Trip 27

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Hye's POV

Why did I have to witness this? I just wanted to take a breather but ... Taemin was going to kiss Hannah in front of my eyes. That was the right thing for them to do. They were couple, weren't they! Instead I could feel my heart ripping apart as I watched Taemin's face moving in toward her.

I didn't realize I had stopped breathing until I gasped to catch for air. I immediately closed my mouth but Taemin's frozen body indicated that I was being heard. What should I do now? As if having a mind of its own, my legs moved backward towards the door and carried me through it after my hands managed to open it after some struggles with the slippery metal knob.

It was just a wonder how I managed to weave through the dancing crowd when my mind was totally blank except that one scene kept rewinding. The one which involved Taemin, his lips planting on Hannah's...

A sudden strong pull jolted me back to reality. I tried to pry open my already wet swollen eyes but a small force on my head paused my action. I felt my head being pushed gently onto a strong but warmth chest. I could feel the strong and rhythmic heartbeat through the chest as my head rested against it.

'I love you, Min Hye. I like you since that day I knocked you down on the field. Please give me a chance to prove that to you.' Kai confessed.

Mwo? What was he saying? 

I could only vaguely remember him accompanying me after we left the town hall and I was crying as my mind revolved around Taemin's kiss. My tears just streamed down my, I believed to be totally messed up, face. I just couldn't believe my ear. Did he actually confess a moment ago?

His tightened hug confirmed my doubt. He like me? Wae? I knew he was nice to me and he was one of the few guys I knew who was actually concerned about me. But he like me? 

I lifted my head away from his chest and looked at him. His eyes shone with sincerity under the dark night sky.

'Wae?' I was dumbfounded and the only thing I wanted to know now was why.

'there is no reason. I just got attracted to you as time passed. You're not those shallow girl who go gaga over boys who are good looking. You can get happy over simple little thing. I just love your smiling eyes. Your smile is so contagious and I just fall in love with you unknowingly.' Kai confessed. 

I was speechless at his confession. For some reasons, I could only see his sparkling eyes right then. It was so serious yet so sincere that it was absorbing all my attention. My heart was pumping furiously. Why was my surrounding filled with such attractive guys? I thought as my eyes roamed his every features on his charming face until it rested on his lips.  Suddenly Taemin's face popped up followed by the kiss scene earlier haunting me like a nightmare.

'Mianhae, I can't accept you!' I extended my arm and pushed Kai, holding him at arm's length. I dropped my head and squeezed my eyes tight, hoping that the scene would vanish with the shut of my eyes. 

'Wae?' Kai asked, sadness accompanied his question.

'I...' I paused for a moment, I knew clearly why I couldn't accept him. I didn't want to hurt a nice guy like him. Especially when my heart was not with him.

'you are still in love with Taemin Hyung!' Kai finished my sentence for me. 

I lifted up my head instantly and looked at him. I was surprised. How did he know? How did he know I like Taemin? I didn't mention it to him before.

'I knew that he was the guy who rejected you. The day where I found you at the garden alone in the rain.' Kai continued.

My heart almost stopped beating. He knew. He knew it all along. He knew i confessed to taemin and got rejected but he..

'but I didn't mention.' he completed my sentence. 'because I don't want you to wallow in pain anymore. I told myself I must make you smile again.' 

I felt tears welling up again. 'Kai, I don't deserve all this.' I muttered, tear slid down my face once again.

'Wae? You don't like my company? Or because Taemin is my cousin?' Kai probed.

'BECAUSE I CAN'T FORGET LEE TAEMIN!' I cried, breaking down completely like a broken tap. My tears streamed down my face and fell onto the concrete floor, dying it a darker grey.

'he was the first guy who chatted with me. He offered to accompany me when my friend can't. He...'

'stop crying! Stop! He's not worthy of you!' Kai pulled me into his embrace again. I just weeped uncontrollably in his chest.

Time seemed to pass by slowly as Kai hugged me. Cold air blew making us shiver in the still night. 

My emotions finally settled down after crying out. I knew Kai was nice but.. I must settle this.

'Kai?' I called.

He backed off and looked at me. 'Ne?'

'Mianhae! I know you are good to me but I don't want to hurt you. I love Taemin.' his eyes widened briefly as I said that but his gaze softened shortly after.

'Araso! I won't force you anymore but,' he paused, 'you can't stop me from liking you.'

'but..' his finger hushed my lips.

'I will be your guardian. I will protect you. Let me be your oppa!' he offered, 'I won't accept rejection for this. Araso?' he kissed my forehead and smiled at me.

Looking into his eyes, I knew that he was serious. I just nodded my head gently.

'ok I got a little sis now. Now call me oppa!' Kai teased, a cheeky smile on his face.

'Aniyo! Why should I?' I protested.

'you have agreed just now. If you break your promise, I gonna go around telling people you cry because you fall down.' Kai joked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter