Chapter 7

A Star For A Star
While Xiah and Iqa kissed each other . . . . . the media were already busy taking pictures and videos.

The other DBSK boys didn't know what to do. They all knew what Xiah had done was going to greatly affect his image and their group's image as well. Their manager was silently watching everything that was happening. But they could see the anger in his eyes.

“This is going to be big trouble for all of us . . . . .” Micky suddenly whispered to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong just nodded. As much as he wanted to support Xiah . . . . he knew what Xiah had done was totally unacceptable. Both in their personal and career aspects.

Xiah had finally released Iqa. And as soon as they ended their kiss, reporters started asking them questions.

“So the two of you are a couple now?” a reporter asked.

“How long have the two of you known each other?” another reporter asked.

“Can you please tell us how, where and when the two of you met?”

“Do you plan to make an album together?”

“Xiah , why did you fall in love with her?”

“Iqa . . . . after your last break-up with Akira Sato, you mentioned that you will try to avoid falling in love again . . . . So how come you're with Xiah of DBSK now?”

“Do you guys have any plans of getting married in the near future?”

Both Xiah and Iqa were totally confused on what to do and how to answer the questions bring thrown at them. They were already being mobbed by the media people.

Luckily, Masao with a group of men interfered and helped Xiah and Iqa escape from the large group of media present at the fashion show.

The other DBSK boys and their manager were already waiting in the dressing room that the models used for the show. They were waiting for Xiah and Iqa to arrive.

Masao had told them to leave the show room as soon as the commotion started.

Xiah and Iqa finally arrived, still holding her hand, with Masao right behind them.

As soon as Xiah entered the room, their manager had totally lost his self-control.

“Xiah! What were you thinking? For years . . . . we have maintained your images as artists . . . clean and scandal-free. But now . . . . now with what you have done . . . . what do you think the president of SM Entertainment will say now? How are we going to explain everything to him. Aside from that . . . . there is also the president of Avex Trax to also think about. How are we supposed to explain to him too? I told you . . . . the moment I learned she was also an artist . . . . I told you . . . . Stay away from her . . . . I told you . . . . She was just going to bring you trouble. But did you listen to me? No . . . . you had to be the very charming and helpful boy that you are . . . . and you had to help . . . . in exchange . . . . you're going to ruin your career,” the DBSK boys' manager angrily said to Xiah.

Xiah and Iqa were both very silent as the boys' manager talked.

“Hyung . . . . I'm sorry,” Xiah said to their manager.

“Sorry . . . . Sorry? How is you sorry going to fix everything?” the older man asked.

“Please just calm down. . . . We can certainly think of something to fix the trouble they had caused,” Masao had said to the boys' manager.

“How? How are we supposed to fix everything? I am thinking of my boys' future . . . They have worked so hard for years . . . . I don't want it to all go to waste. Can you understand what I am trying to say?” the boys' manager was already very emotional.

“I'm sorry . . . . I didn't mean to cause any trouble . . . .” Iqa apologized to the boys' manager.

“Iqa . . . .” Xiah uttered.

“I'm sorry also to all of you . . . . Please forgive me. I didn't mean to bring you any trouble,” Iqa then apologized to the DBSK boys.

“Iqa . . . . Don't you dare apologize . . . .You don't have to lower yourself like that!” Masao angrily said.

“Masao . . . . But it is all my fault . . . . That's why I'm saying sorry,” Iqa softly said.

“Yes . . . . it's all your fault . . . . But your sorry won't be able to do anything,” the older man said.

Iqa looked at the boys' manager with tears already forming in her eyes. She was very sorry . . . She wanted to help clear everything up. But she didn't know what to do.

“you're so concerned with how your boys' images and careers will be affected . . . . But have you ever considered that Moniqa has her own image and career to take care of too?” a voice had suddenly said.

Everyone in the dressing room suddenly looked at where the voice came from. It came from another older man, more or less the same age as the DBSK boys' manager.

“And who do you think you are?” the boys' manager asked.

“Since Moniqa's real manager is still in the Philippines, Sony Music Entertainment has sent me to take care of this matter,” the other older man said.

“Sony Music Entertainment? . . . . Who are you?” the DBSK boys' manager asked again.

“I am Ichiro Nakano, her temporary manager. Moniqa is currently under Sony Music Entertainment . . . . You didn't know? Well . . . . as soon as the news of what happened at the show room broke out. I was immediately sent here to take care of everything,” the older man explained.

“You're signed in with Sony Music Entertainment? Then you're really a big star then . . . .” Max said to Iqa.

Iqa just nodded. She didn't know what else to say. Somehow she was glad that someone was sent to help her.

“What do you mean you will take care of everything?” Xiah suddenly asked Ichiro.

Ichiro looked at Xiah and Moniqa.

“The three presidents of SM Entertainment, Avex Trax and Sony Music Entertainment have already decided on a good solution to cover everything that had happened,” Ichiro answered.

“How?” Jaejoong asked.

“Only one thing to do . . . . Xiah and Moniqa . . . both of you will have to pretend that you are in a real relationship,” Ichiro answered.

“What?” the other DBSK boys asked in unison. They were all surprised by what Ichiro had said.

“Ichiro! . . . That's totally absurd! Isn't that going to make things more complicated for both of us?” Moniqa protested.

Xiah looked at Iqa. He couldn't explain what he was feeling at that moment. He was somehow hurt that Iqa didn't want to pretend to have a relationship with him.

“You don't have any choice . . . . I was just instructed to tell you of what they have decided . . . .” Ichiro said again.

“And that is?” Moniqa asked.

“Xiah . . . . Moniqa . . . . the two of you will have to pretend that you are both in love with each other and currently in a relationship . . . . Both of you will have to pretend for at least two months. After two months . . . . we can then work out how to announce your formal break up to the press . . . .” Ichiro answered.

Iqa looked at Xiah. She was feeling very sorry that she had suddenly dragged him into a very complicated situation.

“Is that the only way we can avoid further scandal?” the DBSK boys' manager asked Ichiro.

Ichiro just nodded. “Yes . . . and starting tomorrow . . . . Xiah and Moniqa will have to go out and make people believe that they really are a couple . . . .”

“But I'm supposed to leave Japan in a week . . . .” Iqa said.

“I am sorry . . . . But you won't be able to leave Japan until the two of you finished your so-called relationship. You will be staying here in Japan for two months. And while you're here . . . . you will also be doing your concert,” Ichiro said again.

“Concert? But it's scheduled seven months from now . . . .” Iqa said again.

“It has been moved. . . . Since you will be staying in Japan for two months, might as well . . . . take advantage of the situation,” Ichiro replied.

“You're really serious about everything?” Iqa asked again.

“Yes . . . And I already have found an apartment for you,” Ichiro replied with a smile.

Iqa sighed. It was totally hopeless arguing with Ichiro. She had known him for years . . . and he wasn't easy to persuade.

“There's nothing you can do . . . but follow. Everything has already been set . . . . Tomorrow . . . the two of you will have your very first official date under the public eyes. I have already set a dinner reservation for the two of you in a hotel,” Ichiro said.

Xiah and Iqa both looked straight into each other's eyes. They knew starting tomorrow . . . their lives will suddenly change.