The Puppy and The Business Trip

All I Want for Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
16 THE PUPPY AND THE BUSINESS TRIP    

Sua slowly sipped coffee in her office, looking at the happy employees of the company through the transparent window of her office. Lately, the happiness of other people has been tightening her nerves, so she put the mug down on the table with a soft thud.

 

The girl got up from her seat, straightened her work jacket and walked towards the exit. When she opened the front door and walked to the middle of the office, all eyes were already on her. As a boss, she looked at everyone in there, relishing their shudders.

 

“Today is Christmas, right?” she started with the most painful topic, and saw awe in the eyes of her workers. Most of them tried to run home for Christmas, but Sua did not let them go until the last, because the project had to be completed soon.

 

Many workers nodded, and the girl simply smiled back, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

“Well, since today is such a holiday, I let you all go home,” and a wave of satisfied exclamations ran through the office. The girl smiled and said goodbye to the others as she walked into her office.

 

Quickly all her subordinates gathered, and she was left in the office completely alone. She sighed and leaned back in her chair, casting a weary glance at her watch. It was almost ten. She didn't want to go home, but spending Christmas in the office seemed like sheer madness.

 

Spinning on the chair around its axis, she looked out the window and she felt a little sad. She was only on the fourth floor and could see a couple who walked along the road next to their building. It seems they were her employees.

 

Kim Sua was not lonely, not at all. She was married to the most beautiful man in the world, but there are flaws in all. And Junmyeon was a very cynical and rather callous person. Sua, like any other, loved the holidays, but she especially loved Christmas like a child.

 

She planned a lot of things for this holiday with her beloved, but he immediately cut off all her plans with one sentence.

 

I am going on a business trip from the twenty-fifth to the second of January.

 

After this wonderful announcement on the morning of December 1st, Sua's spoon fell from her hands. Her face changed so much from frustration at that moment that it seemed to her that even such a man who was not attentive to details noticed it.

 

This statement knocked the ground out from under the girl's feet. She didn't talk to the guy after that all this time. Junmyeon even seemed to accept her mood, but what upset the girl the most was that he didn't even apologize. He simply accepted that she did not speak to him and lived calmly on.

 

Sua sometimes even wondered, how did she fall in love with flint like Kim Junmyeon? However, she fell in love. Fell in love with his gentle looks, quiet care and immense love on his part. She knew that Christmas was unimportant for the guy, she knew that he would never be different.

 

But she loved him for what he is. She was not against his character. But sometimes she needs to show her temper. And now she has declared a boycott to him, not paying attention to him. Okay, after Christmas it will cool down and everything will return to normal.

 

Sighing again, she threw her notebooks back into her bag, put on her outerwear, and left the office. She closed it, walked to the parking lot. Again, she didn't feel like going home. So Sua was in no hurry. What for?

 

She knew that Junmyeon had already left, the house was empty, like her head now. Already in the car, she picked the right music for about ten minutes, until she finally found the right playlist with Christmas songs. They, of course, reminded her of the failed holiday, but she really was a masochist. She thought about crying today anyway.

 

There were expected traffic jams on the street. The girl was in no hurry, staring at the view outside the window. She was just passing the bridge, looking at the Han River and the decorations glowing from all sides. It's sad.

 

Unable to resist, the girl nevertheless decided. She quit drinking two years ago, because the doctor warned that if she wants children, she better not. But today she didn't give a damn. She secretly bought alcohol from Junmyeon when she planned to cry.

 

The seller immediately recognized her, and she just asked for what she always took. The taste of the whiskey soothed her in a strange way. Pressing the bottle in the bag to her chest, the girl paid and left. The cold wind ruffled her hair, but she didn't mind.

 

On the way home, she remembered Junmyeon's words.

 

It's too early for the kids.

 

But if she now had at least a child, she would not be so lonely. A grin touched her lips. It was probably early, but she still wanted to have children from this man. But the guy was right. Kim Junmyeon is always right.

 

Nothing was prepared at home: no decoration, no dinner of any kind. The girl was not in the mood, since the morning was harsh. She tried to remember the numbers of all known deliveries. What did she want more: sushi or pizza?

 

Finally she saw her home. Even it seemed so lonely to her at the very end of the street. Having parked the car without incident, she grabbed her bag and package and walked out into the light snow. Raising her hand in surprise, she caught one snowflake, which immediately melted.

 

A smile stretched across her face. She remembered the happy childhood days. She constantly played snowballs with Min, her brother, but now he was a successful lawyer abroad and could not come.

 

To think about it, Junmyeon never even played snowballs with her. Didn't build a snowman. Although, she never asked. Previously, she did not notice it, but now she felt it especially sharply.

 

Shaking her head, Sua walked to the door and slowly opened it. The door let her in, as the pleasant smell of fresh baked goods hit her nose. Rounding her eyes in shock, she began t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter