Trip 23

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin's POV

I didn't go to fetch Hannah today. She told me to meet her at school instead because she was afraid that I would be tired, traveling to her house then to school. To avoid disappointing her, I agreed so here I was on the bus chatting with the guys.

'Hyung, I'll talk to you later. I need to talk to Min Hye about something.' Kai said in the midst of our conversation and walked to the back of the bus.

Min Hye was engrossed in her book as usual. She looked up and greeted Kai when he approached her. Watching them talk brought back memories. Images of us chatting and laughing during our cake session flashed through my mind.

'It's hard to believe that she was once a nerdy girl.' Key commented suddenly.

I shifted my gaze back to her. Her new clothes revealed the figure that she had once hidden beneath her large loose shirt. The smile on her face brightened the area around her. It was so familiar yet so distant.

'Woohoo! Jinjja?' Kai bolted up and shouted suddenly. His eyes sparkled with excitement as he looked at Min Hye. Min Hye just chuckled in response earning more exhilaration from Kai.

'YES! I did it.' Kai exclaimed.

What made him so happy? Could it be...? It cannot be..

'Hyung Hyung!' Kai skipped towards me.

I looked at him but I could sense Min Hye was looking at us from the corner of my eyes. Was she watching Kai just like Kai was watching her?

'What are you excited about? I can hear your voice loud and clear from here just now!' Key asked.

'Heh heh!' Kai smirked.

'Palli!' Jonghyun urged him, excitement filled his eyes.

'Min Hye agreed to be my partner for D&D.' Kai announced happily.

Min Hye agreed? She was going to the ball with Kai.

'Ahhh, no wonder someone was so happy. Chuka haeyo!' Minho punched Kai's shoulder lightly.

'Ne! Chuka haeyo! Hope you will succeed in love like me!' Jonghyun declared proudly.

'Mwo? A Dino dreaming in broad daylight?' Key laughed out.

'Yah! I had already gotten myself a date. Have you?' Jonghyun challenged.

'Someone is willing to go with you? I pitied that girl. Maybe I should ask her if she wanted a change of partner.' Key smirked.

'Yah! You irritating diva!' Jonghyun bellowed at Key who just whistled in response.

'Hyung! What are you thinking of?' Kai asked me suddenly, catching me off guard.

'Aniyo! Err... I forget to congratulate you. Chuka haeyo! Hope you win her heart soon!' I said. 

'Gomawo! I will win her heart soon!' Kai  declared. I was really happy for him but when I looked to the back of the bus at her, my heart seemed to tell me otherwise.

Unknowingly, I stared at the back of the girl sitting in front of me during classes. She was reading her book again, her hair still moved in rhythm to her giggling. Difference was that her long pony tail was gone. In replacement was her short hair which brushed her bare skin on her neck when she moved. I kinda missed the time when I pulled her hair. It would never fail to irritate her. She would usually turn in response and stared at me with her big eyes. Yet she couldn't scold me because I was in some way helping her from being caught. The look on her face never failed to crack me up. But now, talking to her seemed like a wish now. A wish that seem so far off from being fulfilled.

Rrrriiinnngggg!

The bell rang end the lesson and jolted me back to reality. As I packed my bag, I saw Kai gliding over to Min Hye's table who was standing up just then.

'Min Hye ssi, can I send you home?' Kai enquired.

Min Hye opened to answer. I craned my neck trying to make out what she said.

'...I got something on later' I managed to catch the last sentence as she replied. 

Kai's shoulder dropped in disappointment but he still managed to squeeze a cheerful smile back at her.

'It's ok. I'll see you tomorrow in bus then. Annyeong!' Kai waved good bye to her while she just smiled back at him before making her way out.

'Hai!' Kai sighed, leaning against my table.

'Don't worry, you can do it.' Minho encouraged him.

'Gomawo Hyung!' Kai said sadly.

'Why don't you go fetch her tomorrow instead?' Key suggested. 

I just stared at Key in shock and I turned my head at Kai. His sparkling eyes gave a hint to his answer before he replied.

'Ne!' He turned to me next. 'Hyung, I'll see you on the bus tomorrow.'

'Don't you think Min Hye and Kai are compatible?' Hannah commented as we walked to her Kaki Kopi.

'Mwo?' I spun to face her but as if losing control over my legs movement, I tripped and my body lurched forward.

 

'TAEMINNIE!' Her shout jolted my senses and I tried to regain my balance.

'Phew! That was close!' I heaved a sigh of relief as I stood back up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter