Trip 05

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday has arrived and I boarded the bus as usual. I went to my usual seat and started reading my novel. The only thing that was bothering me was:

I have to skip my strawberry shortcake again. At the moment, I felt like crying. Two weeks in row. All caused by LEE TAEMIN. I’m going to have my fill next week, I promised myself. By hook or by crook.

 

The bus came to a halt. I realized the bus had reached the next bus stop and the mushroom head appeared at the entrance. I immediately brought my book up to eye level hoping that the book could shield me from his view. Just don’t call me again! 

 

The bus started moving off. I just focused on my book, with the hope that he wouldn't call me. 

 

5 minutes passed and nothing happened. Did my wish come true? I peeked from behind my book and realized Taemin was busy chatting with his gang. I heaved a sigh of relief and settled down with my novel again. He might have given up upon hearing what Eun Hee said. I must thank her.

 

Soon after we reached the school, I made my way to homeroom. Everything was peaceful. Soo Ra didn't come to disturb me too. Eun Hee, I had returned to my peaceful life again. All thanks to you! I must remember to treat her. I felt myself smiling from ear to ear as I read my textbook.

 

The last bell rang indicating the end of lesson. The moment that I dreaded the most arrived sooner than I thought. I walked out of homeroom into the corridor. I heard people saying goodbye as I walked past them. Why did it have to be today when everything seemed to have reverted back to normal. I just sighed as I stood outside Mr Jung's office.

 

'Only 5 hours! You can do it! Hwaiting!' I mumbled as I stepped into the office.

 

After 5 hours of cleaning, Min Hye stood up and straightened her back, looking around. She had been squatting up and down for the past 5 hours which seemed like decades in that small dark room. She had shifted all equipments aside to wipe all the dust, pumped all deflated basketballs and soccer balls. Sweeping and mopping the floor. The amount of cleaning she done was almost equivalent to 2 months of cleaning at home.

 

'Report to Mr Jung and I'm done for the day. Phew!' I sighed loudly and kept everything before proceeding to Mr Jung's office.

 

'Thank you Mr Jung!' I said as I exited his office. One day done. Two more days to go. I counted down as I rushed to wait for bus so that I won't be late for dinner.

 

The bus arrived when I reached the bus stop. I immediately climbed onto the bus and went to my usual seat.. The bus was not very packed at this time. Unless you were attending your club activities, you won't be taking this bus at this hour. So I was quite lucky when the bus arrived as the frequency of this bus would decrease after 3pm.

 

As usual I read my book. As the time goes by, the sky got darker. I put down my book and admired the evening sky as the bus travelled down the road. The sky turned from blue to orange hue. It was the first time I saw such beautiful scenery since I have been reading most of the time while I was on the bus. Soon 'Kaki Kopi' came into view. The shop lights were still on. I could see the shop's interior from the bus through the full length glass window. Ahjumeoni was mopping the floor while ahjussi was cleaning the display. Apparently they had sold out their cakes again. I was so glad that they moved to our neighborhood, their cakes were absolutely delicious. My stomach rumbled at the thought of it. I shook the thought off. Min Hye, you could do it. You had just survived another Monday without strawberry shortcake.

 

I hopped off the bus at my stop happily thinking about what my mum would prepare for tonight. I was about to turn right but a familiar figure sitting at the stop made me took a step back. Lee Taemin, what was he sitting alone at the bus stop at such a late time? Although curiosity kept pushing me towards him, my willpower detoured me from going towards him. Why should I be curious about him? Also, whenever he's around, there wouldn't be any good stuff coming from him. It's from my past experience. Even today was also partly caused by him. I decided to walk past him and went towards the direction of my home.

 

Suddenly, a cold hand grabbed my wrist and a familiar transparent box appeared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter