Trip 15

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I reached the bus stop 1 hour earlier than the scheduled time. I sat on the bench and looked around for that tall lanky guy's arrival. What had happened in the morning almost amazed me. It was so not me...

I woke up at the usual timing for school on a weekend morning when I would usually laze till noon. Not only that, I actually spent the whole morning, rummaging and searching for my best clothes in my pathetic wardrobe when I usually just pulled any piece of clothing that I could grab. I finally had a good look at my wardrobe after so many years. All I saw in there were all the oversized clothes that I had bought during a sale. Nothing in there was decent except that one. The present that Eun Hee gave me for my birthday last year. 

This is the first time that I worn this present. I felt totally awkward in it. The top was hugging my body almost like a second layer of skin, but I was still able to breathe normally. The shorts was alright but it was SHORT. Shorter than my usual knee length skirts or bottoms by almost 2 inch. Oh mine! Why did i ask my mum for opinion anyway.

**Flashback**

'Girl, you looks very good in this. Eun Hee has such good taste.' My mum praised.

'But don't you think it's too tight-fitting and the shorts is too short?' I complained.

'Girl, sometimes I think you are very old-fashioned. I must ask Eun Hee to bring you out to shop sometime.' Mum commented.

'I think I better go back to my room and change to my usual.' I turned toward my room but…

'Do you want to let Eun Hee down? She bought this set of clothes specially for you. If you don't wear it, I would help you return it to her.' My mum threatened.

**End of flashback**

That was how I ended up in this 'not so me' outfit. I better asked Eun Hee not to give me any more clothing in future. Else my mum would use this trick again. What made me more worried was the first person, other than my mum, who would see me in this outfit, would be none other than him.

Taemin appeared at the bend just then, walking towards me like a model on the walkway. Wearing a graphic white tee with pale blue skinny jean, he looked so clean and bright against the dull building and pavement. The afternoon sun shone on him just like the spotlight on the model, making him stand out from the passerbys.

I found myself focusing on him the moment he appeared. I subconsciously pulled the hem of my shorts, trying to make them longer and nearer to my knee. What would he say about my look today? 

Shocked at that thought, I mentally scolded myself. Hey, why should I be  bothered with what he said. But reflecting back, I don't know since when, he started to influence me. Even when he was not around, he would just pop up in my mind, affecting my thinking, my vision, my action, my heartbeat...

I could feel my heartbeat sped up as he walked toward me, closer and closer. Our eyes finally met when he entered the shade of the bus stop.

'Annyeong!' His eyes widened as he greeted me.

'Annyeong!' I greeted and immediately turned away from his gaze. His big puppy eyes made my heart fluttered until I realized I had almost stopped breathing. What's happening to me? I never had these feeling before except when I was reading the novel... It couldn't be, could it?

I shook my head. He was just my cake buddy. I must have been excited over the cake session later. There's no way I fell in love with a kingka.

'Hello?' He shook my shoulder. I jumped at his touch which made him looked at me in puzzle. 'Ne?' I asked him, his touch still left a tingle on my shoulder.

'Where is this new cake shop?' He asked, 'I can't wait to try it.' He his lips.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw that. I raised my finger in the direction of that cafe. He nodded and started walking.

'Min Hye, be your normal self!' I told myself softly.
'Min Hye, palli!' He urged in a joking manner.
'Ne!' I could feel myself smiling as I went to walk by his side.

I immediately ran to the cake display counter after we settled at a table in the corner of the shop.

The varieties of cake on display amazed me. Chocolate cake, Mont blanc, red velvet cake, new York cheesecake...etc so many and not to mention my must-try strawberry shortcake. I could feel my mouth watered as I chose the cake flavor to order.

'So what do they have?' Taemin voice appeared next to my ear.

I grinned and turned to face him. But to my surprise, his cheek greeted me, an inch away from me. When did he come so close to me? Staring at his cheek, I remember the kiss on that day on the exact same che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter