Chapter 15

A Star For A Star
Days later in Moniqa's apartment . . . .

"What are you thinking about?" Xiah asked Iqa as he gently caressed her hair.

She was lying on his lap while he was sitting comfortably on the sofa.

Moniqa laughed. "I'm thinking about how our managers are going to react once they find out that our make-believe love affair just became a reality."

Xiah laughed as well. "I think we are going to receive a lot of nagging after they learn about us."

Moniqa looked at Xiah seriously. "Aren't you afraid . . . . even a little bit? The presidents of your record companies will surely demand an explanation from you . . . ."

"Well . . . . I'll just tell them that I fell in love with you . . . . That is the only explanation I can give them . . . ." he said with a smile.

"Silly . . . . they will surely be more upset if you do that," she replied.

"How about you? Aren't you scared of what your manager and Sony Music will say?" he suddenly asked back.

Moniqa smile. "No . . ."

"Why?" he asked curiously.

"Because . . . . the very first thing I demanded from Sony Music when I was still signing a contract with them is that they can never interfere with my love life . . . . I can be in a relationship whenever . . . . wherever . . . . and with whomever I want. And they agreed to it . . . . It's also written in my contract. So they can't really object if I have a relationship with you . . . ." she replied with a laugh.

"That's good . . . . I'm very much relieved to hear that . . . ." Xiah said while smiling.

"Do you know you're so cute . . . . when you're smiling like that?" Moniqa asked as she stared at Xiah.

"I know . . . . I know I'm totally irresistible . . . . and naturally born very cute," he replied with a grin.

"Really?' she asked then she started to laugh.

"Yes . . . . that's why a lot of girls just love me . . . " he replied again with a grin.

"You're quite conceited . . . ." she said as she started pinching Xiah.

Xiah laughed as Moniqa lightly pinched him.

"So better prepare yourself . . . . you will always get jealous . . . . because a lot of girls always ran after me . . . . ." he said again as he laughed.

"Oh . . . . you . . . . ." she said with a laugh as well. "Better start running . . . . because I'm gonna pinch you until your whole body hurts."

Xiah suddenly moved away from Moniqa. . . . and she quickly ran after him, trying to pinch him anywhere she could get her hands on. Both of them laughed so hard, as they both ran around the room. They were both very happy. They were like little children playing around in the park. They both laughed and giggled happily.

After almost fifteen minutes of playing around, Xiah and Moniqa were already both very exhausted. They both sat on the sofa again to rest.

Moniqa snuggled close to Xiah. She was resting her head comfortably on his chest. She could hear his heart beat as she lay so close to him.

Xiah gently caressed Moniqa's head.

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?" he questioned.

"Do your friends know? I mean . . . do the other members of your group know about your feelings for me?" she asked.

"Yes . . . they know . . . Why do you ask?"

"Nothing . . . .I was just thinking about what they're going to say . . . ." she replied.

"Why are you always so concerned about what others will say?" Xiah asked.

"Because . . . . that's the way we all are . . . . We are artists . . . celebrities . . . We always think about others first, before we think about ourselves," she replied.

"Honestly . . . . I don't care about what others might say. All I care about is you. I love you and i will do whatever it takes to always have you by my side," he said lovingly.

"You're so sweet . . . . Is your twin brother as sweet as you?' Moniqa asked.

"No . . . . I'm much more sweeter . . . . and much more cuter than him," Xiah replied with a laugh.

Moniqa laughed. She was very happy . . . . that she somehow was able to forget her problem.

"How about Se7en and Masao? Do you think they will approve of me?" Xiah suddenly asked.

Moniqa looked at Xiah . . . . "You don't have to worry. Se7en already helped you remember? And as for Masao . . . . he is always skeptical about every guy I go out with . . . . But then he always gives in to what I want. So he will like you too . . . . Don't worry. . . . I will make sure they don't eat you up alive," she said as she laughed continuously.

"I love you . . . . Iqa . . . . I will endure anything as long as you are with me," Xiah suddenly said as he embraced her.

"I love you too . . . . And I am willing to go through hardships just for you. . . ." she said in response to him.

"But I really want to tell you something. . . . But promise . . . . you won't laugh. . . okay?" he said with a smile.

"What?"

"I . . . . I . . . . I am very jealous of you and . . . . Se7en," Xiah said shyly.

"What?" she asked surprisingly.

"I know . . . . I shouldn't be jealous . . . . But I can't help it. . . . Whenever I think about the way you and Se7en . . .Aaaahh! . . It just makes me so jealous that my whole body trembles .. . ." Xiah said.

Moniqa laughed out loud. "You're jealous of Dong-Wook? He's like a brother to me . . . ."

"Yes . . . I know that but I can't help myself . . . . I am really affected whenever you are so close to him," he said with a sad look in his eyes.

Moniqa embraced Xiah tighter. She wanted to make him feel how much he meant to her.

"You don't have to be jealous . . . . There is only one person that I love right now . . . . . and that is you," she uttered.

Xiah was deeply touched by what Moniqa said. He was very happy that he felt he was very fortunate to have met her and having her in his life.

"Sorry . . . . I just wanted to get that thought out of my mind . . . ." Xiah uttered.

"It's okay . . . . I understand . . . ." she replied with a smile.

"I just love you so much that I am afraid that I will lose you to another guy . . ." Xiah confessed.

Moniqa softly laughed . . . then she gently kissed him on the cheek. "You don't have to worry . . . . You will never lose me . . . ."

As Moniqa said those words . . . . her heart started to pound.

"I love you . . . .You will never lose me to another man . . . Xiah . . . But to fate . . . . I am really not so sure . . . . . I wish I can tell you everything about me . . . . But I am afraid that if i tell you the truth, it will only make our remaining time together filled with sadness. So I am sorry . . . . if I am keeping secrets from you . . . I only want to leave you with happy memories . . . ." she said in her mind.