Chapter 13

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

The sun was hotter than ever. It seemed like the ground was already vapourized and melting. Sana could feel that the sweat was already running down along her spine and her robe was soaked already.

" Ahhh, it's tiring."

Sana was on her mission in the Human World and she was coming back to the transportation gate to go back to the Light World. She had been in her mission for almost a month and she was missing someone a lot.

" TzuTzu will be really happy when she sees the bread."

Sana is talking to herself. She was proud of herself that she had successfully taken the most favourite food of her junior God. And she was planning how to annoy her first before she gave the bread as a make-up.

" Ahhhhhhhhh."

As Sana was walking through the forest, she heard a voice. She thought she misheard at first but she heard it again as soon as she continued walking away.

" Help me. Help me."

Sana looked around and she saw a pair of legs behind a big tree. The shoes were dirty and covered with dusts. And the voice was coming from there.

Sana ran to the voice and she saw that an old man was lying on the ground. He was closing his eyes and saying 'help me'  non-stop.

" Are you ok? Did you hurt? "

Sana asked as she pulled him up to sit on the ground. The man tried to grab her hand but he was searching her in the air. Sana realized that he was a blind man as he never opened his eyes.

" Help. Help me."

" Yes, I am here. What can I help you? "

" Hmmmm."

The man seemed he was stubborn. He listened to Sana and never spoke again. He just sat on the ground and said nothing. Sana sighed as she didn't know how to help this man. She thought of leaving him alone but she was too kind to do like this.

" Mianhae, TzuTzu."

She whispered and took out the bread from her pocket to give the man.

" Mister, please eat this. You must be hungry."

He hestitated at first but when Sana put the bread in his hand, he slowly tried a bite. His face changed and he started eating it like a hungry man. Sana even had to warn him to chew carefully.

She waited till he finished eating and gave him her water bottle. The man happily drank it and Sana asked.

" Now, can you tell me what happened? "

" Hmm, I didn't tell you because I didn't want to bother you. I have a thing to give the rightful owner."

He said and Sana sat down beside him to listen his story. He took out a flute in his pocket. Its whole body was in Raven and it was beautifully made. Sana was staring at the flute with wide opened mouth.

" This flute. It is a very powerful weapon. My master owned it and he gave it to me before he died. I was looking for the rightful successor for this but unfortunately, I found none. Then, the demons heard about the flute and they tried to take it from me. I was running from them and ended up here."

" Awww."

He suddenly grabbed Sana's hand.

" Girl, can you help me one thing? I have to look for a God to pass it as it is a God's weapon. It was belong to the Musical God before. I have to give it to another God. But as you can see, I am a poor blind man. So can you take this and pass it to a God? "

He said and Sana was thinking hard. She was not sure what she was doing but she automatically replied.

" Indeed, I am a God."

" Really? "

He seemed he was happy. He then slowly puts the flute into Sana's hand. Sana gently rubs the flute with her fingers. The touch was cold but she was feeling like this flute really belonged to her.

" Here. This is the skill book. You can learn how to use the flute from this."

" What about you? "

" This old man has many works to do."

He said and tried to stand up. Sana helped him and he smiled at her.

" We met by destiny. This is your destiny. Remember this."

He said and started to walk away from Sana. She didn't understand what he was saying but before she could ask him, he disappeared from her sight. Sana pouted and she looked at the flute and the skill book in her hand.

" I wonder what great things I will create with you. "


 

 

 

" I wonder what great damage you can create with this."

Tzuyu whispers as she is staring at the raven colored flute in her hand. They are making a camp in the forest and Tzuyu has to guard the kids for safety while they are sleeping.

She was now sitting on the branch and looking at the flute which is the only thing that Sana left with her. She still believes that it was Sana who saved Nako during the battle.

Tzuyu tried to find Sana but there was no clue of the older girl. She has to give up as the kids followed her but the tiny part of her is telling her to find Sana again.

Tzuyu is thinking a plan and she finally lets out a sigh. She now has a plan. It is dangerous but she has to do it so that Sana will appear in front of her. She grabs the flute tight.

" Let's find out that it is really you or not, Sana unnie."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                      xxx

 

 

 

 

" Chaeyoungie, wake up. We are here."

Chaeyoung hears a voice running into her ear but she keeps closing her eyes as it is too comfortable. She hears a chuckle and she wipes first before she opens her eyes.

" Oh, I'm sorry."

Chaeyoung loudly said when she finds out that she has been leaning on Mina's shoulder during the whole car ride. They are travelling back to the Capital where the Library of Gods exists to find out Chaeyoung's Past.

" Your arm must be hurt. Mianhae."

Chaeyoung said but Mina shakes her head.

" It's fine. You know, I am strong."

Mina jokes and Chaeyoung chuckles as they both know how a fragile girl like Mina can be strong. The two get off the bus and walk out of the bus station. The roads of Capital are as crowded as ever. Chaeyoung becomes excited but Mina is still in her calm mode.

" Do you know how to get the Library? "

" Ummm, I'm not sure. I only heard about this."

Chaeyoung said and Mina looks at her. Chaeyoung nervously rubs her nose and she refuses to look back into Mina's eyes.

" This is my first time here by the way."

" Oh, I got it."

Mina whispers back. Chaeyoung doesn't want to make her junior disappointed so she tries to cheer her up.

" But we can always find it. It is a famous place so we can easily find."

" Alright."

The two walk along the road and Chaeyoung has to use her telepathy circle to connect to the Light World to ask for direction. It seems the direction girl is a nice one. She patiently guides them till they see a huge library across the road after about two hours.

" Thank you for your help, Minju-sshi."

Chaeyoung disconnects from the telepathy circle and she turns her head to smile at Mina who has been watching her with a smile.

" I told you. We can always find it."

And Chaeyoung proudly crosses the road.

" Watch out!! "

But the cars keep coming as it is not the crossroad. Chaeyoung doesn't aware of it and she makes her step on the road so that Mina has to pull her back.

" Ooh."

Chaeyoung is pulled back to the pavement but Mina uses a little too much force so she is thrown into Mina's embrace and she has to hold on Mina not to fall down on the ground.

" Are you ok? "

Mina asks while staring into Chaeyoung's eyes. Chaeyoung doesn't notice herself as she too is lost into Mina's black eyes. Their faces are too close and Mina can feel the warm breathe coming from Chaeyoung on her face.

" Sor- sorry."

Chaeyoung stutters and she removes herself quickly from Mina as she notices that she has been too long in Mina's arms. Mina is just chuckling like she always does and the Flowery God is turning herself into Tomato God.

" We can cross the road from there."

Mina points to the place where people are waiting for the green signal. Chaeyoung nods and she walks fast without waiting for Mina. Mina laughs and shakes her head before she follows Chaeyoung. 

The two of them reach inside the Capital Library and Chaeyoung walks to the counter. Mina stays at a far and searches for random books as she wants to give Chaeyoung her alone time. The staff looks at her above her glasses when she stands in front of her.

" Ummmm, Hello."

" What can I help you? "

" I am looking- I- "

The librarian seems she becomes suspicious with Chaeyoung. At that time, someone suddenly pulls her by the shoulder and greets her like an old friend.

" Wow, long time no see!!! "

" Ummm, yeah."

Chaeyoung has to follow her move as the savior is signaling her with her eyes. 

" She's my friend. She's looking for me."

Then Chaeyoung is dragged away from the counter by that person. Mina closes the book she is reading and her gaze quickly follows the two as they both disappear behind the corner. The person now lets go of Chaeyoung and Chaeyoung clearly knows that she is not her friend.

" Who are you? "

" Oh, I'm the Librarian of Gods, Kim Yeri. I have been here for a very long time. And I'm willing to help the lost Gods."

" Ahh, nice to meet you. I'm Son Chaeyoung."

" Ok, Son Chaeyoung, what do you want to find? "

" Ummmm, about myself."

Chaeyoung said and Yeri raises her eyebrow. She then nods and looks around before she waves her hand in front of the bookshelf. It turns into golden bookshelf which has many thick leather books on it. Chaeyoung now realises that the Library of Gods is hidden inside the Human Library.

" Here, the history of Gods section. Which is your time? "

" Ummmm, 200 years ago."

Yeri nods and she takes out a book on which 1800 was written. She puts the thick book on the table beside them and lets Chaeyoung searches inside. Chaeyoung searches her name on the list but there is none. She even found Dahyun and Tzuyu's name but she is not there.

" What the hell! "

" What about we tried 500 years ago? "

Mina who suddenly appears said. Both Yeri and Chaeyoung look at her in confusion. Chaeyoung is about to ask why when Yeir stands up and she takes out another book which has 1500 on its cover.

Chaeyoung doesn't aspect to see her name inside but Yeri searches the list and she points out on the paper.

" Here, Son Chaeyoung the Flowery God."

" What?! "

Chaeyoung is surprised and she quickly snaps the pages. How she can be inside the 500 years ago book? How Mina is knowing about her? Why she can't remember all these things? This is starange. She has to read about herself now. She needs to find the truth.

" Huh? "

But to her horror, when her page appears, it is only a blank page. Nothing is written on it except the words, the Flowery God Son Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung helplessly leans on the table as her hope is lost now. Her biography is also vanished just like her memories.

" This is cruel. Where's the damn pages! "

Mina said angrily in her low tone and she walks away from them. Chaeyoung looks at her in confusion and she is about to follow and ask her when Yeri suddenly pulls her back.

" Who is she? "

" She is my apprentice."

" No! Can't you see she is not a God? She doesn't have any God light. And I can't even feel her breathe."

" Huh? "

Chaeyoung blinks. She looks at Mina who is crossing her arms and looking outside by the big window glass. She seems she is really angry. Chaeyoung suddenly remembers that when Mina pulled her not long ago, she didn't feel her breathing on her face. 

" She is dangerous. You must stay away from her."

" But she's really good to me. She is a kind one."

Chaeyoung defends and Yeri looks at her in disbelief. She then shakes her head and looks at Chaeyoung.

" I have been living for 1000 years. And I know things too well. She is not a God and she is with you because you have something that she wants. I can't tell you what it is but I'm sure that she is up to no good."

Chaeyoung takes a glance at Mina. Mina is also looking at their direction. Their eyes meet and Mina's frown immediately disappears. She smiles at Chaeyoung with her gummy smile like always and Chaeyoung sighs.

" Thanks for the help, Yeri-sshi. I know what I am doing."

She leaves the surprised Yeri at that spot as she walks to Mina who is waiting for her.

" You can't find your Past."

Mina whispers. She seems a little disappointed. Chaeyoung nods and she sighs.

" Yes, I can't find my Past."

Then she suddenly smiles widely showing her dimple, making Mina confused.

" But I can always make a happy Future. Let's go."

She then drags Mina out of the Library before Yeri can contact the Light World about them. Mina is confused at first but she smiles along with Chaeyoung at the end as she lets the Flowery God to lead their way.

 

 

 

 

xxx                                      xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

Eunbi frowns as a smell runs inside her nostrils. Hmmm, it seems something is burnt. She is still sleepy but she has to open her eyes as the smell is getting stronger.

She takes her phone from the table and checks the time. It is only 5:30AM in the morning. Am I dreaming? She thinks but her eyes wide open when she hears noises from outisde.

" What the- "

She remembers that she is not alone in the house. She is now living with a God duo.

" Ahh, they are trying to burn my house down."

Eunbi thinks and she runs out of her room to check the kitchen. When she comes inside, the floor is already dirty with the flour and egg shells. Eunbi scaredly look at Hyewon who is wearing an apron and making something.

" Oh, morning Kwon Eunbi."

" What- what are you doing? "

" Oh, I'm making breakfast for you. It will be ready soon."

" What? I think they are burnt already."

" Don't worry. I have already tasted it. It's still edible."

Hyewon said while she is trying to clean the floor with her power. Eunbi sits at the table and she looks around trying to look for her friend.

" Where is Chaeyeon? "

" Ah, she has to go back to the Light World as Sakura wanted to see her."

" Who is Sakura? "

" Another God."

" Aww."

Eunbi murmurs as she takes a piece of pancake that Hyewon has made. They are all burnt but the taste is not that bad. Hyewon widely smiles and she takes a big bite proudly.

" Hmmm, delicious. Kwon Eunbi, here, milk. You'll be taller."

Hyewon jokes and Eunbi glares at her. Hyewon is laughing at her own joke and keeps making fun of how short Eunbi's legs are. The two keep fighting while eating the breakfast and Eunbi feels like they are more comfortable with each other now.

" I'll wash the dishes."

" No, no. I can do it with my power."

" Leave your Power alone for emergency. What if the Demon comes now? "

" Yah! Don't say things easily like this."

Hyewon scolds but Eunbi ignores her as she carries the plates to the bacin to wash. Hyewon is cleaning the table and the two of them are busy so they haven't talked for a few minutes.

At that time, Eunbi suddenly feels her goosebumps and she doesn't know why but the atmosphere suddenly changes.

" Kang Hyewon."

" Hmm? "

" Do you feel that? "

" Feel what? "

Before she can answer Hyewon, Eunbi suddenly hears the lullaby that she heard before. The monster is calling her in a tuning melody. Hywon notices the changes on Eunbi's face and she quickly runs to Eunbi.

" Wae? What happened? "

" Chingu-ah~~~~~~ come to me~~~~~~~~ "

" Ahhhhh."

" Wae? Wae? Wae? "

Eunbi is so scared and she runs into Hyewon's embrace. Hyewon hugs her back and she finds that Eunbi is trembling like a scared rabbit. Her eyes are looking around and her face becomes pale. She seems she has lost her soul.

" Kwon Eunbi, wae? "

" She- she is- "

Eunbi stutters. The calling keeps disturbing her and she looks at Hyewon with teary eyes. Eunbi doesn't say a thing but Hyewon understands now. The surrounding around them starts changing and the Kwon mansion is turning into an old abundaned one.

The Reality spell...

Hyewon froze, her arms around Eunbi becomes tighter. Eunbi moves closer to Hyewon as she is hugging her tight. She then whispers in her trembling voice.

" She is here."