Chapter 13

A Star For A Star
Xiah was silently looking out the window. He was still thinking about what happened the other day . . . He still couldn't believe that Se7en was actually Moniqa's close friend . . . And it was very obvious that they were more than friends. How Xiah's heart ached as he remembered how Se7en held Iqa in his arms. How he wished that he would be able to hold Moniqa like that also.

"Xiah . . . . " Micky said as he slowly walked up to him. "You have been sad ever since we went to Iqa's apartment. Are you still thinking about her?"

Xiah looked at his friend . . . then he tried to smile.

"No matter how you try to hide the sadness you are feeling . . . your eyes cannot lie. And even if you smile . . . we can still tell that you are unhappy. . . We have already been together for years now, we can easily tell when something is wrong with you," Micky said again.

Suddenly the other DBSK members arrived and they all surrounded Xiah. They had decided that it was time that they talked with Xiah. They were very concerned with the way he has been acting ever since the night at Iqa's apartment.

They could tell that he was very hurt. But they also knew that they couldn't do anything about it. And the best thing that Xiah could do was accept the fact that Moniqa was out of his reach.

"Xiah. . . . we have all talked and we are very concerned about you," U-Know started to say.

"We know that you are very shocked and hurt by what you saw and by what you heard at Iqa's apartment . . . . But that doesn't mean that you have to become so down because of it. Moniqa is a very famous star . . . . and we all think that maybe the best thing you can do now is try to forget her," Jaejoong softly said to Xiah.

Xiah just looked at his friends. He was very grateful to all of them. He could see the love and concern in their eyes. And somehow it made him feel much better after learning that they were thinking about him.

"Thank you . . . . but frankly I don't know how to stop myself from feeling so down. . . . I just can't stop thinking about Iqa and . . . . Akira and . . . Se7en. Frankly, I don't think I can ever match up to someone like Se7en. The moment I saw him hold Iqa in his arms . . . . it was liked my whole world had come crumbling down. I didn't know what to say or what to think . . . . The only thing that was in my mind was I can never compare with him. And no matter what I did . . . . she will always choose him over me. And somehow just thinking about that . . . . hurts me . . . . it hurts me a lot . . . to the point that it is making me insane," Xiah said sadly.

"Hyung . . . you know that we are always here for you," Max said with a smile on his lips. How he wanted to cheer up his hyung. He didn't want to see him so down.

"Xiah . . . . There are a lot of other girls . . . . more beautiful . . . more sweet . . . Just forget about Iqa . . . She already belongs to someone else," Micky said as he and the other DBSK boys had already concluded that Moniqa and Se7en were in a secret relationship.

Xiah looked straight into Micky's eyes. "I can't . . . . I don't think I can forget that easily."

"Xiah . . . .it may be hard at first. . . . but you've got to try . . . ." Jaejoong said with a sad look in his eyes.

"Hyung . . . . we don't want you to get hurt anymore . . . ." Max said again.

"I like her . . . . I like her a lot that I don't know what I would do if I lose her . . . . Is this love? I have never fallen in love before . . . . Can you tell me if what I am feeling right now is love? . . . ." Xiah asked with a bewildered look in his eyes.

The other DBSK boys all felt sympathy for their friend. They wanted to help him in every way that they can. They knew that he was very confused and it was very hard for him to accept what was happening.

"Xiah . . . . Two months is still a very long time . . . Please try to hold on and don't fall deeply in love with her. It will only cause you more pain . . . Just try to pass the time . . . .without giving in to what you feel for her," Micky advised.

"Do you think I can actually stop my heart from beating?" Xiah suddenly asked.

The DBSK boys all looked at each other . . . They knew what he was saying was right. No matter how hard they tell him to control his emotions. They knew that he can never do it. He was too pure and too clueless about love. He has never fallen in love before . . . this was his very first time to love and to get hurt. . . .

"Xiah . . . . Moniqa is in the studio of Sony Music . . . . You have to go there and pick her up," the DBSK boys had suddenly said as he approached the boys.

"What?" U-Know said as if irritated. "We're all convincing him to forget her and now he is expected to pick her up?" he asked in his mind.

"Moniqa is having a rehearsal for her upcoming concert with Se7en. The two of you are supposed to go to a restaurant tonight," their manager suddenly said.

"Why is it that you suddenly want hyung to pick her up?" Max asked.

"I don't know either . . . . I was just instructed to tell Xiah that they suddenly have a date at a restaurant tonight," their manager answered.

The DBSK boys were all irritated. They somehow felt that their friend was being taken advantage of and was being played around with.

"It's all right guys . . . . Don't worry," Xiah said to his friends.

The other DBSK boys just looked at Xiah. They all knew what he was really feeling and they somehow wanted to stop him. . . . They wanted to stop him from seeing Moniqa again. They knew that once he saw her again . . . the pain and sadness he was feeling would increase. And they certainly didn't want him to suffer anymore.

"Hyung . . . . just tell them that you're not feeling well. Don't go," Max said with concern.

"Would you like us to go with you?" Jaejoong asked.

"No . . . It's fine. . . . I can take care of myself," Xiah answered.

"No! You're not fine . . . Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You look like you haven't slept in days . . . You look very tired . . . ." Micky said to Xiah.

Xiah tried to laugh. "Tired? Yes . . . I am a little tired . . . . tired of living . . . ."

"Hyung . . . . don't say that!" Max said with a high note.

"Xiah . . . . If you're going to be like that . . . . We might as well talk with the president so you and Moniqa can end this little charade of yours," Jaejoong said seriously.

"No . . . please . . . . don't be like that . . . ." Xiah said with a fake smile.

"Xiah . . . . We're very concerned about you. Please take care of yourself . . . . We don't want to see you get hurt . . ." U-Know said with concern written all over his face.

"Please . . . don't worry so much . . . . I will try to control my heart . . . And I just want to thank you guys for caring about me so much," Xiah said as he looked at his friends.

The other DBSK boys couldn't help but feel sorry for Xiah. All the sweet smiles on his lips and the sparkle in his eyes were all gone. It had suddenly been replaced with a sad, serious face and a sad look in his eyes. The boys couldn't bear the unexpected change in their friend. How they wanted to bring back the real Xiah . . . . the very happy . . . full of sweet smiles . . . . glittering eyes . . . . full of hope . . . . full of enthusiasm . . . and with a funny disposition. How they wanted to have their real Xiah . . . they didn't want him to change just because of a girl.

"Xiah . . . . the car is already waiting for you downstairs," the DBSK boys' manager had said.

"Bye . . . ." Xiah said to his friends.

As Xiah was on his way to meet up with Moniqa. His heart wouldn't stop pounding. He was very nervous . . . . He didn't know what to do once he was alone with her again. He didn't even know what to say.

"Iqa . . . . " he slowly uttered her name.

The car had finally stopped and Xiah didn't know what to do. He was in front of the studio where he was supposed to pick Moniqa up.

Xiah slowly tried to gather all his courage . . . and slowly went out of the car. Then he went inside the studio. As soon as he entered, some staff members immediately noticed him and started to whisper.

"Excuse me . . ." a staff member suddenly approached Xiah.

"Yes . . . ." Xiah replied.

"Ms. Moniqa is still in the recording room . . . Maybe you would like to wait for her there?" the staff asked.

Xiah just nodded. Then he quietly followed the man.

Xiah entered the recording room. On the other side of the room, Moniqa and Se7en were happily laughing at each other. Again . . . .Xiah's heart started to be filled with grief. He tried to look normal and unaffected by what he was seeing.

As soon as Moniqa saw Xiah . . . . her heart suddenly skipped a beat. She could see the sudden change in his face. The bright and sunny disposition he had was gone and was already replaced with a very gloomy and sad mood . . . She didn't want the sudden change she was seeing in him. She was very concerned. . . . How she wanted to console and comfort him. . . . How she wanted to bring back the Xiah she had liked.

"The concern is showing in your face . . . my dear . . . . Just be true to yourself . . . Moniqa . . ." Se7en suddenly whispered to her.

Moniqa looked at Se7en and then she tried to smile. "It's impossible Dong-Wook," she said as she shook her head.

"Nothing is impossible with love Iqa . . . . especially when both of you are feeling it . . . . And judging by the way he is looking at you now . . . . I can say that he truly loves you . . . " Se7en said with a smile.

"Se7en . . . stop it," Moniqa uttered.

"Want me to prove it?" Se7en asked.

"How?" Iqa asked again.

Se7en smiled. Then he pulled Moniqa closer to him. "Simple . . . my dear . . . Let's make a simple test . . . . if I were to keep on whispering to you like this . . . ." then he gently pulled Moniqa closer to him in a way that she was already leaning on his body. "I would say he would go out the room in . . . . one . . . . . two . . . . . three . . . . four . . ."

As Se7en said the word 'four' . . . Xiah had suddenly left the room. He couldn't take seeing Moniqa so close with Se7en anymore.

Se7en suddenly burst out laughing as soon as Xiah left the room . . .

"See . . . . I told you . . . ." he said with a grin.

"Se7en . . . . ." Moniqa uttered.

"Iqa . . . . give the man a break . . . . Have pity on the guy . . . ." Se7en said with a smile.

"Se7en . . . ."

"Please . . . . just forget about everything . . . . and be true to yourself . . ." he replied.

"But . . . ." Iqa started to say.

"No buts . . . . we're already finished with practice . . . . You can go now . . . ." he said again with a smile.

Se7en saw that Moniqa was somehow reluctant to follow what he was saying. He suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the room.

Xiah was still outside the room . . . . He was leaning against a wall . . . And he was thinking of what to say to Moniqa once he faced her again. He was suddenly surprised after seeing that Se7en was pulling Moniqa towards him.

Se7en was smiling at Xiah. As soon as Se7en and Moniqa were in front of Xiah . . . . . Se7en finally placed Iqa's hand unto Xiah's hand.

"Can you please get your girlfriend out of the studio? You guys are supposed to have a date right?" Se7en said with a smile.

Xiah was very confused on what was happening.

"I am giving her to you now . . . . Don't you ever let her go . . . ." Se7en said to Xiah with a hidden meaning.

Xiah just nodded. Then he looked at Moniqa . . . . then at her hand that he was holding . . .

"Don't worry . . . . I will never let her go . . . ." Xiah suddenly answered.

Se7en smiled at Xiah. "Go . . . Have fun. . . "

As Xiah and Moniqa walked out of the studio, hand in hand . . . . Se7en was still looking at them with a fake smile.

"Iqa . . . . I love you . . . . Why is it I am always late in telling you how much I love you? . . . . After you broke up with Akira . . . . I said I would just give you enough time to heal your heart . . . .before I confess my love to you . . . . But now it seems . . . I am late again . . ." Se7en smiled with tears in his eyes. " I am willing to let you go as long as you are happy . . . Iqa . . . . That's how much I love you . . . . I hope you will finally find happiness with Xiah . . . ."

Slowly Se7en turned away and his tears finally fell . . . . .