Chapter 6

Say You Won’t Let Me Go

" The only thing you have to do is to stay inside the circle. You can't leave here whatever you see or hear, understand? "

" Immm. Chaeyeon-ah."

Today, the Graduation is over and it is the Party night for everyone. All the students had fun at the party and they are busy with packing their stuffs but Hyewon and Chaeyeon have another work to protect Eunbi.

They have been together with Eunbi for the whole week and it seems the Demon also knows their presence. He never shows up again. But tonight is the last night and they are sure that he will come no matter what.

So, they drew a protection circle inside Eunbi and Chaeyeon's room and make Eunbi sit in the middle. 

Eunbi quickly grabs Chaeyeon's hand and the Semi-god turns to look at her with her usual warm smile. Eunbi also smiles and she said " Thank you ".

" Geez."

Hyewon whispers and rolls her eyes at them. Eunbi sees it from the corner of her eyes so she glares at the meanie Hyewon. Chaeyeon walks to Hyewon who is sitting on the window bar and looking outside with a worried face and she pads on her back.

" Waeyo? Don't worry this much. Our protection circle will work."

" Who is worrying for Kwon Eunbi? I'm thinking about the Flowery God."

Hyewon said and Chaeyeon is just chuckling. But she is also curious about what her bestfriend is saying.

" Yes, where is she? She should be here right now to make a plan with us."

" Yeah."

" Will she just transfer directly inside this room? "

" Ummm, no, I think she can't."

Hyewon said while scratching her head. She hasn't told Chaeyeon about how bad the Flowery God's condition is now as she had made a promise with her. But Chaeyeon seems she it too excited to see the Legendary God.

" I really wanted to see her magical weapon. The book about her said that she can turn her tree branch into her weapon when she fights. They even said that flowers will bloom on the stick when she touched it. Wow, that's cool."

Hyewon is just laughing but inside her is screaming that the Flowery God is not like this. But she is also afraid that her friend will be worried for the Flowery God and refused her little with the Yin-Yang so she never told her about what had really happened on that night.

" It is lucky for you to meet her at that time."

" Yea- yeah."

Hyewon lied that she met with Son Chaeyoung at the old building who was also there to investigate the case as she didn't want to tell that she has made a plan with the tricksters, Yin-Yang. And luckily, Chaeyeon believed her.

Hyewon is feeling bad but she has no choice. She has to do it for Kwon Eunbi. No, she means- for her mission. Hyewon takes a glance at the human girl with the thought. She is sitting inside the circle and reading a thick book. 

" Hyewon-ah, look."

Chaeyeon suddenly slaps her arm and she points to a figure who appears in front of their dorm from nowhere. Hummm, where did the power she got? Hyewon remembers that Yin-Yang is behind this so her wonder disappears again.

Son Chaeyoung looks up and she notices that they have opened their window and the lights is on. She waves at them and Chaeyeon waves back in excitement. But Hyewon knows something is not right so she jumps down from the window to greet her senior.

" Sambae-nim."

" Glad you got my message. Pull me up to your room. I can't open this door or I don't have any power to climb to your floor so- "

" Oh."

Hyewon nods and she grabs Chaeyoung's wrist. And she jumps back to their room where Lee Chaeyeon is excitingly waiting for her.

" Hel- hello, Sambae-nim. I'm Lee Chaeyeon-imida."

" Nae. Nice to meet you."

They are greeting each other and Chaeyeon seems she is really excited to talk to the infamous God although she is a little different from the drawings.

" Ummm, Sambae-nim, where is your stick? "

She suddenly asks and Hyewon feels sorry the senior. But Chaeyoung takes a glance at Hyewon and she seems to understand that Hyewon still didn't tell Chaeyeon about her.

At that time, Hyewon thinks like Chaeyoung is about to blame her but she just smiles widely at the juniors, flashing her dimple.

" This is my secret. I can pick up any stick on the ground and  turn it into my weapon."

Then she leans to Chaeyeon and whispers.

" This is a top secret so it will be the best if you do not speard this info."

" Of course, I won't."

Chaeyeon said loudly and Chaeyoung is laughing. She then notices the human girl who is standing in the middle of the circle and looking at them with round eyes.

" Is this the one? "

" Nae, Sambae."

Chaeyoung looks at her and she touches her own hair.

" I think I have to do something with my hair."

" No, this Ramen hairstyle really suits you."

Chaeyeon said and Hyewon laughs out loud, receiving a glare from the Flowery God. Then she asks them where the bathroom is and she enters into the bathroom to wash her hair. She then straightening her hair with the help of Eunbi's things.

They have to give her Eunbi's clothes and Chaeyoung wears them.

" Wow, you look like Kwon Eunbi now."

Hyewon whispers. Chaeyoung and Eunbi have almost the same height and their blonde hair are similar so it is easier to turn Chaeyoung into Eunbi.

Chaeyoung's curly ramen like hair is now neatly straighten and it falls on her shoulder. She looks like an innocent girl and no one will believe that she is a God if they see her. Chaeyeon furrows her eyebrows and she asks them all of a sudden.

" I love the transformation but why you need to do this? I mean you can just turn yourself into Eunbi."

" Ummmm."

Hyewon and Chaeyoung look at each other. Then they laugh together and Chaeyoung explains.

" This is my most powerful form. So I don't want to change it."

" Ahhh, Nae."

At that time, before Chaeyeon can ask further questions, they hear that it is already midnight. Hyewon nods and she looks at her friend and Eunbi.

" Ok, me and Chaeyoung Sambae will go to the buidling and search him. Chaeyeon will stay here with you."

" Omm."

Eunbi nods. Chaeyeon sighs and she pads Hyewon's back.

" Be careful."

" Don't worry. I'll be back soon."

" Imm."

Chaeyeon watches as Hyewon grabs Chaeyoung's wrist and jumps out from the window again. The two then starts running into the dark and disappear from their sight. She sighs as she feels worried for her partner.

" Waeyo? "

" I have been partners with Hyewon from the start of the training. And I feel bad to let her go alone."

" Oh, I have caused you a problem."

Eunbi said and Chaeyeon quickly stops her.

" Ah, no. Our task is not to arrest that demon only. We have to protect you too."

" Hmm, you really are a great God."

Eunbi comments and Chaeyeon feels like her cheeks are burning all of a sudden.

" I''m still not a God yet."

She whispers. Eunbi is smiling and she looks at Chaeyeon.

" But I have a question. Why you all are girls? I mean, is there any male Gods? "

" Indeed, Gods have no gender. Our appearances are as we like. We can change it into anything we like, too. And Gods have two kinds of form like left-handed and right-handed. Some Gods are more powerful in male forms but some are more powerful in female forms. 

Like there are more right-handed persons than left-handed, the Female-form Gods are more than Male-form Gods. That's why most of us are girls."

" Ahhh, interesting."

Eunbi nods. Chaeyeon also nods and she sighs.

" Why your friend is totally opposite to you? She is always angry."

" Not like this. Hyewon is a kind one. She is just angry because she has been worried for you."

Chaeyeon talks for her friend and Eunbi shakes her head.

" I don't think so."

Time has passed and they are talking about random things. Eunbi is curious about their Light World and Chaeyeon explains her about their World. But her attention is really on Eunbi. Her heart is skipping fast again and she has to take double cautious so that Eunbi will not find out.

" Chaeyeon-ah, help."

Suddenly, they hear a voice. It is not a loud voice but it still can be heard.

" Huh."

Chaeyeon runs to the window and she tries to look outside. There is no one on the road. 

" Chaeyeon-ah, help us."

She hears again and looks at Eunbi who is also staring back at her. Chaeyeon wants to follow Hyewon now but she has the duty to protect Eunbi too.

" Chaeyeon-ah, follow them if you want."

" I- "

Chaeyeon wants to say No but some part of her is telling her to follow Hyewon. Eunbi nods at her as an encouragement and Chaeyeon gulps. She looks at the circle she had drawn on the floor. It is shining brightly and protecting Eunbi well.

" Ok, listen. This spell is the strongest protection spell on the Light World. No one can touch you as long as you are still in the circle."

Chaeyeon explains and Eunbi is carefully listening to her.

" Don't cross the line no matter what. Understand? "

" Nae."

" I'll be back as quick as I can."

" Just go and save them."

Eunbi said and Chaeyeon nods at her. She then picks up her bow that she has put on the table and jumps down from the window then disappears in the dark too.

Eunbi sighs and she continues reading the book but her focus is not in the book anymore. She has been thinking about the God duo who are in danger because of her.

What if something bad will happen to them? This will be all her fault. They are hurt because of her. She wants to follow them and help them but unlucky to her, she is just a normal Human girl who has no power at all.

* knock knock knock *

Suddenly, she hears the knock on the door and she jumps up in surprise. Who is knocking on the door at this late hour?

" Eunbi-ah, it's me, Chaeyeon. Open the door now. Hyewon is hurt."

" Huh? "

Eunbi is surprised. She is about to go and opens the door but she remembered what Chaeyeon has said. So, she decides to confirm first.

" Why you didn't come up from the window? "

" Because I'm carrying two people in my hands. How can I jump? Open the door now."

Eunbi remembers about another tiny one who just appeared not long ago and this makes sense. How Chaeyeon can handle two at a time.

" Alright. Wait a minute."

Eunbi said and she stands up. She stops her step in front of the line and inhales. Crossing the Golden line will not hurt, will it? But she carefully extends her foot to the front and crosses the line without breathing.

Luckily to her, nothing happens but the line slowly fades and it disappears on the floor. Now the protection circle has broken. But she really doesn't have to think about it.

" Coming. Hold on."

Eunbi runs to the door and she opens it for Chaeyeon. She looks at them and their eyes meet.

" Kwon Eunbi."

 

 

 

 

xxx                                       xxx                                        xxx

 

 

 

 

" This is the building? "

Chaeyoung asks as she looks up the huge old building in front of her. Hyewon also follows her move and she nods.

" Nae."

" There are too many evil forces around here."

Chaeyoung picks up a stick she saw and whispers. Hyewon also takes out her swords and waves them as an exercise before they start walking into the building.

The building is still the same as the last time Hyewon saw. Chaeyoung looks at the floor and she furrows her eyebrows.

" Whose footprints are these? "

" Mine. I went inside last week."

" Alright. Let's search this place."

The two Gods look around the downstairs carefully and they find nothing. Chaeyoung decides to go upstairs and Hyewon agrees. The two walk up along the stairs.

" Huh, it is strange. Why there is nothing here? "

" Sambae-nim. Here."

Hyewon calls and Chaeyoung walks to the broken window. Hyewon points to the outside.

" What is that place? "

" Wow."

They can see another old building to the opposite side. Hyewon furrows her eyebrows.

" Isn't it our dorm? I mean I can see the opened window and light from our room  but why it has turned into an old building."

" The Reality trick."

" Nae? "

" The Demon is using the Reality trick. The Dark World is overlapping with the Human World in this spell and it seems he has used it on this compound."

" Huh? It means- "

" It means he is not here. He is in your dorm from the start."

Chaeyoung said and Hyewon widens her eyes. The Demon has tricked them.

* giggles *

" Sambae-nim."

" Shuuu."

They clearly hear a giggle and Chaeyoung puts her index on her lips. 

" They are so cute. I can't wait to come out and meet them."

" Kekekkekeke."

The two Gods widen their eyes as they clearly heard the voices. The cold breeze runs inside from the open window and they can feel the cold down from the spine.

" Damn. This is not good."

Hyewon follows her gaze to where Chaeyoung is looking and her eyes become double. The plants that they found on the staircases are shaking and they are growing really fast.

" They- they- are they speaking? "

" Yes."

" What are they? "

" The nymph-flo."

" What? "

Hyewon knows about them. They are in the form of a normal plant but they will turn into fabulous creepers at midnight and said to bear flora in the form of nymphs. Well, let's not forget that the nymphs are really beautiful and .

As they are watching, the plants are shaking more and their voices become louder.

" I love the one with swords."

" No, the blonde one is more cute."

Hyewon looks at Chaeyoung as if she is asking for help. She doesn't know what to do as she never fights against them. Plus she doesn't know if she has courage to slide something which looks exactly like a human.

" They are made by the demon. I think the missing girls were turned into the nymph-flo by the Demon. Close your nose and mouth."

Chaeyoung warns her and Hyewon also remembers that the toxic gas that is released from the nymphs have the effect of weaking your arms and legs. She quickly covers them with her palm when the ground under the plants start moving. And it becomes a pile of ground before a head of pretty girls pop out from it.

" Awww, disgusting."

At that time, they both hear a scream from a far and Hyewon runs to the window. The light from their dorm has been off and Hyewon becomes worried.

" Kwon Eunbi."

She looks at Chaeyoung and the Flowery god nods.

" Go, I'll take care of them. Remember that the Demon is tricky. Be careful."

" Nae, Sambae-nim."

Hyewon said and she bows at Chaeyoung before she jumps out from the window and runs back to the dorm. Chaeyoung sighs and she faces her front. The Nymphs have already reached their upper bodies out on the ground and they are trying to seduce her.

" Hey, pretty one, come and play with unnies. Hmmm? "

Chaeyoung quickly turns her face to the other side as their chests will be out from the ground soon. The nymphs notice her action and they giggle.

" Awww, she is blushing. This is cute."

Chaeyoung gulps and she tries to count them. One two three four... they are only six. She thinks she can handle them. She has to hold them with her so that they cannot go and help the Demon to fight Hyewon and Chaeyeon. 

The nymphs are slowly growing out from the ground. They are now crawling on the floor and trying to stand up while talking shameless things non-stop.

Chaeyoung tightens her grip on her stick and flowers start blooming on it. One.. two.. then it stops blooming.

" Huh, C'm on."

Chaeyoung hopelessly whispers and the nymphs slowly stand up and round her. They all are and Chaeyoung doesn't dare to look at them.

" Awww, baby, come and play with us."

" Hmmmm."

" Don't- don't come near to me."

Chaeyoung waves the stick and tries to stop them but they are just laughing at her and they move closer to her, talking shameless things.

" Ahhh."

Suddenly, a glowing butterfly runs inside and it hits the Nymph who is trying to touch Chaeyoung and sends her back. The Nymphs become scared all of a sudden and Chaeyoung is surprised. She suddenly remembers the night when she saw the same butterfly.

She forgets that she is circled by the women and she accidently looks up, she thinks her innocent eyes will be ruined by the women but something immediately covers her eyes.

" Don't look at them."

Someone said but Chaeyoung's eyes are closed by that person so she can't see who it is. She feels that that person is holding her shoulder with one hand while the other one is covering her eyes.

Chaeyoung can hear some funny sparkling sounds around her but she can't guess what it is. The hand touching her face is cold, as cold as ice so she wonders if it is a living perosn. But her touch is soft and gentle as a feather.

The voice seems she is a woman but everyone can transform into the form they like so Chaeyoung can't say it is her real self or not by listening her voice only.

She can hear that the Numphs are whispering non-stop and Chaeyoung becomes worried for the person. She seems she doesn't know how dangerous this Nymphs can be.

" Be careful. They will poison you with their toxic gases and will turn you into something like them."

Chaeyoung quickly said and she feels like the person smirks. The hand on her shoulder becomes tighten and she whispers into her ear.

" Don't worry about them. I'll take care. Let's get out of here."

The person is using a soft tone and the air that she released from when she is speaking are ticklish to her ear. And Chaeyoung can feel the coldness and cruelty in her voice. It has no mercy as it seems.

Chaeyoung can't see but she can feel that she is having goosebumps now.