Chapter 5

A Star For A Star
The next day . . . . .

The DBSK boys were unexpectedly visited by their manager in their home. It was still very early for their scheduled activities, so they were all confused as to why he was in their apartment.

“Are we already late for an appointment?” Jaejoong asked their manager.

“No . . . . I am just here to tell you guys a very good news.,” their manager said with a sweet smile on his lips.

“What is it hyung?” Max asked their manager.

Their manager suddenly took out a piece of paper and started to wave it around. “Do you guys know what this is?” he asked with a grin.

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked curiously.

“Well . . . . this is an invitation for the Matsuda show tonight. He just sent our company an invitation for you guys. Do you know how hard it is to get invited to his shows? And to be sent an invitation is already an honor. Even the president of our company doesn't get invited to his shows . . . . So when the president learned that Matsuda had sent an invitation for you guys . . . . He told me to make sure that you guys were to attend the event. It is a very prestigious event . . . . and only the elite
get invited. So all of your scheduled activities for today have all been canceled so that you can all concentrate on getting yourselves ready for the show tonight,” their manager said with a big smile.

“So we are basically free tonight?” Xiah asked in disbelief.

“Yes . . . . and the president has even provided new suits for you to wear for the event tonight. We wouldn't want you boys to look out of place would we?” the older man said.

The DBSK boys all looked at each other. They had a feeling about why they suddenly got invited to Matsuda's show. They all knew it was because of Iqa.

“So get yourselves ready now. We have a lot of things to prepare for your attendance in the show tonight,” the older man said again.

The boys could easily tell that their manager was very happy by what had happened. They were all excited to go to Matsuda's show as well. But as for Xiah . . . . he had a strange feeling that he couldn't quite explain. He knew he would be seeing Iqa again tonight. But there was fear in his heart . . . He was fearing that he might not like what he was going to see. He was fearing the fact that he was going to see Iqa as the real person that she really was. . . . . Another shining star. . . . a star that he couldn't reach.

“Hey! What are you thinking . . . .hyung?” Max asked.

Xiah looked at Max as if startled. He was thinking about how he was going to react once he net Iqa again.

“Nothing . . . .” Xiah replied with a fake smile.

“Nothing? Do you actually think we are blind?” Micky asked.

“You haven't been yourself ever since you met Iqa . . . . And ever since yesterday. . . . you have been acting really strange as well. So please stop lying and just accept the fact that you really like her . . . . . . We all know that you keep on denying it. But it doesn't work on us,” Jaejoong said with concern.

Xiah stared at his friends again. He really couldn't keep any secrets from them They already knew each other so well . . . . that they could easily tell what was in each other's minds.

“I am . . . . really nervous about tonight . . . .” he said as he tried to smile.

“Why?” U-Know asked.

“I . . . . I don't know! I just . . . . feel strange just thinking that she will be around Matsuda. Have you seen the way he was acting around her yesterday? I just find it so . . . . so sickening. . . .” Xiah answered.

Micky laughed out loud. “You're jealous! Xiah is jealous of Matsuda!” he said again and again as he laughed.

Xiah suddenly blushed. “Please stop it! Our manager might hear you,” he said with concern.

Micky suddenly stopped laughing. He had totally forgotten that their manager was around.

“Sorry . . . . I forgot,” Micky apologized.

“So what do you plan to do tonight? Are you going to ask Iqa out or maybe talk to her?” Micky asked seriously.

Xiah was very confused on what to do. He wasn't even sure if he would be able to get near her . . . or talk to her.

“Do you guys think I can actually have the chance to talk with her?” Xiah suddenly asked.

“Why not?” U-Know asked again.

“Because . . . . we will be sitting in the audience and she will be on stage . . . and surely after that a lot of people will be around her and us . . . . of course,” Xiah answered.

The other DBSK boys suddenly paused and started to think. They haven't thought about that. They never thought about Iqa'a real status.

“Well. . . . surely she wouldn't be that busy . . . . since she will only be one of the models . . . . and the attention of everyone will be on Matsuda and the other famous Japanese models in his show,” Max suddenly said.

“Maybe you're right . . . .” Xiah suddenly said with a sigh.

“The best thing you can do now is get to spend some time with her . . . .” Micky said as an advice.

“But hyung . . . . what's the use of being close to her . . . . when she's supposed to leave Japan in a few days?” Max innocently asked.

Unexpectedly Max's question hit Xiah very hard. “Max is right! What am I expecting? She is leaving in a few days. Even if I get close to her for a few days . . . . what next?” Xiah started to ask himself.

The other DBSK boys knew that Xiah had started to think about Max's question. They all felt sorry for him. Max suddenly felt guilty for asking. He didn't mean to make his friend unhappy all of a sudden.

Night came . . . . the boys and their manager had finally arrived at Matsuda's show. The DBSk boys were amazed at how grand and star studded the show was. Everywhere they could see politicians, singers, artists, and other famous celebrities in Japan.

The boys entered the show room nervously. They were very uneasy as they all moved into the room. Their manager was somehow taken by surprise as well by how grand the event really was.

“Hello . . . . boys!” Masao greeted them personally as they entered the room.

“Hello . . . . Mr. Matsuda. Thank you for the invitation,” the boys' manager said with a big smile.

“Oh . . . .it's nothing. Any friend of Moniqa . . . . I also consider as my friend. So you guys are all welcome to my show. I hope you will enjoy it,” Masao with a smile.

“Thank you again,” the boys' manager said again.

“Excuse me . . . . Mr. Matsuda . . . . but can I ask where is Iqa . . . .I mean Moniqa?” Max suddenly asked.

Masao laughed. “ I'm sorry . . .But she's quite busy now boys. You will see her in the show. And after the show . . . . maybe then you can talk with her. . .” Masao replied.

“Is she really going to be in the show? Is she going to model?” Max asked again.

“Yes . . . She's my main model. You will all be taken by surprise by how she looks tonight,” Masao replied.

The DBSK boys and Masao were still talking when a girl suddenly approached them and whispered something in Masao's ear.

“I am sorry . . . . but I've got to go. The show is about to start. I hope you will all enjoy the show,” Masao said with a warm smile.

After Masao left the boys. . . . they suddenly felt very anxious. They were very curious as to how Iqa looked and if she really was a good model . . . . and a lot of other questions were running through their minds.

The guests started to take their seats. The DBSK boys waited . . . . . and suddenly all the lights focused on the stage.

As the music started . . . . female models started to enter the stage. One by one . . . they all looked very gorgeous and elegant.

After several minutes of waiting. . . . Iqa finally walked on stage. She was very stunning in her black velvet dress. She walked with such confidence and elegance that the boys were all convinced that she really was a professional model.

Xiah gasped in amazement at how beautiful she was. Everyone around them were all taken in by her beauty as well. He was feeling very proud of her . . . . and again his heart started to pound so hard and beat very fast.

As soon as Iqa entered the stage . . . . a lot of people started to talk. The DBSK boys couldn't help but hear everything that they were saying.

“Isn't that Moniqa?” a woman suddenly asked.

“She's so beautiful in person . . . . How come she is in Japan?” another woman asked.

“Masao is really very close with her . . . . Imagine he was able to invite her . . . . She's supposed to be very busy with her new album and upcoming concert in the US,” a man said.

“That only proves how special Masao is to her,” another girl commented.

Xiah's heart was breaking as he silently listened to everything that the people around them were saying.

“Isn't she supposed to have a boyfriend. . . . you know the CEO of a large cell phone company?” another woman asked.

“Didn't you know? She had already broken up with her a few months ago. It seems the guy was seeing another girl while he was having a relationship with her. So she broke up with him. Do you know that she was already about to get engaged with him . . . . when she learned that he was cheating on him?” another woman said.

“Poor girl!” the other woman exclaimed.

The DBSK boys felt pity for Iqa after learning what she had gone through. Xiah, on the other hand, was feeling sorry for her as well. . . . . so sorry that he wanted to comfort her and hold her in his arms.

“If I was that guy I would never hurt you . . . . If I was that guy I would never make you cry . . . If I was that guy I would never leave you. . . . . I would always stay by your side. If I was the one . . . . in your life,” Xiah said to himself as he watched Iqa.