Chapter 24

A Star For A Star
Moniqa opened her eyes . . . . The light was too bright . . .She didn't know where she was . . . . She knew she was standing but she also felt like she was floating. . . . . She was very confused. . . . .She closed her eyes again. . . . Then she heard a familiar voice . . . .It was as if someone was calling her . . . . She opened her eyes again . . . . This time she saw a familiar face . . . . It was Xiah . . . . He was standing in front of her with a bright smile on his lips. He was being surrounded by a a very bright light . . . . Somehow it was the light that was blinding her eyes.

"Xiah . . . ." she uttered.

Xiah was holding his hand out to her. She quickly took hold of his hand. And then he started to lead her into a path where a bright light was also emanating. . . . They were almost at the middle of the path when he suddenly stopped . . . .

"Xiah . . . . where are we?" Moniqa suddenly asked. She was already very confused. She couldn't understand it. But she could feel that there was something very different with him.

Xiah slowly looked at Iqa with a sweet smile on his lips . . . . but there was also sadness in his eyes.

"Iqa . . . . . I'm so happy to see you again . . . . even for the last time," he said.

"Xiah . . . . I'm very confused already . . . . Can you please answer me . . . . Where are we?" she asked while looking at Xiah's sad face.

"We're between heaven and earth . . . . I brought you here . . . .because I just wanted to be able to spend some time with you . . . . before you go back . . . ." he said as he tried to hold back his tears.

"Go back? . . . . . Between heaven and earth? . . . . Xiah . . . . Please you're scaring me . . . . Stop it . . . . please," Iqa said with a quivering voice.

Moniqa saw the sadness in Xiah's eyes. "What have you done . . . . Xiah?" she suddenly asked nervously.

Xiah smiled bitterly. "I did it for you . . . . . I love you Iqa . . . . And I am willing to do anything for you . . . . "

"What do you mean?" she asked again. She was already very confused.

"I love you Iqa. . . . So I gave up my own life . . . . just to save you . . . ." he answered.

Moniqa was shocked with what Xiah had said.

"What? What are you saying? Give up your own life . . . . just to save me? What do you mean? Xiah . . . . What are you trying to say?" Moniqa asked with a raised voice. She was already very emotional. She didn't like the way Xiah was talking. And she didn't like what he was trying to say.

"I'm sorry . . . . Iqa . . . ." Xiah uttered as tears slowly flowed from his eyes. . . . one by one . . . .

Moniqa's heart somehow stopped the moment she finally realized what he was trying to say.

"No . . . . no . . . . . no . . . . ." Iqa shouted. She suddenly felt very weak. "What have you done . . . . Xiah? Why?" she asked again as she finally broke down into tears. She was very weak that she suddenly fell down on her knees. "Why? Why?" she asked again and again as she continuously cried.

Xiah gently embraced Moniqa. He didn't want to see her in so much pain. "Iqa . . . . please stop crying . . . ." he begged as tears also flowed from his eyes.

"You're dead? Is that it? What did you do? What did you do Xiah? . . . . Why did you do it? You're not supposed to die . . . . . I'm the one who's dying . . . . not you . . . ." she said as she stared at Xiah.

Xiah smiled bitterly. "I really can't explain what I did . . . . But just bear in mind . . . . I did it because of my love for you . . . . . I wanted to give you another chance at life. You still have many things to accomplish in your life . . . . And I want you to be able to enjoy the wonderful things that life can offer you . . . ."

"What about you? Have you even thought about yourself? You also have a lot to offer the world . . . . You can also accomplish so many things in your life . . . . And you just decided to throw it all away just to save someone who is already dying . . . . What you did is totally foolish . . . . Do you think I would be happy . . . . that I am alive and you're not? . . . .Do you even think that I can live a single day without you? . . .Xiah . . . . I love you . . . . even if you gave up your life for me . . . . I'm sorry . . . . but I can't continue living without you . . . ."

"No . . . . Iqa . . . . You have to continue with your life . . . . You have to . . . . not only for yourself . . . . but also for me . . . . I want you to be happy . . . .So you have to continue living . . . ." he said as he tried to control his emotions.

"You want me to be happy?" Moniqa angrily shouted.

"Iqa . . . ."

"I can never be happy . . . . without you . . . . Xiah . . . ." she said as tears continuously flowed out of her eyes. She was already sobbing uncontrollably.

Xiah didn't know what to do or what to say to ease Moniqa's pain. They were both in pain. . . . and somehow he wanted to undo what he had done . . . . He didn't want to leave Moniqa alone . . . . He loved her too much.

"I'm sorry . . . . " he said as he held Iqa tighter. Tears were already streaming down his face.

Moniqa continuously cried as she was in Xiah's arms. She couldn't bear to be away from him. She couldn't even bear the thought of not being able to see him . . . . hold him . . . . kiss him . . . .

"Iqa . . . . promise me . . . . you'll try to be happy . . . ." Xiah said again.

"No! I won't be happy . . . . I will never be happy . . . . I will follow you wherever you go Xiah . . . . So even if I survive . . . . . I will just kill myself . . . . so I can be with you . . . ." Moniqa said with a hard tone in her voice. She was angry . . . . angry at Xiah . . . . angry at herself . . . . angry at everything around her.

"Moniqa . . . ." Xiah uttered.

"I can't live without you . . . . Can't you understand me? I don't know if I can last a day without you . . . ." she said as she tried to control her tears.

Xiah stared at Iqa's beautiful face as her tears continuously flowed. He didn't want to see her cry. . . . . How he hated seeing her cry . . . .His heart was aching so badly. He wanted the pain to stop. He didn't know if what he did was right or wrong . . . . But at that time . . . . for him . . . it was the only thing he could do for the woman he loved. And he didn't really give much thought to what the consequences would be . . . . or about the outcome of his actions . . . . He just followed what his heart was dictating.

Xiah kissed Moniqa's head. . . . and he embraced tightened. He wanted to feel the warmth of her body . . . . It was the last time that he would be able to hold her. His tears suddenly started to fall again.

"Please . . . . let this just be a dream . . . ." he silently uttered. The pain was already driving him mad. He wanted to scream . . . . He felt like someone was torturing him . . . . over and over again. And as he held Iqa in his arms . . . . somehow the torment was just too much for both of them. He was already thinking what they have done to deserve such agony . . . .

"Xiah . . . . Please just stay by my side . . . .I can't live without you," Iqa softly uttered. She was feeling very weak. She didn't know why . . . . but she felt like she was ready to give up. She didn't care about her life anymore. . . . What was more important to her was the fact that she didn't want to be separated from him.

Xiah's heart ached as he heard Iqa's words. "Iqa . . . . we can't be together anymore . . . . You have to go back . . . ."

Moniqa continuously shook her head. "No . . . . I'm not going back . . . . If you're not coming with me . . . . I would rather stay here with you . . . ."

"But you can't stay here . . . . It is not your time yet . . . ." Xiah said with a low voice. He was already feeling very weak as well.

"It isn't your time also . . . you just made it your time . . . . Come on . . . . please say you'll go with me . . . ." Iqa said as she gently held Xiah's hand.

"I need you Xiah . . . . You're the only man I want to be with . . . ."

Xiah suddenly felt that his heart stopped beating. He wanted to cry out and tell her that he didn't want to leave her either. He didn't want to be away from her. But he knew he couldn't do anything about it. It was already too late. . . .unless God himself permitted him to return . . . . There was certainly nothing he could do to be with Iqa.

Xiah closed his eyes and cried. He couldn't control his emotions anymore.

"Xiah . . . . ."Moniqa uttered as she saw him cry. She gently caressed his face. . . . Then she cupped his face with both her hands. "Don't cry . . . . you're making me cry too . . . " then she tried to smile. "We will be together . . . . no matter what happens . . . ."

Xiah stared straight into Iqa's eyes. He then slowly bent down his head to find Iqa's lips. He gently . . . . lovingly . . . . kissed her . . . . It was as if all their problems suddenly disappeared the moment their lips touched Xiah wanted their kiss to last longer . . . . . he wanted to remember their last kiss forever . . . .

Moniqa's tears fell . . . . one by one as she kissed Xiah . . . . she wanted to be in his arms forever . . . . She wanted to be able to taste his kiss . . . . and remember it for as long as she lived . . . . She didn't want to let go of his hand . . . . She wanted to be with him forever . . . . . She was wishing very hard that everything was just a dream . . . . and that any moment she would wake up . . . . safe in his arms again. . . .

Suddenly . . . .

"Xiah . . . . . What's happening?" Iqa suddenly cried out. She was starting to see through Xiah . . . . . It was as if he was disappearing into thin air.

Xiah looked at his hands. He was already starting to change.

"Xiah . . . ." Moniqa tried to touch him again. But her hand just passed through Xiah's body. She suddenly gasped. "No . . . . .No . . . . Xiah . . . . don't leave me . . . ." she said as her tears started to appear again.

"I guess it's time . . . . Iqa . . . . Please take care of yourself . . . . Remember . . . . I will always be with you . . . . and I will always love you . . . ." Xiah said as he continued to disappear bit by bit.

"No . . . . No . . . . Please . . . . Please . . . . I don't want to live without you . . . . " Iqa said between sobs and tears. "You can't leave me! I can't live without you . . . . I don't want to lose you . . . . ."

"Goodbye . . . .Iqa . . . . I love you . . . . ."

"No . . . . No . . . . . Don't go . . . . . No!!!!" Moniqa screamed as Xiah finally disappeared before her eyes.

Moniqa suddenly opened her eyes . . . . She started to look around. She was in the hospital. She then noticed Se7en and their managers in a corner.

As soon as they saw her open her eyes . . . . their eyes suddenly lit up with joy.

"Iqa . . . . " Se7en said as he hurriedly went to her side.

Moniqa was still very confused. She remembered Xiah . . . ."Was it just a dream?" she suddenly asked herself.

"Where . . . .Where is Xiah?" she immediately asked Se7en.

Se7en looked at the other managers and then he looked at Moniqa again . . . . but this time . . . . sadness was very visible in his eyes.

Moniqa's heart suddenly stopped beating as soon as she saw the look in Se7en's eyes.

"No . . . . Where is Xiah? I want to see him? Please . . . . I want to see him . . ." she begged Se7en as her tears flowed from her eyes.

Se7en slowly shook his head. "Iqa . . . . You're still too weak . . . . I don't think you can . . . .handle . . . ."

"No . . . .Please . . . . let me see him . . . . I want to see him . . . . ." she begged Se7en again.

Se7en just stared at Moniqa . . . . He knew she wouldn't be able to handle what she wanted to see. But he knew she had a right to see him . . . . even if it was for the last time . . . .