The Wish and The Peach

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
23 THE WISH AND THE PEACH    

Was YangYang nervous? He couldn’t even express with words how much. Even when he took his exams at the end of the year, his palms did not sweat as much as they did now when he walked down the street in sub-zero temperatures.

 

Why is he nervous? The reason is simple: now he is heading for a beautiful house that was quite far from his own, but he didn't care. He went there for his girlfriend, who became the one only a week ago.

 

He liked Lin for a long time, they were constantly in the same circle of friends and knew each other for a long time, but he never managed to talk to her one-on-one. He only occasionally glanced at her from the side and sighed when she passed by.

 

However, one day everything changed: they both signed up by pure chance in the same club. He would never have guessed that she liked to swim too, and besides, she was great at it. On that day, he talked to her one on one for the first time.

 

After that, it so happened that he began to talk to her every day and discovered more and more new things for himself that he liked about her. The way she spoke, the way she smiled, and what she was interested in. YangYang thought she was perfect from head to toe. And then he realized that he fell in love.

 

It was complicated by the fact that the girl did not give him any signs of mutual affection. For a long time it seemed to him that he would be rejected, that she would simply laugh at him or simply stop talking to him, if she knew about his feelings. But a friend pushed him to this step, and exactly a month ago YangYang asked her to go shopping with him.

 

After such a mini-date, he walked her to her house, the same one to which he is now so hastily walking to, and confessed to her. It turned out to be much easier than he thought, the words burst out on their own, and at that moment he looked at the girl holding his breath.

 

He remembered how her cheeks became bright pink, and her gaze ran around, just not to look at him. But the next second she whispered yes timidly and even gave him one last glance, running away into the house. At that moment, the guy felt like an absolute winner in life.

 

And now, despite the rather frosty weather, the guy was hiding a small present in his pocket and hurrying to the cherished house. When he reached the threshold, he hesitated awkwardly, doubting. Knocking on the door or is it better to call? He looked at his reflection on the phone, then sighed.

 

Pressing the bell gently, he waited. In less than five seconds, the door opened and she appeared in front of him. Hwang Lin. The girl was shorter than him, with short hair reaching down to her shoulders and she was already wearing a jacket. She looked a little shy at him, and YangYang smiled charmingly.

 

"Let's go, Lin?" she nodded and went out with him. The guy walked alongside, sometimes throwing a studying look at her. Should he take her hand? Will he scare her with this action?

 

While the guy hesitated and thought about how to do it right, the girl slowly reached out and pulled him by the sleeve of his jacket. He froze for a second, and she did not look at him, pretending that nothing happened. The guy just smiled, finally taking the hint: he took her hand, intertwining their fingers.

 

It suddenly became warm, and through the intertwined fingers he felt like a current had passed. YangYang felt such a surge of happiness and energy from that small touch that he wanted to run forward to their destination. But at the same time he was looking at her, as a light snow was gathering on her eyelashes. His heart sank trembling.

 

There were many people in the main square, everyone was scurrying here and there, but the most attention was attracted by a huge Christmas tree in the center of everything. Although no, most of all the guy's attention was attracted by the girl standing next to him. He thought she was trembling, so he immediately noticed a beautifully decorated cafe nearby.

 

Holding the door for the girl, the guy went in after her, sitting down at a secluded table. It was snowing a little outside, and YangYang thought that Lin, who was sitting against the background of a window with snow, looked like someone ethereal.

 

They ordered drinks and he deliberately ordered a double cream latte for her. He recently saw his sister watching some kind of romantic drama, and he was hooked by one scene: the girl drank coffee with cream and a small part of it remained on her lips. And the guy wiped off this foam with a kiss. YangYang would not have dared to kiss Lin, but to erase it with his finger - it seemed to him quite romantic.

 

The waiter brought them those same drinks, and YangYang looked at the girl with impatience, and she awkwardly pulled the mug to her lips and sipped some of the drink. And here it is the very moment - a little foam remained on the girl's upper lip. The guy pulled himself together and decided to act.

 

“Lin,” he said rather quietly, being nervous, slowly reaching out to her lips. The girl watched him closely, but her habit got triggered by itself: being nervous, she instantly her lips with her tongue, washing off the cream.

 

The guy's eyes widened, and he froze for a second with an awkwardly outstretched hand. Lin did not understand the whole situation and just questioningly looked the guy in the eyes, and then looked at the hand outstretched to him.

 

YangYang could swear his face was flushed. He jerked his hand back abrup

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter