Chapter 11

A Star For A Star
Xiah and the other DBSK boys patiently waited outside Moniqa's apartment. Max had already rang the doorbell.

"Why is it taking her so long to open the door?" Micky asked the others.

"Maybe she went out and she isn't home yet . . . ." Max suddenly said.

After a few more minutes . . . . the door finally opened.

"Oh . . . . sorry . . . . I was taking a shower . . . ." Moniqa said as she opened the door. She was still trying to dry her hair with a towel.

"Oh . . .it's okay," Jaejoong replied.

"Come in . . . ." Iqa said with a smile.

As the boys entered Moniqa's apartment, they were all astonished at how lavish her apartment was. Everything in her apartment was either top of the class or branded. She was obviously very pampered by her record company.

"Wow! Your apartment is amazing . . . ." Max uttered.

"Thanks . . . ." Moniqa said with a smile.

"I wonder how much this place cost. . . ." Micky uttered as his eyes started to roam around the place.

Moniqa laughed. "Frankly I don't know . . . . They just provided this place for me."

"You're very lucky . . . . " Jaejoong said.

"Please sit down . . . . You guys are the first to arrive . . . . I think Masao and his friends will be here any minute," Iqa said with a smile.

"Masao will be here?" Xiah asked.

"Yes . . . . he and some of his model friends," Moniqa replied.

As soon as Micky heard the word 'models', he suddenly grinned. Jaejoong immediately noticed Micky's reaction and laughed.

"Why?" Moniqa asked as she noticed Jaejoong was laughing.

"Nothing . . . .nothing," Micky replied.

"I am just going to change okay? You guys wait here, and please make yourselves at home okay?" Moniqa said with a smile.

"Sure . . . ." Xiah and the others replied.

Moniqa left the DBSK boys . . . leaving them still amazed at how grand her apartment was.

"This place is sure amazing . . . . Look at the high tech gadgets and the furnitures . . . ." Max said in total amazement.

"She really must be one of the top artists of Sony Music Entertainment . . . Just look at how much they are taking care of her," U-Know said.

The other DBSK boys just nodded. They were still chatting with one another when . . . . the door bell rang.

Max stood up to open the door. After a few minutes . . . . he entered the living room again with Masao behind him.

"Hello . . . . " Masao greeted with a big smile on his face.

"Where are the girls?" Micky suddenly asked, obviously very disappointed.

Masao suddenly laughed after seeing that Micky's reaction.

"Sorry . . . . boys. . . But my models suddenly got cancelled," Masao answered

"Who got cancelled?" Moniqa asked as she entered the living room. She had changed into a body fitting shirt and shorts.

"My models . . . ." Masao replied.

"What about your models?" Iqa asked again. Then she started to look around. "Where are they anyway? I thought you said you were bringing some of your models. . ."she asked again.

"I cancelled them . . . ." Masao replied as he sat down on the sofa.

"Why?" Moniqa asked curiously.

"You said that the DBSK boys were going to come too . . . So I figured I couldn't bring the girls . . . ." Masao replied.

"What?" Micky asked.

Moniqa laughed. "Why? Are you afraid that Xiah and the others will take advantage of your models?"

"No . . . .but I can't bring them because they might notice what your real relationship with Xiah is. . . . My girls are very perceptive and very nosy. . . . I wouldn't want them making more trouble for you and Xiah . . . . " Masao answered.

"Oh . . . you should have told me about that so I could have told Xiah and the others to just play along . . . .so you could still bring your model friends," Moniqa said with a smile.

"I know you could play along . . . . But I doubt it if you could still act normal once he comes . . . ." Masao said with a smile.

"Who will come?" Moniqa asked again.

"Surprise . . . ." Masao replied with a naughty smile on his face.

"What? You know I hate surprises . . . . Come on tell me . . . ." Moniqa said as she went to where Masao was sitting and started tugging at his shirt.

Masao laughed very hard. "Just wait . . . . I think my surprise will be here any minute . . . "

"Who is it? Come on . . . tell me . . . ." Moniqa said again.

"I won't tell . . . . Just wait . . . ." Masao said again.

"You're so bad!" Moniqa said as she started pinching Masao.

Masao and Moniqa were obviously very close with one another as the DBSK boys all observed. As for Xiah, he was feeling a bit jealous . . . seeing how Moniqa was so close with him.

"I am really. . . . really curious . . . . Come on . . . . Who is it?" Moniqa asked again. "I won't stop bugging you, unless spill out who it is . . . ."

"I can't say . . . ." Masao said with a big grin.

Moniqa looked at Masao. She was very confused and she was very curious as well.

"I'm going to cry if you don't tell me now!" Moniqa said as she was already tired of asking Masao.

Masao laughed again. "Hey . . . no crying . . . "

Suddenly the door bell rang again . . . .

Masao stood up to open the door. "I think your surprise has finally arrived," he said with a big grin.

"Huh?" Moniqa asked.

Masao went out to open the door . . . . and within minutes he returned with the surprise he was mentioning.

"Hello . . . . baby!"

Moniqa looked at the person standing in front of her.

"Dong-Wook!" Moniqa happily said as she ran towards the newly arrived guest. She had flung her arms around the man's neck happily . . . . and in return, he had picked her up and swung her around as he was embracing her.

The DBSK boys were all surprised by what they saw.

"Hello baby . . . . I missed you . . . ." the man said with a bright smile on his lips.

"I missed you too . . ." Moniqa answered.

"Sorry . . . I couldn't meet with you in Korea . . . . My schedule got messed up . . . Sorry . . . ." the man said again as he touched Moniqa's chin.

"I know . . . your manager told me," Moniqa answered.

The man suddenly noticed the DBSK boys. He suddenly smiled.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your new friends?" he suddenly asked Moniqa.

Moniqa smiled, then nodded. "Baby . . . Don't tell me you don't know them . . . . They are the very famous Dong Bang Shin Ki . . . . Jaejoong, U-Know, Micky, Max and Xiah."

"Hello . . ." the DBSK boys greeted. They were all surprised at who was standing in front of them.

"Guys . . . .I believe you already know my Dong-Wook . . . .or the famous Se7en," Moniqa introduced the man holding her.

Somehow Xiah's dreams suddenly came crashing down. How he wished that he was only dreaming . . . . His heart had suddenly stopped beating the moment he saw that Moniqa was in Se7en's arms . . . . He was trying very hard to smile . . . and pretend that what he was seeing wasn't affecting him.

And as Xiah tried to smile . . . . his heart was slowly breaking into tiny pieces.