be able to go every Realms you like.

The Gate of the Light World is a Grand opening of the Heaven like Realm. All the Gods must appear at the Travel Field in front of the Grand Gate no matter what. And the Gate is guarded by a God every night as a duty in order.

Tzuyu is a brand new God who has just graduated from the training. This is her first time duty at the Gate and she has determined that she will be dutiful at her best.

" Hey, Tzuyu, are you sleeping? "

Suddenly, she hears a voice in her head and she knows that her partner, Chaeyoung is connecting her from the telepathy circle. Tzuyu puts her index and middle fingers on her right temple and she answers her bestfriend.

" Shut up, Chaeng. You know I am on duty."

" Oh, I forgot. Kekekeke."

Tzuyu knows that Chaeyoung is just teasing her so she shakes her head and laughs along with her friend. At that time, she notices a shadow runs towards the Gate and that figure is trying to climb up the gate. 

What the- A Thief? A Monster? Tzuyu becomes worried and she quickly said her friend.

" Yah, I have somewhere to go. Bye."

" Yah, Chou Tzu-"

Before Chaeyoung can say anymore, Tzuyu disconnects their connection and runs to the Gate. She sees a shadow secretly running along the top of the Gate and Tzuyu decides to face it.

" Yah!! Stop!! "

Tzuyu shouts and that person stops his move. 

" Who are you? Show yourself! "

Tzuyu said but that person doesn't move an inch. She furrows her eyebrows and said again.

" I said to come out."

Tzuyu takes out her sword from the case and she points it at that person, ready to attack him. But she hears a naughty giggle from that person and he slowly comes out from the shadow and stands in front of Tzuyu.

" I'm not a monster. I'm a God, too."

Tzuyu looks at her carefully. She is wearing a white dress with red lines at the edges which means she is as the same rank as Tzuyu but Tzuyu doesn't know her since there are thousands of Gods here.

The girl is still staring at her with a birght smile which is as bright as her flaming red hair and she is raising her hands up in the air, walking slowly towards Tzuyu. Her round eyes seem innocent but Tzuyu never forgets about the tricky monsters from her lessons.

" I'm not harmful. I was just a little late to enter the City and I don't want to sleep on the ground so I just tried to sneak inside."

She said and Tzuyu doesn't buy her lie. Her eyes go narrow and keep staring at the girl in a very suspicious mode. 

" Trust me. Hmmm? "

The girl said and she smiles at Tzuyu. Tzuyu sighs and she is about to put her sword back to the case when the girl suddenly pushes her away and jumps onto the roof of the nearest building, running away.

Tzuyu bites her lip and she follows, the two meet on the roof and they start fighting with each other. Tzuyu knows that the girl is a real God but she still wants to know why she has to attack her.

" Yah!! "

Luckily, Tzuyu has a long arms and legs so finally, she can grab the collar of thr girl's dress. She pulls her towards her and jumps down from the roof. The Red hair girl is surprised and she has to put her hands on Tzuyu's shoulder as a support.

" Ohh."

Though Tzuyu can take her balance and stand firmly on the ground, the girl loses balance so Tzuyu has to hug her by her waist and support. The girl seems she is frozen to the touch and she is just staring at Tzuyu with wide eyes. Tzuyu is staring her back and their eyes are connected to each other. They even forget how to blink at that time.

Tzuyu slowly leans towards her and the girl's eyes become widen but Tzuyu leans back to her normal position after she has taken the bottle that the girl is carrying on her belt.

" Alcohol."

" No!! Give me back!! "

The girl tries to take the bottle back but Tzuyu raises her eyebrow. 

" No way, the Red level Gods are forbidden to take alcohol since their Power level is still unstable. You have broken a rule. I have to report."

" No, no, no, please don't. This is not- "

The girl said and she quickly runs to block Tzuyu on her way by spreading her arms.

" You are not allowed to go."

" No!! "

" Damn, you stupid bookworm."

The girl matters and she starts to attack Tzuyu. Tzuyu has to protect herself and her bottle so she fights back and the battle between the two starts again before someone shouts.

" What are you doing?? "

Both of them quickly move away from each other and bow immediately as they know the Princess is here all of a sudden. May be she heard the fight.

" I found a thief sneaking inside the City and I was trying to stop her, Princess."

Tzuyu said and the girl gives a side glare to her. Princess Jihyo arches her eyebrows before she calls the thief name.

" What are you doing again, Minatozaki Sana? "

Tzuyu thinks that the girl will be scared or something but to her surprise, the girl smiles in an innocent way at Jihyo.

" I am coming back from a mission and this Baby God is trying to stop me, accusing me that I brought a bottle of Alcohol."

She said with a teasing smile, making Tzuyu jawdrop.

 

Tzuyu smiles at the memory while staring at the empty space in front of her. This is the place that they first met. It has been almost 200 years but she still clearly remembers every single details.

Tzuyu shakes her head at herself. She even looks like a loser now. She is now sitting on the rooftop and drinking alone while staring at the sky and thinking about the Past.

" Tzuyu."

Suddenly, she hears a voice from her back and she quickly stands up to see Jihyo, walking to her.

" Princess."

Jihyo waves her hand as a signal to stay normal and she sits beside Tzuyu. Tzuyu gives her the bottle she is holding and Jihyo takes a sip.

" Ahh, what a good night to drink, huh? "

She then looks at sad Tzuyu and pads her shoulder.

" Yah, I don't want to tell you but I really miss our active Tzuyu. I know you miss them but always remember that we miss you too."

Jihyo said and Tzuyu tries to smile at her. But she knows she fails and she is relieved that Jihyo doesn't really care about it. She has already known that Tzuyu is  still not ok.

" So, what about the mission I gave you? "

" I sent two Semi-gods to solve it."

" Imm, I've heard that the Graduation Date is getting nearer. I hope they can solve the problem."

Jihyo said and Tzuyu nods in agreement.

" I hope so, too."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

" C'm on. C'm on. C'm on. We are going to be late."

Chaeyeon and Hyewon are running to the registration counter to apply their forms for the 1month Camping of their School University. Yes, it becomes their University after they got help from the Gods to use the confusion spells on all teachers and students.

They all are now thinking them as the final year students who are ready to stay at the Dorm for a month and answer the Final Exam as their school's tradition.

" We are here to apply the forms."

" Put them here. And tell me your names."

The dorm is two persons rooms and they have to stay with another persons so the two Semi-gods are making sure that they are No.1641 & 1642 so that they can be roommates. They don't want a human as their roomates since they have been away from human world for almost 50 years.

" Huuuuu, this clothes are a little strange to wear."

" Yeah. I love our dresses more."

The two Semi-gods are whispering when the tragic thing happens. A short girl with short legs runs inside the building with a paper on her hand. The list is about to close so she has to hurry.

" Waittttttttttt."

When the staff is about to close the file on the desk, she puts her paper on the top. But she suddenly slips and falls out of blue, dragging down some forms along with her.

" Are you okay? "

Being a kind person she is, Chaeyeon runs to her and help her to stand up. Hyewon shakes her head and just rolls her eyes at the clumsy girl.

The short girl smiles at Chaeyeon as a Thank you and she puts the forms on the floor back to the desk. The staff glares at her before she takes them to arrange the rooms.

Chaeyeon walks back to Hyewon who is trying to understand the device called Smart Phone in her hand.

" Yah, Lee Chaeyeon, you will be a great God for sure so don't act too much extra."

" Wae? I'm just trying to help her. She seems she is hurting her leg."

Chaeyeon said worriedly and Hyewon takes a glance at the short girl who is now hopping. She even looks like a bunny. Hyewon thinks and she shakes her head. The two friends then continue learning about the device and after waiting for about an hour, their rooms are announced.

" Let's go see."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon follows the crowd and they are now searching for their room No. on the list.

" Here. Here. Kang Hyewon. Ummmm? But I'm not with you? "

Hyewon said as she is now reading her roommate name again. Jo Yuri is nothing smiliar to Lee Chaeyeon. What the hell???? Chaeyeon also widens her eyes and she points on the paper.

" Yes, I'm with Kwon Eunbi. Why we are not together? "

" Damn! That girl! She drags down the papers and I think the order went wrong."

The two friends are now blocking the way and talking loudly so they are getting too much attention. Everyone is glaring at them and they notice it so they cover their mouths and walk away from there.

" So, what are we going to do? We have to stay with humans now."

Hyewon said, putting her hands on her waist. She then looks up the sky and lets out a deep sigh. This is the first ever step they made and it goes wrong. 

" It is all because of her."

" Yah, don't tell others like this at their back."

" Yah, Lee Chaeyeon. Stop lecturing me, will ya? I'm- "

" Excuse me? "

Hyewon is cut off in the middle of what she is saying when someone talks to them all of a sudden. This is the same girl who fell down not long ago and Hyewon frowns automatically.

The girl also glares at her before she turns to Chaeyeon who is now smiling in a friendly way.

" Yes? What can we help you? "

" Are you Lee Chaeyeon? "

" Yes, I'm."

Chaeyeon is a little confused. But the girl smiles and she answers their question by herself.

" I'm Kwon Eunbi. Your roommate."

" Oh."

 Chaeyeon raises her eyebrows.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                        xxx                                       xxx

 

 

 

 

The bar is crowded with people and it is filled with smells of alcohol and perfumes from the various kinds of people around here. The music from the dancing floor is like hitting her head and Chaeyoung feels like she becomes dizzy although she did not drink a bit.

She is now massaging her temple with her fingers as she is trying to wipe away the headache. Since the death of the owner of restaurant she has been working for almost three years, she has to find a new job. And here is the easiest way to get a job without too many questions.

" Yah, waiter, come here."

" Yes, Sir? "

Chaeng has to stop thinking and she runs to the man who is calling her. He is too much drunken and he seems he can't control himself.

" I have been looking at you. Why you are standing there and is not working? "

" I- "

Chaeyoung knows he is just drunken and talking trashes so she just smiles at him.

" I'll work hard. Then- "

" Yah, who said you can go? "

He said and tries to pull her. Chaeyoung grabs his hand and uses a little force making his face frowns in pain. 

" Sir, please go home if you are drunken."

" Yah, let me go! "

He said while trying to remove himself from the grip of a small girl like her. Well, it may be strange for others that how can a girl like her hurt him but she is not an ordinary girl. She is a God for heaven's sake.

Chaeyoung knows she can't control her pain either so she finally lets go of his hand. He seems scared and said nothing when she turns around and walks away from him.

" Yah, Son Chaeng."

" What a great God you are. Huh? "

" Shut up."

Chaeyoung ignores the two shadows who appear beside her all of a sudden. The two are giggling and following her around, giving more headache to Chaeyoung.

" Wae?? You are not welcoming your unnies anymore? I'm hurt."

Nayeon pretends like she is crying and Jeongyeon holds her shoulders as a support. Luckily, human can't see these two annoying Yin-Yang duo who are wearing bling bling outfits to match with the Bar.

Chaeyoung enters the toilet and she closes the door. But the Yin-Yang are already inside and she doesn't really care about them.

" But Nayeon, I'm not done with you yet. Why you had to make her fall this morning? "

" Hmmmm, don't be stupid, Yoo Jeongyeon. I'm just making sure for the Fate. This is her Destiny and she can't run away from it."

" Yes, this is our duty, I know. But you don't have to make her fall like this. And now, the two poor Semi-gods have to stay with humans. We both know it will be super difficult for them."

" Whatever. I'm proud of my job."

" Aish, this woman. I wonder why I made a wish that I wanted to be forever with her. I was an idiot."

" An idiot who has a very beautiful wife as her partner."

" Geez."

The two continue fighting and Chaeyoung just shakes her head. She opens the tap water and slowly removes the bandage on her right wrist. 

" Omo, you are bleeding, Chaeng."

Nayeon and Jeongyeon now remember that she is still here and they walk to her to check her wound. Under the bandage, there is the cursed bracelet which is as a punishment symbol for the Punished God. And this prevents her from using her God power. If she tries to use, it will punish her like now.

Chaeng has to put the bandage on it to keep it away from the curious eyes of people who wants to ask questions about the strange letters on her skin. She puts her bleeding hand under the running water and rinses it. Nayeon sighs and she shakes her head.

" I still don't understand what the Emperor wants. Chaeng doesn't deserve it."

" I'm ok, unnie."

Chaeyoung said with a smile on her face. She then puts her hand under the dryer and takes out a new bandage from her pocket to hide her cursed bracelet.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon are still looking at her, remembering the first day they found her beside the road inside a forest a hundred years ago. They have been watching over her since that time and she really looks like their little sister. Or may be a daughter?

But they both know this kid is a good kid and she deserves more than this. They want to help her but they are Yin-Yang. Their duty is to maintain the balance. They can't disturb the Fate so they can't do anything but just sit and watch everything happening around them.

Chaeyoung finishes her work and she smiles at them.

" Alright. This is my third day at work and I need to focus so that I can find some money for myself. Can you guys please leave me alone and let me work."

" Alright. Alright. We came to check on you before we travel for a few days."

" Oh, alright. Good luck for your work, then."

Chaeyoung said while Nayeon and Jeongyeon give her a hug before they disappear from her sight with a Poof sound. Chaeyoung shakes her head and she comes out from the toilet, resuming her work.

It has been almost 2AM when the bar is closed. Chaeyoung changes her clothes back to her causal outfits and walks back to her small apartment that she has been living.

The road is empty and it is shining lonely under dreamy city lights. Chaeyeoung looks up the sky and she remembers her  old days at the Light World. She was known as the kind God with a bright future.

But now, she is walking alone in the Human World with nothing in her hand. Who will believe this end? Who will believe that she is a God? Or they will see her as a trash God who is working at a bar for her living.

Suddenly, she feels like someone is staring at her back and she stops her steps immediatey. What? Her sixth sense is telling her like this and she is getting ready for whatever is coming.

At that time, a cold breeze is running across her and she feels her goosebumps due to the cold. Oh. What is happening?

Before she can give a work to her brain, she sees a silvery glows in the dark beside her. As she is watching, that glowing thing moves to her in a steady way. To her surprise, it is not something she thought. It is even not a big deal.

Chaeyoung is staring at the glowing silvery white butterfly flying towards her. She doesn't know what it is but she knows it is not harmful. No one tells her but she is feeling just in that way.

The butterfly stops in front of her nose and Chaeyoung laughs. She slowly raises her hand and extends her index, on which the butterfly takes a rest.

" Oh."

Chaeyoung has no idea what is happening but she feels nothing wrong with the presence of the glowing butterfly though she knows it is not from the Human World. 

" Hello, little one."

Chaeyoung whispers and she moves her left hand to touch the butterfly but it suddenly flies away from her finger. It takes three turns flight on her head and Chaeyoung tries to follow her but it flies away from her and disappears in the dark.

" Ummm, it is strange."

Chaeyoung thinks. But it doesn't matter since it didn't try to hurt her. May be it is a lost soul. Chaeyoung thinks and she smiles before she resumes back to her little world.

And she forgets about it in the morning as she has to earn for living in Human World. She has almost nearly forgotten that she is a God so how she can remember about a strange butterfly that she met on a lonely night.