The Snowman and The Goddess

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
14 THE SNOWMAN AND THE GODDESS    

White snow whirled slowly in the air, smoothly falling on the wooden frames of a small window. It was already dark outside and it was snowing pleasantly, which Ryujin always liked a lot. Parents sat at the table with aunts and uncles, and the girl sat next to the TV, where all the relatives of her age were sitting.

 

Everyone around was having fun, playing board games, there was a Christmas movie on TV. But she didn't care. There was no Christmas mood at all, she just wanted to hide in her room.

 

She once again pulled out her phone, going into the familiar social network. Her usual page, but that's not why she entered the web. The girl went to the friends tab, then found the only name that interested her and clicked on it.

 

Last photo update before Christmas. Just a week since they broke up. Yes, Ryujin was now helplessly and almost with tears in her eyes looking at the page of her ex-boyfriend, with whom she had parted ways.

 

Kim Jungwoo, or cutie as Ryujin called him, was her ex-boyfriend whom she broke up with exactly fifteen days ago. Just before Christmas. She had been dating him for two years, she was satisfied with everything, or almost everything.

 

Jungwoo was perfect from every angle. Outwardly, he was tall, handsome, his body was just in her style, and his character was just as beautiful: kind, funny, without any complexes, this guy could do anything, even without worrying about what people think.

 

But ... this but was ruining everything. Such a person will obviously have many friends, and accordingly girls-friends. And Ryujin was never patient and she was always jealous of Jungwoo, she was generally surprised that out of all the girls around, his eyes fell on her.

 

These girls were beautiful, and even texted him constantly, and the guy did not think it was something bad, because they were his friends. In general, after constant conflict, due to misunderstandings and Ryujin's simple rushness, they broke up. And now the girl was suffering alone, glad that at least because of the holidays she would not meet him at school. If she saw him, she would definitely burst into tears.

 

Although, there was a strange feeling: she simultaneously wanted to see him and did not want to, so for the tenth time during this Christmas dinner she looked at his page. He didn't update anything, but he was online quite often. Ryujin snorted, frowning. Probably texting with her girl-friends.

 

"Ryujin, something happened?" the girl almost jumped on the spot when she heard the voice of her grandmother very close. She turned at her with a smile, hiding the phone in her pocket.

 

"No, everything is fine, why?" she still tried to smile friendly. Grandmother looked at her suspiciously for a while, but then she also smiled at her, giving her fresh cookies in the shape of a Christmas tree.

 

“In that case, join the fun, and do not suffer alone,” the grandmother smiled slyly at her, drawing her to the rest of her peers who were talking to each other. Ryujin was amazed at her grandmother's ability to sense people, but she was always close to her and understood her well. She was the only one who noticed that Jungwoo hadn't shown up next to her for a long time.

 

Ryujin spent the entire evening talking to her relatives, eating all sorts of goodies, and for Christmas she got the gift of wireless headphones that she had wanted for so long. After that, they ran out into the street: they began to play snowballs, cover each other with snow, and after that everyone began to make a snowman together.

 

But the girl couldn't. She referred to some important business, running back into the house. Making different snowmen for Christmas was her and Jungwoo's tradition. They made snowmen of different genders, emotions, ages. After that they played snowballs, and the next morning they checked how the snowmen were, and if they were not broken, then they were happy like children.

 

Ryujin felt a hot tear warm her cheek up and wiped it abruptly. She shouldn't think of something like that at Christmas. Especially when her whole family is nearby. When this whole holiday will be over, she will run into her room, hide under the covers and turn off the world with the help of music.

 

Now she listened to her uncle's stories about his trip to New Zealand, then listened to her aunt's story, how she finally found a lovely cake for Christmas. However, although the girl smiled and nodded to them, her thoughts were clearly not there.

 

She tried for a long time to fight against this desire, but could no longer, and pulled her phone out of her pocket. She repeated her ritual, and raised her eyebrows in surprise: her boyfriend posted something. More precisely, her ex-boyfriend. He posted a photo of him in the city center, next to the broken bench and an unusual lantern.

 

Ryujin let out a gasp. This was their place. The place where the two of them gathered for Christmas, where he asked her to date, though the bench was still not broken then, and an unusual lantern was burning green. He was in their place with someone else? This hurt Ryujin badly, and she could hardly read the words.

 

Merry Christmas.

 

Just two words, it is not clear who they are for. So he's having fun with someone now? She wanted, as always, to like his photo, comment on who he was having fun with, but she no longer had the right. She broke up with him herself.

 

“Jinny,” the girl shuddered and looked up, almost crying. Only two people called her that. Her friends, classmates, even her parents called her Ryu, and she loved it. But only Grandma and Jungwoo allowed themselves to call her fondly Jinny. One day, Jungwoo heard her grandmother call her that, and started repeating that after her. This time her grandmother called her. "Come with me."

 

The girl did not even resist, allowing herself to get dragged into the kitchen. There was no one there, grandmother sat her down, and she herself made her some tea. Ryu slowly drank the hot drink as Grandma sat down opposite of her.

 

"What happened to Jungwoo?" She asked that immediately, startling Ryujin. The elderly woman knew what was happening to her, saw it, and could no longer stand aside. Ryujin has always been strong, but apparently not this time.

 

"We broke up," she decided not to beat around the bush, looking down. Grandma nodded, looking at her intently, and Ryujin could not resist: she could not keep it to herself anymore. Words flowed by themselves, and she told absolutely everything. It was immensely painful for her to remember what had happened, but she also felt better.

 

After her long story, the grandmother took her hand, warming her. The girl looked for a long time at the wrinkled and kind face with tear-stained eyes. Grandmother smiled at her, patting her hand.

 

“Jinny, there are times in life that you regret your decisions. It happens that you part with people whom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter