Chapter 25

A Star For A Star
Moniqa's heart was beating wildly as she was being brought to Xiah's room. She was on a wheel chair. And even though her doctor was against her decision to go and see Xiah . . . . It still didn't stop her . . . . In fact, it even made her more determined to see him.

"Are you sure about this Moniqa?" Se7en said to her.

Moniqa looked up at Se7en. He was the one pushing the wheel chair . . . . and she could see by the expression on his face that he was very concerned about her.

"I have to see him Dong-Wook . . . ." she softly uttered.

"But . . . . But what if you suddenly can't handle what you see . . . . You're still weak. You just went a heart transplant . . . Moniqa. Your body may not be able to handle the pressure of seeing Xiah in . . . . in such a condition," Se7en said again with concern.

Moniqa shook her head and smiled at Se7en. "I want to see him. . . . I will try to be strong . . . . Don't worry."

Se7en just accepted what Moniqa said without any further argument. He knew he wouldn't be able to change her mind. She was determined to see him . . . . no matter what the consequences might be.

As Moniqa approached Xiah's room . . . . it was as if he could hear her own heart as it continuously pounded hard. She was somehow scared of what she was going to see. But she still wanted to know the truth . . . . even if the truth was going to be very painful.

Se7en stopped in front of a room. Then he gently opened the door. . . . . and he pushed Moniqa's wheel chair into the room.

Moniqa's heart was totally shattered the moment she laid her eyes on Xiah. He was lying unconscious on the hospital bed, with different machines attached to his body.He had bruises and cuts on his face and arms. Moniqa placed a hand over . It was like she wanted to scream. She couldn't totally perceive what she was seeing. She kept thinking that what she was seeing was just a nightmare.

"What . . . . What happened to him?" she asked Se7en with tears already forming in her eyes.

"Iqa . . . . . " Max softly uttered.

Moniqa suddenly glanced at where the voice came from. Max, Jaejoong, Micky and U-Know were all sitting in a corner of the room. They all looked downcast . . . . and all their eyes were blood shot red, as if somehow they have all been crying for hours.

"Iqa . . . ." Micky uttered again.

"What happened to him?" she asked the other DBSK members. She was hoping that they would tell her the truth.

The other DBSK boys looked at each other. They were somehow reluctant to tell her the truth. They were all aware that she was still in a very delicate condition. And they were afraid that if they told her the truth . . . .it would somehow greatly affect her health.

"Please . . . . tell me the truth," she begged the DBSK boys.

The DBSK boys all looked at Se7en. They were somehow asking some help from him. They didn't know if they should tell her the truth or not.

"Moniqa . . . . Xiah . . . . was in a car accident," Se7en said. He knew that he needed to lie . . . . for Moniqa's sake.

"Car accident?. . . . Are you telling me the truth?" she asked as she looked straight at Se7en's eyes.

Se7en's heart suddenly skipped a beat. And then he suddenly tried to avoid Moniqa's eyes . . . .He was afraid that she would know the truth just by looking at his eyes.

Moniqa smiled bitterly. "You don't have to lie . . . . He wasn't in a car accident . . . . . He . . . . He tried to kill himself . . . . because of me."

Se7en and the DBSK boys were all shocked with what they heard. They couldn't explain how Moniqa was able to know the truth.

"How did you know?" Jaejoong asked suddenly.

"I . . . . I had a strange dream. . . . . And in my dream, he was saying goodbye to me . . . . . And he told me about what he did . . . . " she answered softly. She knew what she was saying was very unbelievable . . . . but she didn't care. She knew what she had dreamt was real. . . . . Both she and Xiah had seen each other on the other side.

The DBSK boys and Se7en all looked at Moniqa with a weird expression on their faces. They couldn't believe what she had just told them.

"What did the doctors say about his condition?" she suddenly asked the boys.

"Almost all his injuries are superficial . . . . But the damaging injury was to his head. As of now . . . . the doctors are still unsure if he can make it through the night. They say if he doesn't regain consciousness by tonight. . . then there is a big possibility that he may never will," Jaejoong answered with a quivering voice. It was as if he was about to cry any minute.

"Dong-Wook . . . . can you please get me closer to him . . . ." she suddenly said to Se7en. She was trying to hold back her tears. She didn't want them to see her cry.

Se7en moved Moniqa closer to Xiah's bed. And as soon as she was near him . . . she gently held his hand and placed it near her heart.

"Xiah . . . . Can you feel my new heart beating? I told you . . . . you didn't need to do such a thing for me. What now? You did such a foolish thing . . . . And now I am going to be alone . . . ." she said as her tears finally fell. She couldn't control her emotions anymore.

"Iqa . . . ." U-Know and Jaejoong both said with concern. They knew her heart was still adapting to her body and her crying may cause some problems.

"Moniqa . . . . Please don't cry . . . . You're still recovering from your surgery . . ." Se7en said as he was trying to remind Iqa of her condition.

Moniqa looked at Se7en and the DBSK boys with tears already flowing from her eyes. "Can you please leave us alone . . . . I want to be alone with him even for a few minutes . . . . please," she begged.

"But . . . . we can't leave you alone . . . . What if something happens to you while we are outside?" Se7en asked with concern.

Se7en and the other DBSK boys gave each other glances, and just nodded. Then they quietly left the room . . . . leaving Moniqa alone with Xiah.

As soon as they boys finally left . . . . Moniqa started to cry uncontrollably.

"Xiah . . . . Why?. . . . What am I going to do without you? I told you I would rather be dead . . . . than live a day without you . . . . Xiah . . . . Please wake up. . . . . I'm here. . . . I need you . . . . " Moniqa said as she cried beside Xiah. She had placed her head on the side of the bed and cried and sobbed uncontrollably.

"What do I do without you? If you're going to leave me . . . . then I will just follow you . . . . wherever you are. I don't care about anything anymore . . . . .except the fact that I want to be with you," she said as her tears continued to fall.

"After I broke up with Akira . . . . I already made up my mind that I would never fall in love again. But then after I met you . . . . you changed everything. I fell in love with you the moment I met you, Xiah . . . . At first, I was very scared to show my true feelings for you . . . . But after awhile I realized . . . . it was already too late . . . . and I had already fallen in love and there was nothing else I could do. . . . " she said with a weak voice.

"Do you know how happy I was when I learned that you loved me too? You made me the happiest girl in the whole world . . . . I thought that we would always be together . . . . and that we would never be apart. But now . . . . . but now . . . ." she started to cry uncontrollably again.

As she was crying, she suddenly felt a hand was softly caressing her head. She immediately looked at Xiah. He was already awake and was smiling at her.

"Xiah . . . . ." she uttered with joy.

"Iqa. . . . I could never leave you . . . ." he said with love in his eyes.

"Xiah . . . . " Moniqa said with joy in her eyes.

Xiah gently caressed Moniqa's face. "I love you too much to be away from you."

"Xiah . . . . I thought I had lost you. . . . " she said as she tried to control her tears.

"I already told you . . . . You will never lose me . . . . for I am always with you. . . .in your heart," Xiah said with a loving smile on his lips.

Moniqa looked at Xiah with love in her eyes. "Promise me, you will never do something so foolish like that . . . .ever again. I don't know what I would do if I lose you again." she suddenly said as she tightly held Xiah's hand.

Xiah smiled sweetly. "I promise . . . . only if you promise me one thing . . . ."

"What?" she asked.

"Promise me that you will always be by my side . . . supporting me . . . . loving me . . . . guiding me . . . . and showing me the light . . . . Do you know while you were talking to me . . . . I was already going through a bright light . . . . But then I heard your voice . . . . Then I tried to find where it was coming from . . . . And that was when I noticed a small star . . .twinkling . . . . Your voice was coming from that star . . . . I heard everything you had said. And while I was listening . . . . I followed that star into a dark path . . . . I knew your love was going to lead me back to you . . . . And I was right . . . . . I love you Iqa . . . . And I promise I will never . . . . ever leave you alone again," Xiah said with such strong emotion visible in his eyes.

Moniqa's tears of joy suddenly fell, one by one. "I love you too Xiah . . . . I promise, I will always be your guiding star . . . ."

As Moniqa and Xiah were lovingly talking to each other, Se7en and the other DBSK boys suddenly entered the room. They were all amazed to find Xiah conscious and smiling happily.They couldn't explain the joy and relief that they were all feeling.

"Hyung . . . . " Max exclaimed with joy.

Xiah just smiled at his friends. He was very happy to have another chance at life and . . . . at love. And he was determined that he wasn't going to make any mistakes again.

As Se7en and the other DBSK boys watched Iqa and Xiah together . . . . they all knew that love was the thing that had brought their two friends back together in each other's arms.

"I love you, Iqa. . . . From now on, I will never let you go," Xiah softly whispered to Iqa.

Moniqa suddenly smiled. She gently kissed Xiah on his lips. "I love you Xiah . . . .and I promise to be always be by your side,' she sweetly said back to him.