The Rivalry and The Truth and Dare

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
13 THE RIVALRY AND THE TRUTH AND DARE    

Intense keyboard clicks, day that quickly turned into night. A window on the thirty-fourth floor of the SK Group skyscraper opened a beautiful view of the night Seoul, which is slowly getting covered with white snow.

 

In the entire multi-storey building the lights were on only on this floor, because the two chief managers of the marketing department still did not want to leave until they completed the project better than each other.

 

On one side of the large room, a petite girl sat at a computer, clicking on the keyboard without taking her eyes off the screen. On the other side of the office, the young guy carefully read the latest sales report, finding flaws in it. They were working at their fullest, and these two still did not want to leave on Christmas night, although their entire department was resting at home.

 

“Yes!” Yuuri exclaimed contentedly, leaning back in her chair, getting the guy's attention. She got up from her chair happily and walked over to the printer, which was already buzzing out the necessary documents.

 

The guy smirked and walked over, looking over her shoulder at the documents that the girl was happily re-reading. He grinned, forcing the girl to look at him questioningly.

 

“Carefully re-read the documents before printing them,” the guy's smug voice irritated the girl to the point of impossibility, and she with displeasure revised her calculations and noted with disappointment that he was right. There were some mistakes in the documents. 

 

The guy had already sat down at his table, and the girl, dissatisfied with clattering heels, walked by and threw out the now unnecessary report in a trashcan. Crossing her arms over her chest, she dropped an arrogant look at the guy.

 

“I don’t need your comments, Oh,” she seemed to spit poison at him, to which the guy just grinned victoriously.

 

“In your place I’d thank me, Yuri, I helped you not to fail in the eyes of our supervisor,” he knew that his help infuriated the girl even more than his teasing, so he deliberately tried to emphasize his help.

 

The girl just snorted at this remark and sat down at her computer again, fixing the mistakes that this arrogant guy noted. Sehun only smirked for a second, then focusing on his work again.

 

Oh Sehun and Park Yuri have known each other for almost their entire lives. And they hated each other for no less time. Yuri has always been a perfectionist, she has always loved being the best and she always has been. Until she met Sehun.

 

Sehun was just like her and that was a problem. From the very first day of elementary school, they hated each other, from the very moment they both grabbed the same toy and fought for the first time. From this began their long relationship full of competition.

 

She was better at mathematics, he was in sports, she was in languages, he was in sciences. Yuri liked to rub her victory into Sehun's face, and the guy, in turn, found her faults every time, noting her mistakes with a grin, as he did right now.

 

Yuri was furiously retyping her latest report, with which Sehun so kindly helped. Now she read the document several more times, as Sehun was doing. This was their main difference: Yuri was hasty in her decisions, and Sehun liked to take his time and he never made mistakes.

 

The girl tore her gaze from the screen and turned to the view from the window.She had to admit that the view was amazing. Tall shiny buildings, roads clogged with cars, a large city and many people that look like ants from this distance. But the most impressive thing is the fine and frequent snow falling from the dark sky.

 

Christmas this year was snowy, which was a miracle for warm Seoul. Did Yuri want to go home now and spend time with her family or friends? Of course.

 

However, after her gaze moved to the far table with the guy sitting behind it. His long legs were draped over the table, and he himself looked serious with a frown. His gaze ran over the papers that were in his hands. It always seemed funny for the girl, how he frowned on purpose, believing that he seemed ier this way.

 

Okay, though, she was willing to admit that he looked ier like that. A little bit.

 

“Have you finished, or have you decided to take a break and stare at me?” the guy's voice, as always, was full of mockery, but his gaze did not leave the papers. The girl just snorted and turned her gaze back to the screen.

 

“You wish,” he always pissed her off, so she was not even surprised at how her mood instantly soured. For some time the girl sat, not looking up from the screen, trying not to make a mistake this time. Especially when Sehun can once again point out her mistake.

 

Her eyes were already hurting from the screen, and her body ached from the same position, so the girl looked up from the document, stretching slightly. The clock showed almost twelve. There were almost thirty minutes left until the end of Christmas. Sighing, she again turned her gaze to the guy, who this time was looking directly at her.

 

The girl was surprised for a second, but did not take her eyes off while the guy was looking at her in the same way. Their eye contact lasted indefinitely, but for some reason, Yuri felt butterflies start tickling strangely in her stomach.

 

"Yuri," the guy's voice made her flinch, but she didn't take her eyes off. Sehun put down his papers and sighed slowly. “Five minutes left until Christmas. And I spent it with you.”

 

His tone sounded offensive to the girl, as if it was the worst way he could have spent Christmas. She knew he was going to say something that would infuriate her. She only opened to answer him with something equally offensive, but she stopped herself.

 

She already got sick of being so tense with the guy. The realization that she spends more time with him than with any of her friends hit her just now. She was not going to give up to the guy in any ways, and peace with him would mean that, but this night she was just tired.

 

The girl sighed, leaning back in her chair. She took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes, which were tired immensely, while the guy looked at her expectantly. Yuri was acting differently, and it intrigued him.

 

"Sehun," the girl looked up at him, and the guy arched an eyebrow inquiringly, waiting for her words. He was already surprised that she addressed him by name. “Maybe truce for this Christmas, since we are still stuck here together?”

 

The girl could not believe she was saying this. After she said it and after seeing his unchanged, emotionless face, the girl immediately regretted it. Silence hung between them for a while, and only the deafening ticking of the clock was heard.

 

“Okay,” the guy's answer was sudden, and now it was the girl's turn to be surprised. As she stared at him with an amazed look, the guy got up from his seat and walked to their boss's room, which was surprisingly unlocked. He opened the door and looked at her expectantly, but she didn't move, and the guy sighed. “Won’t you come with me?”

 

Yuri flinched as if she was waking up from her thoughts and followed the guy into the office. There was a comfortable leather sofa inside, on which they settled. The girl sighed wearily, leaning back in the seat and kicking off her shoes. The guy also made himself comfortable on the couch, eyes closed.

 

For a while they sat together in silence, mentally resting from this exhausting and long day. However, the guy remembered something important and got up from his seat, while the girl looked at him in surprise. The walls in the boss's office were glass and the girl could see Sehun walk to his desk, open one of the drawers and take out a bottle.

 

It didn't take Yuri a second to realize what the guy was carrying. She rolled her eyes, and the guy pulled the coffee table closer, taking glasses from under it. He poured alcohol into them, and the girl scoffed:

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“What are you talking about?” the guy threw a glance at her, not distracting himself from the replenishment of glasses.

 

“I’ve always wondered what you keep in your secret shelf, and it was just an alcohol?” She giggled slightly. She really wondered what he was hiding under this lock, but she never dared to ask. Now, even the thought that she was going to have a drink with someone she seemed to hate was incredible to her. The guy grinned.

 

“And what did you expect to see?” the guy smiled this time without any sarcasm and mockery, which amazed the girl. The first time she saw his sincere smile, she fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter