The Loneliness and The Dimple

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
10 THE LONELINESS AND THE DIMPLE    

Love is a simple, addictive chemical reaction of the body to an attractive person. This feeling is often compared to the state of drug intoxication and it causes the same kind of addiction. The only difference is one is physical addiction and the other is emotional addiction. And the dilemma remains: which one is worse?

 

“Miss, your wine,” Minah flinched at the unexpected voice and tore her pensive gaze from the wide, decorative windows of the restaurant. Next to her was a young waiter who, with a slight bow, poured her the expensive red wine she ordered. The girl nodded lightly and the guy put the bottle back in place, leaving with a bow.

 

The gaze again moved to the large window, which opened up a beautiful view of the night Seoul. She loved this city, especially when she saw it from such a height. The colors outside slowly shimmered, light snow covered the city, and in the restaurant itself on the very top of the Seoul tower, pleasant music played and muffled conversations of people could be heard.

 

Minah sighed slowly, looked at the lonely glass with red contents and took it in her hands. The wine swayed easily inside and the girl looked with a slight longing at the empty seat opposite of her. She was not waiting for anyone, and with whom could she celebrate this Christmas?

 

Son Minah was thirty-three years old and was the CEO of her own cosmetics company, which she created and raised herself. She was immensely proud of herself, her dream has always been consistency and independence. And she finally achieved it exactly five years ago.

 

She could afford everything: a car of a famous brand with a personal driver, a luxurious apartment in the center of Seoul, and also a table in the most expensive restaurant in Seoul for Christmas. A successful woman who sipped one of the most expensive wines on the menu coyly. But was it all worth it?

 

The girl once again lowered her gaze to the empty chair opposite her. She had money, influence and a job. She quite often felt happy, especially when she buried herself headlong into the deals of her company, and when she was working on large projects.

 

But sometimes it happened as it happened today. At Christmas, she was forced to take a day off because it’s not great to spend all the time at work. All directors offered her to take a day off on such a holiday, and she had to accept this offer.

 

However, what all these people who wanted her to rest did not understand was that work was her rest. She was physically exhausted at home, turning on the light in an empty apartment, ordering food, trying to find something to do. And then she cried. Alone in her empty apartment. She got drunk and cried, wondering if this was what she really wanted?

 

Minah flinched at another dark thought that made her depressed. It was for this reason that she sat in this expensive restaurant completely alone. She simply did not want to sit in her apartment, strangled by her thoughts, but now she realized that she had made a mistake.

 

Around her sat a multitude of people, who for the most part were the elite of the city. But this was not what strained her, not at all. She was greatly pressed by the fact that a happy couple or a happy family sat at each table.

 

On the right was a beautiful girl, whom Minah seemed to have seen on TV, and next to her was a stately man who looked at the girl with obvious love. To the left sat an older married couple with their young son and daughter. Across the empty table in front of her, sat several girls, apparently friends.

 

So it was from all sides, and it seemed to Minah that she was absolutely alone, even in a crowd of so many people. Friendship is useless, and love is just a myth. The girl thought so all her life, but now all her thoughts led her to a dead end.

 

She tried to find herself a man, but there was a significant problem: there was not a single suitable one. Many were much younger than her, and accordingly did not seek serious relationships, and men of her age already had their own wives.

 

The girl tightly closed her eyes, so as not to look around again. This atmosphere pressed on her, but she had already decided to spend Christmas here, and then go to the club. She will pick up another young boy there, and the next day she will forget about everything and finally start working.

 

When she counted to ten, she opened her eyes, and the empty table in front of her eyes was no longer so. There sat a relatively young man who was now ordering something from the waiter.

 

Minah saw that the guy was wearing an expensive suit, his hair was beautifully styled and his face was rather sophisticated. He was her type, but alas, handsome guys are never lonely. The girl just sighed and finally sipped from her glass.

 

The eyes glanced over the people who were happily spending their Christmas. She wished she could be a part of this whole atmosphere of happiness, but Minah just shook her head, realizing how impossible it was. Unconsciously, she glanced back towards that handsome guy.

 

He looked in her direction. The girl raised an eyebrow inquiringly, smiling slightly. So is this guy staring at her? She smiled wider and a crazy thought slipped through her head, but she pushed it away. She did not want to seduce the taken man, so she turned away from the guy, as he smiled at her.

 

He had a dimple in his cheek. The girl noticed this, but decided not to stare at him anymore, although she really wanted to. On the street, it was still snowing in small flakes. The girl wondered, if only she had given a chance to at least one guy who was so desperate to date her at the university, would she be happy now?

 

“Excuse me, but is this seat empty?” Minah turned her gaze abruptly and saw the very handsome guy who was now standing next to her, pushing back the chair. This charming dimple again. The girl was taken aback, while the guy sat down next to him, striking with his arrogance.

 

“It was empty.” She smiled sweetly at him, intending to have another drink while the guy called the waiter. He ordered exotic dishes while Minah listened to his voice with delight. It was melodic and pleasant. “Wouldn’t your girlfriend get angry, if she saw you with another woman?”

 

“I doubt it,” he turned his gaze at her and she realized that what attracted her to him the most was his eyes. “After all, we broke up.”

 

“Looking for her replacement?” The girl arched an eyebrow, and the guy poured wine for her, then for himself.

 

“Exactly,” the guy did not even deny it, bringing his glass to his lips. He took a sip, not taking his eyes off her. “Therefore I could n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter