Trip 04

I Fall In Love... On A Bus Ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Kang Min Hye!' 

'Ne!' I answered. 

'I really REALLY don't know what to do with you. You had promised me earlier but now you are doing it again.' held his head with his hand.

I kept quiet and looked down. I knew I was wrong and there's nothing I could do to remediate the situation now. To make thing even worse, the whole class was alerted because I shouted at Lee Taemin.

'Now you even have an accomplice!'

I raised my head up. Accomplice? Who was that?

'Lee Taemin, since it's your first time and you're only helping her, I pardon you this time.' Mr Jung stated. 

'Mwo? When did he help me? He was creating trouble for me.' I debated inside my mind. 'I need to clear this up'

'I..' Taemin and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and I just turned away my head in disgust.

'No more words from the two of you! And you, Miss Kang,' Mr Jung continued. 'To punish you, next Monday to Wednesday, you shall stay back after class until 4pm to clean the sports room and arts room. Araso?'

I could feel my mouth dropped open in shock. Monday to Wednesday! Oh great! Now I have to explain to my mum, why am I staying back after school to clean the most messy room in the whole school. Most importantly, I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO EAT MY STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! AGAIN! Two week in a row! I feel like banging the wall now.

'My cake!' I mumbled sadly.

Unknown to me, Taemin heard my mumble and looked at me quietly while Mr Jung continued nagging.

After 2 hour of nagging, we left the room together.

'Min..' Taemin called but...

'YOU!' I turned and pointed my finger straight at his face. 'Stop calling my name! You had given me the worst week of my life. From Monday till now especially after you know my name'

'I ...' Taemin opened his mouth but was immediately interrupted.

'I just want a normal school life, reading my favourite novel and eating my favorite cake.' I blurted. 'I don't want to have any more interaction with you. LEAVE ME ALONE!' I stormed off before he could even respond and left him alone at the corridor.

That night, I called Eun Hee and cried my heart out. I told her what happened for the rest of the week and how I wished Eun Hee can be there waiting for me after being scolded by Mr Jung. Eun Hee usually has student council meeting on Friday afternoon so the only chance to chat with her would be at night. And this chat lasted until 3am before I reluctantly hung up the phone.

'Don't think too much! Everything will be fine eventually!' Eun Hee advised me before I hung up.

Weekend was the only time that I could truly enjoy myself. I borrowed more books from public library, and had a cake buffet at 'kaki kopi' with Eun Hee but of course majority was eaten by me.

'Are you sure you can finish all these by yourself?' Eun Hee raised her eyebrow at me. She had already stuffed herself to her max. 2 more cakes than her usual 3. 

'I am sure!' I clenched my fist, showing her my determination. 'I'm not even 10% full yet!' I continued with my 7th cake.

Eun Hee just shook her head and drunk her floral tea. I guessed she had given up on persuading me to eat less. 

Finishing the 10th cake, I sat back and savored my last bite while I looked around. Ahjumeoni was bringing out a new blueberry cheesecake cake from the kitchen to replenish her existing one. Just the mere look at the cake made me salivate again even though I had one earlier.

'I'm getting more cakes, do you want some too?' I asked Eun Hee as I stood up.

'Nope' she looked up from her magazine. 'I'm still full. My tea is sufficient.' She smiled at me. 

I walked to the counter.

'Min Hye, how's the cakes? You finished them?' Ahjumeoni asked me cheerfully. 

Ahjumeoni was a plump demure woman in her mid 40s. Her husband and her opened this shop because they love baking a lot. They have a daughter who has not moved over with them as they want to ensure everything were settled before bringing her over. Now she is still staying with her grandmother at Jeju island. 

Looking at Ahjumeoni's lovely smile, I couldn't help but to keep imagining how her daughter would look like. She must be sweet and lovely like Ahjumeoni.

'It is as delicious as ever. I loves the cakes especially the strawberry shortcake. ' I exclaimed.

'Min Hye ssi, kamsa hamnida!' Ahjussi said as he emerged from the kitchen.

'Annyeong ahjussi!' I bowed when I saw him.

'Annyeong! No wonder my old woman here always leave a slice of strawberry shortcake on Monday for you.' he said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter