Six

The Mafia Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe it’s my another unlucky fate. One night while I was on the way to return home from work, I ran into a group of gangsters who were fighting on an alley near my rent house. I wanted to ignore but as I walked pass, I realized that a group around 10 people were beating only one guy. That moment if I don’t help him, he will be beat to death so I decided to help that random guy.

 

“Police! Police is coming.” I faked police’s presence to scare the fighting crowd.

They all ran away quickly, left the single guy alone. I entered, intending to ask if I could help anything. But as I entered, that poor guy was the rude kid, the younger brother of that cruel mafia boss. He was lying in pain on the ground.

 

“Help me…” he looked at me and asked for help then he fainted.

“Hey, kid! Wake up…” I called him. I hesitantly sat down near him and shook his body. I checked his condition and it seemed serious. I was in chaotic. I knew I had to help him or he would be left alone at this dark road to death. I struggled to carry him to a main road then called taxi to go to the hospital. It’s not what I wanted to do but I phoned his older brother to come. He rushed to come to hospital for his younger brother with his bodyguards.

 

“Noora, where is Ren?” he worriedly asked. This is my first time to see him care about someone like this. I pointed to the ICU room. “He’s inside.”

That mafia boss clenched his fist then hit the wall a few times. “I’m really careless.” He said with his painful voice. Perhaps he’s blaming himself for letting his brother in this state. He was likely to cry soon but then he turned to me. He looked somehow furious but somehow sad. However the way he looks at me always scare me so I hurriedly escaped his eyes.

“I’m gonna go.” I said then was turning to leave but he suddenly grabbed my hand. He pushed me to the wall and hugged me. He moved his mouth close to my ears and whispered. “Stay right here with me a little bit!”

“Err… I’ve to go. My mother must be waiting for me.” I was stuttering to reject him. I tried to push his body slowly from mine. He didn’t force me. He just gave a deep, depressed sigh then turned to his bodyguards, telling them to send me home. I couldn’t refuse him more so I accepted the lift offer.

 

That night I was thinking about that mafia boss. Though he is scary, but there is time he can be depressed and worried about someone. That side of him made me less scared. “Hmm because he’s a human, he must have that kind of feeling. He must love his brother so much.”……

-----

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter