Chapter 21

A Star For A Star
Moniqa was silently sitting on the sofa while drinking a glass of wine. She had been staring blankly at the TV screen for almost an hour. Her break up with Xiah had already been announced by Sony Music a few days ago. Many reporters covered the sudden press conference and it was even aired live in a showbiz program. She wanted to think . . . . but there was nothing on her mind . . . . except the fact that Xiah and her were finally over. She suddenly laughed bitterly as tears rolled down from her eyes. She was missing Xiah badly, and it was driving her mad. She wanted to forget . . . . forget everything . . . .

She had been dreaming of him these passed few days. She didn't want to think about him anymore, but he just kept on appearing in her head. She slowly twirled the glass of wine in her hand. It was already empty. She suddenly tossed the glass of wine on the floor. And within seconds . . . . the glass had shattered into tiny pieces. Then she saw the two bottles of wine next to her . . . she quickly grabbed them, one by one and tossed them on the floor as well.

She was missing Xiah so much . . . . she had tried every possible way to forget him. But she just kept on thinking about him. He was like air she couldn't live without. She couldn't control her mind . . . . and especially not her heart. She was already crazy with her longing for him.

She had been drinking for hours and the wine had already taken effect . . . . both in her body and in her mind. She was already drunk and she wasn't thinking straight. She was already feeling very dizzy. Slowly she tried to stand from the sofa that she was sitting on. And as soon as she stood up, she immediately fell down again on the sofa. She already felt that everything around her was spinning. She tried to get up again. She was able to walk a few steps away from the sofa when she felt dizzy again.

Moniqa tried to control herself. She tried to fight the dizziness she was feeling. But her body was already weak. . . . and within minutes, she fell on the floor with pieces of broken glass scattered everywhere.

As Moniqa helplessly fell on the floor . . . . she somehow could feel the tiny pieces of glass that pierced different parts of her body. She knew it should hurt and that she should feel great pain. But she was somehow numb all over. She couldn't feel anything. And as she finally lay motionless on the floor . . . . she suddenly noticed the bright red liquid oozing on the floor where she lay. . . . . It was blood . . . . her blood . . . . She was bleeding profusely.

Moniqa just closed her eyes. She didn't care if she died at that moment. She didn't care about anything . . . . anymore. She was thinking that she was going to die anyway. . . .so she didn't need to prolonged it. Before she had a reason to keep on fighting and hoping . . . . but now that Xiah was gone . . . . . She didn't have any reason to live anymore.

The DBSK boys were all sitting in their van. Their scheduled rehearsal for Moniqa and Se7en's concert had been cancelled in order to give way to a sudden video shoot.

"What's with this sudden video shoot?" Max asked while they were in the van.

"Don't know . . . . They just said that it is going to be used for the commercial for the concert," Micky replied.

"Oh . . . ." Max uttered.

"Why all of a sudden?" Micky asked again.

The other DBSK boys just shrugged their shoulders.

"So . . . . hyung . . . .where are we going now?" Jaejoong asked their manager.

"Well . . . . we are all to meet up in front of Moniqa's apartment. Se7en and his manager are already on their way. And the bus with the staff members are almost there as well. All of us are going to pick Moniqa up in her apartment since she doesn't know about the sudden change of plans," the DBSK boys' manager answered.

"Why do we have to pick her up?" Xiah asked unexpectedly. He was obviously irritated.

The other DBSK boys glanced at Xiah. They knew that he didn't want to see Moniqa. And it was the main reason why he was being irritable.

After several minutes, they finally arrived at Moniqa's apartment. But they were the first to arrive at the place.

"Well . . . . we're here," the DBSK boys' manager announced. "Why aren't the others here yet?" he asked as he looked around.

"Don't worry . . . . they will be here. Maybe they just caught up with something," Jaejoong said to their manager.

"Yes . . . . you're right," their manager replied.

A few minutes later . . . . Se7en together with his manager finally arrived in their van, followed by the bus with the crew members.

Se7en and his manager hurriedly got out of their van with worried looks on their faces. They approached the DBSK boys and their manager who have also gotten out of their van as well.

"What's wrong?" the DBSK boys' manager asked Se7en's manager.

"We have been trying to contact Moniqa . . . . but she hasn't picked up her phone. Her manager has been trying to call her both on her cell phone and the phone at her apartment . . . . but she also hasn't answered him," Se7en's manager answered.

The DBSK boys suddenly became worried.

"Are you sure that she's home? Maybe she is with a friend . . . . or maybe she left her cell phone somewhere . . . . that's why she's not picking up," Max asked Se7en and his manager.

"Moniqa never leaves anywhere without her cell phone. And she is supposed to be home . . . . I drove her home last night. I am really worried about her," Se7en answered.

Xiah suddenly felt a sharp pain in his heart as he heard Se7en say that he had brought Moniqa home the night before.

Moniqa's acting manager suddenly arrived. He hurriedly got out of his car and he ran to where the Se7en and the others were.

"What's wrong?" Se7en asked worriedly.

"Hurry . . . I've checked with the apartment's management . . . . and they've confirmed that after she arrived home last night . . . . she never went out again. I've already asked them to help us open her door," Moniqa's manager said with concern written all over his face.

As soon as Se7en heard what Moniqa's manager said . . . . he hurriedly ran into the apartment building. Moniqa's manager and Se7en's manager ran after Se7en. They were all very worried.

"Let's go . . . ." U-Know said to the other DBSK boys and their manager.

"They can handle it all . . . on their own," Xiah suddenly said.

"Hyung . . . ." Max uttered.

"If you don't want to go . . . . You can just stay here . . . . but we're going in," Jaejoong said in an irritated voice.

Xiah looked at Jaejoong. He seldom see Jaejoong irritated or upset . . . . so he was quite surprised with Jaejoong's reaction.

Jaejoong together with the other DBSK members and their manager entered the apartment building. Xiah couldn't do anything but helplessly follow them.

They arrived at Moniqa's apartment . . . . Se7en and the two managers were still waiting for the apartment personnel to open the door.

"Come on . . . . what's taking you guys so long?" Se7en asked impatiently.

"Sorry . . . . sir . . . but it isn't easy to open Ms. Moniqa's apartment door. It has a different security lock installed and it can only be activated from the inside," one of the men answered.

"Do something . . . . You've got to hurry . . . . She might be dead by now . . . ." Se7en angrily shouted at the apartment personnel. He was already very nervous. He was very worried about what might have happened to Moniqa. Fear was already written all over his face.

The DBSK boys were all shocked with what they heard. They suddenly became very concerned for Moniqa as well. Xiah . . . . who was trying very hard to control his emotion just acted like he didn't care about what was going on. But deep inside . . . . his heart was already screaming Moniqa's name. He was also very worried about what may have happened to her.

The men who were trying to open Moniqa's room suddenly became alarmed as well.

"If it is okay with you . . . . We can open the door but we will be destroying the whole security system for this door . . . ." one of the men said to Se7en.

"I don't care if you guys have to destroy the whole door and building . . . .Just get that door open . . . . now!" Se7en said angrily.

The men hurriedly worked on the door. After ten minutes, the men were finally able to open the door.

As soon as the door was opened . . . . Se7en immediately stormed into Moniqa's apartment. The DBSK boys and the three managers also followed him straight into the room. Never in their wildest dreams did they expect the kind of horror that they would find once they entered the room.

Se7en was the first one to go inside the room. But as he entered the living room . . . . . his heart immediately stopped the moment he saw Moniqa lying lifeless in a pool of blood.

"Iqa!" Se7en screamed. He immediately went to Moniqa's side. Then he searched for her pulse. "She's still alive," he uttered.

"Hurry call an ambulance . . . ." the DBSK boys' manager said to one of the apartment personnel.

"Iqa . . . . Come on baby . . . .Open your eyes . . . . Don't scare me like this.," Se7en said with a trembling voice as he tried to touch Moniqa's bloody face.

The DBSK boys and the managers were all stunned with the sight that they saw. Xiah just stood looking blankly at Moniqa on the floor. It was as if he was in a dream . . . a nightmare that he wanted to wake up from. Se7en started to move Moniqa carefully. But he was having trouble because of the many broken glass pieces scattered all over the room.

U-Know and Jaejoong hurriedly helped Se7en to move Moniqa. There were so many cuts in her body that Se7en was instantly covered with blood the moment he carried her in his arms.

Everyone who saw Moniqa's condition was suddenly terrified. She was lying face down on the floor. But as soon as she was turned, they all saw a very large piece of broken glass stabbed on her chest. Everyone was suddenly horrified. The wound was open and was bleeding profusely. Moniqa was already pale and her lips were almost gray.

"Moniqa . . . ." Jaejoong said with concern in his eyes.

"Get her to the van!" Moniqa's manager exclaimed.

"Hurry . . . . she's already lost a lot of blood," Se7en's manager said.

"Iqa!" Xiah suddenly uttered. He suddenly snapped out of his madness and his heart started to beat very fast. He wanted to go to her side and make her open her eyes. He couldn't believe the sight that he was seeing. Moniqa was lifeless in Se7en's arms. He wanted to scream . . . . he wanted to tell himself that it was all a dream . . . . a very bad dream.

As Se7en hurriedly carried her down into the waiting van, the DBSK boys and the managers were all praying very hard that she will be all right.

"Moniqa . . . . please don't give up. . . . Hang on . . . . please . . . .I know . . . Xiah is the only man you love . . . . . Don't worry . . . . I will help you to get him back . . . . I will do whatever it takes to make him come back to you . . . .Just promise me you won't give up. . . .I love you, Iqa. . . . But I am willing to let you go . . . . .as long as I know you're happy . . . . and very much alive. . . . Please Moniqa . . . .Please . . . .Fight . . . . Hang on . . . . We're almost there . . . . We're almost at the hospital . . . . Hang on. . . . Please don't die . . . .," Se7en repeatedly said as he held Moniqa in his arms. Tears were already streaming from his eyes. How he wanted to help Moniqa . . . . he never imagined he would ever see her in such a horrible condition.

The DBSK boys and their manager followed Se7en's van to the hospital. While on their way . . . . Xiah was also praying very hard for Moniqa's safety.

"God! Please . . . . help Iqa . . . . I still love her . . . . I just suddenly realized that I won't be able to live without her. . . . Please . . . . Please give her back to me . . . . . I promise if you give me another chance, I will try to fix everything . . . . . Please save her. . . . . I need her," Xiah said in his mind as tears rolled down his cheeks.