Chapter 1

A Star For A Star
“Our flights delayed?” Xiah asked the other DBSK members.

The DBSK boys were going back to Japan after staying in Korea for almost two weeks.

“Yes, the flight is delayed for an hour,” their manager answered.

“So what are we supposed to do for an hour?” Xiah asked impatiently. He was very tired and he wanted to rest.

“How about we eat?” Max suddenly suggested. “I am kind of hungry.”

The other DBSK members all looked at Max and they all started to laugh.

“Come on, let's eat then . . . .We wouldn't want our little brother starving,” Xiah said jokingly.

After eating, they all waited patiently at the departure area of the airport. As they were sitting in a corner, Xiah noticed a girl sitting near their group. She wearing a cap and sunglasses. She was also carrying a lot of luggage. “Who could she be?” he suddenly thought to himself. He suddenly became curious about the girl. Then he started to watch her closely.

The girl's cell phone suddenly rang. She immediately searched her bag and after finding her phone . . .she quickly answered it. She spoke in an unfamiliar language. But he could hear that she had such a sweet voice. Hurriedly the girl left after finishing her phone conversation.

After the girl left, Xiah noticed something sparkling in the seat that the girl sat on. He quickly got up and took a look at what was lying on the the seat.

It was a bracelet . . . . .a gold bracelet with diamonds. He quickly looked around again, hoping that the girl was still around. He wanted to return the bracelet to the girl. It was obviously very expensive.

But the girl was already nowhere in sight. Xiah suddenly took out his handkerchief, and carefully placed the bracelet in it. He folded the handkerchief carefully so that the bracelet would be safe.

He didn't know why but he had a feeling that he would be able to return the bracelet to the girl somehow.

Suddenly Xiah was startled by Micky.

“Hey! What is that?” Micky asked. He had seen Xiah pick up something and place it in his handkerchief.

“Nothing . . . . just a bracelet . . . .” Xiah replied.

“Well . . . . you can give it the officials of the airport so they can put it in the lost and found section of the airport,” Micky said again.

Xiah just looked at Micky. Somehow he felt like he just wanted to keep the bracelet and return it to the owner himself.

“I think I'll just keep it for a while . . . . you may never know . . . . I might end up seeing her again. And besides I really want to return it to the girl myself. It's very expensive . . . . And who knows . . . even if I give it to the airport staff . . . . it may never be returned to her anyway,” Xiah tried to justify his decision to keep the bracelet.

Micky frowned . . . . then suddenly smiled. “Whatever suits you . . . .But frankly I don't think you'll meet her again. I saw that girl . . . . She was carrying so many luggages . . . . If I didn't know better . . . . I'd say she's going on a very . . . .very long vacation.”

Xiah knew that what Micky had said was right. It was really very impossible for her to meet the girl again. But he was determined . . . .he was going to keep the bracelet until he can give it to the girl personally.

“Xiah . . . . Micky . . . . Come on . . . . We're leaving“ U-Know said as they all started to arrange their personal belongings. The passengers of the flight they were in, had already started boarding.

Fifteen minutes later . . . .

Xiah and the other DBSK boys were already resting in their seats. They were in the first class section of the airplane.

“I can't believe we're going back to Japan . . . .” Max exclaimed.

“You better believe it! Two weeks is such a short time. I didn't even had the chance to meet up with some of my friends . . . . “ Jaejoong commented.

“Goodbye Korea! We will be missing you . . . .” U-Know said jokingly.

“Goodbye . . . .my girlfriends in Korea . . . . I'll be missing you . . . .” Micky said jokingly as well.

Everybody laughed with Micky's joke.

“Girlfriends? What girlfriends are you talking about? You don't even have one right now . . . .” Jaejoong said with a laugh.

“Well . . . . a guy is always allowed to day dream . . . .” Micky replied with a grin.

All the boys laughed again. They were busy laughing and teasing one another when a girl suddenly caught Xiah's attention.

The girl had only arrived and just sat a few seats away from them. Xiah kept on looking at the girl. He wasn't sure if it was the same girl that he had seen at the airport. She was no longer wearing a cap and sunglasses. So he wasn't so sure, if it was really her or not.

Micky noticed that Xiah was looking at something. He followed Xiah's gaze and he noticed that he was looking at a girl. Somehow the girl looked familiar. He tried hard to make himself remember where he had seen the girl. Then after a few minutes . . . . he was finally able to remember who the girl was.

“Xiah . . . . isn't that the girl who dropped the bracelet that you picked up?” Micky asked.

Xiah suddenly gave Micky a very sweet smile. “So my guess was right . . . . It is her. But I was somehow hesitant since she's no longer wearing her cap and sunglasses.”

Micky laughed. “You all know I easily remember a girl's face . . .”

“Hyung . . . . are you sure it is the girl's face you remember? Isn't it their phone numbers you always try to remember?” Max asked innocently.

Xiah, Jaejoong and U-Know all laughed at Max and Micky.

The girl had suddenly taken notice of the DBSK boys because of their laughing.

Xiah was able to have a straight glance at the girl's face. She was very beautiful. But it was very obvious that she wasn't a Korean or a Japanese. “Maybe she's Chinese or Malay . . . . Oh! I don't know.” Xiah said to himself.

“Earth to Xiah!” Micky said with a grin. “Why haven't you returned her bracelet?”

Xiah looked at Micky. He had totally forgotten about the bracelet. He carefully took out his handkerchief . . . . and the girl's bracelet.

“Return the bracelet . . . . and don't forget to ask her name and number . . . . “ Micky teased.

Xiah just smiled. Then he slowly approached the girl. He was already standing in front of the girl . . . . but he still couldn't find the right words to say.

The girl looked up at Xiah . . . . she then smiled. Somehow Xiah felt that his heart had melted with the girl's smile.

“Yes? Can I help you?” the girl asked Xiah.

“Yes . . . . Well . . . . Uhm . . . . You see . . . .” Xiah started to talk but he was still unable to start the conversation.

The girl looked at Xiah with confusion.

“I saw you earlier while you were waiting in the airport lobby . . . .and I think you dropped this . . . .” Xiah held out the bracelet to the girl.

The girl stared at the bracelet that Xiah was holding in his hand. She suddenly smiled again.

“Yes . . . . It is mine . . . . Thank you . . . . Thank you for returning it to me. It is really very important to me. “ the girl said as she took the bracelet from Xiah.

“I'm glad that I've finally returned it to you. Frankly I thought I would never see you again," Xiah said with a smile.

“I'm glad that a nice guy like you found my bracelet. Thank you again . . . . How can I ever repay you?” the girl asked.

“It's nothing. Your thank you is enough already,” Xiah replied.

The girl suddenly stood up. “Then let me give you something else to show my gratitude,” she said. She gently walked up to Xiah and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

Xiah suddenly froze. His heart suddenly started pounding.

“Thank you . . . .” the girl said again with a warm smile on her lips.

Xiah gazed at the girl. He could never forgive himself if he didn't get the chance to even know her name. He tried to gather all his courage . . . . he was determined to know who the girl was.

“I'm Xiah . . . .” he was finally able to say. He slowly held out his hand to her.

The girl smiled sweetly again and she quickly shook hands with Xiah. “I'm Moniqa Ramirez. . . . . Or just call me . . . . Iqa. . . .”

Xiah couldn't believe what he was feeling as he held her hand. Somehow he didn't want to let go of her hand . . . . How he wished he could hold her hand forever.

“What a beautiful name . . . .Iqa . . . .” Xiah uttered.