The Playmate and The Delivery Boy

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
21 THE PLAYMATE AND THE DELIVERY BOY    

The weather seemed like it was a snow storm, and Chenle was honestly not happy about it. And how can you be happy if you have to drive a car in low visibility for work, and at the same time deliver everything quickly?

 

It was Christmas today and he had his last order at the pizzeria that he unfortunately couldn't refuse. The guy cursed this person for deciding to order pizza at almost midnight. As soon as he changed into his clothes and was about to leave the building, the boss stopped him, forcing him to deliver this damned pizza.

 

The guy himself was not a fan of Christmas, and he did not think it had much importance, but he could once again hang out in a cafe with friends because of this holiday. He was a foreigner at the elite international school in Korea, which was sometimes tiring, but that also had its advantages: he could go out with friends anywhere, anytime. His parents were too far away to control him.

 

This Christmas, his family asked him to come home, but he referred to a lot of work, participation in a project, and so on, just to stay here and have fun with friends.

 

His friends were the craziest people he ever knew, so they somehow got hold of alcohol and today, for the first time in his life, Chenle will get drunk and sing karaoke until morning. He loved and hated these very friends, since it was because of them with a stupid bet that a boy from a wealthy family had to work as a pizza delivery man.

 

Chenle hoped so much that he would not be hired, because he did not even try for this interview, but luck was not on his side. He sighed at the sad memory and with one hand straightened the slipping cap with the name of the pizzeria.

 

Finally, he reached a skyscraper, which the guy looked at skeptically. He needed to go to the twenty-first floor, and with another sigh he took a pizza and got out of the car.

 

After talking with the guy at the front desk, he finally got to the elevator and went up to the desired floor. Whistling the song he heard on the radio, Chenle walked to the apartment specified in the order. He pressed the bell once and waited.

 

He looked impatiently at his watch and tapped his shoes on the floor, waiting for the customer to finally appear. He could already be with his friends, but because of this order.. Moreover, this person did not even come out. The guy sighed in annoyance and pressed the bell again, but longer.

 

Nothing again. This went on for a while, until Chenle decided to push the bell to the limit, believing that he would leave himself and leave the pizza here if no one opened the door. But he did not have to do this, because he heard shuffling steps on the other side.

 

Someone fiddled with the lock for a long time, and the guy got scared for a second. He looked around in the corridor, there was no one, and all the terrible films that he watched appeared in his head. It all started like that in the films as well: a lone pizza delivery man, empty hallways. What if a ghost opens the door to him from the other side? What should he do?

 

Nerves stretched to no limit and Chenle was already looking with fear at the slowly opening door. It opened and a white tired face appeared before his eyes, from the sight of which he screamed. Chenle even tried to defend himself with pizza, but this person looked at him in surprise.

 

Having examined this thing more closely, he realized that it was a living person. The guy calmed down: it was just a very tired and pale girl. She looked at him in bewilderment, even looking around for a second, checking what he was scared of. The guy became extremely embarrassed.

 

“Pizza delivery,” He tried to speak as if nothing had just happened and handed the girl the now slightly crumpled box. She did not take it, still looking at the guy in bewilderment. Damn, he seemed to be blushing. “So, uh, you need to pay thirty thousand won,” and he awkwardly adjusted his cap to hide his desperately flushing face.

 

And then he heard laughter. Ashamed a little more, he turned an embarrassed look at the girl, and she laughed with her head thrown back, and wiping away the tears that had come out. She took the pizza from his outstretched hand, looking into the guy's eyes, and he quickly turned away.

 

“You're funny,” she giggled, and Chenle felt himself blush completely. It's good that his friends haven't seen that, they would have reminded him of that for eternity. "Are you scared of me or what?"

 

“No, what? Of course not!" He did not want to admit that he was just frightened of an overly pale girl, and his imagination began to play tricks on him. He was desperate to come up with the right words or with an appropriate excuse, but nothing came to mind. And the girl stared at him while her lips curled into a wide smile.

 

"It's just ..." He fumbled awkwardly at the edge of the pizza he was still holding with the girl. She chuckled and continued his sentence: "You thought I was a ghost and screamed like a little girl?"

 

“Yes,” the guy answered automatically, not even realizing what he agreed to. But a second later, when the girl began to laugh again, he realized his mistake and again began to deny everything. "Forget it, it’s okay. Your secret will die with me, ”she said in a whisper and even winked at him, and the guy just nodded gratefully.

 

"How much do you say I owe you?" She smiled softly at the guy, and he repeated the cost, while the girl went to get her purse, he noticed with curiosity that the light from the computer screen was lighting up the room. Wait, was she playing Overwatch?

 

The girl went back to the door again, blocking the view of the computer screen, “Here, that should be the whole amount and a tip for your charming scream,” she giggled again, and Chenle only smiled back. He definitely liked this girl.

 

He slowly counted everything, in order to stay with her longer, and even counted twice, and she at this time carefully examined him. He seemed pretty cute to her.

 

“That's right, thanks,” he smiled gratefully at her and hesitated for a while at the door, as she was in no hurry to close it. The guy turned away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter