Trip 19

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Min Hye's POV

'I like you Taemin. Can you be my bf?' I mustered out all my courage and finally the question was out.

I looked at him, waiting for his answer eagerly, my heart was beating furiously against my chest.

'Min Hye, I...' He stuttered but immediately turned away.

I looked at his back, puzzled. Why did he has such a reaction?

I kept looking at his back, trying to figure out his thoughts but nothing came to my mind.

After 5 minutes of silence, he finally spun around and faced me.

'Min Hye,' He began, 'Can we be just friends?' 

Friends... The word echoed in my mind as I tried to register his answer. Did I just got rejected? What did he mean by being friends?

'Can I know the reason?' The question automatically blurted out before I could sort out the confusion in my head. 

'I have a gf now.' He answered, guiltiness filled his handsome small face.

My mind immediately went blank. My heart went into a twirl, tangling all the emotions inside. What had just happened?

Instead of showing my confusion on my face, the only reaction that I could do then was to laugh out loud.

'Hahahaha! Don't look so sad.' I laughed, trying to ignore the tightness in my throat. 'I am alright. Congrats on getting a girlfriend. Finally you had your first experience in boy girl relationship.' I looked at him, forcing a smile onto my face but emotions started to overflow from my heart and blurred my vision of him.

'Min Hye, I...' He said but I cut in.

'Mianhae Taemin, I suddenly remember I got something on. I need to rush off now.' I looked down, avoiding his glance and grabbed my bag before he could reply. 'Introduce your girlfriend to me next time. Annyeong!' I shouted back as I dashed off leaving him behind.

'Sniff Sniff' I tried to withhold the emotions within me as I ran aimlessly, running as far away from that place as my legs could possibly take me.

My mind was still in a blank. I was totally at a loss of what to do next.

Suddenly, a thunder rolled across the cloud forcing my legs to stop its movement and looked up.

A menacingly-looking cloud hung high above my head. Its color reminded me of the feeling that i had right then. GREY!

I slumped onto the bench next to my feet, my whole mind blanked.

I tried to recall what had happened earlier and only one thing surfaced.

'Can we be just friends?'

Thunder rolled again, this time round, it brought along drops of coldness with it. Raindrops fell onto me, bringing coldness to my body on every contact, chilling my heart together with it in the process. Fog built up in my spec blocking my vision completely. I took down my spec and placed it on my lap.

Looking at the lens, a blurry ragged face was looking back at me.

'Why did I even think that I am special to him in some way? Why did I think that I won't regret that I did this? Why?' I weeped, pouring out my sorrow to the reflection in my lens. Tears flew out just like the sadness in my heart.

**************

Kai's POV

'Oh great! I should have listen to hyung and left earlier. Now it's starting to rain. Aish!' I reprimanded myself as I dashed across a park 5km away from school.

Taemin hyung told me to go ahead and went off but instead of listening to him, I decided to explore the school neighborhood. Now the sky looked like it gonna fell on me soon and I didn't bring my umbrella today. My umma would definitely scold me again. My head throbbed as I imagined the scene later.

I quickly dashed across the park but a lonely figure caught my sight. I slowed down and looked at the person sitting on the bench.

'That person looked familiar' I mumbled to myself as I edged closer in her direction, trying to see her face.

It's Min Hye. Why was she sitting there under the rain. I thought to myself.

'Min...' I shouted but stopped when I saw she was crying. Should I approach her, I asked myself.

The rain pour down continuously and it seemed that it won't stop any time soon. I should tell her to go home else she would catch a cold.

I walked gently towards her in order not to frighten her. When I reached her side, she didn't look up. Apparently she didn't sense my presence. 

'Min Hye!' I called softly. 

As if startled, her whole body shrugged a little but still she didn't raise her head to look at me. She was shaking a little. I squatted down and tried to take a peek at her face.

I drew in a deep breath when I finally saw her face. Her face was streaked with tears continuously flowing from her eyes down her pale white face. Her big sparkling eyes was now swollen red and her lips was squeezed tight as she tried to hold back her tears.

'Are you ok?' I asked after a few minutes of silent. 

No response from her as she continued to hang her head low.

'You will get sick if you stays here. Shall I bring you to a sheltered place?' I tried probing but still no answer.

My heart tightened a bit as I continued looking at her. She looked frail and forlorn with the rain falling on her small stature. I felt like pulling her into my arms and comforted her but I knew I shouldn't do that. It would scare her instead.

'Care to share with me what happen?' I enquired again even though she might ignore me.

Instead of giving me the silent treatment, I saw her eyes widen and she shook her head, indicating her answer.

Finally she gave some responses. I heaved a sigh of relief. At least she did hear what I was saying.

'It's ok if you do not want to tell me. But it seemed like you don't feel like leaving, I shall stay and accompany you.' I stood up and went to her side and sat beside her.

She shrugged a little but she didn't chase me away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter