Chapter 16

A Star For A Star
"What are you doing?" Masao asked Se7en as he slowly shook his head as a sign of disbelief at what he was seeing.

"Drinking . . . ." Se7en softly answered as he sipped a glass of whisky.

"You just gave Moniqa to another man . . . . and now you're here trying to drown yourself in a bottle of whisky . . . . Isn't that a little too pathetic?' Masao asked.

Se7en looked at Masao and then he smiled bitterly. "What am I supposed to do? I can see that she likes him . . . ."

"So what if she likes him? You like her too . . . . But being the very foolish guy that you are . . . .you just decided to set aside your feelings again . . . . And to top it all, you're even the one who pushed Moniqa to tell him how she really feels. Sometimes I wonder if you're really a man . . . . If I were in your position, I would have taken advantage of your closeness with her . . . . And by this time . . . I would have made her my girlfriend . . . ." Masao said in an irritated tone.

"You and I both know that she likes him . . . We can both see it in her eyes . . . And ever since from the start, all I want is for her to be happy . . . . even if it means seeing her with another man . . . ." Se7en said sadly.

"You're really hopeless . . . ." Masao uttered.

"She had already given up hope after she broke up with Akira . . . But now . . . . she's more determined to find a cure for herself since she has Xiah to think about," Se7en told Masao.

Masao smiled. "That is a good news . . . .I was also worrying about her. I know she had stopped communicating with the hospitals she had gone to . . . ."

"But honestly . . . . do you think she will ever get a suitable heart donor? It's been two years . . . .and the ones the doctors get her always doesn't match. Frankly . . . .I am starting to think whether those doctors are really doing their jobs," Se7en said irritatedly.

"Hey . . . . It isn't the doctors fault . . . . They are doing the best they can do to help her," Masao said with a sigh.

"There are millions of people in the whole world and they can't find a single compatible donor. . . . Now that is pathetic!" Se7en said as he poured himself another glass of whisky.

"Does Xiah know about Moniqa's condition?" Masao suddenly asked.

"No . . . Moniqa doesn't want him to know about it. I think she will be hiding it from him as long as she can . . . ." Se7en replied.

"Silly girl! Why would she do that?" Masao asked as he shook his head.

"She doesn't want him to pity her and she doesn't want him to leave her like what Akira did . . . . " Se7en replied again.

"Akira? Akira is a total fool! Why would Xiah leave Moniqa if he truly loves her just because she's sick . . . ." Masao uttered angrily.

"Masao loved Moniqa . . . . but he left her as soon as he learned that she is sick. He didn't want a dying lover in his hands . . . . We can't deny the fact that some men are like that . . . ." Se7en said as he continuously drank the glass of whisky that he was holding.

Masao looked at Se7en. "Tell me honestly . . . . Are you like those men you are talking about? Frankly I still can't figure out the real reason why you keep on denying your true feelings for Moniqa . . . . And you just keep on letting her go to some other man while you're left sitting in a corner drinking away your blues . . . ."

Se7en slowly looked at the glass that he was holding. It was already empty. . . . then he suddenly laughed.

"I am not afraid to have a dying lover . . . . if only she would want to have me . . . . That is the main point of it all . . . . I would gladly accept Moniqa . . . . But the question is . . . . 'Will she accept me?' . . . . So you see . . . . it is quite complicated," Se7en said with a bitter smile.

"Complicated? I don't think so. You're the only one who is making everything complicated . . . ." Masao replied.

Se7en took the bottle of whisky on the counter table . . . . Then he poured himself another glass . . .

"Are you really trying to get drunk?" Masao asked angrily.

Se7en looked at Masao with a fake smile. "Who? Me? Drunk? No . . . . I am not drunk . . . ." then he laughed out loud.

Se7en was already drunk. He had already drank a couple of beer in a club he had gone to.

"Se7en . . . . You're drunk already. I knew it the moment you stepped into my house. So don't lie . . . ."

Se7en laughed again. "Sorry . . . . Yeah . . . I've already drunk at a bar I had gone to . . . . But it was only four bottles . . . ."

"Four bottles and what? . . . . You've already drank half the bottle of whisky . . ." Masao said again.

"So do you think . . . . Moniqa will ever get her operation done?" Se7en asked seriously all of a sudden.

"I hope so . . . . We both love her . . . . But in my case . . . . I only love her as a sister . . .." Masao answered.

"I love her? Yes! I love her . . . . . I love her . . . . I love Moniqa . . . . I love Moniqa . . . ." Se7en started to say as he twirled around the room. He was already drunk and he wanted to play around.

Masao laughed. "Yeah . . . .you fool! You love her . . . . You should try and be true to yourself and just admit it . . . ."

Se7en looked at Masao . . . . Then he started to laugh. "I have loved her for the past four years. . . . I love her with all my heart . . . .I love Iqa . . Why doesn't she love me back? . . . Am I that unlovable? I love her and she doesn't even know . . . .I love her . . . . I love . . . Iqa . . ." Se7en suddenly looked at the direction that Masao was looking at. He was shocked at what he saw.

Moniqa was standing right in front of him near the door, with her eyes wide with shock. She had obviously been standing there long enough to hear everything that he had said.

"Moniqa . . . ." Se7en uttered.

"Dong-Wook . . . ." Moniqa said in a low voice. She was very much surprised with what she had found out.

Se7en who was drunk awhile ago suddenly snapped out of his drunkenness. He didn't know what to do and what to say to her. He was already looking at Moniqa's shocked expression. Somehow he knew that everything was going to change now . . . . now she already knew that he had feelings for her.

"Moniqa . . . .Please let me explain . . .." Se7en said as if pleading.

Moniqa looked at Masao then at Se7en. "I . . . . I . . . . I'm sorry but I think I have to go . . . ." then she quickly ran out of Masao's house.

Se7en hurriedly ran after her. He wanted to explain. . . . He wanted to clear everything that she had heard.

"Moniqa . . . . wait! Please!" Se7en shouted as he ran after Moniqa.

They were already outside the house.

Moniqa suddenly stopped running and turned to face Se7en. Tears were already streaming from her eyes.

"Moniqa. . . ." he uttered.

"Why do you have to fall in love me?" she suddenly asked.

"I can't answer that question Iqa. . . . . It is like you're asking me why do I have to breathe . . . . " Se7en answered.

"Dong-Wook . . . . I . . . .I'm quite confused right now . . . ." she said softly.

"Moniqa . . . .I guess it's time I tell you the truth . . . .I have loved you for four years now . . . . " Se7en said with a serious look on his face.

"Se7en . . . . " Moniqa uttered.

Slowly Se7en approached Moniqa and then he embraced her tightly.

"Se7en . . . . Please . . . ."

"I just want to hold you . . . . not as a brother . . . . not as a friend . . . . but a man . . . . a man who loves you . . . ." Se7en uttered.

Moniqa didn't know what to say . . . . or what to do. . . . He pitied Se7en. She knew he was in pain. She wanted to comfort him. She then slowly embraced him back.
Se7en could feel the warmth of Moniqa's body . . . .and it was somehow bringing a strange sensation that he had never felt before. Slowly . . . . he lowered his head to find Moniqa's lips . . . . lips that he had wanted to kiss for a very long time now.

Moniqa was surprised with what Se7en did. She was totally frozen. It was as if she couldn't move.

"Moniqa . . . ." a voice called out.

Se7en immediately released Moniqa from his kiss and his embrace. And as they both looked at where the voice came from. . . . they were both faced with the sad and hurt look on Xiah's face.

"Xiah . . . ." Moniqa uttered.

But as Moniqa tried to approach Xiah . . . . he quickly turned away.

"Xiah . . . .Please let me explain . . . . Xiah . . . .Xiah!" Moniqa called out with tears in her eyes.

But Xiah had quickly gotten into their van and had immediately asked the driver to go. Moniqa helplessly watched as the DBSK boys' van moved farther and farther away.

"Xiah . . . .I love you," she uttered again as her tears continued to flow.