The Cousin and The ert

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
9 THE COUSIN AND THE ERT    

“Hwayoung, honey, can you come to the kitchen?” the young girl shuddered when she heard the voice of her mother. She looked around furtively, but no one was standing behind her, and her mother was in the kitchen, so the girl sighed with relief.

 

“One second,” the girl shouted back and looked at the window of the neighboring house for the last time.

 

She saw a young guy sitting on the bed with headphones, shaking his head measuredly, writing something in a notebook. Hwayoung had been watching him for over an hour and wondering what songs the guy was listening to?

 

Pulling her curtains, the girl fixed herself in front of the mirror and ran out of the room. The whole house was adorned with bright decorations, garlands and all sorts of sparkles. She went downstairs and entered the kitchen, where Christmas music was playing and her mother was standing at the table, chopping something and singing along to the song.

 

“Did you want something, mom?” the girl sat down at the table and grabbed a piece of carrots that her mother was cutting. She looked up at her and smiled:

 

“I'm running out of time, honey, can you grab Junie with you and go get the cake?” the girl froze for a second, but trying not to show joy and excitement, she rolled her eyes and muttered okay.

 

Inside of Hwayoung, a hurricane of feelings rose up. Excitement, joy, nervousness. Junie, or rather Huang Renjun, is her cousin (a very distant cousin) and also the girl's first love. He lives right in the house opposite and the window of her room overlooks the window of his room. And now, as she already knew, Junie was sitting in his room and listening to music.

 

The girl went to the door and threw a jacket with a beanie over herself and began to check herself in the mirror. She wanted to look her best, but Junie had never noticed her in that way. It was probably right, but she still felt hurt.

 

The girl went out into the street, slightly shivering from the cold. The walk was not long, but she still managed to get nervous. Not only did Renjun not like her, he lowkey hated her. Their meetings were always accompanied by mockery and arguments.

 

Hwayoung herself was amazed why she liked this rude guy at all, but he became so rude relatively recently, as if something had suddenly changed in him and he began to avoid her, to argue with her. But before that they were inseparable.

 

The girl knocked on the door and her distant aunt Kisae opened the door to her, smiled happily and invited her into the house. Hwayoung just wanted to ask her to bring Renjun outside, but her aunt insisted that the girl should get the boy herself. She sighed heavily: the girl was always a favorite of her aunt and she always thought that she and Junie got along well. Sure.

 

She awkwardly walked to the guy's door, took a deep breath and tried to make a face as if she didn't care. A hand raised above the door and she knocked lightly and heard an irritated come in. Hwayoung entered, immediately noticing the guy who was still sitting on the bed wearing headphones. She walked across the room to the guy, settled herself next to him on the bed, insolently pushed him, and took away the headphones, putting them on herself.

 

“Hey, what are you doing!” There was obvious resentment in Renjun's voice and he pulled away from her as if he had been electrocuted. The girl just chuckled, noting that the guy was listening to pop music.

 

“Come on, I was wondering what you were listening to,” and only with these words, it finally dawned on the guy that the girl had taken the music from him. He frowned and reached for the headphones to pull them out, but the girl recoiled on purpose, deciding to infuriate him more. At least like that she could draw his attention to herself.

 

“Hwayoung, give it back,” the guy was really angry and the girl was already running away from him all over the room, laughing at the whole race. But the guy didn’t have fun, he was even more furious and decided to deceive the girl, cut her next to the bed and caught her with gloating joy.

 

However, he miscalculated his forces a little, and now they both grabbed these headphones and fell onto his bed. Hwayoung painfully hit the back of her head and groaned as she slowly opened her eyes. And froze.

 

Renjun was lying above her. Exactly an inch away from her lips, she was able to examine each of his birthmarks, even saw how his pupils slowly dilated. She held her breath; felt his warm body pressed against hers; their hands were intertwined on the headphones, which were still playing music.

 

She thought he would kiss her. He was too close and he was looking at her too sensually, and was not going to get up. Hwayoung even felt herself blush, but the guy abruptly pulled the headphones out of her hands and stood up abruptly.

 

“Get out of my room,” Renjun said to her and walked into the next room, which was the bathroom, and slammed the door loudly. The girl still could not come to her senses: she was lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling and felt her heart beating wildly.

 

After about ten minutes, Junie still went out and noticed with displeasure that the girl was still here. He wanted to walk past, but Hwayoung didn't let him do it and stopped him with the words:

 

“My mom told us to take the cake, you idiot, so dress decently and let's go,” she made her tone rougher so that the guy would not notice the embarrassment and her trembling voice. He doubted for a couple of seconds, but cursing under his breath, walked to the closet and took out clothes.

 

The guy looked at Hwayoung questioningly and she just grunted in response, making herself more comfortable on the bed.

 

“Are you shy or what?” She snorted, as if mocking the guy and deliberately grabbed an open physics book from his bed. “I will be more interested in this book than your body, so do not flatter yourself.”

 

The girl was brave and simply did not want to leave the room, and even more so she hoped that Junie would just take clothes and leave, again slamming the door viciously, but she did not hear the slam. Instead, she heard something fall to the floor and unconsciously, the girl turned her surprised gaze to the guy. And immediately blushed, covering herself with a physics book.

 

Renjun was changing his clothes. He didn’t even go to the bathroom or turn away. The guy stood with a neutral expression on his face, still wearing headphones, and pulled off his T-shirt, already pulling on his shirt. Hwayoung glanced at him for just a second, but that was enough to see his body, pale skin, and blush furiously.

 

She nervously flipped through the textbook, trying not to glance at the guy, while trying to keep an uninterested face. He infuriated her so much at that moment, it seemed to her that he did it on purpose. After some time, she heard the click of the door and looked up: the guy had already changed and stood at the door, looking at her expectantly.

 

She just snorted, and wanted to follow him, but his words struck her with lightning.

 

“You look like a stupid tomato, ert,” and he walked out the door, slamming it right i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter