Chapter 2

A Star For A Star
After introducing themselves to one another . . . . Xiah felt that he wanted to talk with her more.

“Would you like to join me and my friends?” Xiah asked Iqa sweetly.

Iqa looked at the other DBSK boys. “Are you sure you want me to join you guys? Wouldn't your friends mind if I joined you?”

“No . . . . it's okay. I know they won't mind at all,” Xiah replied.

“Really? Are you sure? It would really be nice if I could join you. Since I would really like some company while traveling . . . .” Iqa said as if hesitating.

Xiah looked back at the other DBSK members who were also looking at them. They all had wide grins plastered on their faces.

“Your friends seem very nice . . . . .” Iqa commented as she stared at them.

“Come on . . . . I want you to meet them . . . . “ Xiah said.

Iqa nodded . . . got her things and just followed Xiah to where the other DBSK boys were.

“Guys . . . . I would you like to meet Moniqa Ramirez . . . .” Xiah said to the other DBSK members.

“Hi . . . . . I am Micky.”

“I'm Max . . . .”

“I'm U-Know . . . .”

“Hello . . . . I'm Jaejoong. It's nice to meet you.”

Iqa gave everyone of the DBSK boys a very warm and friendly smile.

“Xiah said I could join you guys . . . . I hope you won't mind.”

“Sure . . . . you're welcome to join us,” Micky said with a smile.

“You can sit beside Xiah . . . .” Jaejoong said with a meaningful smile.

“Thank you . . . .” Iqa uttered as she sat down her things and sat down beside Xiah's seat.

The other DBSK boys were all amazed that Xiah had actually made friends with a girl so fast. He had always been shy and uneasy whenever there were girls around . . . . especially ones he didn't know very well. But he was very different with Iqa . . . . very different . . . . that they knew it had some other meaning.

“So . . . . what do you guys do?” Iqa started their conversation.

The DBSK boys looked at each other. They were all shocked that someone didn't actually know who they were.

“You mean you really don't know who we are?” Micky asked Iqa with astonishment.

Iqa stared at the boys. Then she smiled. “Why? Should I know you guys? Have we met before?” she asked as if she was confused.

“Well . . . . no . . . . it's just . . . . we have really met someone who doesn't know who we are . . . . .” Jaejoong answered.

“I'm sorry . . . . But I am already very confused. Who are you guys . . . .really?” Iqa asked again.

Max laughed. “ This is the first time that a girl is asking us who we are . . . “

“I'm sorry . . . . if I'm offending you guys,” Iqa apologized.

“No . . . . no . . . . it's all right. In fact . . . we're sort of glad . . . .It's very seldom that we meet a girl who is very natural in dealing with us . . . . I guess that can only happen if the girl doesn't know who we are . . . .” Xiah said with a smile.

“So you still haven't answered my question. . . . Can I know who you guys are?” Iqa asked again.

“We're a group called Dong Bang Shin Ki in Korea and Tohoshinki in Japan,” Micky answered.

“Oh . . . . I've heard about you guys . . . . I've also heard some of your songs. You guys . . . are very good . . . and very popular in Japan right. I'm very sorry if I didn't recognize you guys earlier. I sort of have a bad memory in recognizing and remembering people's faces . . . .” she said.

“It's all right . . . .So how about you? What do you do? I mean . . . . your line of work . . . .” U-Know asked.

“Me?” Iqa was a little hesitant to answer their question.

Then after a few minutes . . . . she finally answered.

“Let's just say I am also into the same kind of work that you guys are in.”

“What do you mean? You're also in the music industry? You're a singer?” Jaejoong asked.

Iqa nodded with a smile.

“Wow! So you're a singer also . . . “ Max exclaimed.

“Can I ask you something?” Jaejoong asked.

“Sure . . . .” she replied.

“You're not Japanese right? But how come you speak fluent Japanese?” Jaejoong asked again.

Iqa laughed. “No . . . I'm not Japanese. I'm a Filipina . . . You guys have heard of the Philippines right?” The boys nodded.

“Yes . . . we have been there once,” Xiah replied.

“So you're a singer in the Philippines . . . . So how come you're good in Japanese?” Max asked.

“I always travel to different places . . . . I figured if I was going to stay in one place for a very long time I should be able to handle having a conversation with the people where I am staying at. And frankly . . . . There are still a lot of people in Japan who don't speak English . . . . So I decided to learn Japanese instead. So I would be able to communicate better,” Iqa answered.

“Oh . . . So how long are you staying in Japan?” Micky asked.

“Frankly . . . .I don't know. As long as I can . . . . I guess . . . . I am quite tired of the busy schedules and the unending routines. I really need a break . . . . I am so fed up with everything. You guys know what I mean right?” she said as she sighed.

The boys nodded. They all knew exactly what she meant. They were all feeling the same thing. They were tired as well and they wanted a break too.

Xiah somehow felt pity for Iqa. He could see that she was really tired of being a celebrity. There were times that he also felt the same way. But seeing her expression . . . . he could easily tell that she was already far too sick and tired than he already was.

“How old are you Iqa?” Max suddenly asked.

“I'm 21 . . . . Why?” she suddenly asked.

“Nothing . . . I was just wondering why . . . .” Max replied but he suddenly stopped talking.

Max didn't know how to say what was in his mind. He was afraid Iqa might get offended by his question.

“What are you wondering about? Don't worry . . . . you can ask me,” Iqa said with a smile.

“Well . . . . I . . . I just wanted to ask how come you already seem to be very tired of being a celebrity when you're only 21 . . . . “ Max answered honestly.

Hana laughed. “That's a very good question. In fact . . . . a lot of people have also asked me the same question.”

“And?” Max asked.

“Let me ask you a question first . . . . then I am going to answer your question later,” Iqa said.

“What's your question?” Max asked.

“How long have you guys been in the music industry? I mean . . . . how long have you guys been celebrities?”

“More than 4 years, I guess,” Micky answered.

“4 years? . . . . That's still a short time compared to mine . . . . I first started to act in TV dramas and movies when I was only six years old . . . . Then at fifteen . . . . I also became a singer . . . . By seventeen . . . . I became a professional model. And ever since then that has been my life . . . . An actress . . . a singer . . . . and a model all rolled in one.” Iqa told the DBSK boys.

“Wow! You already have accomplished so much. You have really worked ever since you were only six years old? So that means you've worked in the entertainment industry for more than fifteen years . . . .” Max commented.

Iqa just nodded with a smile. “Maybe now you can all understand why I am already very exhausted . . . .and why I am always trying to escape.”

Suddenly . . . . Iqa's expression changed. “The life of a celebrity maybe glamorous and exciting but it also has its own price . . . .” she said sadly.

“We all know what you mean . . . .” Xiah uttered.

“So can I ask . . . . are you really on a vacation or are you just hiding?” Micky asked jokingly.

Iqa laughed. “You're very perceptive . . . . Frankly I am not on a legal vacation. I just woke up one day . . . . and I said to myself that I wanted to have a break. So I packed my things . . . . and booked myself a flight for Thailand first . . . . then Korea . . . . and now I'm off to Japan.”

“Aren't you afraid to travel alone?' U-Know asked.

“No . . . . why should I be? I can take care of myself and I'm not afraid of being alone,” she replied with a smile.

“But . . . . if you're a celebrity . . . . aren't you scared that fans might suddenly follow you around and harass you?” Max jokingly asked.

“No . . . I've never encountered such a thing . . . . And that's why I always try to keep a low profile when I am outside the country,” Iqa answered.

“But you should always be careful . . . . You're still a celebrity . . . and there are people who will always recognize you . . . .” Xiah said with concern.

“Thank you for the concern . . . But you don't have to worry . . . . I can always rely on my manager to get me wherever I am . . . .” then she suddenly laughed.

“What do you mean?” Xiah asked.

“I mean he's good in finding me. There was a time that I accidentally dialled his number on my cell phone. And he was able to trace where I was through that call. That time I was in Bangkok . . . But he was still able to find me . . . .” Iqa told the DBSK boys as she laughed.

“Your manager must really care for you a lot . . . .” Jaejoong commented.

“Yes . . . . he does . . . He's been taking care of me like a father ever since from the start,” Iqa replied.

“So does he know where you are right now?” Xiah suddenly asked.

Iqa smiled at Xiah. “No! I wouldn't call him unless it's very necessary . . . . and I have already had enough of my vacation . . . . Because I know once I call him . . . . he will immediately find me and bring me back to the Philippines.”

The DBSK boys looked at Iqa. They all liked her. She was very cheerful and had a very bright personality.

Iqa and the DBSK boys' conversation lasted thoughout the whole flight to Japan. The DBSK didn't even notice how time flew as they were talking with Iqa.

Finally . . . . it was time for Iqa to separate from the boys. Xiah didn't want his time together with Iqa to end. How he wished he could stay with her longer.

“Goodbye . . . . Micky . . . . Max . . . . U-Know . . . . Jaejoong . . . .” she said with a sweet smile.

Then she looked straight at Xiah. “ Goodbye . . . .Xiah. It's really nice meeting you . . . and your friends . . . . Thank you for returning my bracelet . . . . and thank you for the wonderful time I had during the flight. I hope we can meet again . . . . Goodbye . . . . Xiah,” Iqa slowly kissed Xiah on the cheek again.

“Will we see each other again?” Xiah asked Iqa.

Iqa shook her head. “I don't know Xiah. But I do hope so . . . .”

“Iqa . . . .” Xiah uttered.

“Goodbye . . . . .” she uttered as she slowly walked away. . . .

Xiah couldn't explain what he was feeling. He didn't know if he would be able to see her again. As Iqa slowly disappeared from her sight . . . . his heart was screaming and calling Iqa's name. How he wanted to ran after her . . . . and ask her to stay with him longer. But he knew he couldn't do it. So he just silently watched as Iqa finally disappeared. At that moment . . . . he could feel that his heart had suddenly stopped.