Chapter 27

A Star For A Star
Still holding hands. . . . Moniqa and Xiah walked into the open garden until they finally came upon a man-made lagoon.

"This is so beautiful!" Moniqa suddenly exclaimed. She was taken by surprise by the sight before her.

"Yes . . . It is very captivating . . . ." Xiah agreed. He was also very attracted to the beautiful sight he was looking at.

It was already night time and the moon was shining brightly in the sky. While the moon's reflection on the lagoon's water was somehow illuminating everything around the lagoon. The scene was totally breathtaking. It was like a scene out of a magazine cover, that had suddenly became a reality right before their eyes.

Xiah and Moniqa gently sat down, beside each other, on the upper side of the lagoon. They were both looking over the spectacular sight before them.

"The last time I went here . . . maybe a year ago. This place wasn't here before . . . . So Masao must have made this new improvement to his place a few months ago . . . ." she said with a sigh of awe.

"This place is really something . . . . " Xiah said. "The perfect place for lovers like us . . . ."

Iqa looked at Xiah with a smile. "Really now? I noticed that you're becoming more and more of a romantic these past few days . . . ."

"Romantic? Me? I'm a born romantic . . . .It's just that I don't easily show it to anyone," he answered with a sweet smile.

Moniqa suddenly laughed out loud. "Oh Xiah! You're killing me . . . ."

Xiah looked at Iqa with a hurt look on his face. Moniqa suddenly stopped laughing as soon as she saw the look on Xiah's face.

"Oh . . . . I'm sorry . . . Xiah. I didn't mean to offend you or anything . . . It's just that I am not used to seeing you being so romantic and all . . . . " she said apologetically.

"So you mean you don't like me to show you how much I love you?" Xiah asked with a strange expression on his face.

"No . . . . no . . . . what I mean is . . . . Oh! Never mind . . . . I just love you the way you are," Iqa said as she gently embraced Xiah. "Is your brother as sweet as you? I never even met your twin brother yet . . . ."

"Don't worry . . . . You will meet him. He is also very much interested in meeting you," Xiah said with a smile.

Moniqa suddenly release Xiah from his embrace and then she leaned against Xiah's shoulder.

"Can we be like this forever?" she asked suddenly.

Xiah looked at the sky . . . . then she slowly stared at Iqa as she was resting her head on his shoulder. "Yes . . . . we can . . . . if you like," he answered.

Moniqa raised her head and stared at at Xiah for a few minutes. . . . then she suddenly took Xiah's hand and held it between her two hands.

"Why do I suddenly feel that you're going to say something that I won't like?" Xiah said as she tried to hide his fear with a smile.

Iqa smiled. "Yes . . . I am going to say something . . . . and you're right . . . .You may not like what I am going to say . . . . "

Xiah's smile totally disappeared the moment he heard what Moniqa said.

"Then I don't want to hear it!" he said as he looked at the lagoon.

"Xiah . . . ." she softly uttered his name.

"Whatever it is . . . the answer is no," he replied with a serious expression on his face.

"Xiah . . . . how can you easily say no to something you haven't heard yet?" she asked with a sweet smile.

Xiah stared at Iqa's eyes. "I'm afraid . . . ." he uttered.

"Afraid of what?" Moniqa asked surprisedly.

"Of you . . . . leaving me," he replied with a weak voice.

Moniqa smiled. "I'm not going to leave you. It's just going to be a short vacation back to the Philippines . . . . just two weeks, Xiah."

Xiah was very surprised. He didn't want Moniqa to be away from him even for one day. How was he going to survive two weeks without her.

"Two weeks?" he asked with a surprised look in his eyes. He then hugged her from behind. He embraced her so tightly that Moniqa suddenly felt pity for him.

"Xiah . . . . Don' be like this . . . . please," she softly said.

"But I don't want you to go . . . . I can't live without you . . . . " he said again.

"Xiah . . . . I've been gone from the Philippines for more than three months now. I have left so many unfinished commitments that its already driving my manager crazy. I have to take care of those responsibilities . . . . Baby, please try and understand," she said as she gently held his hand.

Xiah looked out at the lagoon again. He didn't know what to say. He undertsood Moniqa's situation and the rason why she had to leave. But he was still reluctant to be away from her . . . . His heart was too afraid to let her go.

"Xiah . . . ."

"I understand why you must leave. But like I've said before . . . . I'm scared," he softly uttered.

Moniqa leaned her head on Xiah's chest and tried to snuggle comfortably in his arms. She leaned on his chest . . . that she was able to hear his heart beating. Xiah's heart was beating hard and very fast. Moniqa's heart was also beating fast . . . and was also aching. She didn't want to see him so sad. But there was nothing she could do.

"Xiah . . . . I have to go back . . . . I have to finish all the things I have left behind."

Xiah placed his head beside Iqa's head. He then lovingly kissed her head. He was so close to her that he could smell the scent of her hair and he could feel the warmth of her body. He was somehow feeling a strange sensation building up inside his body. A sensation he had never felt before.

"So . . . you've already made up your mind . . . . And I guess I can't stop you anymore," he said with a sad voice.

Moniqa was suddenly regretting that she had told Xiah about her trip back to the Philippines. This was supposed to be their very first official date after the accident . . . . They were supposed to be happily spending time with each other.

"Xiah . . . . Please . . . . two weeks . . . . just give me two weeks . . . . I'll try to settle everything as fast as I could . . . . And as soon as I am finished, I'll come back here . . . . . I'll come back to you," she tried to reassure him again.

Xiah tried to smile. "Frankly . . . .I know I'm being selfish . . . .So don't worry about me. You just do what you have to do. And just try to finish everything at your won pace. Don't try to over work yourself just because of me. You're still trying to recuperate from your surgery. So don't try to hurry everything . . . . just do all your commitments, one at a time. I wouldn't want you to suddenly get sick or anything like that . . . ." he said with concern.

Moniqa smiled. She could feel the love and concern in Xiah's voice. "Thank you . . . . Xiah . . . . Thank you for understanding."

"So when are you leaving?" he asked with a low voice.

"The day after tomorrow . . . ." she replied sadly.

"So that means I only have until tomorrow . . . . to be with you . . . ." he gently uttered.

"Yes . . . . don't worry about your scheduled activities for tomorrow. I've already talked with your manager. And he has agreed to cancel all your commitments . . . so we can have the whole day tomorrow to be together . . . ."

Xiah's face suddenly lit up with joy. "Really? So we will still be together tomorrow?" he asked joyfully.

"Yes . . . ." Iqa replied with a smile on her lips.

Xiah embraced Iqa tighter. They were both silent for a few minutes as they stared at the lagoon before them.

"Xiah . . . ."

"What is it?" he asked.

"Yesterday . . . I went to see the family of the girl who donated her heart to me," she replied.

Xiah was surprised. "What happened? Did you talk with them?"

"Yes . . . . I talked with them and they were very nice. She was involved in a car accident as well," she replied.

"And?" he asked curiously.

Moniqa sighed. "And I just learned yesterday that she was a big DBSK fan. And frankly the main reason why her parents agreed to donate her heart to me was because of you. . . She was a big fan of yours to be exact. So they wanted to help me because of you. They somehow thought that by helping me . . .They will be making you happy. . . . . And in return, they will be making their daughter happy too. She was only eighteen years old . . . . Her parents even showed me her pictures . . . . She was very pretty. Right now . . . . after learning who thi new heart of mine belonged to . . . . I am really confused on what I should be feeling. I am very sad. . . . because she was so young. She could have done so many things in her life. . . . I am also grateful . . . . because I was given another chance . . . to be with you. But somehow . . . there is this small part of me that is feeling guilty."

"Guilty? Why?" Xiah asked.

"Guilty . . . . because somehow I feel I took something very important from someone . . . ."

"Iqa . . . please don't feel that way. It's not your fault she died . . . And it's not your fault that her parents gave you her heart . . . You shouldn't be feeling guilty, but instead you should be happy. I think you should try to live your life to the fullest . . . .that way you can show her family that their decision was right . . . . and that her death wasn't all in vain," Xiah tried to comfort Iqa.

"Yes . . . . you're right . . ." she replied with a sigh again.

"Please don't be sad . . . I hate seeing you sad," Xiah uttered.

"Xiah . . ."

"Uhmm. . . ." he uttered.

"While I'm gone . . . . Promise me . . . one thing," she said softly.

"What?"

"You won't look at other women," she quickly replied.

Xiah suddenly laughed. "Why? Why did you suddenly say that?"

"Because . . . frankly . . . I am also afraid to leave you . . . I'm afraid that when I'm in the Philippines, you would suddenly meet a new girl and you would forget all about me . . . ." she answered as if somehow depressed.

"Hey . . . look at me," Xiah said as he made Moniqa face him. "I love you . . . and I will continue loving you no matter who comes along and no matter what happens."

"Honestly . . . . I am a bit insecure . . . . All your wounds have already healed perfectly. It's as if you were never involved in a car accident . . . . You're back to the same cute and adorable Xiah. While as for me . . . not all my wounds have healed perfectly. I already have so many scars . . . I am quite embarrassed to wear skirts or show off my arms now. . . . That's why . . . while you were talking to those models, I was feeling very jealous. You easily attract any woman's attention . . . . And that is what I am most afraid of . . . . compared with those models . . . . I am nothing now," she confessed.

Xiah looked at Iqa's face. Then he gently kissed her on the forehead.

"You don't have to be worried about anything . . . . I am yours . . . all yours . . . .I will never give my heart to any other girl except you," Xiah said with a sweet smile.

"Really? What if . . . . someone more beautiful . . . . young . . . . sweet . . . ."

"Ssshhh. . . . ." Xiah gently placed his finger on Moniqa's lips to stop her from talking.

"I love you, Iqa. . . . . And I will never love any other woman except you," Xiah sais with love in his eyes. "I don't care about those scars on your body . . . . what I care about is you . . . . You're alive . . . . safe here by my side . . . . That is all that matters to me."

"Xiah . . . ."

They both looked into each other's eyes. . . . and they finally saw the love that they were desperately searching for. They knew right at that moment . . . . nothing could keep them apart . . . . not time . . . nor distance.

Xiah suddenly smiled. "It's already cold . . . . I think we should go in now . . . ." he softly said as he saw Iqa control her shiver due to the cold breeze.

Iqa nodded. "Maybe they are already looking for us . . . ." she agreed.

As Xiah and Moniqa and went back into the mansion, they immediately noticed that it had suddenly became very quiet. They entered the mansion quite puzzled. Then they found a note waiting for them on the door leading to the living room.

Xiah & Moniqa,

We went out to a club . . . . We know that the two of you needed some time alone so we didn't invite you along. We will be late in coming home so don't wait up. Hope the two of you will have your special time together.


Masao

Xiah suddenly laughed lightly.

"Why?" Iqa asked quite puzzled with Xiah's sudden laugh.

"Nothing . . . . It's just that your friend Masao is really something . . . ." Xiah answered.

"Yes . . . . he is . . ."

"So . . . . I have you all alone tonight . . . ." Xiah with a smile.

"Are you really happy that you're stuck here with me . . . . while all your friends are out partying with those gorgeous girls . . . ." Moniqa teased.

Xiah just shook his head. "No . . . . not the least envious . . . ." he replied with a sweet smile.

"Really?" she asked again.

Xiah suddenly embraced Iqa from behind. "I can stay awake all night . . . . just as long as you're in my arms."

Moniqa's heart was totally touched with Xiah's words. She could feel the deep love that he had for her. And it was bringing her so much happiness that she had never felt before.

"Xiah . . . . ." she softly uttered.

"Iqa . . . . ."

They were already facing each other now. Their eyes were somehow in a trance. Deep in each other's eyes they saw love. . . . . love that they both knew was going to last forever.

Xiah slowly started to lower his head. And he gently brushed his lips with feather-lightness over hers. Their lips met and somehow it made them totally forget about all their worries. They loved each other and it was the only thing that was important right at that moment. Xiah's kiss was very gentle at first . . . . but as time passed his kiss became more exploring and more passionate. Iqa didn't stop him. She wanted to remember their kiss. They were being pulled into an overwhelming emotion that both of them had never felt before.

As Xiah and Iqa continued to share their special moment together . . . . it was as if the time inside the mansion had suddenly stopped . . . They didn't have any worries or fears . . . .all they had at that moment was the love for each other . . . .While outside . . . . the moon continued to shine and the cold breeze continued to blow.

They knew that nothing was going to separate them . . . . ever again.